It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Settlers are Taking Over East Jerusalem to Spark More Conflict

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
DISCLAIMER : For those who want to call me an Anti-Semite or use the "we are victims because of what happened 65+ years ago" need not reply as we already know your rhetoric. I am not Anti-Semitic because I denounce corruption and unfairness on the part of Israel; I am simply displaying the truth for all to see.

I came across this article on the BBC news site this morning and found it interesting to say the least.
Staking claim underneath east Jerusalem

In this article, Jane Corbin speaks about how Israel is slowly taking over East Jerusalem by evicting Palestinians and destroying their homes to make room for Jewish settlers. She also talks about how they come in the middle of the night to evict the persons without warning.

She learns that it is nearly impossible, due to the corruption of the government, for Palestinians to win a court case to save their homes, and there is a sense of some kind of "ethnic cleansing" happening there.

"I am at the heart of the struggle for Jerusalem, to prevent it from being divided," Mr King said. "My aim is to get Jews all over this area."

"Israel is the sovereign entity here," said Mr Spielman. "And if we can enable more Jewish people to live here, more archaeology to become known here then I am proud of that."

This behavior has to stop, there has to be some way to have these two groups live together in peace. In my opinion, these are intentional actions taken by the Israeli government to "get rid" of Palestinians, and in the process, continue "the fight" to be "secure" to assure a steady income of US money. This is disgusting!

All I know is that if I was evicted in the middle of the night and my house bulldozed to the ground, I would certainly not go without a fight! Wouldn't you?

Peace,

Magnum

[edit on 10/1/18 by Magnum007]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I first heard about that last year when I saw a documentary about the Jewish American billionaire Irving Moscowitz that invests heavilly in east Jerusalem by buying houses from palestinians ( exploiting their poor financial situation ) in order to sell or rent them to jewish families.

A "clean" way to get rid of palestinians from east Jerusalem.

Quite sickening !

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monte-Carlo
I first heard about that last year when I saw a documentary about the Jewish American billionaire Irving Moscowitz that invests heavilly in east Jerusalem by buying houses from palestinians ( exploiting their poor financial situation ) in order to sell or rent them to jewish families.

A "clean" way to get rid of palestinians from east Jerusalem.

Quite sickening !

Do you read your own words????

Someone legally and properly purchased homes/apartments....

They then rent/sold them.

Sounds like normal business.

Now, if you tried to make the claim, that they were forced to sell with a gun to their head, that would be an issue.

Almost sounds like you are trying to make a racist point.

You seem to be saying only muslims can purchase homes/apartments???

You also seem to be saying they can only be sold to muslims.

If not, it's just some one buying and selling homes, common across the planet.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

Exploitation of financial situation = gun to the head...

Magnum

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

You provide exactly NO proof of that.

All you have is someone legally purchasing homes/apartments and turning around and selling them.

If their is this "gun to their head" as you claim, please provide links of proof.

So they are having financial problems, get over it.

That is happening all over the world...............

If you sell something to someone and they stop making the agreed upon payments, it is fair to take back the product and sell it to someone who will/can pay.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

Hi,

I think that you misread my post and replied using your feelings instead of your logic.

First of all, I wasn't making a racist comment (the racist card is such an easy option whenever one is making a point on Israel's wrongdoing in dealing with the Palestinians) especially that I am Jewish and have family in Israel.

I was just pointing out the fact that this billionaire is exploiting the financially weak Palestinians in order for them to leave East Jerusalem so that the majority living there in the near future would be Israeli, thus taking total control of the land.

Exploiting one's weakness is for me unacceptable especially in that situation.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
reply to post by Magnum007

You provide exactly NO proof of that.

All you have is someone legally purchasing homes/apartments and turning around and selling them.

If their is this "gun to their head" as you claim, please provide links of proof.

So they are having financial problems, get over it.

That is happening all over the world...............

If you sell something to someone and they stop making the agreed upon payments, it is fair to take back the product and sell it to someone who will/can pay.

Yes, it is happening all over the world. In most cases it is either a long term or short term investment.

But in this case the motive is much much more darker.

This person's only goal, by "investing" in these estates is not primarily for making profit but its more about "relocating" the palestinians, and giving the land back to Israel.

In this case it's not the usual real estate business Mrmonsoon, and it's not how we make business.

[edit on 18-1-2010 by Monte-Carlo]

new topics

top topics

join