It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird weather circle over Australia!!!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
That appears to be a problem with the radar receiver.

The "web" anomaly usually indicates problems in the receiver, most likely a bad or noisy Automatic Gain Control (AGC) or bad IF attentuator. If the clock signals are not set properly, it could cause the IF attenuator to produce data resulting in an image similar to the one above. Different colors suggest either a "hot" or "cold" signal.

www.letxa.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I think if you actually read the links then you can see what you are saying is absolute bs. Under different circumstances maybe yes, but sorry not this time

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Australian weather stations vs UFO:

Source (Tuesday, September 18, 2007 post)

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by enca78
reply to post by Phage

I think if you actually read the links then you can see what you are saying is absolute bs. Under different circumstances maybe yes, but sorry not this time

Well.. Could be a very good explanation. I wouldn't call BS just yet.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Holy crap I actually know something that Phage doesn't...

That is caused when a radar is put in clear air mode and picks up traffic clutter or temperature inversions.

CLEAR AIR MODE:  On days where there is no rain, snow, or thunderstorms in the area of the radar scan, the NEXRAD radar operates in "Clear Air Mode". 
This is a special setting of the radar that gives it enhanced sensitivity that often picks up things in the atmosphere you wouldn't normally be able to spot on radar, like dust clouds, flocks of birds, temperature inversions, and also "ground clutter" from reflections off terrain and buildings in the area. 
For example, this scan at left shows the Phoenix, AZ NEXRAD in Clear Air Mode. Note how it picks up the many buildings near Phoenix at the center and also some echoes up to the NW and NE that are mountains.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by warlok

At the minute im swaying to the option that it could be caused by the energies given off by the sun and the deteriation of various layers protecting our planet. If it was a ufo which i very much doubt there would have been something reported surely?

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by enca78
reply to post by warlok

At the minute im swaying to the option that it could be caused by the energies given off by the sun and the deteriation of various layers protecting our planet. If it was a ufo which i very much doubt there would have been something reported surely?

Just out of interest... what are these 'various layers protecting our planet' called? How do they interact with the sun to create that effect? I'll give you time to go and google a few things as it seems obvious you can't even name the things you refer to in your 'theory'.

IRM

[edit on 19/1/10 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I live in WA and there doesnt seem to be anything strange going down ova hiaaaa.. lol.

MUST BE A CONSPIRACY TO HIDE IT FROM THE WA POPULACE....

yawn

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Wow that's weird :O
I don't think it's caused by HAARP or anything, but, wow!

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I'm in Brisbane and check the BOM site - BOM - pretty much all day every day and have seen false echoes just like these often on the BOM radar, especially over Brisbane. As soon as I see one I check the Weatherzone site - Weatherzone - and it never shows on their radars.

The last one I spotted was a few weeks before Christmas over northwest Northern Territory.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I have seen an identical pattern about a year ago. It was over South Australia from memory. I didn't take a screen shot of it but did call in the family to have a look. We were all of the (admittedly non-academic/professional) opinion that it was most likely a glitch in the radar processes. I have never seen an explanation for it.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
People really need to get over this whole fixation of scanning satellite images for anomalies and then posting them on ATS thinking it's anything other than data glitches.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Looks like the "weather" is affected, much as anywhere, is by the terrain, such as hills, valleys, etc. There are plenty of craters visible in Australia, so perhaps the weather pattern is just outlining one of those. This reply made more sense to me before I started typing.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by butane bob

True. Google Earth is a great example of this. So many people want desperately to see something so much, that they will be sure to find an image to correspond to their predispositioned belief.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
there is definately something going on................

there were winds blowing from the south east,, and that never happens, or is not meant to this time of year....

There is something fishy happenin is aus's skys....
constantly wierd planes flying at absolutely ridiculous times... even though all comercial planes cease at 11pm....

ive been noticing hazes in the air alot......
with a wierd feeling atmosphere to compliment it,,

# is fuked up here... as is the rest of the world.. Aus is in thik of it aswell...

we are a constitutional monarchy, and we are still a part of the english empire......

also australia does have a haarp system, its in the desert... AND FUNNILY ENOUGH ITS THE SHAPE OF A SWASTIKA......

[edit on 19-1-2010 by tripulation666]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by enca78

To be perfectly honest i live in SW Australia and this is the first of heard of it i think somebody is playing games with ya all because there has been no weird occurences in my area.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
While I have no evidence to support my theory, when I observed the photos over Australia I got the feeling these were a crop circle type marking where some future asteroid or meteor is going to strike. Who ever is creating the crop circles could be showing us visually the impact points around the world where space debris will impact. As such, these are impact points for devastating and possible extinction type impacts from some yet to be determined type of space debris.

Lastly I also briefly thought about these strange circles being location markers where perhaps contact will take place by some intergalactic star cruisers or light ships. The possibilities are many and varied. Lets hope it for 1st contact and not impact points for large space objects or debris.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MaxBlack

That has got to be ones of the strangest excuses for something that never really happened lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join