It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are we so dumb?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Ya err - Why are we so dumb? - I mean (and I have to type this to make up the count) I read what you type.... And you read what I type...

Why are we so dumb? -- We know that this will be saved somewhere for a long time... This - In 2K years - could be part of so equivalent of hieroglyphics or some other nonsense.

So discuss?.?! yhea err

Edit: I really did refrain from typing the exact words I wanted to use.. So please understand that I will regard most posts with the contempt I wished them

[edit on 19/1/2010 by Now_Then]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
who you callin dumb? hope its not me

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

I think it has to do with the bell curve or something.

Best,
SN

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
It's the fluoride in the water , bad education system , T.V , contrails , credit cards , lack of reading books and a lack of activities that promote creative thinking , to name just a few .

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Man I think I had a bit to drink when I started this thread!

OK moving on it's still a valid question
I think I have an idea what's happening to my brain cells, I'm preserving them in alcohol for use at a later date.

I blame the schools.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I blame TV and hair bleach.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
^ yeah i'm going the hair bleach, and the smoking as a teen *cough* (adult). ;p

[edit on 19/1/2010 by bkaust]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Yes, that first post was ....

Good question, though, 'Why are we so dumb ? '

But it is dumbness ?

I think most of us, a lot of the time, are trusting. We're nice. We expect others to be like us, think like us, do as we'd do. And this is why our cars are stolen and our houses robbed. It's why we're bashed and raped and murdered. It's why we're betrayed by those we trust. Etc. We just don't see it coming. We expect better of others. We respect them and hold them in high regard. We believe in truth and justice. We trust our politicians and police and insurance company.

Dumb ? No. We're not dumb. Although crooks believe we're dumb. Politicians and the whore media believe we're dumb

The mistake a lot of crooks make is to confuse 'decent' with 'dumbness' .. all sorts of crooks make that mistake. Then, when nice and decent people reach for their gun or their vote or put their lawyer on the case, the crooks usually cry 'Foul ! '. They're outraged because we turned out to be not so dumb after all. The crooks actually feel betrayed. It's the crooks who're dumb !

As the saying goes: ' How could you be stupid enough to think that I'm stupid ? ' .. it's from an old movie, I think. It illustrates that most of us credit the rest of the world with the same level of intelligence as we ourselves possess. The polymath .. without stopping to consider it .. fully expects everyone else to be bilingual and an accomplished musician, sculptor, painter, structural engineer and brain-surgeon. Conversely, the person with the 85 IQ suspects everyone of trying to steal his shoes, because he himself would steal others' shoes if he could. Someone has a thread going at the moment, about Projection. There's an element of that in our assumptions. The gossip believes others all gossip too. The thief believes everyone's a thief under the skin. And so on

We're not dumb. We trust. We want to believe the world and those in it are the same or superior to ourselves. We want to believe in something Perfect .. something kind, filled with understanding and compassion. We want to believe that our deceased loved-ones go to a 'better place' and also that we'll go there someday too. Millions of people want to believe that extraterrestrial-aliens are perfect parent-figures who'll protect us and put everything to rights. Every time there's an election, people hope that this time, a 'good leader' will right all wrongs and make our land a better place

So we're optimists. We're hopeful, ever hopeful, even the so-called 'dregs of society, the hardened criminals, have hope

I've long wondered why we're this way and I believe (hope?) that it's testimony to whatever created us, as in 'As below, so above'. Surely, this trust, this belief, this longing for 'better', this optimism, is evidence of a huge well of goodness somewhere which became part of our bones and blood when we took human form ?

We gravitate towards what we believe to be 'goodness', each time we fall in love or form a friendship. Children usually credit everything and everyone with this goodness

Even when we're adults, we're still filled with childlike trust, as when we say, ' I just met the new neighbours. Gee they're great ', only to have our trust and respect shattered when the neighbours reveal themselves to be the opposite of what we believed

Every hour of every day, someone has their heart broken and is betrayed by the person they love. The pain they feel is real and deep. Were they dumb to give their total loyalty and love to that person ? No. People with 150 IQ are betrayed and have their hearts broken as do those who can't read or write or count to ten.

Like taking candy from a baby, say the shonky salesmen and burglars. And yes, we're like babies in the way we hope and trust. Shonky salesmen and burlars have their trust betrayed too.

We're not dumb. We're trusting. We shouldn't be, perhaps, considering what we've experienced and observed. Yet on we go to trust and hope again. I consider it one of the most endearing and better human traits. It means something profound, but I haven't quite worked it all out yet

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
We are so dumb (much more then you "think"), because we can. We are lazy, dumb (and proud of it) human assholes, not more. I give mankind max. 50 years from now, - and not one more.

btw. Alone the fact, that we are posting (and what) on ATS is silly. Nobody here seems to know what ATS is for.....monitoring

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I'm dumber for having read this.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

e know that this will be saved somewhere for a long time... This - In 2K years - could be part of so equivalent of hieroglyphics or some other nonsense.

Then let's make the Internet Rosetta Stone...with a phrase known throughout all languages....

"There once was a man from Nantucket....whose.........."

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Whose head was stuck in a bucket?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
We're stupid because we're selfish.

Not to mention that most people have cut themselves off from the very source of intelligence and logic.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

...I gots some help about the dumb thing...

...may I introduce to you Nicola Tesla...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cb2e42130461.png[/atsimg]

...The stage is your Nicky Tesla...

What did he say ?

[edit on 21-1-2010 by The Utopian Penguin]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by The Utopian Penguin

Oh dear, most days I put mercury on my toast and in my tea - actually I rub it all over my self in a death element orgy - gotta stop doing that.

Maybe lead? Lead tastes nice.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
From my POV being dumb is WAY easier than being smart. Plus have you noticed that the smarter you are the more you know about this complex world that we live in? It gives me a headache just thinking about it. And usually smarter people have more responsibilities than others. So I guess ignorance is bliss to a certain level.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I found a good source of lead.
There called pencils and they make goods and you caneat noodles with them.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by The Utopian Penguin

That's graphite dumass :shk:
to make a penguin you will need:

Oxygen (65%)
Carbon (18%)
Hydrogen (10%)
Nitrogen (3%)
Calcium (1.5%)
Phosphorus (1.0%)
Potassium (0.35%)
Sulfur (0.25%)
Sodium (0.15%)
Magnesium (0.05%)
Copper, Zinc, Selenium, Molybdenum, Fluorine, Chlorine, Iodine, Manganese, Cobalt, Iron (0.70%)
Lithium, Strontium, Aluminum, Silicon, Lead, Vanadium, Arsenic, Bromine (trace amounts)

Graphite is carbon, so your about 18% carbon, maybe a little more if you eat the 'lead' in pencils...

The best source of lead I find is to dig up the graves of plague victims in the dead of night and lick the lead lined coffins.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I blame blaming everything but yourself.

Ehhh, I mean, I blame myself.. Dammit! :bash:

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Giraffeheight ?

What do animals from the north pole have to do with this ?

Are you denuded or something.

( can't believe you looked that up lol)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join