It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Home Remedies-

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Awesome, I actually have some growing in my yard...
Never even noticed.

Thankyou so much for the info, will have a go and get back to you on the success

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Has anyone mentioned chamomile yet? I haven't used the plant itself but Kamillosan Chamomile Ointment , which contains at least 10% chamomile, is brilliant on any injuries, blisters etc. It says on the box it's for breast-feeding mums but ignore that. If you've ever experienced nipple pain with breast-feeding you know having your leg sawn off with a rusty blade would be a walk in the park in comparison.
I use it on everything and it heals injuries so fast you'll think it's magic. Everyone should have a tube of the ointment on standby and when the shtf and your tube runs out remember CHAMOMILE is the active ingredient.

Making my own ointment would be great if someone has a recipe.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Tea Tree Oil works great for topical skin infections.
I recently purchased some Radium Weed seeds from Australia, a plant which supposedly cures skin cancer.

Also, I get occasional canker sores in my mouth, and usually a little salt and apple cider vinegar works to clear it up. I use a cotton swab to apply it, to avoid the vinegar on my teeth enamel.

I've been studying up on Folic Acid, as there may be a link between my canker sores and a deficiency of this vitamin.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Stock up on medical supplies, food, and water if you're planning for emergencies.

As for home remedies, oatmeal baths get rid of rashes including poison ivy and oak, Eat hot soups , hot coca, or coffee for common colds and the flu, of course... and relating to new possible flu pandemic theories, to prevent from getting the flu in the first place, take LOTS of vitamin C and D on a regular basis, and anything that boosts your immune system.

LOTS of ORANGES!

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Someone posted aloe, and that they weren't sure what its for: minor burns.

The wonders of tea tree oil have been discussed, but don't forget that mixed with a little water and citrus (lemons, or oranges for example) it can be used as a multi-surface cleaner.

Two other pdf books that are available for free that might be useful in a "total breakdown of society" type of situation are: "Where there is no doctor" and "where there is no dentist". There are also other variations, one targeted specifically for women.

Pine needle tea= excellent source of vitamin C.

Willow Bark tea= aspirin equivalent, good for headaches!

Kudzu= invasive plant that's widely available and edible

Cattails= the heads can be ground into and used as a flour sort of substitute, for making breads and whatnot

Dandelions= The greens are edible, and they're everywhere.

Broad-leaf plantain= Another widely available, and edible weed.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I've always heard that echinacea is good for getting over colds, and I've taken it, but it hasn't worked for me. But i've recently taken to using echinacea/goldenseal combo pills, and they have worked VERY well, especially when used in conjunction with 100mg/day of zinc and B12. Taken a couple times a day with meals, and they will knock a sinus infection out in a couple days.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Well this is a subject that I have been delaying for too long,
mostly because we still live in the city for the time being; and so most
of our "preperations" have been gathering of knowledge.

One big problem that I have encountered is finding a replacement
for aspirin / willow bark, as my wife is allergic to these, and our toddler
may very well be as well. ( too early to tell)

Anyone know of a good substitute for aspirin that can be grown easily
in say; east Texas?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by blood0fheroes
Perhaps you could try Yucca. I've had good luck with using it for pain management in my horses. Here is some info: www.motherearthnews.com...

Looks like it would grow in the southwestern US.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
for athletes foot, and plantars warts and even painful calluses on your feet, you pee ON your feet.
Your urine holds the cure for what is ailing your feet.....and it does not just help a little, its a permanent CURE........

[edit on 19-1-2010 by theRiverGoddess]

I have a planters wart on my finger and will give it a try.

Question is: How long before I can wash my hand?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by blood0fheroes

Salicin the original bark from the trees is just as valuable.

Salicin is found in the inner bark of several species of trees including the Willow family. These plants include:

* American, Trembling or Quaking Aspen

* Big tooth Aspen

* White willow or European willow

* Black willow or the popular pussy willow

* Crack willow

* Purple willow

* Weeping willow

healthmad.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Unregistered

Quote: "Aloe is... I forgot, but its slime is also a remedy of some sort. What for, I have already forgotten.
Honey is also a remedy for something which I also forgot."

Aloe is great treatment for burns.
Honey is antibacterial and speeds wound healing.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join