It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Important Info on Haiti Relief

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
The images of destruction and despair caused by the Jan. 12 earthquake in Haiti have ignited the spirit of caring on the part of BCBSNE employees. In the last few days, many have asked what we can to do help the people of Haiti.

Here are some ways for you to get involved:

· Text “HAITI” to “90999” and a donation of $10 will be directed automatically to the American Red Cross, charged to your cell phone bill.
If you’d like to donate directly, click here for a list of agencies actively involved in the relief efforts, such as Salvation Army, Doctors Without Borders, Save the Children, UNICEF, and many more.

The FBI urges people who are looking for ways to help with earthquake relief make contributions directly to known organizations, rather than relying on others who claim in e-mails that they will channel the donation to established groups. Be wary of solicitations that could be from scam artists. Click here for more tips from the FBI.

NOTE: I AM NOT SOLICITING OR ASKING FOR DONATIONS, JUST PASSING A MESSAGE FROM THE UNITED STATES ALONG TO ANYONE WHO HASNT YET HEARD IT

[edit on 1/18/2010 by l neXus l]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by l neXus l

Hi there, even though your thoughts are in the right place, Recruiting members is against the terms and conditions.

1e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership at The Above Network, LLC site(s) for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

ii) You will not use the discussion boards, the chat system or the private message system to collect or ask for the personal information (data mining) about forum members, including email addresses and "real life" names, in any manner whatsoever, or for any reason whatsoever.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
i dont think that my post was to recruit anyone or any of the above, things that are not permitted, i merely gave information, that the government and the american red cross have set up if someone wanted to help haiti, i never asked for donations, im not pressing the matter, its just pure information,

but if the mods feel its a violation then they can take it down

hope this clarifys

join