It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Body With 'Very Long' Fingers Discovered On Plum Island

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

so you claim im on your case and then get on mine you just came into the topic as i was reading everyones posts before posting my own if i decided to post one and your comment made me interested in your view you seemed to know what you were talking about and i wanted to know why you would think that if maybe what you say is true what would make them report the long fingers like it was something to be read into honestly i dont care either way but if it was something say genetically un-ordinary then i'd like to know whats going on but as it is i'm gonna say that until there is a picture or whatever then anything is possible as far as conspiracies go sometimes not everything is as far fetched as people make it sometimes there's truth being stretched but at the sametime not everyhting is true but remember there is always some truth that sparks the fire

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic
reply to post by Aggie Man

so you claim im on your case and then get on mine you just came into the topic as i was reading everyones posts before posting my own if i decided to post one and your comment made me interested in your view you seemed to know what you were talking about and i wanted to know why you would think that if maybe what you say is true what would make them report the long fingers like it was something to be read into honestly i dont care either way but if it was something say genetically un-ordinary then i'd like to know whats going on but as it is i'm gonna say that until there is a picture or whatever then anything is possible as far as conspiracies go sometimes not everything is as far fetched as people make it sometimes there's truth being stretched but at the sametime not everyhting is true but remember there is always some truth that sparks the fire

Sincere apologies to you. I just figured that you, like many others, were on the offensive against me for making a simple opinion that I doubt it's a mutant. I too will reserve final judgment until further information is available. And yes, some truth sparks fire...but in this case I imagine that the person had long fingers...lots of people do.

One of my reasons for doubting the "genetic research" theory is that IF there was such a place, then it would be under the tightest of security. The patients (i.e., experiments) would likely have hospital clothing, not casual street wear. Any random clothing sitting around such a facility would be Dr. scrubs and the like. So, those that believe that theory must think rationally and determine what is the most likely scenario.

You know, the motto of ATS is Deny Ignorance. That is exactly what I try to do. Folks should appreciate skeptics and not attack their character. After all, even skeptics are open minded, it's just that we go through every logical scenario before jumping into the unknown. But it seems that by doing that, it upsets the believers. But I guess they are believers for a reason...and no amount of logic and reason will sway their blind belief.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
It definitly came from Jersey.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I keep seeing this title, and I always crack up. What a silly title! I didn't read all the replies but just wanted to say the title makes me giggle.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
40+ flags, why on earth is this not on the front page
something like this should be available to everyone as soon as they are shown the home page? why is it always political bull# that makes the front page?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by A52FWY
Without the palm flesh, an observer could describe what they saw having long finger bones.

Hand Bones

I feel this is a very valid point. The stories don't give much information on the body condition with the minor details they present but looking at the human skeleton can give a different impression than a fully fleshed one.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Originally posted by Mindsmog

I doubt this is anything mutant in nature.

Really?? how do you know this? is this gospel or just your "Opinion" , maybe you are an expert in the field and thought you would back up your doubt with facts?

No, it was simply my informed opinion. However, I've never met a long fingered "mutant", have you? Why jump on my case? Did I offend you?

Are you so sure that this is a genetic experiment? If so, please indulge me...

until I see pictures, I reserve final judgment...BUT, once I see them, you will get my "expert" opinion.

[edit on 18-1-2010 by Aggie Man]

LOL i can see your obviously very sensitive , so i'll try to talk in a better TONE on the Internetz, there was nothing offensive about my post just a simple question.

Oh and for the record im NOT a "believer" i think this whole thread is horse manure, but what irritates me is skeptics who jump straight in with " nothing to see here folks"

[edit on 20-1-2010 by Mindsmog]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I just really doubt there is anything to this story.

Judging by the clothes he was wearing he was living a normal life somewhere. Being in the water for an extended period of time could have certainly removed skin, giving the appearance of longer than normal fingers especially if the individual had long fingers to begin with.

Nothing sounds unusual so far about this.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
His body could of also swelled up. That also happens when a body is exposed to water for a very long time.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mindsmog
what irritates me is skeptics who jump straight in with " nothing to see here folks"

I'll try not to be "sensitive" and assume that you are not referring to me, as I never said "nothing to see here"...I think that is clear from my OP on page 1.

I doubt this is anything mutant in nature.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
montauk monster BS is for movies.

The picture with the hairless white thing is a hairless sloth.

Ram

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Could it be this thing?

A Dead turtle without it's shield..
had to add that, thats what i think about that video..

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DjSharperimage

It's a dead porpoise. These things wash up all the time over in the cryptozoology forum, pun absolutely intended.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I believe that it could very well be a normal human body.

Underwater, a body is likely (depending on water temperature and other factors) to swell a lot dues to gas building under the skin (this is the reason why most body floats after some time ... even with the mafia's concrete shoes). This is also why after some time the body appear all swollen (?sp). This can also cause the skin to "delaminate" from the muscles and could cause the fingers to appear longer.

I tried to find you a picture of a human body decomposing underwater but I could not find any if somebody has one please sent it to me. But believe me when I say it is not something pretty to see.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Although I would never rule out a simply exaggeration of the body's proportions, or of how decomposition could have affected such, I do know that "Plum Island" involves itself in cloning and the like, and thus nothing is out of the question with this case.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by reticlevision
autopsy was done ,there's a story on it from some boston newspaper, and i think huffington post had a similar story on the 15th.... but...It was found ON Plum Island...... so.. c'mon... if it was "theirs", they'd get some coroner from long island to handle it?

It was the Suffolk County Coroner who handled the autopsy the story may have been in those places but it happened on Plum Island and the body was taken to Hauppauge which is where the coroners office is located = up island from Plum Island - Plum Island is a part of Suffolk County so that is where the body would be taken

Originally posted by Haydn_17[/]
And the article says "Plum Island, which is located about 100 miles northeast of New York City"

I doubt a boat would be able to get him there as the security would of seen it.

So your telling me this guy swam 100 miles and then died when he got there?

How long would it take for a body to float 100 miles and end up there?
Noones been reported missing..

yes Plum Island is about 100 miles from NYC but it is only about 1.5 miles from Orient Point (which is the end of the North Shore of Long Island) the ferry from Long Island to New London, Ct passes closely by it numerous times a day -

You won't see any pictures of this person - why would you want to - have you seen bodies that have been in the water for any amount of time and on the beach for awhile - it isn't pretty between normal decomposition, water damage and animals - they wouldn't publish them - if for no other reason than it would be cruel to the persons family - they gave as much information as they could in the hopes that someone will recognize this person --

Also unfortunately in this time of job loss, economic problems etc - many people are committing suicide - This could be someone who walked on the ferry paid their fee and jumped as it crossed the sound - it has happened before - he also could have been from Ct. not that far away, the north shore of Long Island, or the South Shore of the island too - or even anywhere up along Peconic Bay he could have ended up there by way of tides, ice flow and winds too -

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
did anyone notice that one said "white" male and the others said "black" mail a lil false reporting? i wonder what is really going on down on plum island and why there are very few reports about such a place not many outside this site that know that plum island exsists

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by killer4281
did anyone notice that one said "white" male and the others said "black" mail a lil false reporting? i wonder what is really going on down on plum island and why there are very few reports about such a place not many outside this site that know that plum island exsists

I think it was more a matter of decomposition making it difficult to determine the race of the person initially. And it was corrected as soon as they were sure.

I did a quick search for any updates on the autopsy but didn't see any - which isn't surprising since once things are initially reported they don't seem to be considered as value in the news anymore - and if it was reported it was probably on a back page and pretty small in size.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
ttt - waky waky - this was just the first episode of Jesse's new season of Conspiracy Theory.

There is DEFINITELY something strange going on in this area.
- Only a few miles from Montauk (where other well-suspected secret experiments have occurred)
- It is a fact that bio-weapons as well as other dangerous viruses/pathogens have been studied/created here
- It is a fact that plans for tick-seeding of Lyme disease (to be released as weapon) was a goal at one point
- Whole facility was brought on board by Erik Traub, a Nazi scientist transplanted by Op-Paperclip.

Not even sure YouTube has the Jesse clip, yet.
edit on 10/19/2010 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Breeding genetically enhanced piano players?

Sorry...couldnt help myself.

Would love to see a photo, but I guess all we can do is speculate.

Interesting thread

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join