It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Police State - JETS fan arrested for cheering at the Chargers game.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
great show of democracy work
i guess this guy didn't have a permit

what foolish sheep you have become ! this video is a proof why you americans have become such true cowards, why didn't anybody help this guy ? standing tall and prude to be a American so many of you yet nobody lifted a hand to protect your own believes if the majority believes whats right and wrong what is the government doing ? they are a mere 500 forsaken souls that god will punish

yes I'm calling you cowards, show me your face cowards !

democracy is great until they do this to you !
then you rethink what democracy is.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I have to tell you after being one of three L.A. Ram’s fans (Obviously many years ago) in a sold out plus crowd of 49r’s fans at Candlestick Park that big NFL Games and Play Off Games especially can be a harrowing experience in the stands.

Throughout the game I repeatedly had things thrown at me, was barred from entering the restrooms by San Francisco Police because they would not guarantee my safety inside and was told after the game when boarding a Public Bus back to downtown San Francisco by the driver, to not attempt to pay the fare and to quickly get away from his as fast as humanly possible as he didn’t want to be caught in any cross fire directed my way.

I was continuously harassed, threatened, baited, prodded, pushed, shoved, and had things thrown at me throughout the game as well as on the bus ride back downtown.

The truth is once they saw this guy slapped by a wheelchair bound lady they really had an obligation to remove him for his own protection.

Having seen some fan fights at L.A. Rams versus, L.A. Raiders games I can tell you that people do sometimes get hurt very badly in them on rare occasion killed.

The coliseum mob rule mentality that sometimes morphs out of fan enthusiasm can become deadly and very violent.

I don’t normally side with the police but by the looks of things at that point they were doing him a favor getting him out of there, I shudder to think what would have happened to him once the Jets did start winning.

Meanwhile I continue to hope and even on occasion pray that one day it will just be the Cheer Leaders and Nachos, Soft Pretzels, Barbeque Sandwiches, Hot Dogs, Hamburgers, and Pizza put on every Sunday without the teams participating! They are all a bunch of bums anyway, I can’t believe he didn’t see that receiver open, and the referee is blind!

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I like the edit
Next time, I'd like to see the WHOLE video and what lead to the police to use some force to arrest.

Also, I'm sure the police saved their a$$es from Chargers fans that day.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
As a JETS fan, i am more angered at this development. WOW, talk about suppression of free speech at a football game.

I guess the police probably thought this guy was attracting trouble with his obnoxious behavior, and removed him for his safety? at least that's the way i would interpret this move.

This is crazy though, its a football game, trash talk is allways going to appear from opposing fans. its not a one team game you know. No, i dont think this guy deserved to be kicked out,, and the guy who defended him got kicked out too? what hell is up with that?

well as a jets fan... ill say this.

J-E-T-S, JETS JETS JETS JETS! WOOT!

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
If cheering is that annoying, what should we do with people that blow airhorns or hold banners, stone them?

I thought cheering was what fans did at football games. If you're looking for class I would suggest going elswhere than a stadium, perhaps a symphony hall.

This sums it up.

I thought I was dreaming from all these people telling me that he should have class at a football game. What the hell? If you go to a stadium, expect to see a lot of drunk dimwits and classless people.

So, I agree, if you want class, go somewhere else. It's a football game, get over yourselves, it will always be entertainment for the classless.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj1975
I am all for cheering on your team, and have been to MANY NFL games where such activities take place, BUT you also have to know that people are there to watch the game, and enjoy themselves...NOT listen to some drunk yahoo scream and chant ALL damn day in your ear. At some point the person who is getting on EVERYONES nerves needs to realize that in a public venue YOUR MOUTH isn't why we pay $50 to $150 bucks to go to these games.

It's called class, and this turd didn't have to much, but what he DID have to much of was alcohol, which as most know, ISN'T handled responsibly by many people.

Bottom line:
Should he be arrested? NO
Should he have been removed? YES or atleast told to cheer/scream when appropriate, not be obnoxious!!!

As for the heavyset cop, do you really get your kicks out of making fun of his weight? I am sure your a lean mean ripped machine, but when will people seriously grow up. Or let me guess, is it just because he is a cop and since you don't like cops it's ok to make fun of him ANYWAY possible!

A voice of reason! Thank you.

There was likely some complaints preceding this video. Use common sense, when in Rome... don't piss off the Romans or at least the other paying customers. This guy must have annoyed even Jets fans trying to pay attention to the game. Are you there to be a spectator or be a spectacle? We can only imagine his war stories at the water cooler...

"You should have seen all those pissed off Charger fans! I was a one-man army, just ask my wife. I brought her with me to be witness to my witlessness and of course bail me out."

[edit on 19-1-2010 by Hemisphere]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Goes to show kiddies, just say no to sports.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Typical police state conduct. Cops swarm in and overpower and haul away a man that had committed NO CRIME whatsoever, and who posed NO IMMANENT threat to anyone. It was illegal, immoral and a facist action by fat bellied, swaggering pigs who do not give a tinkers damn for the law, civil rights or common sense.

Just because a free speech utterance MAY offend someone is NEVER justification for removing that speaker. Unpopular? So what? The ONLY exception to this is if the crowd was so incensed, so maddened, so out of control that they would murder the man if the cops did not remove him for his own safety, and so order could be restored..BUt that was NOT the case here and so the actions of the cops was totally UNjustifiable.

Here in the USA we are being subjected to outrageous conduct by cops because the powers that be, the real rulers of this world, want us cowed, submissive and totally unwilling and unable to stand up for our rights. What good is a Constitution when the cops simply disregard it? The cops in this case no doubt filed phony charges on this man, charges that will be thrown out...but in the meantime he has been manhandled by vicious cops, dragged off to a cage, and subjected to God only knows what indignities such as strip searching and whatever other intrusive assaults the cops may think up in their twisted minds.

ONLY if a fight were to break out or violence was IMMANENT would the cops be allowed by law to arrest and roughly haul away a citizen who had done NOTHING but chant the name of a sports team!! When you see the basic details it is almost laughable that the cops would act so stupidly and illegally. but it is not a joke, not to those ' removed' by the coppers. One guy at the end of the video has to leave the stadium just because the pig he is speaking to does not want the camera recording it and tells the man to ' come outside' to talk. That removal is illegal and outrageous in itself.

Why should WE have to change our location just because some cop doesn't want to be seen and heard? We have an absolute, Constitutional Right to never be moved from our desired location unless there exists probable cause to arrest. Every time you see some cop show that has suspects being hauled in to the station for ' questioning', you are seeing violations of the Constitution. You cannot be legally removed from your location of chopice unless you are under arrest. And you cannot be legally arrested without probable cause.

So, the cops just IGNORE the law and rules and sweep people up and, literally, kidnap them and detain them, like hostages, until they either get the citizen to talk or run into the rare person that clams up and waits fopr a lawyer and demands charges be filed or to be released. The people who sit there are not advised of their rights because they are not' technically' under arrest, according to the cops, of course. If they do not tell you that you are under arrest, then they do NOT have to give you your Miranda rights!!

Since the ' suspect' meaning citizen has not been advised of his rights, he is more likely to make incriminating statements, or be swayed into a false confession by hours after hours of relentless police lies and badgering. It happens all the time, every day. In North Carolina, the SBI,like most ALL police agencies, forbid the taping of ' interrogations' or interviews with citizens. The FBI and all civil rights concerns recommend taping, both video and audio, of ALL interactions between suspects and cops.

But of COURSE the cops do not want accountability, they do not want a jury to hear the lies, the bluffs, the coercions, the intimidation and shouting....they do not want a jury seeing threats and worse, which is common. So, they resist taping. Any police agency, or cop, that does not want video and audio taping of ALL citizen contacts has an evil agenda, and that is proven by their refusal to operate in the light of truth.

Shame on these cops .

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I guess they weren't passing out free donuts at the stadium that day, causing withdrawal symptoms for the fat pigs. Seriously, how can you be a police officer and be that fat? What a disgrace to the rent-a-cop brigade!

Looks like the Police State apologists are out in full force, supporting these scumbug thugs and their dirty work. Congratulations braindead America for being trained and conditioned like an imbecile hamster to bend over as far as possible while being screwed by these pieces of garbage.

If you're going to allow fat pigs with the mentality of a brick wall to walk all over your rights, you deserve everything you have coming. Yeah, just sit there and support them or do nothing while these lowlife dirtbags continue to tighten the noose around your collective necks.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
Did you guys see the big porker of a cop too? Let me guess... no one liked him when he was a kid...

What happened to Fat = Jolly.... so much for that stereo type...

I should go to Crispy Cream Donuts to watch the next Jets game just piss them off...

Hey not all cops eat at Crispy Cream in VA we eat at IHOP and Buffalo Wild Wings...and yes that guy did need to work out I weigh 300lbs but I am 6'6" what is his excuse?

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

How were they doing him a favor when no one seemed to be upset by what he was doing and a few of the fans were even screaming at the cops? Maybe he was being a little annoying, but in no way was he inciting any violence nor did it seem like the SD fans were even all that upset.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
watching stuff like this only makes me angry... so I'm not going to ponder on it for too long.
All I know is that there are way more of us than there are of them, so if you see a cop abusing his privileges (and ive seen it way too often) we CAN do something about it. You just need to break away your tie to our system, don't fear being arrested, fear not making a stand and not being heard.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
welcome to san diego . thats how all those crocked cops are around here ticket you arrest you just to get the cash in fines the police and sheriffs are out of control here

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
ATS members never stop amazing me. For all of you who are on here simply to bash the cops, that is fine, but you do realize how stupid you make yourself look most of the time. Instead of taking a breath and TRULY seeing what is happening, what ISN'T happening, and take ALL things into consideration, you simply spew off and really make no sense.

Key Points for those of you obviously here to bash cops and NOT see the TRUTH in all this:

1. The video WAS edited, so none of us will ever TRULY know what happened, and why the incident ACTUALLY occured. The video, like most is slanted and some of you are simply not smart enough to think..hey, WHAT HAPPENED PRIOR TO ALL THIS, and, WHY DID THEY CUT OUT MOST OF IT...DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. It is easy to see the man is annoying others, AND is intoxicated, which sure isn't the end all, but obviously the officers were asked to come to that section and speak to the man. THAT MEANS..now pay attention...that PEOPLE around this guy complained or this guy WAS doing something to bring attention to himself.

3. I have been a season ticket holder in Philly and now in Atlanta and trust me, cops DO NOT patrol ther stadiums. The stand in the beezways, at the gates, or on the field, WAITING to see or get reports of activity...which again means, they were CALLED/TOLD/ASKED, etc...to come to this section and deal with this guy.

4. Here is the best for last...since the cop haters won't point it out and ask themselves why, I will. How is it you guys think this guy was targeted just for being a JETS fan in a sea of blue, when.......... THERE ARE OTHER JETS FANS IN THE SAME SECTION WEARING JETS STUFF AND NONE OF THEM WERE BOTHERED!!!!!!!!!!! gee...I WONDER WHY!!! Maybe because they cheered for their team like the rest of us and DIDN'T get drunk and become a pain in the @@@!

So ask yourself...do you really know enough to want to bash the cops, or do you just LOVE drawing BS conclusions that fit YOUR agenda, AND not be smart enough to see that you DO NOT have all the facts before doing so....its unreal...THAT is worthing shaking my head over...

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Apparently what had happened (from the guy who took the video), was the Jets fan was just screaming "Jets jet jets!" for 10 or 15 seconds. A lady in a wheelchair called him down, and slapped him. He did nothing, went back up, but someone had reported it to security. When they got there, the lady in the wheelchair pointed at the Jets fan, who was again screaming Jets! and so they hauled him away, even though people were saying he did nothing. Imo, the lady in the wheelchair should have been rolled out instead. You don't slap someone you don't know because they are rooting for the other team.

Bad move by the cops imo, they handled it very poorly. But I'd blame rookie cops, or stupid cops, before I'd say it's some evil wicked plan to overthrow our country. They were just being idiots. Unfortunately all jobs have idiots.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
By the way, the wheelchair thing is not making much sense either. In MOST stadiums, the wheelchair spots are at the top of the steps near the restrooms, food, etc...and this group looked to be down low in their rows...so I am not buyin he was slapped by some woman in a wheelchair, UNLESS he walked his butt all the way up those steps and said something...plus..umm, how do you get slapped by a woman in a wheelchair UNLESS you bend down and allow her to hit you?????

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj1975

If I remember correctly, at Quallcomm the entries are at both the top and the bottom of each deck.

I could be wrong, I have been to so many stadiums.

Yes, anyone not mentioning the obvious edit are deluding themselves.

Go Packers, damn there out, Go Brett, damn he is a Viking, oh well.

I drive the other team's fans nuts.

[edit on 1/19/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
wow thats messed up thats his freedom to cher for his team

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
..Ok, did no one see the cut?

Did we see the ENTIRE video and what lead to force and the arrest? No, I don't like cops but I know damn well enough not to jump to conclusions.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hermitoutofhishole
reply to post by Nola213

wow that is a scary thought . Never really thought of it like that .

As for the tape the guy was being a football fan and was arrested for it . There was way to many people around him saying he did'nt do anything . And the police looked as though they had realized it was a mistake . He will probably get an resisting arrest charge and a record if they prosecute but as far as I am concerned it doesn't look like he should have been arrested in the first place .

As for the people who claim edit!!! I am not with you on this one there are too many people surrounding the guy asking what he did wrong who apparently have no relation to the fan who was arrested .

Also who are the 2 suits in the backround ? feds ? homeland security ? who goes to a sunday game in a suit ?

You know what I was gonna mention the two guys in the suits, they seemed VERY out of place. Perhaps the types who could just have an annoying fan, who did the standard J!-E!-T!-S! JETS , JETS, JETS! chant, 3 -5 times removed with a single phone call. One appeared to be smirking, or is that my imagination.

The guy was 2 rows in front of them, right in thier view, and no, no "normal fan" goes to bleacher seats in the San Deigo Sun with suits on. Nice call. I so was gonna mention those two guys too but it slipped my mind during my rant.

I say rant because, yes alot of people are right, we didnt see the entire evening of events and exactly HOW annoying this drunk Jets fan was, but6 imo...he couldn't have been that annoying or every Charger fan would have applauded the police. Most stood there scared. A few took exception to the police removing an OPPOSING FAN!. Very strange incedent.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join