It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haiti earthquake: France criticises US 'occupation'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I do apologize but you guys are stuck in a vicious circle, on one hand you are asking your opposition for proof on the other hand you keep saying this is 100% humanitarian aid without proof.

This approach will get nobody nowhere fast.

You may say... Oh America wouldn't do this or that.
I do apologize but America did and America will again, the only question is will it do it to Haiti or not.

Don't forget the IMF and how they control Haiti's economies through loan conditions, and it was Bush who nomiated the President of World Bank.

At the end of the day you are ALL speculating.

btw, remember this. U.S. NEEDS THIS!
U.S. needs to help haiti for political reasons, it has an image to clean up like mr. clean. Because of this it might very well hog all the aid efforts causing nothing but co-ordination issues which is exactly what is happening now.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

Um ya, Dermo, is right..

Wow, talk about getting high powered, I guess he just taught you something..

Geez..

Haiti, will more then likely become privatized not ocupied, so relax, the US military won't be staying there forever.. At least that is my guess, I at least hope so...

[edit on 19-1-2010 by Bicent76]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Let the people of Haiti speak for themselves

Haitians jammed the fence of the palace grounds to gawk and cheer as U.S. troops emerged from six Navy helicopters.

"We are happy that they are coming, because we have so many problems," said Fede Felissaint, a hairdresser.

Given the circumstances, he did not even mind the troops taking up positions at the presidential palace. "If they want, they can stay longer than in 1915," he said, a reference to the start of a 19-year U.S. military presence in Haiti - something U.S. officials have repeatedly insisted they have no intention of repeating.

hosted.ap.org...

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bicent76
so relax, the US military won't be staying their forever.. At least that is my guess, I at least hope so...

They are still in Vietnam, they are in over 130 countries man.
Neither of us can say they will or they won't, but many can say they most likely will.
That doesn't necessarily mean they will, but opposition has way more ammo than you.

my 2 cents

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Let the people of Haiti speak for themselves

I am not saying you are wrong, but you can find articles with Afghans thanking U.S. troops too and also iraqis thanking u.s. troops. You will rarely find the huge number of people against it.

This is not to say that haitians aren't happy that they are there, it's just too early to say.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

My friend, Haiti is no a war zone is a disaster zone, due to an earthquake.

UN has been in Haiti for a whole decade that is considered an Invasion.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Like I said Haiti is not a war zone is a disaster zone, and BTW I was against the two wars from the beginning and have a good record of post to show that here in ATS for years.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

I just said what we were all thinkin

peace
keep laughin its good for the soul.
p.s.
I am not liable for property damged during my posts

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

LOL I see no political gain in Haiti's Annexation to the United States of America, we are there helping, Its no occupation via Military force we are there because we were asked to help.. We were asked to help. Ahem we were asked to help.. Ahem we were asked to help. Oh I am sure we will keep an embassy there in Haiti, with some marines but I don't see m1 abrams, or a serious military force there. Just sounds like the French jealous we are taking the LEAD. As usual..

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Like I said Haiti is not a war zone is a disaster zone

I do understand that, but we both know that U.S. troops stationed in Georgia aren't there because of war but oil pipelines coming from the caspian sea.

They aren't in Vietnam because of war, I have no idea why they are still there.

Fact is they are in over 130 countries around the planet, and last time I check the U.S is not at war with 130 countries, am I correct?

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

And you are right, that is no doubt about it, I am very much aware of how US interest spreads all over the world.

But that is another thread another topic.

But right now is Haiti, their need for help and US doing what they can do because we got the resources to do it.

And that is good thing for now.

I also applaud all countries involved.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Your getting into State department affairs..

Everything will turn out alright, Haiti, will recover and thats that.. Thats what is important, lets not forget this humanitarian aid, we are going to save lives and help Haiti, rebuild, that is what is important here.. We as in the World.. Haiti, needs our help they asked for it and we are helping. All politics asside.. This is what is important.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

reply to post by GovtFlu

Sorry but after living in a colony of the US all my life in the Caribbean I can talk freely, Haiti doesn't have anything US wants actually that is why they have control of PR and Virgin Islands, that is the control US have in case of any problems.

US already have control also with the SOUTHCOMM, it doesn't have the need of a devastated littler poor Island like Haiti.

It doesn't take a genius to separate the sensationalism from facts.

Is a humanitarian effort !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Isn't this hilarious... the US govt was running a DRILL to provide disaster relief to HAITI on Monday.

The earthquake was Tuesday

Are these govt dudes good or what?, they run drills just as a crisis... that should never ever go to waste, strikes.

It wouldn't surprise me if, tomorrow, the govt emblazoned scary booking photos of a few random unshaven "muslim terrorists" (OMFG!!) across every television in the land.. alleging they're al-qaeda skin divers who gnawed away at the haiti fault-line with box cutters... trained personally by chavez.

Followed by news a water-boarded witness has come forward to report saddams WMDs were stolen by chavez who was seen fleeing to iran in a 1989 chevy malibu... and we're all doomed because this new hitler belches out mushroom clouds.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
I do understand that, but we both know that U.S. troops stationed in Georgia

What troops would they be?

They aren't in Vietnam because of war, I have no idea why they are still there.

Care to show us the "US troops in Vietnam"??

Fact is they are in over 130 countries around the planet, and last time I check the U.S is not at war with 130 countries, am I correct?

You must not realise that those 130 countries include countries like New Zealand, with about 5 US troops... you also do not ealise that friendly countries exchange troops all the time, train together... and have been doing it for decades!

here is a Australian pilot "Squadron Leader (O-4) Matthew Harper is an F-22 instructor pilot and the 90th EFS officer in charge of scheduling and training. Sqn Ldr Harper began his three-year assignment in the spring of 2008. "
www.andersen.af.mil...

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Well blooming said there are far too many people on this thread with scant knowledge of the facts. This IS the Shock Doctrine in action. Have any of you really woken up yet? Have you really run a critical eye over the whole corporatist/elites/military industrial complex agenda. This quake is manna from heaven for them and for Obama.

Several posters criticised an earlier post of mine with generalisations. I would be happy to discuss any point I made, but don't accuse me of taking drugs unless you've got the nous to take each point in my statement apart. As far as my poorly educated mind tells me they are all facts.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I think the media have been saying America have been a little too controlling since the whole things started.

Most countries news/media are moaning about it.

Aid is difficult to get in in because the US have taken control of the Airport and the operations on the ground.
And much of the aid is for their (US') own people...

Who knows if the media is correct.

But I've seen the UN and Oxfam moaning about the backlog due to Americans.

Who know though, I'm not on the ground there so i have no idea.

[edit on 19/1/10 by blupblup]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Im contemplating starting a thread to bash the french if it would be allowed this France is quite the antagonist there like the Al Sharpton of the united nations riding the coat tales to dollar signs for political gain they could give a sh t about anyone but themselves.
I know I know there are good french people too (i aint ignant) they need to speak up and drown out there idiot leaders.
Take it deep France

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
I would say that France is just a little 'sensitive' to the word occupation, then add to that the idea that France probably feels that if anyone should 'occupy' Haiti, it should be them... After all, it was theirs once upon a time...

Until I see a reliable source that states that the Haitian Government does not want US assistance, or wants the US to 'go home', this is much ado about nothing... Just France rattling their sabre...

In fact those poor people were yelling, "Take our country over US, we will work for you!" when the news crews were down there.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

I think it simply when you spend so much on military you tend to get itchy to use it.
And its good practise.

And, well we are kinda right here. We could almost send aid with a t-shirt cannon.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
The other thing people are forgetting about too about why it is so hard to get help into Haiti is that the main way into Haiti was through the port, which is in shambles. Not the airport. Boats have to sit out in the water and have small boats truck the supplies in little by little.

wall street journal

I dont' know much about military menuevering. But too bad they can't bring the aircraft carriers to ports, and use them as temporary unloading docks.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by nixie_nox]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join