It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phoenix Police pepper spray children at the anti Arpaio protest .

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by marsvolta
reply to post by felonius

oh, your cops got families- they gotta be good!!! no other way around it. watch Shawshank Redemption - if you never watched it. i know it`s just a movie, but shows you how these fukcs form the "justice" system can destroy your life on fabricated charges and that even a guy with a family can be evil.
oh wait, how about those people who off their entire families? they had a family before they killed em...

Ok. You must have a story to be so pissy to the blue. Please, enlighten us.
Yeah. I do know there are some dirtbags out there. These in the ops post aint them. sorry.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj1975
Here is the real issue with this...do a majority of these protestors even have a clue what it is they are out there protesting?

If you ask many protestors these days their views or their reasoning for being out there marching, holding up signs, covering their faces, yelling, screaming, singing, or whatever else they are doing, MOST of them HAVE NO CLUE what the real issues at hand even are!!!! They normally repeat BS they heard on the MSM or through the rumor mill and look like fools.

If you want to protest, do some research and TRULY understand what your complaint is BEFORE you end up in the middle of a street...just a suggestion...

That's probably the most intelligent post I've seen regarding this subject.
Well said.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Are the parents of these children who got hit by over spray being held accountable for placing their kids in harms way?

This is a hotbed issue in Arizona, so shame on the parents for bringing children into this mess. The warning signs were all over this protest. Note to parents wanting to bring children: When you see protesters wearing black bandannas to conceal their identity, go HOME.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
what the hell were kids doing at a protest over the policies of Arpaio, some parents never fail to amaze me.........

That first kid with the glasses looks like an agitator

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matthew Dark
reply to post by felonius

You bring up a lot of good points.
I am ardently against people coming over illegally and claiming that their 'rights' have been infringed upon.
And I am absolutely for being tough on those who don't come to the US through the proper channels.
If you come over illegally, and don't contribute in a positive way in our society, then yes, you have no legal recourse for persecution and it's your own damn fault anyways.
However, there is more going on than just that.

agreed. its called slave labor. if we (supposedly) fought a civil war over it in the 1800's, isn't it still wrong now? yep. not good for the illegals and dang sure not good for us.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
Why are children there?

As a parent, a protest is the last place I would bring my child.

[edit on 17-1-2010 by loam]

Should be the first. Instead of at home in front of the tube or playing violent video games, why not give them a lesson in civics and standing up for yourself? The real question is why Americans are no longer allowed to peacefully assemble and protest without a strong police presence? Why have Americans become such sheep that we have to defend a police state?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by BillfromCovina

Why are children there?

Should be the first. Instead of at home in front of the tube or playing violent video games, why not give them a lesson in civics and standing up for yourself? The real question is why Americans are no longer allowed to peacefully assemble and protest without a strong police presence? Why have Americans become such sheep that we have to defend a police state?

well if you bring them to a protest don't be surprised if they get injured or sprayed, like that little speccy agitator in that video

Safe blood?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

Originally posted by BillfromCovina

Why are children there?

well if you bring them to a protest don't be surprised if they get injured or sprayed, like that little speccy agitator in that video

Safe blood?

When Americans protest they should all be dressed in black with masks. They should all carry guns and be ready to defend themselves. The police should be afraid of the protesters including the children. When the police become afraid, we will know we have our country back.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Flakey

I am a resident of Phx for 30 years, and I for one, love Sheriff Joe. Since last year, our crime rate has gone down, the amount of cars being stolen has decreased, and the number of people being kidnapped has also decreased. I believe that is relevant here because of Sheriff Joe's special task force. I want to say thank-you to them and our phx police. As far as children being sprayed, well why were they there, why were people assualting the police and their horse? Is that what they were trying to teach their children, to disrespect the police force, the ones who do keep us safe, who we can call for help. They can have a problem with Sheriff Joe, but to break the law, assault police officers, and attempt to incite a riot, well suck it up.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AltraVision
reply to post by Flakey

I am a resident of Phx for 30 years, and I for one, love Sheriff Joe. Since last year, our crime rate has gone down, the amount of cars being stolen has decreased, and the number of people being kidnapped has also decreased. I believe that is relevant here because of Sheriff Joe's special task force. I want to say thank-you to them and our phx police. As far as children being sprayed, well why were they there, why were people assualting the police and their horse? Is that what they were trying to teach their children, to disrespect the police force, the ones who do keep us safe, who we can call for help. They can have a problem with Sheriff Joe, but to break the law, assault police officers, and attempt to incite a riot, well suck it up.

The problem is in the video, no one assaulting any horses. No police are being assaulted. The story the police gave about pepper spray being used only to separate the protesters that refused to give up their water bottles is not supported by this video.

The police have not released any video confirming their story nor have any Arpaio supporters like yourself come forward with any video that would vindicate the police.

Instead what we have is a video that shows the police allegations of an unruly crowd are very suspect.

As for bringing kids to a peaceful protest I see no wrong with this. A peaceful protest is not supposed to be fired upon with tear gas and fire hoses. This crowd was not attempting to storm the police or flip over cars, they were peaceful. Even after the police pepper sprayed their children they did not react violently.The wrong doing does not rest in the people protesting but in the police that over reacted.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I called a friend of mine who lives in Phoenix and asked him if he heard about or saw this protest at all. He told me that he did get to see some of it and not everyone involved were PEACEFUL. Of course watching the second video tells me that....I saw the masked kids with the Anarchy logo flag, that pretty much tells me all I need to know for that portion of the protest.

He did tell me that 90% of the people in the protest were of Mexican origin and that had they required US Citizenship to march on the streets or be involved in the protest, the protest would of never even began. Sooooo what does that say? Again I wasn't there and I am basing my opinion of a friend who has lived out there about 3 years. Can anyone else confirm or deny that its basically illegals trying to protest Sheriff Joe for doing his job?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Many more videos from that day have been uploaded. Not one shows anyone from the crowd throwing anything. Among all the News cameras, Arpaio supporters cameras, and police cameras nobody has uploaded any footage of the crowd acting in a manner as reported by police.

No rocks being thrown, no officers being assaulted, no unruly mob. Just an unprovoked response of abusive police. If anyone can show video of the crowd throwing rocks or assaulting officers I invite you to support the police story and post those videos. I am sure the Arizona police would be more than happy to assist.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Flakey

What's the news saying now?
Is it still on? or forgotten...

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I am unsure. More video has been released but few news retractions have been made. No video of the crowd throwing anything has been released either. However, Joe Arpaios' twitter feed has photos of the the vidographers there "intimidating" his deputies.

twitter.com...

As I said everyone has cameras and everyone is filming everything. If the crowd did as accused then that too would be on video. Heck it would be on Joes' twitter feed.

I had to add this in from his twitter feed. I took a screen shot too just in case.

Deputies and posse are on standby for rescue, but hopefully they will not be needed. We will enforce stupid motorist laws as well

Emphasis is mine. I just wanted to point out the mans views on law and how he views certain laws as stupid. It goes to show the content of his character.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by Flakey]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Now I am not going to support spraying a child with pepperspray, however, there is too many questions that the videos do not show, and based off of what is seen I think the following can be determined:
1) As the law enforcement was present and directing people to disperse, I would say that they did not have a permit to hold any sort of mass gathering where they were at. Most cities and states in the country require that for any sort of mass gathering, that there be permits issued, that way the law enforcement can be present to prevent people from being injured.
2) In the video of the horse and the spray, I could not see what all was going on around the horse as peoples backs were to the camera, and you can only see the reactions, not the actions of the crowd.
I am not going to say if the protestors have or not have a valid complaint, as there are too many questions that are not answered.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by BillfromCovinaWhen Americans protest they should all be dressed in black with masks. They should all carry guns and be ready to defend themselves. The police should be afraid of the protesters including the children. When the police become afraid, we will know we have our country back.

like I said, if you want to bring you kids to such confrontations don't whine when they get dealt with.

I'm all for "manning" up, but these people bringing their kids are scum.

Some would probably not be "American" either...........

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

Originally posted by BillfromCovinaWhen Americans protest they should all be dressed in black with masks. They should all carry guns and be ready to defend themselves. The police should be afraid of the protesters including the children. When the police become afraid, we will know we have our country back.

like I said, if you want to bring you kids to such confrontations don't whine when they get dealt with.

I'm all for "manning" up, but these people bringing their kids are scum.

Some would probably not be "American" either...........

They are real Americans if they are out there protesting. More so than most of the couch potatoes that constantly feel the need to support our police state. You should be able to protest without being threatened or attacked by police. We should be able to protest without a permit, without an armed force ready to attack, and not confined in a protest zone. We no longer live in a free country and the sooner children learn the truth the better.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join