It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Military Weapons Inscribed With Secret 'Jesus' Bible Codes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

U.S. Military Weapons Inscribed With Secret 'Jesus' Bible Codes

abcnews.go.com

Coded references to New Testament Bible passages about Jesus Christ are inscribed on high-powered rifle sights provided to the United States military by a Michigan company, an ABC News investigation has found.

The sights are used by U.S. troops in Iraq and Afghanistan and in the training of Iraqi and Afghan soldiers. The maker of the sights, Trijicon, has a $660 million multi-year contract to provide up to 800,000 sights to the Marine Corps, and additional contracts to provide sights to the U.S. Army.

U.S. military rules specifically prohibit the proselytizing of any religion in Iraq o
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
This is facinating. How could it be possible that these inscriptions were not disclosed prior to an investigative report? The notion that soldiers, probably 90% of which are Christian looking down a gun site with religous inscriptions whilst shooting Muslims is a bit troubling, to say the least.

I wonder if these folks sell arms to non Christian nations. I'm guessing they do.

abcnews.go.com

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan

This is facinating. How could it be possible that these inscriptions were not disclosed prior to an investigative report? The notion that soldiers, probably 90% of which are Christian looking down a gun site with religous inscriptions whilst shooting Muslims is a bit troubling, to say the least.

I wonder if these folks sell arms to non Christian nations. I'm guessing they do.

abcnews.go.com

I would say troubling, and odd. If I had one of those sights I wouldn't know it unless you told me. (I saw the pics- basically it references a bible verse like "1COR23" for example). Seems pretty sneaky.

I'm sure they do sell the product to other countries/religions....bet they're going to be aggravated when they read this....

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
...And the terrorists have all sorts of crap written & emblazoned all over their gear as well. At least they don't dip the bullets in pig blood. (or do they?)

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Topic posted 4 hours ago ... [color=gold]Here

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikelee
...And the terrorists have all sorts of crap written & emblazoned all over their gear as well. At least they don't dip the bullets in pig blood. (or do they?)

Star to you Sir!
Others need to get off the backs of our troops.
Their strong Christian belief, Our founding fathers strong Christian belief has kept this country together since it's conception.
Have you ever seen the movie," Saving Private Ryan"?
The American sniper had a biblical quote on his rifle and he prayed to Our Lord Jesus Christ for forgiveness each time he pulled the trigger. This is probably one of the few things that keeps our troops sane in an insane war. Give Them A Break.
America, love it or LEAVE IT!
p.s.
All of our weapons should have pigs blood on it. It stopped the Philippian Muslim revolt and kept peace for over half a century.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by Violater1]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Originally posted by mikelee

Star to you Sir!
Others need to get off the backs of our troops.
Their strong Christian belief, Our founding fathers strong Christian belief has kept this country together since it's conception.
Have you ever seen the movie," Saving Private Ryan"?
The American sniper had a biblical quote on his rifle and he prayed to Our Lord Jesus Christ for forgiveness each time he pulled the trigger. This is probably one of the few things that keeps our troops sane in an insane war. Give Them A Break.
America, love it or LEAVE IT!
p.s.
All of our weapons should have pigs blood on it. It stopped the Philippian Muslim revolt and kept peace for over half a century.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by Violater1]

As a Christian myself, I see this for what it is, and that is an oxymoron to use Christ's name when fighting a war that causes the death of fellow human beings, regardless if they have strayed etc etc. I find it to be in fact a slight mocking gesture toward the most high.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Moonman1111

You don't know what you are talking about. The old testament is filled with the military conquests of G_D and his people.
Try reading your bible and Researching the topic before you make yourself look like the south end of a horse going north

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

These bible passages were made about Jesus. Remember, if someone smites you on the cheek, turn to him the other cheek Jesus? Whoever lives by the sword will die by the sword Jesus? Love your enemies Jesus? Go to the cross and die Jesus, even though he could have called down ten thousand angels to save him Jesus? Why do you feel the need to go back to the Old Testament when the passages on the rifle were about Jesus?

P.S. Were your smiley faces representing sarcasm or mocking? I couldn't tell.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by theyreadmymind]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
That is blasphemy against Jesus Christ.

Jesus is about loving and forgiving - not about wars.

If that is true, Jesus will not forgive that.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Thread already here - www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
reply to post by Moonman1111

You don't know what you are talking about. The old testament is filled with the military conquests of G_D and his people.
Try reading your bible and Researching the topic before you make yourself look like the south end of a horse going north

Who cares what the old testament says, do as what Christ has commanded from his followers. And it's you type of knuckleheads that keep painting Christians as pro war hillbillies. Do us a favor and call yourself agnostic or some # for now on until you wake the # up.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Previously Posted

Original Thread

Closing

Thank you

Semper

new topics

top topics

join