It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism does exist in Australia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

Not just Hindu, but mainly Punjabi. They have people organising the events there and some are top military personal.

Luckily since these threads started the Indian students were forced to prove they are actually studying anything and subsequently most of the colleges (labelled visa factories) were closed down. The taxi drivers (usually 'students') were being checked for having licenses and in fact more crimes were reported from these Indians then ethers was ever proved against white Australians.

It's still an ongoing thing on You Tube etc, even though the cause is gone. They are still backing obviously sensational reports and of course India has never retraced accusations of racism despite the fact the police found nothing unusual. On the plus side, we're still not selling them uranium and the student numbers have dropped to next to nothing now the rules have been tightened - akin to the UK, USA laws.

On the down side the O/S student industry is damaged. Real students don't prefer Australia because fake colleges made the whole lot look bad and the laws are so strict now, they have too many other options.

As long as Australia has white people doing well, we will always be a target of these accusations. The same goes for some Asian countries who have experienced the same issues with Indians, but without Australia's mineral wealth they won't be targeted with the same level of propaganda and paid trolls etc.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Racism exists no matter which country you live in. To say it doesnt exist, just shows how some people are so dullisional. A wake up call is needed maybe. You just have to go back, to the riots on the streets in Austrlia, to see that this report is false.

And then there is Aborigines, whom have faced racist discrimination most of there lifes. Oh no racism doesnt exist. Um oks

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
You just have to go back, to the riots on the streets in Austrlia, to see that this report is false.

Not suggesting you're wrong... Of course racism exists in all countries across the globe... but may I ask what riots from when and where you are refering to? Perhaps I had my racist hat on that day and just didn't notice or maybe I'm forgetting something my subconscious doesnt want to acknowledge... but I don't recall any racial riots here. I expect to be proven wrong as usual...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Dragon33

I refer back to theRacist Riots in 2005,

2005 Sydney race riots - Violence and harassment by Lebanese youths. On Sunday 4 December 2005, a group of male youths of presumed Lebanese descent were playing soccer on a Cronulla beach when the North Cronulla surf lifesavers are reported to have asked them to stop, as it was disturbing other users of the beach

Race Riots 2005

There is other links provided to articles.

So to state Racism does not exist that in itself is dillusional and ignorant.

Oks ignore my comments, I misread the Title, I thought it said Racism does not exist in Australia!

I apologise for my mistake !

edit on 14-1-2011 by Laurauk because: To Correct Comments

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

I refer back to theRacist Riots in 2005,

2005 Sydney race riots - Violence and harassment by Lebanese youths. On Sunday 4 December 2005, a group of male youths of presumed Lebanese descent were playing soccer on a Cronulla beach when the North Cronulla surf lifesavers are reported to have asked them to stop, as it was disturbing other users of the beach

Race Riots 2005

There is other links provided to articles.

So to state Racism does not exist that in itself is dillusional and ignorant.

Oks ignore my comments, I misread the Title, I thought it said Racism does not exist in Australia!

I apologise for my mistake !

edit on 14-1-2011 by Laurauk because: To Correct Comments

lol, oh my..So I guess your media never reported what them Lebanese you been doing for weeks/months prior.??
As usual, MSM tells half the story if you are lucky..

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Yes I know what they did, you do not have to remind me.

And if you had given me the courtesy of posting other links without firing down the link I posted. I would have shown this.

So epic fail for trying to discredit my comments dude!
edit on 14-1-2011 by Laurauk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by nahsik

What's racism in Australia?
What race against what race??
It's such a multicultural land that makes racism hard to define..

The Indian student attacks have been mentioned...
Despite the fact the attacks are few and an Indian student is still probably safer here than in India,
do you know the race of the people attacking the Indian students??
Maybe they were other Indians, maybe they were Pakistanis or even Lebanese..

Define racism in Australia before saying WE are racist..

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

I think the reference is to the Cronulla Riots and the revenge attacks that followed.

Although, on the surface of things, it looked like a race riot, it was more territorial in MHO.
Beach cultures(predominatly anglo saxon) had grown tired of the attitudes of south western residents(mainly middle eastern) who treated the locals poorly, partuicularly women and young girls as well as assaulting volunteer surf life savers who tried to stop that behaviour. Fear was also high after a number of high profile gang rapes in the south west by middle eastern youths and violence erupted after beach locals decided to make a stand.

Ignorance and stupidity insued fueled by alcohol and a mis-guided sense of what patriotism is, what was displayed that day was little more then surburban tribalism.

The next few days resulted in gangs of middle eastern youths targeting anglo saxons in extreme bouts of revenge.
It was a turf war. Not a race riot. It was blown into a race riot by focusing on the cultural differences between the two groups.

I live in the south west of Sydney, in a predominantly middle eastern neighbourhood. I am white, anglo saxon first generation.

Racism exists, not IN Australia, but IN people.
It can exist in those that are from here in relation to those that come here.
It can exist in those that come here from abroad in relation to those that already reside here.
It is not one way traffic.

In relation to India, I find it incredibly hypcritical of India to accuse Australians as being racist or discriminative to Indians.
India still has a caste system that specifically discriminates against its own people. This caste system also relates to foreigners.
This has a history of extreme violence and unrest.

Talk about the Pot calling the Kettle...........

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Yes I know what they did, you do not have to remind me.

And if you had given me the courtesy of posting other links without firing down the link I posted. I would have shown this.

So epic fail for trying to discredit my comments dude!
edit on 14-1-2011 by Laurauk because: (no reason given)

Epic fail??
Or maybe I simply answered your unfounded accusations before you had time to edit...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

How are they unfounded, and besides I edited my comments after I misread the title.

Which I apologised For, So put a sock in it.

As for my other comment you didnt reply to it so yes Epic Fail.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

Thanks for that info. As you said, it was a turf war not a racial riot. No wonder I didnt remember it as one.
As you say, mid Eastern youths behaving badly and when push came to shove to stop them, they attacked.
In fact, I think all the "white Aussies" did was to try to object to the poor social behaviour of the youths.
I'm a 6th gen white aussie and I'm not a racist. I do have friends who have racial tendancies though, thats for certain.
Peace.

P.S. I notice that Laurauk is from Scotland... the country that sent my Gr, Gr, Gr grandfather to Australia for stealing his neighbours cattle! Whoops!

As for Backinblack... ease up buddy and stop looking for a fight. Laurauk already retracted her comment and you're just pushing her around now.
edit on 14/1/11 by Dragon33 because: Extra note:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

How are they unfounded, and besides I edited my comments after I misread the title.

Which I apologised For, So put a sock in it.

As for my other comment you didnt reply to it so yes Epic Fail.

Get a life..You are 12000 miles away and hear little about Australia other than what your controled media wish to tell you..
Considering our multicurtural population, I find Australia is less racist than many countries..
And as I questioned, who are the racist parties here anyway??

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

I wont lower myself down to your level dude. If you do not like my comments then do not reply to them simple.

Welcome to ignore bye now.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

I wont lower myself down to your level dude. If you do not like my comments then do not reply to them simple.

Welcome to ignore bye now.

lol, great..I'm sure you know more about your own country, Scotland..
Maybe it's best to ignore me rather than pretend you know what goes on in my country, Australia..

Bye for now,

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Thank you for the reply mate,

A Bunch of Pissed Yobs drapped in Aussie flags, flashing southern cross tattoo's telling others to "leave Our women and beach alone" was all it really was.

No one ever talks about the Anglo saxons that stepped in to help those poor "foreign looking kids" being attacked by these drunk yob's.
Its only the idots that the papers like reporting on.

No one wanted to talk about the two Anglo cops that took on about ten guys at Cronulla station, that were waiting to assault people trying to get to the beach.
But you can sure as hell find plenty of stories about the idiots beating people up.

No one talks about the fact that our Legal system persued the Idiots regardless of race, culture or suburban post code and dealt with them all equally.
Over a hundred arrests for both the cronulla violence and the revenge attacks.
Justice was blind to race. Both Anglo saxon and lebenese youths and men were jailed.

That was over 5 years ago.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

I'm in Melbourne and even we don't hear the full story of what went on up there..
Rumours were rife that the lenanese attacked and raped young girls and terrorized the neighbourhood for ages..

What's the truth and what is fiction??

But if that is the worst Australia has thrown up in 10 years then it's pretty damn tame..
No deaths or shootings..Just a bit of old fashion brawling...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Ah yes... thank you. It's all coming back to me now...
Interesting how it's reported overseas as a racial war on our streets... yet it was actually just a group of over zealous yobbos causing trouble for evryone.
Thanks for the reminder!
Cheers mate.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   

There were cases of gang rape. They were pretty horrific as you can imagine and they were perpertrated by middle eastern youths. These cases where high profile as you can imagine and the cases resurfaced in 2005 just months before the cronulla "riots" as the rapist tried to appeal the severity of the sentences( the ring leaders where brothers who recieved 55 years) and they were successful in getting the sentences reduced. There was a lot of public outrage as you can imagine and this rolled into the fuse that lit the fights at Cronulla beach in December, the appeal reduction was delivered in September.

What many people don't consider is that the rapes where commited based on race. The rapists were Lebenese muslims who described the victims as "Aussie Sluts" or "Aussie Pigs".
This fueled some of the fear that was vented at Cronulla as this attitude was also present at beach locations from young middle eastern men from south western Sydney.

In one case, victim statements had been censored of references to race related issues. Judges handed down sentences that did not consider the race issue. In the case I refer to, an appeal was lodged by the DPP and revised by handing out a tougher sentence because race and hate was a specific issue.

No one was making a fuss around the world( Hello our friend from Scotland!) about "Race Rapes", the fact that Lebenese Muslims were targeting their fellow citizens, specifically women of Anglo-Saxon/Celtic decent in order to rape them.
In this case the victim was told as she was being raped( 24 times for five hours), "You deserve it because you are Australian".
There were Seven gang rape victims who testified relating to the rapes with Fourteen rapists convicted.

Yet, the Race Riot tag was easily plastered out as soon as fighting started where Anglo Saxons targeted Lebenese Youths regarding their attitudes to local women, beach culture and surf life savers.

The rapes were bad enough, it destroyed many families and the Community I am from was heavily effected and still carries the stigma of the rapes.
On the micro scale these men were lebenese muslims who disgraced an entire community of hard working, decent, law abiding people.
In the bigger picture, they were fellow Australians who broke the law in the most heinous of ways and were dealt with by law.

We have moved on from these people, as well as the fights that were born from the types of attitudes that these men represented.
Cronulla, as a community learnt that you cannot solve issues with violence, as it just begets violence.

I hope that gives you some more insight into those times.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
So are Australians as intolerant to aborigines as Americans are to Africans?

It seems every country has a cultural scapegoat to beat up on.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman
So are Australians as intolerant to aborigines as Americans are to Africans?

It seems every country has a cultural scapegoat to beat up on.

No, as in most countries there are minorities that are racist..
They seem to draw the headlines...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join