It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

U.S. Military Weapons Inscribed With Secret 'Jesus' Bible Codes

page: 7
15
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by John_Brown

You Christians worship an angry, jealous, contradictory, cruel, impotent, and petty God; in every way a blind idiot. He changes the rules on you, ignores your prayers, gives you nothing but fear as motivation, and you think that this nation is somehow guided by your God, is the very Hand of God, that this is a "Christian" nation, always has been and always will be, but it's OK, because Christians are right, right?



People always seem to think everything is a right or wrong event, and it is hardly ever is. It is only right to the victor...

Your discription above sounds a lot like Islam to me, so maybe neither of us really knows a rat ass about the "other" religion, but then again we do not stone people, or beat people with switches for breaking extreme religious laws...



None of this would matter but for the fact that you Christians are in charge, set course for this nation and make decisions for all of us, decisions guided and framed by your superstitious non-sense. The overwhelming majority of those in charge of this country are Christian. Even those that aren't are still religious. America is largely a country run by superstitious, ignorant believers in a non-corporeal, non-communicative, undetectable, unscientific but supposedly omnipresent, omniscient being that listens, responds, loves, and cares for you (except when you need him most, which is most of the time). Childish. Worthless. Yet the intellectual foundation upon which the "deciders" of our nation make decisions.


Times 10 back to you buddy when you look at the Middle East...lol



You Christians who "tolerate" this Trijicon thing, who call it "no big deal", and gripe about the PC lefty fags making mountains out of mole hills aren't being honest. You think it's more than OK, you think it's the way things should be.


Did you do a poll to find out how many Christians would find this distasteful? I would bet there are many more that do than those who might want just shrug it off. Also when you say “you” are you referring to 1.3 billion Christians?



You are the same ones who say "they attacked us", or "we only protect ourselves" and let this war happen, want this war to happen, want to prove your righteousness to all of us non-believers and say "see, I told you so" and "God had a plan! The Muslims didn't get us!".


Isn't it more about projecting the interest of one's state? Psst, all countries do it too. The difference is we don't use the bible as the moviator for our speical interest as the Middle East does using their own version of the Koran as they see fit to accomplish very personal non-religious agendas.



Our response as a nation has been neither reasonable, sensible, nor proportional because of YOU. We swing blind and yell. We punish, like the god our leaders worship, and await our reward, the favor of Jesus Christ and the Kingdom of Heaven or some other such hooey.


If anything Christianity actually limits what we humans are truly capable of. Looking back through history you can say humans can be downright evil using religion as their guidance, but when we have no religious moral foundation to fall back on during the times we get completely off track the # really hits the fan then. Russia and China are two great examples of this in their conversion to communism and outlawing religion while running nationwide propaganda to eliminate it.



Don't tell me this doesn't matter. It has everything to do with this nation and its calamities. Jesus is just a pimp, an enabler, and you've pimped all us non-believers out to him. You worship and adore this literary character, base your lives on a crap novel, spread your idiocy all over society, shove it in my face, and tell me it's good for me.


I think the only thing that matters is whether the scope is true and the bullet hits the mark as intended. I would bet 99.99% of the soldiers using those scopes had no clue that anything was secretly encrypted on them. They are not reciting the passage as they pull the trigger, nor are they praying to Jesus for their bullet to fly true unlike the Muslim on the other end of the scope…This whole situation is nothing more than a man that did something in poor taste that should never have happen, but hey it’s his company, and the Military is not praising him for it, but forcing him to change it, and so because of this the majority of your post missed the mark badly…maybe if you used one of those scopes next time….



[edit on 19-1-2010 by Xtrozero]




posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
......... # 11 ......................


Thou shalt defend thyself against all who seek your demise





posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
The weapons should just read "G.O.D We Trust" which means Gold, Oil, Drugs.

And the other weapons should say "America Defending Democracy", which is funny because America is a Constitutional Republic.

The dumb masses these days...



posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Pentagon Briefings Carried Bible Verses


In the early days of the Iraq war, daily intelligence briefings from the Pentagon were published with cover sheets that juxtaposed war photos with Bible quotations


There are more articles about stuff like that in past 20 years. But 20 years goes fast and people forget.

I have no personal opinion about this but it's interesting anyway.



posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
So when does all this equipment the military can't use flood the retail market? I could use some new optics at surplus prices. Though knowing the gov I'm sure they paid up 300% of retail so even at used surplus prices it'd still be cheaper to drop $3,000 on a nice Leupold.


 
Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com
 



posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
The religious passages mentioned on the rifle sights

2COR4:6
"For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ."

John 8:12
"Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life."
www.telegraph.co.uk...



posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler
 


Its pointless trying to carry on a dialog with you. You won't answer any questions. You make assertions and then when its pointed out that what you said didn't happen, you won't address it or even admit it. You won't fact check your own assertions. All you do is shout 'ignorance ignorance ignorance' the whole time. All the while refusing to have an open dialog. You keep saying the intentions that others have, and you don't stop telling other people what their intentions are even when they explain to you that their opinions and intentions aren't what you say they are. You speak like a moderate, but belittle others and spin what others say like an extremist. People like you are exactly whats wrong with politics in America right now. You won't answer questions, and all you do is lob insults and accusations. Utterly absurd trying to speak to someone that behaves like you.



posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by johnny2127
 



Text[ex)I find it highly entertaining how so many liberals always talk about how these things give terrorists ammo and motivation to recruit and attack us


Hey John boy...I am a liberal...in the purest sense as well as politically. I support this company's right to place whatever they want on the sights.

I believe the only thing we should be concerned with concerning sights for our rifles should be "DO THEY WORK"...lol

I could give a rats ass if they have Masonic symbols or bible shiat so long as freedom is underscored.



I have found that Thomas Jefferson's writing reflect most of my viewpoints although my viewpoints evolved toward his viewpoints over time as I was once very right wing.



[edit on 19-1-2010 by whiteraven]



posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademiaImagine if it was the opposite where guns used by terroists or insurgents had koran quotes, there would be so much spotlight on that.


Why imagine? It's been clearly said time and time again that the Islamic world is waging a Jihad against the evil west. How many times haven't I heard some Imam somewhere on Arabic TV say exactly that?

Deny ignorance people.



posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper
Why imagine? It's been clearly said time and time again that the Islamic world is waging a Jihad against the evil west. How many times haven't I heard some Imam somewhere on Arabic TV say exactly that?

Deny ignorance people.


exactly, some bizarre reasoning going on in this thread



posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnny2127
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler
 


Its pointless trying to carry on a dialog with you. You won't answer any questions. You make assertions and then when its pointed out that what you said didn't happen, you won't address it or even admit it. You won't fact check your own assertions. All you do is shout 'ignorance ignorance ignorance' the whole time. All the while refusing to have an open dialog. You keep saying the intentions that others have, and you don't stop telling other people what their intentions are even when they explain to you that their opinions and intentions aren't what you say they are. You speak like a moderate, but belittle others and spin what others say like an extremist. People like you are exactly whats wrong with politics in America right now. You won't answer questions, and all you do is lob insults and accusations. Utterly absurd trying to speak to someone that behaves like you.


Outstanding you have finally isolated the things that plague your debates.

When you take a good look in the mirror and understand that you in fact just described yourself you will be half way there toward learning to frame effective debates that lead to substantial dialouge.

The reality is here are the results of the war on terror to date after nearly 10 years of fighting it with failed strategies...

1. A bankrupt treasury 11 Trillion Dollars overdrawn!
(Wow that ought to teach the Terrorists)

2. Far more Islamic Radicals born of indiscriminate poorly thought out violence and strategy aimed at Islamic Attrition instead of Law Enforcement against the actual criminal minded radicals.

3. Some people actually celebrating that more expensive military equipment to further bankrupt our treasury and enrich the Military Industrial Complex has Bible Verses inscribed in them.

4. Thousands of Americans needlessly dead, millions of Afghanis and Iraqis dead and their homes and communities destroyed.

The reality is that the strategy does not work, it actually produces the opposite result and is bankrupting us morally and monetarilly and is designed to promote extremism on all sides, not moderates.

Once again if you want to learn to upgrade the quality of your life you must first learn to upgrade the quality of your questions.

That includes not only learning how to frame questions but intelligent questions that actually address real issues as opposed to just the divide and conquer issues you want to put people into neat little camps you feel they belong in, so you can avoid asking let alone answering the important and hard questions like...

Why is our treasury bankrupt.

Why are there more so called 'terrorists' now than when we started the war on terror.

Why don't the people in Afghanistan or Iraq consider the regimes we installed legitimate

Why are so many of the people in those country's dying when they never attacked us but 17 saudis are alleged too.

How could we win World War II in less than 5 years, but not be able to return security to these countries and prevail in 10?

Those would be some intelligent questions, ones that if you asked them and got honest answers for them would in fact keep you from having to ask redundant questions.

Thanks.



posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper
Why imagine? It's been clearly said time and time again that the Islamic world is waging a Jihad against the evil west. How many times haven't I heard some Imam somewhere on Arabic TV say exactly that?

Deny ignorance people.


Those are idiots Imams, you could also find bush saying it's a holy war and Rumsfeld. All 3 are the same except bush and rumsfeld are more politically correct.

Stop being paranoid



posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by Frontkjemper
Why imagine? It's been clearly said time and time again that the Islamic world is waging a Jihad against the evil west. How many times haven't I heard some Imam somewhere on Arabic TV say exactly that?

Deny ignorance people.


Those are idiots Imams, you could also find bush saying it's a holy war and Rumsfeld. All 3 are the same except bush and rumsfeld are more politically correct.

Stop being paranoid



I think you missed his point? (if I may answer), he was merely pointing out your comment about the furore if this was happening with a muslim "angle", IS actually happening and HAS been reported without MUCH furore



posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Here is a news flash to the "but Bush said it" crowd.

Bush is an idiot. Bush wafs also cottonballed and swaddled and isolated from anyone but a few people who controlled all the information he was getting.

Bush was saying what he was told, and what was made to look true by his handlers.

Bush isn't and never was the leader of the other NATO countries.

No matter how all powerful you all think the President of the USA is, that person still isn't the political leader of the World or even of the West.

Even Bush started to notice that there was a problem, and started trying to claw his way out of the thought bunker he'd been put in.

That your argument that my country is in a "religious" war because some Bush era people said so, is a load of poppycock.



posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons
 


You guys keep hitting yourselves with a baton and then claim i'm the one holding the stick.
If the chief and commander of the united states and his statements mean nothing then the statements said by imams are worth even less.

WAKE UP!



posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Some of you are taking this whole issue a little too personally, I think.

99% of these soldiers with said scopes will probably see the passage on them, think about it for about 3 seconds, and then it will never cross their minds again.



posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
You are ignoring the significant cultural, legal and socio-political differences that make what you are saying absolutely and completely untrue.

You want to treat the entire First World and the white-Western world as if it is singular monolithic culture driven by a singular bunkered in ideology.

Only it isn't. It is not white. It is not monolithic, monocultural, monoreligious.

Your contention is untrue on its face, and all anyone has to do to notice that is - go out and look at the people around you, and the streets you walk on.

There isn't ONE source of information here. There is in most of the Mullahocracies. You can argue here, no harm no foul. You CANNOT on harm of being an apostate argue AT ALL in those cultures.

There is one source of information, and one source of truth, and that is what is good for society. Here, you could be a bum on the street - and you can still read, and you can go to a public library and find out about ANYTHING. They even have internet connections where that homeless crazy guy can access any ideology, any politic concept, any truth or lie that has pretty much ever been concieived of.

Your contention doesn't survive even the barest observation of reality. The minorest challenge involving going outside and looking around makes it crumble.


Originally posted by ModernAcademia
reply to post by Aeons
 


You guys keep hitting yourselves with a baton and then claim i'm the one holding the stick.
If the chief and commander of the united states and his statements mean nothing then the statements said by imams are worth even less.

WAKE UP!


[edit on 2010/1/19 by Aeons]



posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProUSA
Some of you are taking this whole issue a little too personally, I think.

99% of these soldiers with said scopes will probably see the passage on them, think about it for about 3 seconds, and then it will never cross their minds again.


Doesn't matter. Perception matters. It is inappropriate, and it undermines the military mission itself by lending credence to the worst of your enemies.

No matter how much you might not like it - the other side is aware and very good at using social optics. Something like this is like handing them candy.



posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Outstanding you have finally isolated the things that plague your debates.

When you take a good look in the mirror and understand that you in fact just described yourself you will be half way there toward learning to frame effective debates that lead to substantial dialouge.

The reality is here are the results of the war on terror to date after nearly 10 years of fighting it with failed strategies...

1. A bankrupt treasury 11 Trillion Dollars overdrawn!
(Wow that ought to teach the Terrorists)

2. Far more Islamic Radicals born of indiscriminate poorly thought out violence and strategy aimed at Islamic Attrition instead of Law Enforcement against the actual criminal minded radicals.

3. Some people actually celebrating that more expensive military equipment to further bankrupt our treasury and enrich the Military Industrial Complex has Bible Verses inscribed in them.

4. Thousands of Americans needlessly dead, millions of Afghanis and Iraqis dead and their homes and communities destroyed.

The reality is that the strategy does not work, it actually produces the opposite result and is bankrupting us morally and monetarilly and is designed to promote extremism on all sides, not moderates.

Once again if you want to learn to upgrade the quality of your life you must first learn to upgrade the quality of your questions.

That includes not only learning how to frame questions but intelligent questions that actually address real issues as opposed to just the divide and conquer issues you want to put people into neat little camps you feel they belong in, so you can avoid asking let alone answering the important and hard questions like...

Why is our treasury bankrupt.

Why are there more so called 'terrorists' now than when we started the war on terror.

Why don't the people in Afghanistan or Iraq consider the regimes we installed legitimate

Why are so many of the people in those country's dying when they never attacked us but 17 saudis are alleged too.

How could we win World War II in less than 5 years, but not be able to return security to these countries and prevail in 10?

Those would be some intelligent questions, ones that if you asked them and got honest answers for them would in fact keep you from having to ask redundant questions.

Thanks.


I'll address you point by point.

1) It wasn't the wars that bankrupted the US and you and everyone else knows it. The US has been spending too much money for decades, long before the war on terror.

2) The fact that you think this is a law enforcement issue shows both your politics and grasp of the severity of the issue. And again, its not America's fault that other people choose to hate, and choose to strap bombs to themselves and blow up innocent men, women and children ON PURPOSE. Yes the US has killed innocent men, women and children also, although they were not targeting innocents. That is a big difference.

3) I would say it was probably not right of them to put these bible versus on the equipment, but so far I haven't seen much celebrating by anyone. Additionally, these items do not cost more because of the inscriptions.

4) Needlessly dead is far from a conclusion at this point. If democracy flourishes in Iraq (and possibly spreads to other areas), millions of lives will be saved in coming decades, and the quality of life will increase dramatically. If that happens, the sacrifice was honorable. If we pull out too soon and things spiral out of control and end up in the control a tyrannical regime again, then yes the sacrifices were in vain.


You tell me yo upgrade the quality of my questions, but then you still ignore what I pointed out and asked you. You still won't admit that you were wrong and that you never watched an interview in which Bush said that he talked to God and was told to invade Iraq. How do I know? Cause I did research and there is not one snippet of information on any interview like that from having ever happened. Yet you just ignore that an push forward with your ranting. But unlike you, I will actually answer your questions:

Why is our treasury bankrupt.
Because of runaway spending going back roughly 20 years, through both Republican and Democrat administrations. Most of this comes from massive expansion of govt and social entitlements

Why are there more so called 'terrorists' now than when we started the war on terror.
At best this is not a provable statement within this question. Show me some sort of statistics on the numbers of terrorists before 2001 and how many now, and we can discuss.

Why don't the people in Afghanistan or Iraq consider the regimes we installed legitimate
Same statement as the last one. You have to show proof of these statements then we can discuss. I am sure some people in these countries don't consider their govts as legitimate. But then again, some people in US don't consider out govt as legitimate. So please so some sort of study or statistic showing that most people in those countries don't feel their govt is legitimate.

Why are so many of the people in those country's dying when they never attacked us but 17 saudis are alleged too.
Well this question would take a very long response, so I'll give a more brief one. I think Bush decided to enter Iraq originally with the idea of spreading democracy into the middle east, and then it spreading to neighboring countries and not only ending the war on terror, but also fostering peace in the middle east. I think the used the idea of WMD's as a guise for this because within the intelligence communities it was a forgone conclusion that Saddam had WMD's. It turned out that while Saddam was pursuing them, he did not have stock piles of them as thought. The after the initial invasion, the US handled the securing of Iraq exceptionally poorly. It helped embolden baathist loyalists and insurgents. At that point, the US could have either pulled out and allowed an Iraqi civil war to start or, stay and help secure the country. They chose the latter.

How could we win World War II in less than 5 years, but not be able to return security to these countries and prevail in 10?
WWII was being fought for years before the US entered. Additionally, hostilities did not actually cease for decade. The end of the war was in terms of the govts toppling, but hostilities continued for decades. Additionally, in WWII we were fighting countries, while now we are fighting the radical extension of an ideology. Fighting a nation is much more clear cut obviously. I would argue the only way to actually win this war is to get the nations and communities in which these extremists operate, to turn against their extremism and root them out. The moderate Muslims must root our the extremists. So the question then becomes how to help that happen.












[edit on 19-1-2010 by johnny2127]



posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
This is sick. I'm catholic, and I oppose this.

If this founder guy was a "devout Christian" then what was going through his head when he referenced Jesus, an advocate of peace and loving your neighbor as yourself, on tools used to kill people?



new topics

top topics



 
15
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

log in

join