It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rant in Ignorant

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Lately there has been a flow of rather hostile ranting about how Christians are crazy and how the "I"s behind these rants in question are so incredibly sane and are the main drive behind any legal or governmental power and science. The reason you can all sit here and enjoy your computer and have knowledge and controlled awareness about the space-time contiuum you are part of is due to scientists and inventors who have all or most at some time been classified crazy and madhatters, simply because the vast share of the community fears them or doesn't understand squat of what they were and are talking about. The line between genious and insane balance along a very narrow edge indeed, and many of our greatest minds have had mental issues. I should know, for I have my own issues as some of you here may have noticed, but still my IQ, though I won't share the de facto results, constitutes MENSA membership, normally well inside the top two percents needed to pass the official tests, to call oneself a genious, but I'm trying to stay happy with my mad world, and it's something I can't escape. Not that it matters. It would be very narrow minded and straightout crazy to suggest, based on cognitive and else bias, that I am better than anyone else, and the same goes to any confronting part. The fact is that understanding the classical concepts of mystical writings, prophecy and law is quite hard. It's quite easy to jump on a bandwagon, and come with parrot-like copy and paste science without understanding how even basic science works. Mad ideas tend to develop into concensus every now and then, so is our purpose to sanitise our minds , educate the masses, or explain these universes and everything in them? The choice is ours to take.

So to the unmentioned here, what is the main drive behind neglecting weaker people than yourselves, and what can you possibly gain on removing people like myself? The world would become a very hostile place I'll tell you. Hitler tried to eradicate chronic disease, insanity and people of "unsound descent", to what effect? Well, he lost a war and made life hell for quite a vast load of people and for a great many years. Principles such as religious freedom and freedom of speech and expression are fundamental to our free society which has brought about so much great ideas and knowledge. Why would anyone conspire to remove these founding principles of our society?

[edit on 18/1/2010 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I'm not exactly sure of the point of your post.

You open your OP with a rather contrived defense of Christianity and then completely flip subjects to praise scientific inquiry while mentioning mental imbalance in some great scientists.

Are you trying to say that some mentally imbalanced (but great nonetheless) scientists were Christians? I agree with you there, seeing as how being a Christian was a requirement in society up until the 20th century.

As to the rest of your post, congratulations on being in MENSA? I'm not sure it lends credibility to whatever argument you're trying to make when you talk about how incredibly intelligent you are and then compare your detractors to Hitler...

Did I completely misinterpret this???

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
In sharing knowledge, you sometimes hope the quiet ones are "getting it" because the others seem to reinforce that you are throwing pearls to swine. That's what happens when you "go into the streets" to invite.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Um, I'm new here. And, I know I don't really know much... Yet!

But, after taking a look at this thread, I looked around a little. It does seem to be a little bit rough on bible stuff. And bible people.

im christian, but we were brought up not to bother anybody with it, but it seems a little weird to me. if im wrong, im sorry.
just that i have heard of this, but i never really saw it before.

thank you.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parallex
Hey 'Genious'.

I think you should spell it 'Genius', genius!

Bleat goes the llama.

Parallex.

Well, whatever. It works for me. English is not my native tongue. I tend to write many words incorrectly when I write in foreign languages. You understood it ey?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Could you sum up your point or question? I'm having trouble understanding what you want to discuss.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Avenginggecko
I'm not exactly sure of the point of your post.

You open your OP with a rather contrived defense of Christianity and then completely flip subjects to praise scientific inquiry while mentioning mental imbalance in some great scientists.

Are you trying to say that some mentally imbalanced (but great nonetheless) scientists were Christians? I agree with you there, seeing as how being a Christian was a requirement in society up until the 20th century.

As to the rest of your post, congratulations on being in MENSA? I'm not sure it lends credibility to whatever argument you're trying to make when you talk about how incredibly intelligent you are and then compare your detractors to Hitler...

Did I completely misinterpret this???

Well, many of our greatest minds have mentioned religion as either a driving force or an inspirational one for doing their studies and leading them to their conclusions. Darwin and Einstein are two who on several occations said that science without religion is like food without taste so to speek.

As for Hitler, this one was an indirect response to another thread where a member saw insanity and religion as signs that a person was some kind of ignorant by nature. Hitler had many similar nietzschian-social-darwinistic views. Nothing else....

I am not currently a MENSA member, but I have completed MENSA tests with great results on several occations, but since my mental state isn't quite as it should've been, and I feel no real common ground with the typical MENSA member, I have never signed the bills. One day, maybe, but it still haven't crossed my mind. I did it for the hell of it, and it feels great. I don't know why I even mentioned it, since I always hate it when other people use that one as an argument. Like I said, there is nothing with me that makes me either better than anyone else because of anything really. I'm no Ghandi, and certainly no Einstein. That I tend to see logics and systems where other people see only chaos, just makes me rare. And often quite strange....

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by WeShallBeFree

It's an indirect response and kindof a spin-off off the thread called The mental in fundaMENTAList which you should read btw. I figured that instead of ranting away how it seems to break TOU in it's latest edition, and since that'd be unfair to all of us due to the freedom of expression I would die to protect, I thought I'd rather make my own take on the subject of what the author presents....

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

Hmmmmm, would these be the same scientists and free thinkers you used to set fire too? Christianity has nothing to do with science, if it was still up to y'all the world would still be flat and any woman who learnt Mathematics would be burnt at the stake.

Your whole religion is based on other peoples ignorance, even today you all know you cannot be like you used to so you simply constantly change your own religion to better suit the environment. Aliens don't exist (Oh wait maybe the do) Evolution is false(oh wait maybe God allowed evolution) The world is 10,000 years old(oh no, that's not meant to be taken literally) every time something comes along that goes against your religion you change your religion.

Your religion is a non religion, and anti-progress. Man would be colonizing the stars right now if it wasn't for Christianity's views during the dark ages. 600 years without a single bit of progress.

[edit on 18-1-2010 by Occy Anonymous]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Occy Anonymous

I think you should differ between Church and Christianity. When Galileo was called a heretic, you'd risk being burnt on the stake for owning a Bible too. So instead of accusing me of being someone who burns scientists for my own good, remember you are the one flaming here now.... In that respect I naturally agree with you, noone should have monopoly of ideas or knowledge. Remember that what brought about the reformation and eventually the reneisance were societies we here at this site normally condemns. And they were all mostly Christian fundamentaly. Rosicrucians and Freemasons etc.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

The church is Christianity, again your definition of the difference was brought out of necessity because people were waking up to the Tyranny. How can a true Christian as defined by your ruling body truly be a Christian without worship of the Church?

The whole reason for separation of the Church and state was to stop this mortgage you had on the world.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

Because they fall for the classic trap of intolerance via the fact they can't see beyond the illusions they build for the purpose of feeling superior. All whole are not of like mind are pigeon holed as stupid and/or crazy and/or bad to keep their justificational illusions up. Usually by such silliness that the first responder illustrated. Always easier and safer for the ego to ridicule than attempt to understand.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Occy Anonymous

The church is Christianity,

The Church was established several centuries after Jesjuah lived. The very word Kyriakos wasn't in use until around 200 AD. The Church is a political institution which brought about the dark chapter in human history known as the Dark Ages. You don't need to belong to a church to be a Christian. Just like you don't have to adhere to Israel to be a Jew, or the Scientific establishment to be a scientist.

again your definition of the difference was brought out of necessity because people were waking up to the Tyranny. How can a true Christian as defined by your ruling body truly be a Christian without worship of the Church?

Because the church is not Christian in anything but in the claim made by all the old reactionary folks with the funny hats and golden robes. Most of the wealth they once possessed were aquired through fraud and tyranny. Would you say the US Senate IS politics? No, to some, perhaps, but not the whole world (eventhough thy may believe so).

The whole reason for separation of the Church and state was to stop this mortgage you had on the world.

That idea was a Christian idea in the first place. RosiCrusians and Freemasons introduced that idea. Both organisations are still fundamentally Christian. It all started off as secret societies where scientists and craftsmen gathered, typically in the craftsman's lodge....

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Finally some breath of air. In the Dark Ages we had the Church defining what and how to believe. These days the ugly duckling has become a swan, and there you have it. As time goes by one force which was earlier controlled by another force, takes control and becomes even worse than their former oppressor.... The thing is that this is not some Church vs. CERN situation. Anyone sensible knows that one without the other is bogus.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

First things first, the Rosicrucian and Free Masons are secret societies not religious societies, you do not have to be Christian to join... Second these societies are often persecuted by simpletons in your religion. (not the majority, I say again the SIMPLETONS)

Yes your a clever Christian you must be proud. Unfortunately according to your ruling body theres a good chance you'll go to hell for it.

Ok so what are you trying to point out in your thread exactly? You say you are not part of the CHURCH yet that is what most of these peoples insult, why are you offended by it enough to start a defensive thread and then say the exact same thing?

Yes we can both agree the Church is evil (or at the least is corrupted), yet the fact remains that the majority of Christians are pro-church.

But good on ya if you truly don't want the church and Christianity to be connected.

But no CHRISTIANS didn't make great scientific breakthroughs, it was mostly individuals from every belief, very few actually Christian, though not in the sense they had to warp their ideas to fit around a governing Christian body.

EDIT to remove some possibly offensive wording?

[edit on 18-1-2010 by Occy Anonymous]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Occy Anonymous

First things first, the Rosicrucian and Free Masons are secret societies not religious societies, you do not have to be Christian to join... Second these societies are often persecuted by simpletons in your religion.

As you like. But you are dead wrong.

Yes your a clever Christian you must be proud. Unfortunately according to your ruling body theres a good chance you'll go to hell for it.

Whether I go to hell or not, what is that to you? I will end up where my destiny brings me.

Ok so what are you trying to point out in your thread exactly? You say you are not part of the CHURCH yet that is what most of these peoples insult, why are you offended by it enough to start a defensive thread and then say the exact same thing?

I'm not offended by much actually, but I can't stand illogical BS coming from people who should know better. This goes nowhere.... I refer to my previous posts, there are quite many replies, so I don't want to repeat myself, read the post, if you don't understand it, why then do you reply to it?

Yes we can both agree the Church is evil, yet the fact remains that the majority of Christians are pro-church.

The Church isn't eveil, but certain forces within it is. There were plenty of those within the Church who opposed the burning of people for supposed herecy, it basically had to do with who was the pope. Just because George Bush is evil doesn't mean USA is evil.

But good on ya if you truly don't want the church and Christianity to be connected.

But no CHRISTIANS didn't make great scientific breakthroughs, it was mostly individuals from every belief, very few actually Christian, though not in the sense they had to warp their ideas to fit around a governing Christian body.

Read my post again and tell me exactly what you didn't understand, and I'll try to teach you how to read and reason beyond what's what's written. Sorry if that may have felt unfair of me to say, but I feel I have been quite clear here....

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Parallex

Hey Parallex,

There is no grammatical need to put a period at the end of your name when signing off on a missive or note.

You seemed to be concerned with putting someone in their place when you thought that they overstepped their bounds, so I thought that you would appreciate the same courtesy.

Eric (look, no period!)

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

"Christians Beware - of Freemasonry
we think it is diabolically in league with Satan
"Satan's synagogue"

Since Freemasonry has attempted so strenuously to claim that they are just a "good ole boy" fraternity that does good works and has a good time, most people will be shocked to learn the bitter truth behind that facade.

an insidious byproduct is to keep husbands and wives out of churches & away from home"

Many many many many many Christian websites and articles all state the same thing about freemasonry and the secret worship worship of the pagan god allah.

It will not be destiny, there is no hell, at least in the sense you believe.

Yes, you speak of "religious freedom" but you as Christians do not ever follow it, constantly claiming (like every other religion) that everything else is wrong and that they are the stupid ones.

Christians are not evil, CHRISTIANITY is however. I will say more because this is YOUR thread, so have a good one lil Christian soldier.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Occy Anonymous

You should really read Romans chapter two and rethink what you just said. If you judge someone without understanding ogr knowing what it is you are condemning, you end up condemning youself. As far as I know Freemasonry is the truest to the original Christianity you can come over. But the higher you get the harder you fall. What exactly with freemasonry is it you condemn? No arab is admitted into Freemasonry for instance, but you still claim they worship some "pagan" Allah, eventhough Allah is Arabic for Hebrew Eloah. What IS your problem? This thread is about what I asked for in the OP that you must have missed completely, since you have asked me to repeat it twise and still (obviously) haven't even read it? Don't judge what you cdon't understand, for you may then be judged yourself by someone who has no knowledge.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join