It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aksum standing stones

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Watched a documentary on BBC last night about this and the stones of aksum

The city of Aksum emerged several centuries before the birth of Christ, as the capital of a state that traded with ancient Greece, Egypt and Asia. With its navies sailing as far afield as Ceylon, Aksum later became the most important power between the Roman empire and Persia and for a while, controlled parts of South Arabia.

The earliest records and legends date back at least 3000 years. They suggest that it was from Aksum that Makeda, the fabled Queen of Sheba, journeyed to visit King Solomon in Jerusalem. Legend has it that a son was born to the Queen from her union with Solomon. This son, Menelik I, grew up in Ethiopia but travelled to Jerusalem as a young man. There he spent several years before coming back to his own country with the fabled Ark of the Covenant. The Ark, according to Ethiopian belief, has remained in Aksum ever since (in an annex to the Church of St. Mary of Zion).

In addition to the old St. Mary of Zion, there are many other relics and remains in Aksum dating back to pre-Christian and early Christian times. Among these, a series of inscriptions on stone tablets have proved to be of immense importance to historians of the ancient world. They include a trilingual text in Greek, Sabaean (language of South Arabia) and Ge'ez (classic Ethiopian), ordered by King Ezana in the 4th century AD. Also, there are the 3000 year old stelae and obelisks. The standing obelisk rises to a height of over 23 metres, and is exquisitely carved to represent a nine-storey building in the fashion of the 'tower-houses' of South Arabia.

The largest stones are supposed to weigh over 500 tonnes and are carved from a single block and moved into position , how could they have done this ?

much like the easter island heads , and many of the great stone structures built in egypt!

Maybe they used sound wave resonance to move the stones ?

Aksum heriatage site

thoughts ?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I think I saw the same show...very interesting. What I would give to go in the small church that claims to have the Ark....As far as the large stone monuments, there may be a simple answer.

You may have seen this video, but here's a guy that may prove how ancient man moved large stones....rather easily I might add-

his website-
The Forgotten Technology

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Physics are nothing, just an illusion of this reality that you have created for yourself. GET OUT OF THE BOX!

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Nice find.
Here's a google map of Aksum. If you are like me you need to see where this is exactly and then look at how far away it is from the great Persians and Romans and Greeks and all the other cities that they traded with; so that you can get the whole picture of this unique story.
There's everything except for that on the heritage site

maps.google.com...,+Ethiopia&gl=us&ei=i35US-DWBNSztge6yNm6CQ&sa=X&oi=geocod e_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CAsQ8gEwAA

Flag

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SpiritHipHop

Hi , do you mean the sound resonance to move the molecules or do you mean the video signal posted?

the two are manipulating different laws of physics, but physics is the only real way to explain how they built and moved these things into position!

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
To Signals:

What? no aliens/telekinesis/sound waves? Just simple old mechanics, ropes and levers? No way!

That video doesn't play as it should though. The sound is alright but we see almost nothing.

To SpiritHipHop:

I will venture a guess and say you failed that illusion of this reality. Correct?

[edit on 18-1-2010 by Maegnas]

top topics

join