It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haiti earthquake: France criticises US 'occupation'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
When i've realized that what occurred to Haiti was such a huge tragedy, the only facet of the whole issue that comforted me was the USA's closeness: USA are by far the Country most outfitted in order to face an emergency like that, they are extremely close to Haiti, so who was supposed to take control of the situation? FRANCE? Or the now nonexistent Haiti's government? Is France willing to help or just seeking visibility?
Just wondering, because help is the first thing that is needed, attention seekers are the last one: I thought that everyone was aware that two planes cannot land on the same runway at the same time. There's also to say that (i couldn't find this news in english) the french Ministry of Foreign Affairs seems to have corrected: "The French-American coordination is done in the best manner possible" said the french Ministry of Foreign Affairs' spokesman Bernard Valero, who also strongly denied officially filing a protest.
www.rfi.fr...
internacional.eluniversal.com...
www.romandie.com...

Anyway, i've often criticized USA foreign policy, but this time all i can say is THANKS for what they're doing: there's nothing better thank to see some strong military machine expressing its power in such an helpful and peacific way.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4d9dce06f58b.gif[/atsimg]

That should about cover it...

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by triplescorpio
cheese eatin surrender monkeys.

Great! Now I have to clean the Sprite Zero off my monitor...

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

Because smoking and being rude and arrogant is what they do... It's their 'thing'.... That and being quickly occupied...

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

Originally posted by Dermo
What makes you think that the US has the right to move up to 10,000 combat troops into Haiti without at least some questions being asked by other world powers?

Because they were invited in by the government....

Details, details!!!

Didn't I already mention that this was much ado about nothing??? Guess any opportunity to go 'America Bashing' is hard to turn down, even if it is based on pure, unfiltered Bull Feces!!!

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
You know what. This is a clear case of: Damned if you do. Damned if you dont Either the US does too much or they dont do enough. It does not matter what the US does - there will always be people to complain about it.

Nah.. IMO this is more about the US not having much credibility these days... other nations reps questioning US govt motivations is a good thing. The US elite are proven liars who will use any excuse as a ruse to occupy other nations these days.. liars should be scrutinized.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
As usual everyone wants to be a hero and has rushed over to Haiti with out the equipment and then complaining it hasn't arrived!
It's not rocket science is it? Send the equipment first or at least some of it to be getting on with!
They should be encouraging the Haitians to join the rescuers, eat with them, engage with them as oppossed to kicking them in the head, which i saw on the news last night. Build them up, make them strong and give them the confidence and the skills to carry on.
Come on UN and others sort yourselves out!
You could'nt run a pissup in a brewrey!

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
What do you people think would happen if a US chopper flew into the middle of the city and dropped bags of supplies and then left? Do you think the people of Haiti will form lines, maybe take a ticket and wait for their turn to collect 1 jug of water, 1 pack of corn, rice and medical supplies?

The place is in a state of chaos. People are scared. A military presence is a good idea in this situation.

If a country pledges aid and decides to help your nation and its people (when there is no obligation to do so), you cannot expect to have everything on your own terms.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
So if American troops have to stay there a long time to give aid to the Haitians, will they build a military base there?

If they do what are the chances they will ever leave once Haiti is back on it's feet (whenever that may be).

Because if something like that does happen then i will consider an invasion or at least a very sly way of establishing themselves in the area.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
you start with supply lines, and there it is by sea and 1 airport.

secure them and then get people to open roads.

set up recovery/rescue, shelter, communications,

get rid of the freakin rulers and gangs, add dirt and seeds, give them

gas and oil coz they got no trees left.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
If France wants to help Haiti, maybe they should forgive the debt that they have kept them crushed under for years rather then sending more stuff to them that they can charge them for later.

Is anyone else sick of France's dissenting opinion on everything, or is it just me?

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
The US Military is going to be in Haiti for a very long time.

Screw the French. France had a good opportunity to keep their mouth shut here.

All you freaks ragging about the US Military are mentally deficient. No one on the planet is going to get anything done in this French-inspired wasteland until the Evil, Satanic, Vile, Disgusting, Brutal, Pillaging, Baby-Killing US Military rebuild the roads. Nothing.

If left to the UN and the rest of you losers, Haiti would simply descend further into despair. All of you "socially conscious" pinheads mimic Gallic superiority with aplomb while doing nothing! Nothing!

Every single relief effort is going to grow directly out of the logistics and communications and transportations systems installed and maintained by the US Military.

You people and your infantile understanding of America and the American people are sickening to me.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by mike_trivisonno]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
France wasn't the only country that complained, Brazil did that a few days back.

So it's not about France bitching with the USA, everybody is doing it. Everybody wants to help, not just the USA.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
By the time all of them stop arguing, they could have built another runway by now. Stop moaning and get on with it!
Send the cruise ships packing aswell! Cheeky bastards!

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by tunin
France wasn't the only country that complained, Brazil did that a few days back.

So it's not about France bitching with the USA, everybody is doing it. Everybody wants to help, not just the USA.

Pfft. Token help from two-bit countries. Pests and gnats that annoy the real re-building efforts being done by the US Military.

Most of these losers should just stay home until the US Military gets some work done. Real work. Done by men and women from America.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno

Pfft. Token help from two-bit countries. Pests and gnats that annoy the real re-building efforts being done by the US Military.

Most of these losers should just stay home until the US Military gets some work done. Real work. Done by men and women from America.

You don't even know what you're talking about.
Long before the Earthquake we were there, HELPING them.

en.wikipedia.org...

Since 2004. You know what that means? It means we didn't have to wait major disasters to actually start helping them.

Research before you post something, I'm pretty sure everyone would appreciate it.

EDIT: Text formatting.

[edit on 19/1/2010 by tunin]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I won't bite Mike, not for you or anyone.
I never saw the same response in New Orleans, did you?

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by happinness
I won't bite Mike, not for you or anyone.
I never saw the same response in New Orleans, did you?

I do not understand what you are getting at.

New Orleans survived the hurricane completely unscathed.

However, the levees and water management district were woefully neglected under openly corrupt officials at the city and state levels. Money budgeted by these corrupt (and in my opinion murderous criminals) was not spent to maintain this infrastructure. The state was run by "socially conscious" "civil rights activist" more interested in bling than in humans, more interested in ephemeral feelings than in the lives of those they govern.

Had these killers in office executed their responsibilities as defined by their state's constitution, the levees would not have failed.

And since they did not, the US Military stepped in...once the Governor got off her butt and finally allowed them in. Many non-Americans think the President can simply order the US Military into a State of the Union. He cannot.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno

You don't even know what you're talking about.
Long before the Earthquake we were there, HELPING them.

en.wikipedia.org...

Since 2004. You know what that means? It means we didn't have to wait major disasters to actually start helping them.

Research before you post something, I'm pretty sure everyone would appreciate it.

EDIT: Text formatting.

[edit on 19/1/2010 by tunin]

So, I am to believe you google skills or my own eyes?

The very last thing you should be doing is attempting to somehow defend what the UN and the world community was doing in Haiti. Look what they did! It is a nation destroyed.

Stunned. I a m simply stunned that in the wake of utter human devastation, you hold up the very institutions and people who are responsible for the suffering.

At least now that the Americans are in Haiti, some good will happen. The US Military and good old fashioned American Know How will lift these people up not the UN or any other nation. America.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join