It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immortal Soul

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The Immortal soul is the immaterial Self that is attached to body, the consciousness that is aware of the bodies movement, the "you" behind the mind.

There are two selves, a Higher Self and a lower self, the lower self is your body, and the empirical senses, the higher Self is the divine within you, the true good, the meaning of life, the supreme.

To find the unity between your lower self and the cosmos at large, you must understand that your immaterial Self is your true Self, not your body.

The body dies, your soul does not. The body sees in duality, your soul is a unity (awareness, consciousness, intellect), enlightenment is understanding the unity between your Self and the world. This is enlightenment, nirvana, awakening, divinity.

The Self is the light within your mind, that is beyond the images, words, and thoughts, the self behind the mind. All our life we hold the existence of our self as self-evident, and investigate everything else in the world. But rarely do we study our self, rarer still do we investigate what the ancients have said about self, and even more rarely do we ever try and realize our true self.

Meditate, and realize your true self.

When you realize your true self, you will undergo a change in perspectives, you will see the worth of your own self and the ways in which you have previously degraded yourself and ignored your self. Whenever you view your self as a non-existent entity, you lose touch with your inherent freedom. When you remember your true Self, you realize your immortal center, Samadhi, which is true bliss, true happiness, perfect contentment, peace, the true goal of life. Everyone seeks it, but only the few find it, it is perfect happiness, and it is found by realizing that the happiness is already a part of you.

Only those who desire this happiness will ever receive it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you ever read the Upanishads, you should read them so you can understand the true Self.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
So why is it i could take a chunk out of your brain and remove your pure happiness?

Obviously if i can alter your brain and it alters your conciousness then everything you are is contained within the brain. The soul is a delusion created to comfort the weak..... its used as evidence of a non-existant god.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
So why is it i could take a chunk out of your brain and remove your pure happiness?

Obviously if i can alter your brain and it alters your conciousness then everything you are is contained within the brain. The soul is a delusion created to comfort the weak..... its used as evidence of a non-existant god.

not neccessarily so. it may mean that he/she could no longer communicate to you.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Hi there.

I'd like to share a video about a doctor that has experienced exactly what you discribed to be the immortal soul.

She and her story is also quite fun. So, enjoy !!

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

If I am contained within my brain, how is it that I can input images into my brain from my memory?

If you alter my brain, it would be the same as if you altered my hand or feet, you would alter my body, but not my soul, in the same way you can tell me an idea, but you can not put it into my head or make me think about it, only I can do that. You can suggest ideas to me, but only I can bring them up and recall them with my memory.

I am not contained within my brain, rather, I am what is beyond or behind the mind. I am the will that moves my body. If neurons alone allowed me to move my body, then either I don't exist, and only neurons control me, or I only react to external stimuli, meaning I do not have an individual will, but since I can ignore certain impulses and focus on others, it must mean that I am outside of the brain's impulses. How can I zero in on a particular type of impulse over another if I am simply locked up into my brain? I would be forced to experience whatever the brain was experiencing. Not to mention that the body does things automatically, like the beating of the heart, which is dominant to the brain. I would more likely believe that I am the spirit of my heart than a being trapped inside a brain. Although my brain is the point of my senses, I sense these senses, meaning I am beyond the body's senses.

[edit on 18-1-2010 by ancient_wisdom]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Have and OOBE and your views will change, when you can see without eyes and use a second mind or consciousness outside of your body and brain.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Ahh, but all you would be doing is removing a portion of the neck-top-computer that operates the functions of a body via chemical and electrical impulses. So you are not effecting Consciousness, only the ability of the brain to function properly.

Whatever you do to the body has no effect on the Soul empowering it.

As mentioned, the higher-self is the Driver, the thing that empowers and steers the physical through the neck-top-computer that you would happily damage to prove a point that has nothing at all to do with the Soul.

[edit on 18-1-2010 by Tayesin]

top topics

join