It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Blackwater lawsuit signatures sought by Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

US Blackwater lawsuit signatures sought by Iraq

news.bbc.co.uk

Iraq has begun collecting signatures for a class action lawsuit on behalf of people killed or wounded in incidents involving US security firm Blackwater.

It will seek compensation for a number of such cases, the office of Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki said.

Incidents include the 2007 killing of 17 Iraqis in Baghdad's Nisoor Square.

Last month, a US judge dismissed charges against five Blackwater guards over those killings, which Iraqi officials described as "regrettable".
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Will Blackwater be protected by their "friends" in Washington again?

Some of the guards have been charged for this incident in 2008 but have been dismissed due to a "legal error" on the part of the Justice department. Even I know that you can't use compelled evidence in a case under the rule of the 5th amendment and I am Canadian... To say that the lawyers didn't know this beforehand would be ignorant. Lawyers don't just pursue big cases without checking and triple checking their ammo...

Is there some kind of CIA backed conspiracy to protect the group that may or may not have committed this crime? How will this play out in civil court when Blackwater/Xe is sued? Will they find a way to get out of it on another "technicality"?

Peace,

Magnum

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I do not think they will get out of it.

I am sure there is a clause in the contracts that goes something like this-

Any and all cases that make Blackwater liable for any and all possible civil liabilities will be covered by the US government.

Translation-the American taxpayer will pay.

Just like any other civil suit involving a employee of the government, who pays?

You and I.

There should not be any private organization involved in any military operation. That is using mercenaries for a supposed war. It is not war, it is a police action again, when will we learn?

War cannot be declared against individuals, it can only be declared against a country.

new topics

join