It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Western Civilizations use blood and war to spread their ideas and religion... WHY?!?!?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Deep,

I've gotta say that I don't agree with your views by anymeans -- But I can't help but have complete respect for your views.

I hope someday you can have a new reborn repect and admiration for India

Respect,
Rahul

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
If India's such a peaceful nation...then why do they have nuclear weapons?

There are enough of those in the world to begin with, so tell me why would India need them if it is so peaceful?

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The last time I ventured into that country, I was overwhelmed by its poverty and the ignorance by its children towards the cries of the meek. The powerfull only care for thier own greed and wish to opress those who wish only not to be opressed. I remember a country where women are still treated as objects and regarded as extended arms. A country which only stepped up its anti-prejudice/discrimination due to western influence, fought as one only to rid it of the British plauge, then pommeled into oblivion and isolation there after.

The poverty speaks volumes, more than the pious acts of virtue carried out by all the children of India, may they be, Mulsim, Hindu, Sikh, Buddhist, Jain, etc.

We would rather send a man to the moon than create an efective form of birth-control, we would rather create nuclear weapons and vow to make peace with pakistand, than give up land which means nothing to us...

Deep

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacMerdin
If India's such a peaceful nation...then why do they have nuclear weapons?

There are enough of those in the world to begin with, so tell me why would India need them if it is so peaceful?
:shk:

The problem these days with India is the institutions running it -- They are thoroughly corrupt. The people leading the communist party of India are a bunch of crooks that are acting in their self-interests.

I'm a firm believer that governments in this day and age IN NO WAY represent the countries they rule over. I don't think that is the case with the US; and I certainly don't think that is the case with India

The modern government of India has all of the issues and problems that they inherited from the British. The people's lives of the country are still very much very much shaped by Religion -- whoever religion has NO bearing on the way the government is run.

Remember, governments and politics are basically all corrupt because they are so dependent and based-on money and interest-groups.

Religion is what will save humanity from killing itself from greed and materialism. Religion has always been the cure. Human institutions like like governments might be in power, but they are only temporary.

Just look at all of the greatest civilzations... Greek, Roman, British (Imperial).. All of them grew to greatness and crumbled to dust. Religion however is based on eternal, self-inherent truths that will never be destroyed by time.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Religion is what will save humanity from killing itself from greed and materialism. Religion has always been the cure. Human institutions like like governments might be in power, but they are only temporary.

Just look at all of the greatest civilzations... Greek, Roman, British (Imperial).. All of them grew to greatness and crumbled to dust. Religion however is based on eternal, self-inherent truths that will never be destroyed by time.

Relgion has always been the by-product of humanity's sigh, serving no other purpose but escape from the harsh realities of life. Not cure but a plauge, the fetor of intellectual decay and the in-doctrination of ignorance.

Relgion has never remained as a guide of spirituality, it has always been universal as a traditional crutch of society.

Deep

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
DivineSoma
I am really happy that you are concerned about India. But posting in these forums will do nothing, these brainwashed people will only condemn. Take it easy. you can't change other people....

nathraq
Indians go to work in west becuase people over there are stupid, lazy.....ans they are not intelligent thats y Indians are there......And also during imperialism west raped india...so all the money u people have belong to either asia or africa..no bad in taking it back...coz it belong to us

MAc
India has nukes so they can protect themselves from evils like you...

And
Mr SARDARA

If you keep terrorists is your temple and do not expect goverment to kill those terrorists, then you are really a sikh....terrorist where ever they go should be killed...

[Edited on 29-5-2004 by varon]

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Oh, the poor, generous, loving Hindus.

I guess that the Golden Temple in Amritsar was just a way of showing respect to another religion, huh?
And what about Tamil incursion into Sri Lanka? That's not an attempt to take away land from another soverign nation is it?
And Pakistan? I suppose that country was set up because of the great love that Hindus have for Muslims?

Clueless? I don't think so.

Make all the excuse you want for your religion. I guess you have to. Otherwise it would be recognised as being as much of a fraud as all the others in this world.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Western Civilization in itself, carries the seeds of its own destruction.
Just look at the way we ruthlessly exploit nature and its resources. I mean we basicly build our entire civilization on fossil fuels( I perish to think what will happen one day when there's no more oil left)
We excel in every aspect of civilization and strife to force others to also conform to this trend. Thats why we have such things as global terrorism and strife.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
Oh, the poor, generous, loving Hindus.

I guess that the Golden Temple in Amritsar was just a way of showing respect to another religion, huh?
And what about Tamil incursion into Sri Lanka? That's not an attempt to take away land from another soverign nation is it?
And Pakistan? I suppose that country was set up because of the great love that Hindus have for Muslims?

Clueless? I don't think so.

Fanaticism does not begin with provocation, it is bred in the mind, and the homicidal thrill is its inevitable culmination. What I find remarkable is how the language of the true fanatic so readily employs the charge of provocation in the most unlikely places, constantly seeks out provocation, then claims that it is the foundation of its beliefs that has been subjected to provocation. The fanatic needs to equate itself with the mainstream body of belief of which it is only a limb - and a diseased one at that - in order to gather under its banner all true believers and persuade them that the rest of the world is their enemy. Before inviting you to direct your attention fully inwards and confront this claustrophobic space that we sometimes think constitutes the entire world, try and recall just one more external product of religious zealotry in the last century, well publicized at the time but one that may have slipped from the memory of many. It was not many years ago when some Hindus razed down an ancient mosque, tore it down brick by brick. That incident took place in the Indian state of Utter Pradesh, and took its justification from the claim that this centuries-old mosque had been built on the very spot where Lord Rama, a Hindu deity, first made his appearance on earth. The consequences of that outrage eventually led, you may recall, to violent clashes, numerous deaths, a change of government, and a still palpable climate of hate. Among other commentaries that I made at the time, let me cite some lines from a poem that denounced the sacrilege by those Hindu believers who considered themselves as The Chosen over and above all others. The extract comes from the sequence titled: Twelve Canticles for the Zealot:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A god is nowhere born, yet everywhere

But Rama�s sect rejects that fine distinction -

The designated spot is sanctified, not for piety but

For dissolution of yours from mine, politics of hate

And forced exchange - peace for a moment�s rapture.

They turn a mosque to rubble, stone by stone,

Condemned usurper of Lord Rama�s vanished spot

Of dreamt epiphany. Now a cairn of stones

Usurps a dream of peace - can they dream peace

In iconoclast Utter Pradesh?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, there is no claim in that poem that all Hindus are dangerous zealots or that Hinduism is a violent religion. What was factually indisputable on that spot in Utter Pradesh was a sordid episode of intolerance, albeit one to be absorbed within a larger historical and social context. An outrage had been committed, and that outrage deserved to be addressed in its own right. So, when wave after wave of fundamentalist violence is unleashed on an unsuspecting populace, resulting in the deaths, often in the most gory manner, of hundreds of innocents - men, women, and children � please do not add insult to injury, do not rub pepper in our wounds or abuse our average intelligence by insisting that those who denounce such an outrage are those who hate your religion. To equate the insanity of extremism with the very religion that extremism itself debases is an act of gross intellectual indecency. Extremism, intolerance, bigotry and violence � these are the choices that debase religion and desecrate the memory of the founders of religions, their prophets and avatars. Both from within and from without such assaulted religions, our outraged humanity must speak in unambiguous condemnation of any and all barbarities committed in the name of religion. We are able to do this without damning the religion itself, or belittling its precepts. It would be the cheapest, and the most intolerable form of blackmail to claim that, because the mass-killers of innocents on September 11, 2001 were moslem, any condemnation of that act equates hostility to the religion of islam. The outside world did not succumb to such cheap blackmail, neither should we, in this country, when the very fabric of our society is torn apart by the extreme acts, either of the genuine fanatic, or of fanatical storm troopers in the service of cynical politicians.

This nation is overdue for some blunt truths! Is it really difficult for some who claim the capacity to think, to accept that a huge abyss exists between precept and conduct? Between doctrine and practice? Is this true ignorance, or a cynical ploy to confuse the unwary? Sometime I have to pinch myself awake, just to ensure that I exist in the same environment. Was it not within this same nation that we went to battle on behalf of an unprecedented Moslem-Moslem ticket for the highest office in the land, some of us sticking to that mandate to the bitter end? No, we did not hate Moslems then. Not a squeak was raised to suggest that our sacrifice was tainted, that there was anything impious or perverse in the position we had taken. But when a citizen of this nation, equal before the law, calls upon his followers to murder another citizen in the name of his faith and we call for the laws of this land to take him to task and book him on a charge of incitement to murder, when I declare that it is the height of folly for anyone to make utterances that imply that it takes murder and destruction to earn respect for one�s religion, suddenly we become saturated with hatred for the religion of such indicted individuals. It makes one sad, truly close to despair to encounter such a recourse to the cheap politics of hate. It is a gratuitous imposition, one that is not grounded in the nature of reason but in the nature of the fanatic. It is a ploy to tell this populace, �I claim immunity from both law and public disapprobation because of the inviolate authority of my faith.� In short, I belong in the ranks of The Chosen.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join