Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

BATF Notice Bans Private Gun Sales In Texas gun show!!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Yes you read it right you cant any longer sail guns privately at guns shows any more. You must register your gun to do so.

This gun show was TAKEN OVER by the B.A.T.F. ILLEGALLY. they have no authority to do this. for those of you who do not know that gun show which this happened to is the LARGEST gun show in all of TX

here is a link to an article which elaborates on this better

I am sorry when i first posted i forgot to put links. SO SORRY!
www.infowars.com...

www.prisonplanet.com...

This man was also on the alex jones show today Monday jan 18th as of right now part 6 of his inter view is not posted on YT as soon as i get the change i will add it
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 18-1-2010 by Vinveezy]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Where is the link?

That said, I thought private gun sales at gun shows were legal... If that is the case I can't see how this meddeling from law enforcement is legal...

But then again, I do not know much about the laws surrounding this particular move by the BATF...

Anybody with a bit more knowledge willing to help me understand better?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Vinveezy

This Is An OBAMANATION!

Let's see if the money that I gave to the NRA will go into play.
Come on NRA, where are our attorneys?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

This Is An OBAMANATION!

Let's see if the money that I gave to the NRA will go into play.
Come on NRA, where are our attorneys?

Good point I wonder how this one slipped under the radar, especially the largest gun show in Texas. There's 4 or 5 senators in Washington state trying to implement a california style ban law.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

OK I'll help OP out with some links. So far AJ and TSRA still investigating...

It has been reported to TSRA that the Austin Police Department in cooperation with at least one agent with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives is apparently trying to limit or eliminate gun shows in Austin.

Texas State Rifle Association Website

Texas Gun Shows Website

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

WAIT!

Do you believe anything anyone puts in front of your face?

There is nothing here but a yellow piece of paper with words.

I can print a countervailing authorization to distribute free ammunition to all purchasers.

Does that make either legitimate?

The "flyer" is nothing more than a statement of opinion. It has no authority.

Where is the underlying law or regulation?

What is wrong with you sheep?

jw

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
You guys will fall for ANYTHING. Can we have any indication at all that this neds to be taken seriously? Does the lack of contact details etc not seem ever-so-slightly suspicious?

Still, I bet it helps boost sales again...

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

HOLD ON HOSS!
How about helping us do some research to see if there's any smoke behind this fire. I just found this, and it looks like it's growing legs..
BTW cool avatar...

See Messin' with Texas

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

WAIT!

Do you believe anything anyone puts in front of your face?

There is nothing here but a yellow piece of paper with words.

I can print a countervailing authorization to distribute free ammunition to all purchasers.

Does that make either legitimate?

The "flyer" is nothing more than a statement of opinion. It has no authority.

Where is the underlying law or regulation?

What is wrong with you sheep?

jw

A half second Google search confirmed this OP!, Mr. Goberment Schill!

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wembley

You guys will fall for ANYTHING. Can we have any indication at all that this neds to be taken seriously? Does the lack of contact details etc not seem ever-so-slightly suspicious?

Still, I bet it helps boost sales again...

You Goberment Schills will do anything to discredit a patriotic thread like this.
Crawl back under your damp rock

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
The gun show promoter is being interviewed on Alex Jones Show right now.

It seems to be a test IMO, arm-twisting to see how people react.

Windows Media Link

Some people don't appear to be reading the thread before reacting to the OP, who for some reason didn't post his links. But credit to him for bringing this out to ATS scrutiny.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I am an avid gun show attendee, I have been saying for a few years that something is going to happen, based on the popularity, and the large # of gun shows that keep getting more and more prominant.

Guns shows not too many years ago were 3-6 months apart, now there is one within 100 miles of me every weekend, admition is usually $5-8 and there is profit being made by the site owners or there would not be so many popping up...everywhere.

And with that many shows, there is going to be the few bad apples that have a stolen, or questionably legal firearm, and just by the #'s alone the odds that this will happen is bad, not just bad but given, that it will and it will hurt us all.

I don't know the solution, but when gun show booth salesmen travel like circus kearney's and have new show every single weekend, it tends to draw the wrong kind of attention IMHO. And I think this is going to be the downfall of the whole thing.

It will be a sad day!!!!!

But IMHO I think the blame comes back at the same people, greed of the venders/promoters!

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

You may have a point however it is also very possible that with more people interested in firearms they are simply upgrading to the ones that suit them best.

Gun ownership takes time to perfect like anything else worthwhile, and a persons personal choice for hunting and home protection changes as well. At one time people would just have a huge stock of different types of guns for different reasons, but now with the rise in the cost of the craft as well as ammo, who knows it may be better to sell trade and buy then have a huge cash.

Anyway I think that we need to remember how Texas was big on the Sovereignty deal a year or so back, perhaps that was a sham to get people to 'think' Texas is a more independent state when in fact, it is the opposite and these kinds of local yokel limitations and new rules are the longer term affects which will challenge our liberties even further if the states are to continue to get monies from the fed gov.

They should have all walked away and not a single sale made once they posted that sign, exchanged phone numbers and went on.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
It's also being discussed at AR-15.com with many people having emailed and received responses from owner of the show. There's posts from people who live in Austin etc, can't get more real than that.

www.ar15.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

hay how about u stop leaving immature comments on my thread? And so you know this is true i updated my thread posting. the man who was putting on the event went on the Alex Jones show for over an hour today. so before u go and start talking # about me and other poster's you should do some research.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

so u know i have updated my thread with links and videos so u know. you seem like u where interested so thought i should tell you

second agree gun shows are EVERY WHERE now and days even here in California the MOAT anti-gun state on earth.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

ya well u should do some research first before u open ur mouth. Google it buddy

i have updated my thread with a lot of links. and yes the BATF fif try to shut them down and said they would shut them down if they didn't hand out that fayer.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vinveezy

WHAT A CROCK!

Why don't you all read this thing carefully, and stop putting sensational headlines on threads that are clearly not true?

Did anyone BAN anything? NO, NO, NO! I thought people on ATS were smarter than what I am seeing here in this thread. It's one thing to believe in conspiracies... it's all together something else to be a delusional conspiracy nutter.

Notice carefully the wording of this paper...

"At the direction of the Austin Police Department and the BATF, anyone selling a firearm at this show location will be ASKED to comply with the following:

1. Any person selling a personal firearm must go through a licensed FFL Dealer in the show to transfer the firearm to the new owner.

2. Selling of firearms in the parking lot will not be permitted.
"

What does that say? That people selling firearms (not buying firearms) are REQUESTED (not ordered) to use a licensed FFL Dealer to register the new owner of the gun.

Gun vendors have had the requirement of licensing for a long time in America. So what's new?

They didn't BAN anything. This thread is "MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING."

They are simply asking that people selling guns do it inside the building and they are politely asking that if you are not a licensed vendor, that you honor the law by having any gun registration transferred by a vendor that has a valid Federal Firearms License, required for firearm vendors.

Sorry people, but requiring registration of vendors in no way violates any constitutional anything, for the Constitution everywhere grants the government the right to REGULATE how public rights and privileges are administered.

[edit on 18-1-2010 by downisreallyup]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join

Help ATS Recover with your Donation.
read more: Help ATS Recover With Your Contribution