It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Military Weapons Inscribed With Secret 'Jesus' Bible Codes

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

1) When was the last time a dollar bill pointed at women or children or innocent men and killed them?

2) Is "in god we trust" a biblical verse or just a statement?

The dollar bill has killed more people than all the guns in the world combined…. The gun is a tool and the person pulling the trigger is motivated by something to pull the trigger. That motivation might be anything, but the biggest motivator in the world is the dollar…

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by brainwrek
reply to post by BingeBob

The big deal is that I dont want my tax dollars being used to to pay a company who feels the need to force its founders religious beliefs on the masses.

Forced? If you sneezed and I said god bless you in passing did I just forced my religion on you? Does anyone in this company or military force the people using the scopes to recite the passages, or as I have found, no one even knew what those numbers were about other than a part number, and just because you might be able to relate them to the bible in some way I wouldn't call it a form of forced religion paid by your tax dollars....

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
The Brits are using the "holy gun sights" too:

Ministry of Defence orders 'Bible guns' for soldiers in Afghanistan.
Hundreds of gun sights ordered for British troops in Afghanistan are inscribed with coded biblical references, it has emerged.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

But its not a crusade-honest!

I wonder if the Taliban found or aqquired one of these sights-would they use them?
Or would the bible references put them off?
Could that be part of the thinking behind this?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
double post

[edit on 21/1/2010 by Silcone Synapse]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by cjcord
If a few words written on a piece of equipment that no one even gives fudge about is so horrific and must be stopped at all costs!!!-- then shouldn't the money used to pay anyone in government and military be reprinted with no mention of god on it?

1) When was the last time a dollar bill pointed at women or children or innocent men and killed them?

2) Is "in god we trust" a biblical verse or just a statement?

1. What do you think they pay for those guns with? Candy?

2. Hate to break it to ya, but words in the bible are " just a statement" too. The only people who think there is more to them are the only ones who have an issue with this. If I started a cult of The Hookah Smoking Catepillar and then inscribed weapons with quotes from Alice in Wonderland, it would have the same effect.

They are words. Etchings in metal, they are not a crucifixion or a circumcision. This is a whole big deal over absolutely nothing. Truly. Your energy could be more productive elsewhere.

ETA: My feelings aside, are you actually telling me that if the weapon-maker inscribed "In God We Trust" in these things, you wouldn't have an issue? Or is it just the idea of the Bible that gives you a heart attack?

[edit on 21-1-2010 by cjcord]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Hundreds of thousands of people dying in Haiti. Millions of unemployed in the USA. Millions are hungrey in the world. Death and destruction abounds, and people are worried about some Bible verses stampted on a rifle scope.

Truly, what is wrong with people, that their priorities are so screwed up, that they get upset over something that doesn't hurt them, or cost them money. My government does things with my tax dollars everyday that I despise. I hate what they do. there is nothing in reality that I can do about it. So, I don't worry about it. Get a life, and worry about things you can change.

If you hate God so much, move to an atheist God forsaken country like North Korea, and be happy. They would love to have your God hating butt there. If you hate what the government does bad enough, go stand on a street and protest with a sign or something. While you're there, shove some of the homeless people aside so you have room to walk.

Very soon in our country, we will have a reason to be scared. Our economy is set to implode on itself. When that happens, then, you have something to worry about. Untill then, stop worrying about Bible verses on a rifle scope. By the way, that wasn't a Bible "code" on the scopes. it was simply a reference to Bible verses. It's that simple.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Absolutely fantastic thought you have Silcone Synapse! It could very well be one of the reasons. The idea you brought us makes me wonder if it could be along the lines of conversion as well. Who knows? The word will have an effect there is no doubt.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Muslim anger over military 'Jesus' scopes

WASHINGTON (AFP) - Muslim groups reacted angrily Wednesday after it emerged that the US military in Iraq and Afghanistan were using rifle sights inscribed with coded Biblical references. ADVERTISEMENT The company producing the sights, which are also used to train Afghan and Iraqi soldiers under contracts with the US Army and the Marine Corps, said it has inscribed references to the New Testament on the metal casings for over two decades.

ca.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrpotatohead
If you hate God so much, move to an atheist God forsaken country like North Korea, and be happy. They would love to have your God hating butt there. If you hate what the government does bad enough, go stand on a street and protest with a sign or something. While you're there, shove some of the homeless people aside so you have room to walk.

Not sure if its about "hating God" as you put it-For me its more a reinforcement of my belief that religion is STILL being used by governments as a tool to make people kill one another.
Which sucks,IMO.

Interestingly the Taliban also connect their religion to their weaponry-cries of "allah akbar" when they denonate bombs/fire RPGs etc.

It seems we are forever stuck in a battle to see "whose God is the toughest"...How totally infantile we humans can be.

[edit on 21/1/2010 by Silcone Synapse]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by BazzeMan
This is an outrage!

May I remind these scumbags of this little known but very powerful quote from the bible: "THOU SHALT NOT MURDER!"

This make me sick to my stomach...

SuperSmileyKittie has something to say about this too:
i726.photobucket.com...

[edit on 18-1-2010 by BazzeMan]

There is a difference between murder and war.

Thou shalt not murder (or kill) without cause.

Self defense, war, capital punishment are just cause for killing.

Back on topic . . . who gives a rats ass?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

So, everyone can unknot their panties now. Looks like they are removing the horrible coded messages from the sights.

Like people don't have better things to do.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Are the ACOGS offered without the ridiculous reference to biblical passages? If not, then yes, it is forced.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Awesome news, thanks for posting the link.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I don't understand how people are defending this. It is so obviously wrong on so many levels. Why the hell would a weapon's manufacturer imprint bible verses on weapons? Regardless of whether any good or bad comes from it, whether or not it's inherently harmful. Why the hell would anybody do this to begin with?

What do you mean, "who cares?" I care God dammit. The current wars are already religiously charged enough. We need the Taliban thinking that we're doing our own Jihad like we need a punch in the face.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I understand that the scopes were lighted, and therefore, the reference in the scriptures were about "light"....but could this also have been a disclosure about those involved being of the "Illuminated"?

Here is the scripture they should have used on the scope. Not only does it use the word 'light' but the scripture itself accurately portrays these people.

The murderer rising with the light

killeth the poor and needy,

and in the night is as a thief.

Job 24:14 KJV

[edit on 21-1-2010 by Alethea]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Don't worry folks, they have offered to stop printing the verses on their scopes.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProUSA
www.cnn.com...

Don't worry folks, they have offered to stop printing the verses on their scopes.

"offer" my ass!
Weren't there some major violations involved here? (Not to mention this was blasphemy and morally repulsive.)
The guy is absolutely arrogant, thumbing his nose at everyone and bragging that he has been doing it for 30 years. "What's the big deal?" he says?

Maybe if everyone decided to boycott war he would get the punishment he deserves and be totally out of business.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by Alethea]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by brainwrek
reply to post by Xtrozero

Are the ACOGS offered without the ridiculous reference to biblical passages? If not, then yes, it is forced.

I guess then our money is forced religion too, well at least on the dollar it actually says something religious and is not just a number reference that only a religious person might even noticed, or more importantly, cares about.

Though I don’t see it as forced religion I do see it as poor taste and the wrong thing to do since we are dealing with people who will riot and kill each other because of it.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
Here is the scripture they should have used on the scope. Not only does it use the word 'light' but the scripture itself accurately portrays these people.

The murderer rising with the light

killeth the poor and needy,

and in the night is as a thief.

Job 24:14 KJV

[edit on 21-1-2010 by Alethea]

Actually wouldn't "Kill them all and let god sort them out" work better? Or run with it in latin "Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eiusrun with " so people can research it first and feel like they stumbled on some Illuminati conspiracy.

BTW they are not night scopes so I think you need to redo your religious quote to match. Maybe something like "may thy bullet fly true..." Well at least that is what I would wish for with or without god's help.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea

Maybe if everyone decided to boycott war he would get the punishment he deserves and be totally out of business.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by Alethea]

Wow, "punish him" maybe he should be stoned?

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join