It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Threat Lurks For United States, Too

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Link

As disaster crews and scientists investigate the havoc wrought in Haiti, questions emerge as to whether such a vastly destructive disaster could happen at home in the United States. In fact, cities are located near dangerous earthquake zones all throughout the country, from the most infamous on the West Coast to potential time bombs in the Midwest and even on the Eastern Seaboard.

I wonder when the US will get hit by a big Earthquake. I am not wishing one I am just wondering. Is it true an earthquake big enough can rip apart California?

Also can anyone help me find anything on earthquakes in Ohio? My parents told me they had one on their wedding day.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by capgirl

It could have been from the new madrid fault. I happen to live on top of it! There have been three smalls quakes in the past week as listed on the USGS. I was discussing this very thing with my kids tonight. I can't help but wonder if the US was crippled by natural disasters, who would come to our aid.... Of course and just personal opinion, I think the whole world is in for a bumpy ride over the next few years...

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by capgirl

A quick search for your area's geology history will bring you up to date on the hazards where you live.

Also there is the USGS site, this page is specifically about Ohio and it's eartuakes history:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

new topics

join