Our Police State - JETS fan arrested for cheering at the Chargers game.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj1975
You and I both know cheering IS NOT the same as standing there for 2 hours screaming JETS JETS JETS JETS nonstop...people may not like cops, but to say that is NORMAL behavior at ANY sporting event is an outright lie or simply false....

...Again, should he be arrested and charged, NO. Removed or Warned to relax, YES!

I agree --

and as I said in my post, even if he was chanting continually for the home team, he is still disturbing the other fans, and should be told to be quiet threatened with removal (which may or may not have happened in this case).

I've been to sporting events, too, an if there was a guy next to me continually yelling a constant chant, I would hope stadium staff would tell him to quiet down, or I would politely do so myself.

If this guy was doing this chant for an extended period of time, it definitely would NOT be normal fan behavior.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
This is ridiculous....I can't believe people are even arguing about this!!

People, you're at a football game in a stadium of 70,000 some odd football fans who are there to root for their team. You want quiet? Take the $600 you spent on the tickets, go buy yourself a nice LCD tv and watch it in your living room.

I've been to quite a few Eagles games at the Linc and at NO point during the game (with maybe the exception of halftime) does the chanting and cheering stop. What do you people want? Should everyone sit in their seats and golf-clap like this is a polo match?

If you don't want rowdy, obnoxious and drunk fans cheering for their teams the solution is soooooo easy...JUST STAY HOME

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Here's my completely unprofessional breakdown of this video:

Jets fan cheering in a sea of baby blue and gold

Video turned off. Video turned back on.

Jets fan getting pushed down, with, quite frankly, a look of being shocked and scared. Some people in the background are shocked as well.

around 1:35, a voice says: "you are arresting the wrong man!"

He resists, girlfriend/wife looks embarrassed and confused.

At the end, a guy with a yellow vest reading "police" seems to do "the manliest" thing and ask the guy to step outside. Regardless of if he wanted to just talk to him or not, when one guy asks another to step outside, it is only right to assume fisticuffs are soon to follow.

The Deputy Dogs who worked this game acted in an irrational manner.

I have been to hockey games where a grown man for the opposing team was cussing a blue streak with my 6 year old cousin in front of him. My uncle walked up to the security guy and asked him to say something, he was told the officer would, but in the end, as long as he isn't causing harm, it's free speech and we were kind of out of luck.

New York fans can be obnoxious, that's just part of who they are. San Diego needs to learn what football is to fans:screaming your head off to support your team. And hey...he was in the opposition's stadium...he had to make sure Sanchez heard him!

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I agree --

and as I said in my post, even if he was chanting continually for the home team, he is still disturbing the other fans, and should be told to be quiet threatened with removal (which may or may not have happened in this case).

I've been to sporting events, too, an if there was a guy next to me continually yelling a constant chant, I would hope stadium staff would tell him to quiet down, or I would politely do so myself.

If this guy was doing this chant for an extended period of time, it definitely would NOT be normal fan behavior.

You ARE kidding right? Chanting continually is also known as "being a fan", "supporting your team" and "having a good time" among other things.

Disturbing the fans? Oh, I'm sorry, i guess the other 69,999 people there weren't all too distracting with their yelling, cheering and chants. What sporting events have you actually been to where everyone is respectful and polite and understanding of people who are there to enjoy a nice, quiet afternoon? Football? No.

If someone was chanting for an "extended period of time" this isn't normal fan behavior? WHAT?! What do YOU do at games? True fans scream and yell from kickoff to the last second. I IMMEDIATELY question your fanhood...

[edit on 19-1-2010 by Rockstar1102]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockstar1102
...People, you're at a football game in a stadium of 70,000 some odd football fans who are there to root for their team. You want quiet? Take the $600 you spent on the tickets, go buy yourself a nice LCD tv and watch it in your living room.

I've been to quite a few Eagles games at the Linc and at NO point during the game (with maybe the exception of halftime) does the chanting and cheering stop. What do you people want? Should everyone sit in their seats and golf-clap like this is a polo match?...

I disagree --

There may be constant noise during a game, but there is never a constant chant like this.

The video is too short to tell if this guy was doing this chant for an extended period, but if he was, then it is not the normal way fans act at a football game. Yes -- there is constant cheering and noise from the crowd as a whole, but it is not normal for one guy (or a small group of people) to be doing a continuous chant.

Cheering and crowd noise is "background noise" or "white noise" -- you end up not really noticing it. However, if someone was to do a continual and constant chant, then it would be hard for the people in his section to not notice him.

[edit on 1/19/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

If he was chanting BOLTS BOLTS BOLTS would security have been called?

I doubt it.

He was singled out most likely by a Charger fan who went to tell on him because they were a annoyed.

This guy payed cash money to fly from coast to coast to support his team and annoy the crap out of San Diego. What happened to the days of good ol' fashioned ribbing between fans of different teams. That's part of the fun of going to a visitors stadium!

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I understand your point, but I think we need to get realistic here. There is ALWAYS several obnoxious fans at a game cheering, jeering, chanting or what have you. This IS normal behavior for a football game. Just because you don't hear it in YOUR particular section, doesn't mean it's not happening somewhere. If he was cursing and spilling beer and acting ridiculous (which we cannot determine from the video, nor can we determine the length of time he was shouting) then there is a reason to alert stadium authorities and have the spectator removed/warned. However, simply from the video I don't see a reason for him being arrested. In fact, nowhere does it even mention that other fans asked for security to be called and a few of the guys behind him seem to be laughing and shaking their heads in a "one of these guys again..." manner.

What I'm trying to convey is that, yes, this does happen at every game, no, he should NOT have been arrested, MAYBE, he should have been warned to ease up a bit, but even that is a bit harsh. Bottom line is, if you can't deal with / don't want to hear it from opposing fans then you don't need to be at the game.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockstar1102

Yes -- and I agree somewhat

There is nothing wrong with a fan making noise from kickoff until the clock runs out, and there is constant shouting and chanting coming from somewhere in the stadium at any given time, but that's not what I'm talking about here.

Again, the video is too short to tell how long this guy was doing this, but if he was continuing this chant for -- say -- 20 or 30 minutes, then he would be a disturbance.

I have been to a few Steelers games (I think about 6) and many more hockey games, and I have never seen someone continually chant the same words for 30 minutes straight -- that would be tremendously annoying. Even the "Here we Go Steelers. Here we go" chant, which is a staple of Steelers games (at home and on the road) is NEVER chanted continuously.

I agree that this guy perhaps should have only been warned -- and perhaps he was warned, we can't tell

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2

If he was chanting BOLTS BOLTS BOLTS would security have been called?

I doubt it...

Well, I've been to a Steelers games where a guy in our section was annoyingly standing up in a constant "here we go Steelers" chant on about 3 different occasions for 10 minutes straight each time (perhaps he was drunk, but it was hard to tell). The first two time he did it was OK (and even funny), but it got old after the 3rd time -- so some fans around him and stadium security told him to quiet down.

Then again, the section I was sitting in was more of a "family friendly" section where most of the people there wanted to concentrate on the game itself.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Football games are not quiet. Opposing fans are going to cheer for their team, and should be able to do so without getting treated bad. There is no way to tell how long the Jets fan was repeating Jets Jets Jets. I've been to several NFL games, and people screaming, hollering, dancing, celebrating, shouting, and all the like is a given. If people want to change this, they should contact Roger Goodell. There is no way to know if the tape was edited or simply turned on again when the action started. Several people around the action said the goons were wrong, and one even got bullied outside, which was just sickening. Did anyone notice the mans lady friend getting the contact info from a witness who was in position to see the whole thing? Hopefully, we'll know more details in the future, but if he got thrown out of there just for cheering his team on, that's a bunch of foolishness. The guy that was voicing his concern for the victim should not have been taken outside. He was trying to talk to the goon, and even says "I can't talk to you?" with the goon responding "Not like that." Did he cuss him? I didn't hear that. He was standing up for this man who imo was being done wrong, and the goons wanted him out too.

and this is just speculation on my part, but at the very end of the video another Jets fan hollers out J-E-T-S Jets, Jets, Jets, and the goons turn around looking angry like they want to remove him too.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by Gumerk]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
If you wanna hear some scary chanting from fans go to an Old Firm match in Glasgow. This guy was pretty tame.

Heh, look at the size of those police... is that all muscle or have they just come out of the bagel bus.

Maybe their team was losing .. who knows.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
If he did nothing wrong, then why were people clapping when he was taken away? there obviously is something very important that we are not being told.

this is the major problem with video taping stuff like this. unless you can see both the CAUSE and EFFECT, its useless.

the camera man should have gone to the stadium execs three rows back and asked them why he was being arrested, cause those rent a cops dont say anything. also, I was laughing really hard when they were all falling over each other trying to subdue the man, to me that is highly vindictive of the guy knowing his rights were just pissed on.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
As a Dolphan, I have to say he looked like he was guilty of being a jet fan and that warrants arrest and a public beating in my neck of the woods, but then again I pop the tires of all the JETS fans at the Dolphins games so...I guess I'm not any better, I'm I? Think twice before you walk into a rival stadium and start running your mouth for the whole game...You might find yourself arrested or worse followed out of the stadium and beaten severely which happens quite a bit down here.

I'm just sayin'...

Just Joe

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by drsmooth23
If he did nothing wrong, then why were people clapping when he was taken away? there obviously is something very important that we are not being told.

this is the major problem with video taping stuff like this. unless you can see both the CAUSE and EFFECT, its useless.

the camera man should have gone to the stadium execs three rows back and asked them why he was being arrested, cause those rent a cops dont say anything. also, I was laughing really hard when they were all falling over each other trying to subdue the man, to me that is highly vindictive of the guy knowing his rights were just pissed on.

Well, not all fans in the area were clapping when they removed the victim. Some of them were voicing their displeasure. I would imagine some of them were clapping because they didn't appreciate having to listen to the opposing fans celebrating their team getting beat, but that man had just as much right to cheer on his team as the other did.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustJoe
As a Dolphan, I have to say he looked like he was guilty of being a jet fan and that warrants arrest and a public beating in my neck of the woods, but then again I pop the tires of all the JETS fans at the Dolphins games so...I guess I'm not any better, I'm I? Think twice before you walk into a rival stadium and start running your mouth for the whole game...You might find yourself arrested or worse followed out of the stadium and beaten severely which happens quite a bit down here.

I'm just sayin'...

Just Joe

Wow

That way of thinking is very dangerous, and if you come to New Orleans to watch your Dolphins, you would have just as much right to cheer on your team as I. Were still humans you know that right? Are we gonna let blue team red team remove our humanity and respect for each other? See past the team logos, and remember it's just a game. Were all on the Human team you know?

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
These kinds of threads just leave me shaking my head. Whenever some obvious abuse or misuse of power is brought to the fore there are always those who come to the defense of the abusers, no matter how obvious.

There are lots of things to get upset about. Pointing out abuse of power, whether by police or politicians, is not one of them.

The intimidation of the protester eventually asked/told to go outside with the policeman made my blood run cold. These actions demand close scrutiny and investigation; not defense.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
HAHAHAHA some people here are pathetic and really dumb

sorry, but each thread I am more and more amazed

ok

Why nobody in the stadium was cheering when the guy was being arrested ?

Why was a Chargers fan defending the guy ?

Why AGAIN nobody there was happy seeing the guy being arrested? I mean, its pretty obvious that the guy didnt do anything wrong, otherwise, everyone would congratulate the security for taking him off the field ...

reply to post by wayno

I am really lucky I am not a mod in this board, its almost impossible to read all the posts here, look how many people here are paid to defend cops and to not use their brain, I mean, what the heck

for me its pretty obvious that this board is being invaded by some group of people that want to create confusion in some threads ... I just cannot believe some people cant realize some things in certain subjects ...

then we read news about Obama and spys on the internet in communities ...

hey, some one could send me a pm, I wanna get paid to post too plz

[edit on 19-1-2010 by Faiol]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I've seen this several times in Tiger Stadium here in Baton Rouge as well as in the 'Dome in NOLA. If you are a visiting team fan sitting in the home section, and even look like you're thinking about doing ANYTHING that could be construed as inciting a fight, you are removed immediately. Not that I condone this type of thing, but when attending LSU/ Saints games at other venues, I tend to either find a seat with other Who-Dats or Tiger fans or I KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT. This is how it's always been since I started attending games as a kid, as my parents have done when they were in school. I always thought this was a southern thing, but I guess not.

This guy looks like he was having innocent fun, just ignorant of visitor game etiquette in SD. OR the obvious editing makes it look innocent.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Greatest democracy in the world ( yeah , right) = police state.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Originally posted by Rockstar1102
...People, you're at a football game in a stadium of 70,000 some odd football fans who are there to root for their team. You want quiet? Take the $600 you spent on the tickets, go buy yourself a nice LCD tv and watch it in your living room.

I've been to quite a few Eagles games at the Linc and at NO point during the game (with maybe the exception of halftime) does the chanting and cheering stop. What do you people want? Should everyone sit in their seats and golf-clap like this is a polo match?...

I disagree --

There may be constant noise during a game, but there is never a constant chant like this.

The video is too short to tell if this guy was doing this chant for an extended period, but if he was, then it is not the normal way fans act at a football game. Yes -- there is constant cheering and noise from the crowd as a whole, but it is not normal for one guy (or a small group of people) to be doing a continuous chant.

Cheering and crowd noise is "background noise" or "white noise" -- you end up not really noticing it. However, if someone was to do a continual and constant chant, then it would be hard for the people in his section to not notice him.

Here is my problem with the whole incident...

If I'm at a Sporting Event and a fan of the opposite team is being loud and obnoxious, I'm certainly not going to take the time to defend him when he is arrested.

And that's what I see in this video... Charger Fans defending a JETS fan... That's what makes this video crazy.

I'm going to take the word of that guy claiming he didn't do anything because he sounds determined to get this point across to the cops... So in my mind, he probably didn't do anything that bad.

And as you can see the girlfriend is getting contact information from a Chargers fan at the end of the video probably so he can help as a witness if the couple needs him to.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by Doomsday 2029]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
it's not fan A defending fan B..it's humans defending an innocent human.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join