It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's say Brown wins in the Massachusetts Election

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Is this a victory for the Republicans, is this a vote of no confidence in the Democrats or is this a vote of no confidence in government, in general?

If you know me at all, I am a stalwart believer in the Constitution of old. The only Amendment I do not believe in is the 16th-Income tax and also installing the original 13th to the Constitution.(this does not replace the effective 13th amendment whatukno)
I also believe we are on the threshold of one of two things, tyranny or a step back in time of smaller government.

From these two possible outcomes, tyranny or step back in time, their are many different roads leading from there.

I hope we can take the correct roads in the future. That being said, what are your views on the initially asked question and your hopes of what it may mean to the US in general of your answer.

I hope the endisnotnighe.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
It's clearly a vote against the healthcare bill. That's the big issue. We in Massachusetts have been a guinea pig for public healthcare and forced healthcare. People are sick of it and thats what all of this is about. I don't think many people who are voting for Brown are "thrilled" to do so, being life-long democrats, but they realize that republicans are voting against the bill and democrats for it.

[edit on 18-1-2010 by METACOMET]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I don't think either of the options you suggested can be realized unless obamacare is stopped.Go Brown!Restore balance to the force.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
That would mean Obama accomplished in 1 year what Bush accomplished in seven.
The lesson here would be, avoid any endorcement coming from the President.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

Since you are from Massachusetts, may I ask, do you feel the polls are indicative to the true feel there. Meaning most polls have Brown winning.

For your info, I worked for 1 year in Hyannis MA as an A&P mechanic and all of the people I knew, said they could not understand how Teddy kept winning. I believe they were always voting for John and Robert.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Yes it is a vote against the health care bill, but what people doesn't understand is that it doesn't matter.

They think they are voting against the public option, because in Massachusetts illegals are getting insurance subsidized by the tax payer.

Brown Supported Massachusetts mandatory health care and just because he will oppose "a public option" doesn't mean he will sell his constituents to private mandatory insurance with penalties and fees like Massachusetts is doing at state level.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

I feel even if the health care passes, you will see one helluva problem.

There are several provisions installed in it that are blatantly unconstitutional and will be hit the instant is signed by Obama.

Just two examples-

Not evenly applied across the citizens

The stipulation that it cannot be repealed

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I know, I have been reading up on Brown and I would surely vote against him if there was a better alternative.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

It does go to show you EXACTLY, what the polls on the Obama agenda, have been saying. It also shows us which polls are true and not being manipulated.

It took Bush about 5 years to get to the point that Obama has reached in 1.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

The sad thing is that either candidate will vote for the health care bill anyway, he is selling that he is voting against the "public option" but what he doesn't say is that like the Democrat he will be selling the tax payer to private insurance for slavery.

[edit on 18-1-2010 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Oh yes, people are VERY excited about this race. I think the rest of the country is slowly starting to realize how important this special election really is. I live in a liberal area, even for Massachusetts, and "Marsha" Coakley was the DA in my county. All my neighbors have Scott Brown signs in their yards. When I go to DD to get coffee everyone is talking about Scott Brown. When I drive through the center of town for the last week, all four corners have people holding Scott Brown signs. Its fever pitch for sure. I won't pretend to know if the polls are right or wrong, but they show Brown leading and I think that is correct.

Kennedy always won because
#1 He was a main figure in "camelot, America's political dynasty
#2 He represented the state's Irish Catholic. (Whom I believe to be a majority)
#3 Nobody could bring home the pork like Ted. Many of Massachusetts infrastructure projects were paid for by federal money, not state money.

Not that I liked Ted Kennedy as I practice an entirely different school of thought. But those are the reasons he kept his seat even through such turmoil. Coakley has none of those things going for her.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Bushes joke about a dictator always crosses my mind nowadays.

We almost need that kind of power to rid the corruption in Washington.

I was watching some C Span the other day and one Dem was talking about the lack of controls placed on the lawsuits and such. He just came off as toeing the party line on what they are installing. Half the crowd were just shaking their heads.

Now these were townhalls like on 1/10/10. It is amazing how they can have people right there telling them they do not want this and they just obfuscate.

All of the controls and regulations on most industry, agriculture and services need to be all re-examined. They just want to keep the status quo and keep putting more and more controls in.

Where we need controls there are none. Where we need less controls, they install more. I believe someone needs to give these idiots a slap upside the head.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Sad that trying to shove a very unpopular health care bill that has become nothing but a joke of the intended bill is going to cost Obama a second term, he will be just a one time president that gave great hopes and became a failure.

[edit on 18-1-2010 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

That's what he gets for misrepresenting himself he is a liar and a criminal.IMO
And this is a referendum on him as much as the health care bill.

[edit on 18-1-2010 by genius/idoit]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I would hate to say this, I know how Obama can pull off the PR campaign of the century.

Do you want to hear it? I do not want it to start here and then everybody will blame me for Obama pulling off the tale of the century.

Ahh, somebody must of thought of it, here goes.

He vetoes the bill after they present it. He lays out to the American people on a special televised special exactly what he wants to see in a bill. He gets the Repubs to sign off on it, even helping to put it together.

It will never happen because what is trying to be passed is what they want, more control and no cuts to the mega corps or other special interests.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Hehehehehe

Do you despise Bush as much as you despise Obama?

I know there are things that Obama has done that are even worse than Bush, it is almost like Obama is Bush on steroids.

You cannot like half of what Bush did, can you?

[edit on 1/18/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I was not a fan of bush either.I remember when he was running for his first term and everyone said he was for big oil and he was going to go to war in the mideast and then he got elected and did just that and everyone acted so surprised, it is all BS. I don't believe bush wanted to emasculate the nation the way obama does,and I don't think he hates America/Americans the way obama does.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Fair enough, almost the exact same way I feel.

I have a bad feeling we are being pillaged for the betterment of the rest of the world.

Redistribution of wealth not for the betterment of the wealthy alone, but for the rest of the world also.

They need to bring us down to the level of the rest of the world so to speak.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
After watching the two campaigns of each Candidate, Brown has done a better job of presenting himself to the people. Coakly failed to connect and that will cost her the election. Yes, the healthcare bill and taxes had something to do with it as well.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
Bushes joke about a dictator always crosses my mind nowadays.
We almost need that kind of power to rid the corruption in Washington.

You are either kidding or you're dead tired and out of your mind.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join