It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most important question I can ask.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
The most important question you can ask is "Who am I" Once you've answered that everything becomes very clear. That is, you will know the purpose of life, you will know where you have come from, where you are going and what you need to do in life to get there.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
You took a question,twisted and turned it into two more questions.Then those two caused you to create more unanswered questions.One old saying was "I think therefor I am".You are because you say you are.Consiously or subconciously we exsist because WE say We do.We make mountains out of molehills because we are taught to!Our society measures and grades us on our ability to remember what were told instead of how well we think for ourselves.Make it simple.God is a misprint.Good is God and evil Is the Devil.Simple.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mike_A
reply to post by Doc Velocity

I see what you’re saying but I still disagree because you’re equating a property of a part with the whole; the Universe can no more be described as conscious because we are than I can be described as transparent because the lens in my eye is. Although we are part of the Universe we are still distinct from the whole, including in the processes that produce consciousness (as far as we can know).

I am disagreeing with you when you say “The entire Universe is conscious” which it isn’t or at least can’t be construed to be through the logic inferences you set out.

That the Universe is capable of producing consciousness and discreet parts of the Universe are conscious are both clearly evidenced statements but to say that the entire Universe is conscious is not.

reply to post by bsbray11

So what is consciousness in your opinion? If it’s not self awareness, thoughts or any other mental process then what is it and how does that fit with any scientific or common use definition of consciousness?

I don’t get what you are saying, a rock doesn’t have any of the properties that we normally associate with consciousness but nevertheless it’s still conscious?

reply to post by saabacura

If you can determine that a desk must have an intelligent creator because of its complexity why doesn’t that creator, itself, require a creator? If it doesn’t then complexity must be possible without intelligent guidance which negates the original assertion; if it does then you start an infinite loop of creators which equally invalidates the starting point.

You know what... you just may be right about that
you caught me

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Non the less.... A creator is required to create the creator... The endless loop that you may think, must end one way or the other.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
So you need proof.

Do you have any proof that you love someone? Mom and Dad? Anyone? Or do you just feel it? Do you have any proof that they love you?
Think about the reason you can feel these things. I feel the answer is
not just in your heart, but that it is your heart. There are things you can feel, that you have no proof of, right?

Non the less.... A creator is required to create the creator... The endless loop that you may think, must end one way or the other.

Noooooooooooo not this redundant line of crap again. Where did it's Daddy come from Daddy? If he is a spiritual being, how much do you know about the spirit world?

[edit on 29-8-2010 by randyvs]

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join