It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haitians=Class Acts Compared to Americans

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
DUKE, 2008: Duke fans could barely contain themselves after beating their dreaded rival North Carolina. When they got home, they started burning campus benches and mud wrestling in the middle of the quad. We have a hard time calling a bunch of snot-nosed kids whose parents pay $46,000 a year for college "rioters," they weren't scavenging for food after a great Earthquake.

UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA, 2006: The University of Minnesota won the hockey national championship in ‘06, and their fans proceeded to turn Minneapolis into a replica of Baghdad by looting, burning and mooning innocent motorists. Once again, there's no disputing that hockey fans are the cream of the crop when it comes to sports riots, *snip*

UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND, 2002 : The Maryland Terrapins won the 2002 NCAA basketball championship against Duke and, low and behold, a riot ensued. About 3,000 people marched up Route 1, looting and setting fires along the way.

New York Blackout, 1997 : Resulted in massive rioting and looting throughout the city of New York.

Rodney King riots, 1992 : Widespread looting occurred in Los Angeles, California. Some store owners guarded their stores with personal firearms

Hurricane Katrina, 2005 : There was massive looting by some people desperate for food, with police being accused of joining in in some cases. Many were in search of food and water that were not available to them through any other means, as well as non-essential items

American Civil War, the New York Draft Riots (July 13–17, 1863): It began as protests against President Abraham Lincoln's Enrollment Act of Conscription drafting men to fight in the ongoing war. Considered by some to be the worst civil unrest in American history, the riots included 50,000 participants and lasted several days, claiming hundreds of lives and destroying millions of dollars in property. The violent demonstration could not be contained by the civil police force, and required the intervention of regiments of the New York State Militia, who marched back to New York from the battlefield of Gettysburg, to restore civil order

A FEW NON-HAITIAN NOTABLES BELOW....

Iraq goes buck wild : After the United States occupied Iraq, the absence of Iraqi police and the reluctance of the US to act as a police force enabled looters to raid homes and businesses, especially in Baghdad, most notably the Iraqi National Museum. During the looting, many hospitals were stripped of nearly all supplies. Most notably the Iraqi National Museum was pillaged in which many curators had stored important artifacts in the vaults of Iraq's central bank. Looting also occurred on a grand scale at a number of archaeological sites across Iraq. Sites were allegedly being destroyed and objects removed numbering in the tens or hundreds of thousands.

Following the death of Valentinian III in 455, the Vandals invaded and extensively looted the city of Rome.

During the Asian Financial Crisis in 1997–98, looting occurred in many parts of Indonesia.

After the fall of Constantinople in 1204, the crusaders looted the city and transferred its richness to Italy.
After half a year of besieging the Protestant city during the Thirty Years War, the Roman Catholic troops of Imperial Field Marschal Johann Tserclaes, Count of Tilly committed the Sack of Magdeburg in 1631. Within the two to three days of pillaging, rape, and murder, Magdeburg's civilian population was reduced from 30,000 down to 5,000

During World War II, both Nazi Germany and the Empire of Japan engaged in massive and systematic looting of valuables worth tens of billions of dollars.

[edit on 18-1-2010 by Better Mouse Trap]

Mod Edit: Removed some less than savory wording...

[edit on 1/18/2010 by seagull]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
And this thread means what? To compare all americans to this is a joke. If you wanted to start a star and flag fest you should have posted something really anti american......but, alas, you will get some people on here who agree with you. I guess we should take our classless selves and leave Haiti.....

[edit on 18-1-2010 by adifferentbreed]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
First, it was the government was evil........here's proof threads. Next came, the Us military is evil......here's proof threads. Now it's all of the American people.......what's next, my dog?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Yes, your dog is Beelzebub....

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Better Mouse Trap

ATS Skunk Works Forum, Jan 2010: Better Mouse Trap begins a thread that shows his a$$, as well as his extreme bias towards the u.s...once again proving that anti-american sentiment can't really get you as many stars and flags as you originally wanted.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I guess you missed the machete wielding groups going through the town and killing people for their stuff or the rioting.

People are people and thats probably not a good thing. When it comes to survival you will almost always get this.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
And this thread means what? To compare all americans to this is a joke. If you wanted to start a star and flag fest you should have posted something really anti american......but, alas, you will get some people on here who agree with you. I guess we should take our classless selves and leave Haiti.....

[edit on 18-1-2010 by adifferentbreed]

Why is there such a large percentage of posters who have something against ATS or its community? Of course some people will agree! I, for one, am glad that not everyone feels the same about politics, race, religion e.c.t.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Where is the Haitian time-line of deeds done wrong?

I'm sure there are some over the course of history...

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
class acts alright...

images.4chan.org...

stealing coffins with SOMEONE ALREADY DEAD IN IT!

go spew your hate somewhere else (Snip)

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by asala]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

Well put my sentiments exactly! How many people were killed for their possessions in the college riots mentioned above? Probably none, New Orleans and Haiti on the other hand I could definitely see it happening as well as in any catastrophe as large scale as those. Food, clothing, shelter, survival instincts take over MOST people will do anything to survive.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I actually think this could be an interesting premise and is not necessarily meant to be 'Anti-U.S.' but instead more of a psychological exploration of humanity going mad in the face of chaos.

Since the Haitian earthquake, I've noticed quite a few opinions being expressed that Haitians are a bunch of ignorant 3rd world citizens acting like animals in the face of adversity and disaster. However, even developed nations, including the U.S., have broken out in violent riots in many situations that aren't even limited to life or death scenarios.

So this isn't necessarily a piece of bait but perhaps an interesting look into the darker side of humanity and to show how the behavior of 'Haitians gone wild' is not as isolated as we may think.

[edit on 1/18/2010 by AshleyD]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Here and I thought his name was Bernie. Maybe I need to investigate this further.......Catahoula Leopard Cur is really a demon.........maybe a new thread. Does he have to be Beelzabub, or can he be the anti christ instead?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Regretfully, it is just the true nature of the beast... Remember what happened in the Superdome following Katrina??? Whenever law & order break down, chaos & disorder take over... This type of chaos doesn't happen everywhere because we're civilized, it doesn't happen everywhere because we have law enforcement standing by... Something to think about the next time any of you are hatin' on the cops....

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Right now all I see is the media in the disaster area of Haiti watching the sick, injured, and dying. I am sure if they were to pan out the cameras a lil bit you would see all kind of stuff. Class act is what I would call all the people sending aid to that country. Lack of class would be the people in that country that hoard the resources daily to keep those people down.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I would have to say that the Haitians didn't impress me before the earthquake struck them. Nonexistent government, poor hungry people. Why is it that on the same island, you have the Dominican Republic without all of Haiti's problems? Not cool comparing the US and Haiti the way this thread has, IMO.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Wow the only thing I can say is DENY IGNORANCE! Therefore I deem you unworthy of my attention any further. Your ignorance is despicable! Just as someone else said...GO SPEW YOUR HATE SOMEWHERE ELSE!

Better Mouse Trap...Yeah Right

LifENcircleS

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by mahtoosacks
stealing coffins with SOMEONE ALREADY DEAD IN IT!

why go to all that trouble just to steal an empty coffin?

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
reply to post by Xtrozero

Here and I thought his name was Bernie. Maybe I need to investigate this further.......Catahoula Leopard Cur is really a demon.........maybe a new thread. Does he have to be Beelzabub, or can he be the anti christ instead?

You see Bernie = Beelzebub....Beelzebub = Bernie how can this be anymore clear?

I would post my resources, but the dog could be watching.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Wow...seriously?

The US is, once again, first to step up when a huge disaster strikes another country. Sending in millions of dollars, troops, supplies, etc. and this is what you come up with?

You = complete failure.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I just wanted to say I agree with you, also I wanted to add that although there has been some violence( as to be expected in my opinion) I admire how people in Haiti are reacting to the situation. There actions could be alot worse but it seems to me that alot of Haitians are trying to make the best out of a bad situation. In some areas the people have banned together and from the rubble and debris have made shanty towns and have set up there own little forms of commerce, trading food and clothing. Those shanty towns are more or less peaceful with laughter and singing and the people are working together for the benefit of all. I realize that we as Americans are a little spoiled as a whole compared to other countries, these people in Haiti have been living in poverty and desperation long before this earthquake and I gather they probably have a better out look on life than a lot of people, including myself. It's almost like the rich man who looses his job, runs behind on his mortgage payments and commits suicide or blows away everyone at his old job. Compared to the person who has always been poor and had to struggle but has faith everything always has a way of working it's self out, chalk it up to another hard time and lives to fight another day. Alot of the violence seems to be happening in Port Au prince, the city itself, a lot of people seem to be leaving the city and trying to rebuild. In a situations such as theirs, out of desperation what would the average person do to help themself or someone they love, or just how about someone they don't even know? As I have said, this could be far worse and I admire the way the majority of Haitians are reacting. I'm sorry, I don't honestly believe Americans would be behaving so nicely in the same situation....and I am a American myself, but that's only my opinion and opinions are like aholes, everyone has one.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by freeyourmind1111]

[edit on 19-1-2010 by freeyourmind1111]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join