It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starship Warp Speed near Saturn?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

There is none, These Cassini images are not meant to be viewed as a "movie".

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by nophun

NO FUN please...
What you are talking about?
This video is a SEQUENCE of frames/images of the same OBJECT.
Are you trying to....Hijacking?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Wow, and with this thread the forum mentality continues to plummet.

"Starship Warp Speed near Saturn"?!?!? Are you serious, or are you just trying to be funny. Then main problem with this LAUGHABLE subject is the legions of people that see something they don't begin to understand and try to label it according to their "Ufology" religion.

Sure, let's all work backwards here, lets assume this is a science movie and make whatever we don't understand fit that.

I swear, a generation raised in bad schools, crappy families and Hollywood movies have sealed the casket on this dying subject.

ATS is the largest forum out there that deals with this stuff, we need to hold ourselves to a much higher standard.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Dude if you really think that that is not a satellite of Saturn, even after reading my post there is no changing your mind

Just ignore my posts
I will keep posting the truth backed with facts and science for other ATS members who really want to learn/know.

You completely ignored my post explaining what you are seeing in the images.

Simple explanation of these images.

Images N00055539 to N00055561 were taken as a sort time lapse.
Image N00055562 was the last image took using a longer expose time (up to 20 minutes.)
Image N00055563 shows they changed targets after images N00055562.

What I assume you explanation is ....
N00055539 to N00055562 real time video of a space ship hitting warp speed.
N00055563 ... Wait .. you completely ignored the fact the image COMPLETELY changes right after N00055562.

Crap dude .. I gave you a easy to believe explanation that it 100% logical .. and you attack me about hijacking a tread ... please.

[edit on 18-1-2010 by nophun]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by nophun

Welcome to Imagir's world my friend.

You've been added to his/her/it's ever growing list of agents whose only mission is to hijack and mislead his/her/it's threads.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
It looks more like moons and pieces of rock to me. Also to get the effect of "warp" if you can call it that, you can have an exposure last longer and get the streak effect yourself if you try.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Hmmm... A Skeptical Censor... that "pontific" above all and always in the same way... interesting.

And however: But who you are?
The ATS Mayor, the Sheriff, The Bar tender that wants to get drunk all the customers, the pianist that sounds the usual boring song or the dancer that sings and dances on the tables in order to distract the customers?

Stay on topic and explain why you are SKEPTIC!

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Well this thread is one of two things..

1. A honest question/concern Imagir has about somethin he/she does not understand and I answered it logically.

2. Complete garbage that does no good in a community seeking the truth about many things. (example: Sorcha Faal)

Here is a grand idea, if you have "theories" that can be logically explained with 10 minutes of research and you want to keep on believing in them .. Might be best to keep them to yourself.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

Imagir please explain to me why you do not believe my logical explanation.

You are quick to say others are hijacking your thread or going off topic, yet you are completely ignoring my explanation.

Why post if you are only looking for simpletons to agree with your outlandish claims.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
i see nothing strange in the video or pictures. however, what the heck is Iperspace? is that supposed to say hyperspace? and isn't hyperspace seperate from normal dimensional space, making it impossible to see anything in hyperspace? making the claim that this object is going into hyperspace travel even though we're not entirely sure at all that hyperspace even exists is pretty outlandish OP.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
not a whole lot sure about the first video BUT

what about that last one with what looks like a disk? that looked very interesting....

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Jazz87

You mean this one ?

Prometheus and Pandora shepherd moons of the F ring of Saturn.

Original Image from NASA :
photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...
BIG IMAGE - 30.25 megabytes

Edit Some info:
Original article : ciclops.org...
Shepherd satellite: een.wikipedia.org...
Pandora : en.wikipedia.org...
Prometheus: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
It really doesn't help when the threads title is "Starship Warp Speed near Saturn?". It's going to attract the wrong kind of responses from people and give the ones who feel superior to others a reason to act egotistical and arrogant in your thread. It plays out like this on a daily basis on this message board.

Approaching the subject from a different angle would probably make people a little more inclined to pondering these images as showing something other than what appear to be image artifacts. I wouldn't have used any of those video's or text as a backdrop to your questions and inquiry, but rather created my own set of logical questions and theories. Try and approach subjects like these with more of a "realistic" point of view without the "fantasy", I think you'll get better results and less arrogance.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
It looks to me like the camera is taking like 1 day long or extended periods of time exposures on those pictures. That is what causes the streaks of light in so many of the images I think. Long exposures = smaller light sources picked up etc, which may be needed to pick up the moons etc.

Now, what would cause the moon to go bright and then streak off? Because the moon would be orbiting in a circle, there will be a point where the object will be moving towards/away from the camera, and in this angle the light will collect into a brighter picture. As the moon carries away on it's orbit, it will start to make a more left/right and will thus streak once again like the other videos we see.

This is a simple experiment anyone can do right now at their desk. Take a pen or any object on your desk. Hold it in front of you, and move it around in a circle like an orbit. Do it somewhat slowly and take notice how the object will somewhat "stop" while it is on the left and right sides and in motion mostly towards/away from you rather than left/right.

I'm not an expert, I'm not saying that is for sure what is going on in the video. But, when I thought about what could naturally cause such a picture this is what came to mind. A natural optical illusion of sorts.

The part about the gravity waves on the rings. That's from the moons and extremely cool in itself. I think I could probably stare at videos of that for hours.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
huuhuhhhhhhhhh.......

If you want to be some type of "image detective" then you need to know how images are created and how certain effects and artifacts are created/ generated and what those effects and artifacts look like.

Otherwise you look completely ignorant/ crazy/ lacking in discernment. Especially when people explain the image effect or artifact and you laugh/ ignore them/ call them a disinfo agent etc.

And I don't know if you actually looked at whatever this video is but the two stars that are used to "prove" that the "super hypserspace warpdrive alien spaceship" is moving independently of our probe are moving right along with the "super hypserspace warpdrive alien spaceship"

And when the spaceship goes engages warp speed? That is called overexposure. That is the same thing that made all those Norway spiral pictures look so cool.

And for the second video

than is moving to elevated speed and in erratic way, (intelligent movement)

How is an ellipse intelligent and erratic movement?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Jocko Flocko

I will assume I am one you feel that posted "egotistical and arrogant" reply.
Giving a answer a poster does not want to hear does not make me egotistical or arrogant.

If you deny facts and the obvious just because you want to believe makes you a fool.

I took this post as a legitimate question/concern, and I gave a realistic explanation , nothing arrogant about that.

I could have just came out and completely derailed the thread by calling everyone stupid and show they are known satellites of Saturn, but I took the time to explain why you are seeing "a ship at warp speed".

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
How come in the Bablefish Translations that were posted, the posters left out the part in the film that clearly says "Mr. Sulu of Star Trek"?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

During a warp jump, a ship is encased in a hollow event horizon with egosphere within. IE, an inverted black hole. As the craft flies through the cosmos, pretty much anything in front of it will begin to collect in the event horizon area in front of its vector. It's like a comet flying through the atmosphere. It collects the earth's air in front and friction from this and the item creates heat and it burns up on reentry. Likewise,a craft in warp will collect the particles in front of it. I'm not sure if it could take a chunk off a planet due to its sheer speed, but it would probably take a bit with it. Remember, at warp speed, you're in a bubble of space time being warped around you, so you really are a lot skinnier than you appear to the outside relativity. None the less, the crap around you collects.

After some time in warp, all this matter has assumed your vector. So when you drop out, you're going to have a very large amount of mass collected on your "window shield". of course, in warp you weren't actually traveling, space was. So when you do finally stop, you won't have and Gs on you, but the matter in front of you, at such speeds, becomes energy in the form of light. E = mc^2. You can guess how bright your exit point would get.

So it's plausible to be a space ship.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/50b6500b08f1.jpg[/atsimg]

Really ..

bigger

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
This is one of the most depressing threads I have ever seen on this site.

The thread title, ergo the entire premise of the thread, is entirely laughable.
In logical circles, this would fall to the wayside as a poster begging the question of his preconcieved notions.

Not even approachable, as it leaves no room for interjection. Instead, the OP accuses others of wrongdoing if they simply call his premise out on logic.

Get better, OP.

You are doing a disservice to all truth-seekers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join