It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird weather circle over Australia!!!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Weird weather circle over Australia

www.realufos.net

Just what have caused the weather anomaly circle over Australia? : radar error , HAARP or something else..

This interesting report in from Colin Andrews's site:

Australian Government weather observatory at Kalgoorlie and Giles in Western Australia state that there was no weather to reflect the huge ring effect which appeared on satellite images two days ago
(visit the link for the full news article)
www.colinandrews.net...
I have videos on my you tube but for some reason its not allowing me to even enter the home page?

[edit on 19-1-2010 by enca78]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Written at 2230 Hrs (US Eastern) 15th
January 2010.

A contact in Australia just alerted me to
what he describes as "very strange
weather taking place over the south
west of Australia".
Anyone have any ideas regarding this? The recent weather we have been experiencing is not normal as it is but this?

www.realufos.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Hate to be "that guy" but this looks fake to me. I am sure that some of our Aussie members can chime in on this. Can you find any evidence of that ring anywhere else? I would think that more than a UFO blog would at least create a story on it if it really happened.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

If you read all of the links then you will see the circular holes in the clouds. On you tube theres a number of these but at the moment i cant access you tube at all?

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
d00d its just the radar being off. I'm constantly looking at the bureau of meteorology website.

I mean check out brisbane.

www.bom.gov.au...

theres a radar circle there. There always seems to be one around brisbane and one down there in WA...

www.bom.gov.au...

The image is taken straight off the bureau of meteorology website. And he would have had on Satellite, and radar ticked. Because you dont get those circles from jsut the sateliite alone. Just the radar.

and if you read the rest of the story the picture shows im corect ;-P

[edit on 19-1-2010 by DaRAGE]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Actually if you clicked the link you'd see it's taken from another website with more pictures, including pictures that had been screenshot from the BOM (the australian weather agency) website. I've seen something like this before so it isn't fake but there was some explanation that I've now forgot.

A guy that works there posts on ATS a lot I think it's OzWeatherman. Anyway I'm sure he'd know what it is.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
My contact in Western Australia has observed no abnormal weather the last few days. (me)

Besides being quite warm and humid.

The circle appears to be just a radar anomaly which occurs every now and then.

This coincides with the update on Colin Andrews site as well:

Sent:Monday, 18 January 2010 7:18:17 PM
To: xxxx removed

Hi Allan,

Early Saturday there were sort of concentric circles of echoes between 200 Kms and 400 Kms from Kalgoorlie-Boulder. However there was no weather around this area from which radar signals might have been reflected. It would therefore seem to be due to what is referred to as "anomalous propagation ".(false echoes) or even possibly dust in the atmosphere.

Regards, Andy, Kalgoorlie-Boulder Met. Office.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
d00d its just the radar being off. I'm constantly looking at the being off

I mean check out brisbane.

The reason i posted it was to get information or views from others? if i knew what it was then why would i bother to post it?

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Have noticed lately we have been getting some pretty crazy weather related gear down here in NSW / Newcastle way....

Full on dirty thunder storms and strange cloud formations in the shape of a whirlwind style object but massive but very very slow moving... I took a picture of one the other day and will post soon

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by enca78

A similar event occurred over Switzerland last year:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 19/1/10 by Chadwickus]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Hmmm thats pretty interesting, why though if it was something suss would it be released I wonder, I'm sure the G-Men would have a close eye on the weather stations...

Lol, I think we should wait for OzWeatherman to show up, it's sorta his thing.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Heres the other links
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
There have been a few recently reported? what causes these then? anyone?
Looks exactly like those from my origional post above follow the lonks above

People theres something going on one way or the other. Its just finding out what!!

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by enca78
People theres something going on one way or the other. Its just finding out what!!

Does that 'something' include a prosaic (normal, everyday) occurrence be it technical or natural? Just wondering because you don't appear to have accepted any of the given explanations yet, ergo, still asking the question.

IRM

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Jep, that's a glitchy radar showing false echoes. We see it on www.buienradar.nl... (dutch rain radar) too sometimes. My father works for the Royal Dutch Weather Institute and explained it to me a while ago.

Example:

For instance, the rings you see in this picture are melting bands (translated from dutch: smeltbanden). The rings are situated around the radar stations in De Bilt and Den Helder and are caused by zones where snow formed on high altitude, transforms to rain.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by warlok]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by warlok

ok so its just a glitch ? just delete post or how do i do it?

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by enca78

Delete? Why? I'll try and find out how the circle in your post is formed..

[edit on 19-1-2010 by warlok]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by enca78
reply to post by warlok

ok so its just a glitch ? just delete post or how do i do it?

No, this thread should live on as a reminder that weather circles happen due to glitches. No point in deleting it. Not that I've bothered to confirm this is a glitch but it makes sense to me that it is... I have seen radar holes be called strange weather phenomenon before on ATS.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by truthquest

Ok i`ll leave it on and see what happens. If its proven that there is an explanation though feel free to trash it.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
These glitches are usualy formed because the radar is "looking" through an inversion layer

Why the circular pattern? The radar is pointed up on a angle slicing through the layer. Only at the points where the radar slices through this layer you will see the glitches.

Note: I'm not completely sure on this one because the image is very small but it's no UFO

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Remember the strange donut shaped UFO's filmed from the shuttle a couple of years ago?

The could have been that big. Could the radar be picking up UFO's over Oz?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join