It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are Gods: You and you and especially you.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
If we didn't exist would God? We give god meaning and define him/her. We define everything individually. There is nothing in this universe that would have any meaning if we didn't exist, we are the gods because without us there can be nothing.

We all follow our own path completely individual and unique, some of us create life some of us destroy life. Through technology we can match any fate God has done. The highest form of technology is when it looks like magic.

God without us would not be God, we are the ones who define God, we are the ones who tell his stories, we are the ones who give meaning to anything. It doesn't matter who created us or how we were created because no one but yourself is worthy or worship, you are the only one who can decide your fate, you are the only one who will define something.

Is a painting still a painting without eyes to see it? Is a tree a tree without anything to climb it? Every man and woman and child and animal, every flea and tick and ant and zebra is a god. We create the universe.

If god is real to you, then he is real to you. If god is not real to you, then he is not real to you.

We created God, therefore we are gods.

Schroedinger's Cat.

[edit on 18-1-2010 by Occy Anonymous]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
This is when i think aliens come into play. From that perspective, we are a young civilization with much to learn. Like a kid wanting a new toy.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by iEndure

Would Aliens exist if we were not there?

Do Aliens exist now?

It's all in our minds, all reality. We observe and give meaning to everything.

What is a king with no subjects? What is an alien if you didn't exist?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
If nothing exists, how can you claim we are gods?

[edit on 18-1-2010 by iEndure]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by iEndure

Because nothing exists without us.

We are gods, and we are not gods. However if you exist you are a god.

All I'm saying that without us there is no meaning, without meaning there is nothing. We give everything in this universe our own unique meaning, without us to give something meaning whose to say it exists at all?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
so what you are saying is that we are alone in the whole universe ?

sorry, but

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by NoNzeNz

No of course not, that would be ridiculous lol.

I'm saying without US there wouldn't be in the sense that since we are not there to observe or give meaning to them whose to say they would exist?

As I said, each one of us gives meaning to EVERYTHING in this universe without you to observe it whose to say it's there at all?

This is more about philosophy then anything, but yes I do believe in Aliens, so they are real to me. But this was more about GOD then Alien in the sense that a god isn't a god until people know him/her. Just as an Alien isn't an Alien unless we known them.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Occy Anonymous

Originally posted by Occy Anonymous
reply to post by iEndure

Because nothing exists without us.

Why to speak with obscurity? Of course you mean that without observer there is nothing to observe. Once - and when - we'll die, the world ends. It's the doom day. But once I'll die, you'll go on; or when you die, my life persists. So apocalypse is individual and personal; the judgement day means the day of one's death.

But it doesn't exlude the objective reality. Even when our consciousness ceases to exists, it doesn't mean that the reality ceases to exists. Those who will be alive once I have died, will certainly agree.

We are all such unimportant things; we could kill anyone and all of us and the universe wouldn't even notice. Why to rise one on the pedestal that doesn't even exist? It is time for each of us quit living in these personally centered 'realities' (that are illusions) and embrace the reality. It is almost like in middle-ages, when most europeans thought that earth is flat and that the sun orbits the earth; we still tend to think that world revolves around our egoes.

-v

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

Oh NO no kind sir, do not think I am conceited, I was using a Schrodinger's Cat type of philosophy to illustrate that since you are not there to observe the universe after your demise then the universe would truly end...for you.

But mainly this was about god. We give God meaning and reason, in all likelihood we created him, or at the least made him a God. There is no God unless there are people to worship him a God is nothing without a creature or a blade of grass to observe him.

But I do detest the Middle Ages and they're centralized thinking, I was simply making a point that since we can do everything God does and we are the ones who define God, we are mightier then God, simply because we create the definitions of one.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   

I understand your point, which I suspect to be true to a certain extent. As long as we believe that god is such and such, we indeed do create the concept of god.

But the question is that are our conceptions of god accurate at all?

To me it seems like we cannot experience anything that is beyond of our experiences, conceptions and capacity to understand and observe.

If we accept any conception of god, we'll create cages to imprison our observation; we begin to see evidence that supports our conceptions, while perhaps rejecting the evidence that speaks contrary. Hence it may be important to be free of all conceptions; to take the reality as it is and make no assumptions of it.

Indeed we are all parts of the great system which someone's want to label as god, but I see it as the reality, or rather, the existence itself.

-v

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Hello, this is God, but you can call me Bruce.
Now, I realise there are many who claim to be me but there can only be one, sorry folks.
If I read anymore of this nonsense on this ATS site, I will be forced to mix up your language so you can't understand each other, this will be known as the apackoflips.
By the way, has anyone seen my Angel of Light anywhere? you can't miss him, he has horns on his head and walks with a limp (due to an accidental fall) last seen in the Garden of Eden, but I haven't a clue were that is, my GPS (god pointing system) is broke.

Thank you
and Bruce Bless

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Oh no I think that we are far from understanding the true nature of the real god at this point in our evolution. God is infinite how can one count to infinity, there more we discover the more God will become.

One man's god is not another. Everyone has their own definition of God, I do totally agree with your point about assumptions which was where this was heading (in a roundabout kinda way) but yes since at this point we cannot experience all the universe it technically does and doesn't exist until we can observe it.

I do believe we shouldn't claim to or try to understand God since he is just a jumbling of collective thoughts of what individual believe him/her to be. I just believe since we are the ones to define a god, we in essence create one.

-So speaketh the Bruce. (psalm 99:-6)

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

You know, this very thought has came to me many times, not that we are Gods/Goddesses, but that we are in training to be them. We are SEEKERS. We are Golden, we are Stardust. We are Spirit. Separated yes, but Unity is only a step away at any given time.

One morning I woke up and I knew
You were really gone
A new day, a new way, I knew
I should see it along
Go your way, I'll go mine and
Carry on
The sky is clearing and the night
Has gone out
The sun, he come, the world
Is all full of light
Rejoice, rejoice, we have no choice but
To carry on
The fortunes of fables are able
To sing the song
Now witness the quickness with which
We get along
To sing the blues you've got to live the tunes and
Carry on
Carry on
Love is coming
Love is coming to us all
Where are you going now my love?
Where will you be tomorrow?
Will you bring me happiness?
Will you bring me sorrow?
Oh, the questions of a thousand dreams
What you do and what you see
Lover can you talk to me?.......

(Carry On, by Stephen Stills)

The Unity of Mankind
doesgodexist.org...

Adolf Bastian (26 June 1826 – 2 February 1905)
en.wikipedia.org...

The postulate of "the psychic unity of mankind" states that all human beings, regardless of culture or race, share the same basic psychological and cognitive make-up; we are all of the same kind. The postulate was originally formulated by Adolf Bastian, the "father of German anthropology", who was a classical German humanist and a cultural relativist, who believed in the intrinsic value of cultural variation. Bastian passed it on to his similarly minded student, Franz Boas, who, as the "father of American anthropology", transmitted it on to all of his students. Edward B. Tylor introduced it to 19th century British evolutionist anthropology, where it became a fixture, defended by all the major British evolutionists. The postulate, indeed, was essential to the great comparative projects of evolutionism, which would be futile if cultural differences were determined by differing biology. For the same reason, it has been central to later compative projects, e.g. Radcliffe-Brown's, Barth's, Steward's, Godelier's etc. Today, the postulate is shared by all anthropologists (exceptions are hard to think of).

source:www.anthrobase.com...

Kabbalah, the Creator and the Unity of Mankind
www.kabtoday.com...

Kabbalah (Cabala)
www.themystica.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Greetings Occy Anonymous,
The worst crime man can commit upon his soul is to believe he means nothing. It is this that has allowed greed and corruption to flourish into the poison-full flower fruit many now have only begin to truly taste. Man must first truly know from where his senses and thoughts first come from. This can only be answered by the same noble mind of which asks such a question. By assuming or cultivating the spirit of Gog within Ma-Gog or a Godless man upon a God-less Earth, man aids those who have shackled his true spirit and hidden what awareness is, or rather, who the awareness actually belongs too.

There is much fear of God. This fear only belongs to those who fear being uncovered. Man is from One source, expressed in a two-fold form. Man has power to choose to remain as the Fire, or come again before the light of his Son. Man can know nothing without the Son and remains agog at such truths.
The world of God is not a world of judgment, but of truth. The world needs not fear God, but its deep seeded need to fear God, should uncover itself well enough. It is this seed itself that is Gog. God becomes man. Man does not become God. Mans origins lay deeper that his senses and earthly reason. It is by the controlling of the senses and earthly reason that man remains agog or half dead, and this is done by man himself; or rather from which centre man has kindled his wants and desires within. It is that centre which manifests itself through mans works and actions, therefore bringing forth from which centre he has given or sacrificed himself too. Mans centre is no more fully upon display but when he opens his mouth or puts pen to paper.

The world of God is a world of truth, not judgment. The judgment is only as harsh as the distance man has cultivated between himself and his creator. A distance I might add to be non-existent. Therefore mans truth does not come as a distant clearing image, but as a flash or a tiny beautiful seed from within. Man then asks “Jesus Christ! What was that.” Mans shame then comes upon him, as the knowledge of His creator grows. Yet, through the mercy and compassion of God, man is saved.

No knowledge of the history will do this work. No degree's or academies will suffice. If man wishes to know the truth, he must be born again, as to give upon his firstborn. He must know he knows nothing, and all the knowing belong with God, and that it is upon mans willingness to be taught the truth in kindness, love and compassion, that God will become man. Therefore a war is now waged upon as the unstoppable sentence does strike into the very heart of Gog and Ma-Gog.
AH.
Peace.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
if a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there does it make a sound?

personally i agree with you in a sense... everybody is the centre of their own personal universe. this only causes problems if you beleive that it gives you the right to act in anyway you want, you might well have that right... who knows, but you yourself can only know what is right or wrong. I can only know what i know, i can only see what i see... i cant see what you see, i dont have your eyes, i cant stand inside you. People can show or tell you things, but your the one doing the listening and the seeing.

If i die the universe might well stop... whose to say, if i die and it doesnt will you tell me?

The universe is in my head ... whether it also exists outside my head is uncertain. What is certain is that the universe in my head is different from the one in yours. My universe has no god, some of yours might.

~TR

[edit on 18-1-2010 by Tomb_Raven]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   

We are Gods: You and you and especially you.

Thanks for the compliment... I may try and apply it next time my better half wants me to take out the garbage or mow the lawn during football season.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Occy Anonymous
Oh no I think that we are far from understanding the true nature of the real god at this point in our evolution. God is infinite how can one count to infinity, there more we discover the more God will become.

EXACTLY!

and we find GOD through self-discovery.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
You know, this very thought has came to me many times, not that we are Gods/Goddesses, but that we are in training to be them. We are SEEKERS. We are Golden, we are Stardust. We are Spirit. Separated yes, but Unity is only a step away at any given time.

W
W

my thoughts exactly
your whole post!

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
ELaHIM "gods" mine yours his hers ours and theirs -alls god...

if you knew EL as "To /toward" and ELaH as the goal objective destination
and then the possessives ELaHI mine ELaHIK yours ELaHU ELaHaYNU ELaHaIKUM and ultimately ELaHIM, then you'd be right.

It is 'continuance' itself -being granted 'more', but to "die like men" is reality!

Who made who? Are you sure you want to take that credit? Would you rather not have a spoken part in this Script (and thus get in the rolling credits)?

It had been closer to the truth to say that we are GODs' god!

top topics

join