It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Terror Attack / Patriot Act

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperKyle
I see your points and concern and I thank you for not being sarcastic. Because you have been very nice too, I will continue the conversation.

What if someday, a bombing occurs and it could have been prevented if only the police in the surrounding area were able to immediately search the property of the terrorists. What if they had to wait even an hour to get search permission. In my ever humble opinion, if we ever get to the point that you would be arrested just for buying a Muslim Bible, its already too late to stop Big Brother. Besides that, these programs that will search and sift through information will flag much more than Koran or Muslim. It will seek out Bomb, bridge, tower, van, population. All kinds of things like that, and if a person is checking on all of those things, I would want somebody in authority to know about it.

What do you think, and I hope we maintain the good nature we have been.
If you take offense in any way to the things I have said just let me know. But please, post back, you have been very considerate and I thank you.

SuperKyle I have the same concerns you do about Big Brother, this is why I do not endorse the Patriot Act. A lot of people would say, "Well there hasn't been an attack since 9/11, it must be working." Yeah, maybe it's working, but there are many other factors that could have stopped an attack since 9/11. We're a different country now, much more aware of terrorist threats, just because there hasn't been an attack doesn't make the fact that the Patriot Act is dangerous any less important.

It is very well possible that another attack could only serve to strengthen the Patriot Act. I truly hope that we don't see another attack, then a red terror threat level, followed by a declaration of martial law, approval of Patriot II and even more rights infringing bills, the outcome of everything being some kind of tyrannical police state. I really hope that doesn't happen.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Sad to say.... but I think the patriot act is here to stay.... Yes I did sign the stop the patriot act. For what good it's going to do?? I also agree another act of terriorism will only strenghten the patriot act. I believe acts of terriorism are here to stay for awhile
and the patriot act is just the beginning of a transsision for this country.... our lose of freedoms. In order to be safe do we have to lose some of our freedoms??? To answer the question of how are they coming in. Some have been in this country for 10 and 15 years,or better. Since 9/11.... I believe most are finding it convenient to enter at the borders..Canada, Mexico, California.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 07:26 AM
link   

It would dawn the decline of the American Empire, and the start of the Fourth Reich within the US, becoming a trully Facist, Police State.

SF, I share your enthusiasm, but suggest a different direction. The main motivation of the right is to use government resources to empower and enrich the top segment of our economy, because they fund elections. It's more about money and power than about ideology. It isn't their main focus to take away freedoms, but our freedoms are the collateral damage.

Did you notice that when the Texas legislature jerrymandered districting so to neutralize the votes of the poor and minorities, and the Democrats hid out of state to block passage, the Republicans called up Homeland Security to track them down? The Homeland Security Department was used by the party in control to hunt down their political enemies.

The Patriot Acts can easily be used in the same way.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
these so called terrorist attacks were planed by the us gov. to put us into fear so we would give the power to the corporate run military.this was put into place to keep people from questioning the terrorist plot. so if you doubt that it was a terrorist then you are a terrorist,thats their thinking.well the us gov. is the terrorist people.wake the # up.we need to abolish the gov. that has become destructive to its own people.says so in the constitution,thats why they put the patriot act into place,to keep people from using the const.against them.the corporate run gov.so its time to rise agains your oppressors.take back what is ours,america.we outnumber them.and the military group are american citizens.if they,the military people understood what was going on they might revolt too.i have.i hate everyone of those pig #s.i hope everyone of them rot in hell as im going to be the arm of constitution justice!!!!we all need to be.our own gov.is killing its own people and blaming it on innocent people,all because you watch too much t.v and believe everything the media shows you.WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!hello this is not a dream,its really happening!!!!!!!!!you have NO RIGHTS in america anymore..none,zero,you dont even have the right to bear arm anymore,that gives the people too much power(guns)and they want all the power to controll all us...well not i...no one controlls me...no one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join