It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Police State - JETS fan arrested for cheering at the Chargers game.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Jets Fans arrested at the Jets vs Chargers game for chanting Jets. Guy gets arrested early in the 3rd Quarter before they even started winning. I was surprised as everyone else in the video that he was taken away. This guy was obnoxious but didn't deserve to be arrested. In fact moments before this this woman in a wheelchair asked him to come down and she slapped him in the face and said shut the F*** up. He did nothing and just walked back to his seat with his wife. This may have premeditated the police to come down in the first place. So i guess insult to injury...slapped in the face and yanked before he saw his team come back and win.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
wow that was screwed up

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
AND they're desperately trying to persuade that 'racists sports' exists in Australia, too

So it's looking very much as if they're using the great common denominator (the Sheepies much-loved sports) to grab attention ... to pitch one side against the other (never fails) .. in order to DIVERT those 'dumb Sheeps' attention from something else .. maybe a few 'something elses'

What could it BE now ?

What could it BEEEEEE ?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
You want to send a message? Stop wasting your dough on stuff like this.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
They should have arrested Norv Turner instead.

In all fairness, the video doesn't show what happened before they started taping.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
They even just threw out a guy for defending him...

The whole South West is bad about expression of any kind San Diego is one of those cities that brings in Hawks to kill other birds because they might poop and make the city dirty.

Did you guys see the big porker of a cop too? Let me guess... no one liked him when he was a kid...

What happened to Fat = Jolly.... so much for that stereo type...

I should go to Crispy Cream Donuts to watch the next Jets game just piss them off...

seriously tho...

This wins the Moron award of the week... guy probably flew all the way there too....

I believe someone was arguing with me in another thread a few moments ago on how this type of minutia Law enforcement DOESN'T affect the economy and society worse than not enforcing moronic laws...

like I said... "come on vacation.... leave on probation"

Welcome to the SW.... enjoy those tourist bucks next years SD!!!! I know i'll be right on going to chargers game next year...

pthhhhhhhhhhhhh

Shamoo ain't worth the price of a ticket either poor thing just wants to be set free...

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
They could charge him with conspiracy to start a riot. I don't think they should have arrested him until something at least broke out like a fight. He's out of his mind for going in their and cheering the other team knowing he is surrounded. Some people take it very seriously.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ViperFoxBat

Chargers fans are pretty rabid lol

But still come on... inciting a riot? Screaming at a football game?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Not sure what to think... I mean there IS an obvious edit there so it is more than possible that he did something wring and it was cut out of the video.... Just because one guy says he did nothing does not mean it is so...

And then he was resisting arrest... Right or wrong, the place to fight is in the court room. If it is a wrongful arrest that would have come out in the court... Hey there is video of it after all...

Now in this edited video it appears he did nothing other than cheer "jets"...

I want to see the full video though before I take sides here... I think it would be wise that we wait to see the full video before ANY of us take sides...

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I am all for cheering on your team, and have been to MANY NFL games where such activities take place, BUT you also have to know that people are there to watch the game, and enjoy themselves...NOT listen to some drunk yahoo scream and chant ALL damn day in your ear. At some point the person who is getting on EVERYONES nerves needs to realize that in a public venue YOUR MOUTH isn't why we pay $50 to $150 bucks to go to these games.

It's called class, and this turd didn't have to much, but what he DID have to much of was alcohol, which as most know, ISN'T handled responsibly by many people.

Bottom line:
Should he be arrested? NO
Should he have been removed? YES or atleast told to cheer/scream when appropriate, not be obnoxious!!!

As for the heavyset cop, do you really get your kicks out of making fun of his weight? I am sure your a lean mean ripped machine, but when will people seriously grow up. Or let me guess, is it just because he is a cop and since you don't like cops it's ok to make fun of him ANYWAY possible!

[edit on 1/18/2010 by rcwj1975]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Too bad they didn't riot and toss the worthless pigs down the stairs, asking the government nicely not to gang rape the constitution isn't working so well.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I'm the kind of guy that likes to tell himself "Yeah, America's not so bad. In fact, it's probably the greatest country on Earth!".

After all, I've got a roof over my head, food on the table, and an internet connection. Sure I work full-time, but in the off-time, I can afford to be a lazy bum. Besides - it's not like they're taking any of our God-given freedoms away...

...Well, maybe I've never believed that last bit.

But c'mon guys, this sort of thing just makes me nauseous. While I do hear what ViperFoxBat is saying below, (Anyone cheering for any other team but the Eagles in Philadelphia is either very naive, or on a suicide mission), there isn't anything inherently wrong with cheering on another team at a ball game.

Originally posted by ViperFoxBat
He's out of his mind for going in their and cheering the other team knowing he is surrounded.

Arrested? Really? I think it's high time the executive branch gets it's head out of it's tuchus.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I did notice the edit too...

kind of suspicious honestly

but the other guy and a few others seemed to be backing him up so I assume he didn't do anything wrong...

As a Nyer who moved to the SW, there is a REAL difference in expression... loudness, emotion not quite looked upon the same way as the EC...

I learned my lesson with a Misdemeanor when in San D 11 years ago (fortunately the only one i ever got and it's sealed) but from my vantage point, it was for nothing.... I kicked a flower pot lol in a argument and they actually charged me...

People from the EC don't realize...

They WILL arrest you for stuff they won't even get out of the car for in Jersey or NY... like J walking... lol

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

He's out of his mind for going in their and cheering the other team knowing he is surrounded.

He should have just handed some KFC out, that would have settled everyone down!

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
He knows he was pissing people off and looking for a response. That's why he was acting the way he was. The police saw it and moved in. I believe they should have waited to see if a fight at least broke out first before arresting anyone. I don't believe he should have gotten arrested for cheering his team. Like I said some people take it very seriously which could lead to a fight. If he had done this at a sports bar where everyone is a chargers fan do you think he would have been allowed to act like that? Either the bar owner would have told him to tone it down or leave because a fight will happen.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Well it did not look to me as if he was in the wrong other than being a bit much. The video was not his and even the Charges Fans were defending him. That one guy behind them was giving his name and number to the guys wife as they hauled him off and several others were shouting that he did nothong wrong so whats the deal? He could have been a little less loud mouth but come on it is a football game. If he was drunk they can charge him with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest so I guess we shall have to wait and see.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

He should have just handed some KFC out, that would have settled everyone down!

Well of course that works every time.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
By the way, I highly doubt he was actually charged. If I had to guess he was handcuffed and removed. Taken to the station/booking area, left there to sober up and released.

The cops in the video obviously just wanted to get his loudmouth annoying behind out of there, but I am still going with NO CHARGES filed. Especially if he WAS from NY and flew out to Cali.

P.S. I won't even bother commenting on the edited youtube videos anymore, except to say, ATS members by now SHOULD have enough smarts to see when and where editing takes place in ALL these video's and be SMART enough to ask themselves, hmmmm..wonder why they aren't showing the FULL TRUE FACT BASED VIDEO IN IT'S ENTIRITY?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
If you ask me... it's just another Nanny State example...

I'm not personally on the quest for Utopia... it seems these days we will go to any length to sterilize things and prevent accident or injury.

Next I expect requiring me to have one of those sticky pads in the shower because I might slip and fall and it's the leading cause of accidental death in the house...

Boys will be Boys...

I miss watching a good soccer riot quite frankly

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I thought that was part of the game.

Every game I go to people get stuck on the other teams side.

That guy was being PART of the game by standing up shouting.

CMON GUYS, I know u KNOW what I mean!

So...they must have ID'd him as a wanted criminal or something. Seriously think about it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join