It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phoenix Police pepper spray children at the anti Arpaio protest .

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Matthew Dark

Trust you on this one? WHY THE HELL SHOULD I TRUST YOU!

There must have been something.

I am getting so sick and tired of people spreading their emotions like it is fact.

Their is a federal investigation, whoo hoo, good for the federales!

How about an investigation into why Federal laws are not enforced!

Man, what propagandized drivel.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmericanDaughter
As a protest marcher, the only kids/teens I've seen were on the anti protest (mexican) side - we walk down one side of the street and they follow taunting on the other; cops in the middle.

I'm not surprised they are using their children in this way - we won't get sprayed or whatever if kids are here type thing.

I do know from personal experience that things get voilent. The last time especially a Bunch of whoever (wearing black masks etc. & shields) swooped in and started throwing filled balloons with whatever and rocks and full cans of pop at us (I got hit),
cops, mexicans attacking and pepper spray going on all over the place!
Scarey!

Point is, it's hard enough to get/keep things under control without children being around.
The mexicans know the score and I do believe they brought the children to this protest on purpose for a number of reasons. These video's are just one of them ...

Why don't you tell us how you REALLY feel. You'll forgive me if I doubt everything you said in the above post. Cops would never ever walk in the middle of the road in between to opposing protests. The risk of getting flanked is just to great.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Flakey

here ya go
cops in the streeton bikes and in cars
there are more if you want to watch.

March for America in Seattle
www.youtube.com...

top video is the one where we got attacked but of course the news didn't show what actually happened and of course no arrests!

www.marchforamerica.net...

edit to add:
notice the name of the video where we were attacked:

"Cops Brutalize Pro -Immigrant Protesters"

glad there were no kids there that day!!

[edit on 18-1-2010 by AmericanDaughter]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matthew Dark
I live just outside of Phoenix, and have for a little over a year.
In that short time, I've heard dozens of horror stories about how Sheriff Joe has corrupted the justice system.
He has been known to use Gestapo tactics in his dealings and, according to some sources, used taxpayer money to fund his own private endeavors.
From what I understand, he is currently under federal investigation, and hopefully, some of his injustices will be brought to light.
This event doesn't surprise me at all, as he's been known to make life difficult, if not unbearable for those who have publicly spoken out against him.
Some of his jails have been under investigation by Amnesty International.
Now, take a moment and think about that...
In this day and age, in the United States, a sheriff, had been under the scrutiny of an international human rights organization.
It boggles the mind.
I'm curious as to how this pans out.

Here is how people like you think: he's corrupted the Justice System by actually enforcing the laws. How dare he!

The federal govt is investigating him for enforcing laws, and for not listening to them when they tell him not to enforce certain laws. He tells them, sorry but he doesn't take his orders from the federal govt.

Sorry, but he was elected as Sheriff and will be again. Why? Because he does exactly what you are complaining about...... enforcing laws. With the problems going on in Phoenix right now, I really doubt you want some touchy feely liberal police force down there. If anything you need more police, and more leeway to enforce laws.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
It was the 2 year old that threw the water bottle. 2 year olds are always throwing bottles. In Phoenix they get pepper sprayed for doing it.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I didn't see any cops pointing a canister in the kids faces and dousing them with pepper spray.

What happened was cops sprayed some moron trying to attack him, the wind carried some of the fumes and the kids got a little in their eyes.

Chalk one up for bad parenting. They should have their kids removed for being ignorant enough to take them to a protest.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
It was the 2 year old that threw the water bottle. 2 year olds are always throwing bottles. In Phoenix they get pepper sprayed for doing it.

Not sure if you know how pepper stray works, but I assume you don't given your response. Pepper spray will effect everyone in the area it was sprayed. So lets say a 16 year old punk kid throws a water bottle at a cop, and they pepper spray the area, everyone in that area will having burning eyes, nose and mouth, including the children that people brought there.

By the way, not sure you read the part where even innocent bystanders testified to the fact of more than one protester throwing things at the police. I am not saying police are always right, but in this instance, they were. Those at fault are the idiots that turned a peaceful protest into a non-peaceful one.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Flakey

Question:

Have you ever been to a large protest? Have you ever been to one that started peaceful and went sideways? Got violent? If you have not, perhaps it's difficult to understand the perspective that some of us have, regarding children at protests. IMO, They should never be there. Period. Regardless of the intentions of parents, educational value, etc. the fact is that large protests have the potential for turning nuts, at any time.

The larger the group, the more likely it will happen. There is always the chance that someone(s) will start something or do something that will set off a reaction. Even while this may not be the intent of the larger group. You can control yourself, but you cannot control the decisions of others. Sometimes, the decisions of others put you in jeopardy. Just because it "shouldn't" happen doesn't mean it won't.

I'm not saying one should accept it as status quo, but I am saying one should anticipate the possibility and accept responsibility for putting oneself in that place. By all means, protest at will. Take the responsibility as a citizen who has the right... but no crying when sh*t goes wrong (because you cannot control the actions of others) you must anticipate the possibility and choose accordingly...

There are countless examples of this happening. My own personal experience was the A22 Bush riots in 2002. I wasn't even intentionally a part of it, just trying to get home from work and stuck in the middle. (if you want to see video, u2u me.) That experience defined something for me and partially explains my position that I do and will place responsibility on parents for putting their children in situations in which they may get hurt.

[edit on 18-1-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matthew Dark
I live just outside of Phoenix, and have for a little over a year.
In that short time, I've heard dozens of horror stories about how Sheriff Joe has corrupted the justice system.
He has been known to use Gestapo tactics in his dealings and, according to some sources, used taxpayer money to fund his own private endeavors.
From what I understand, he is currently under federal investigation, and hopefully, some of his injustices will be brought to light.
This event doesn't surprise me at all, as he's been known to make life difficult, if not unbearable for those who have publicly spoken out against him.
Some of his jails have been under investigation by Amnesty International.
Now, take a moment and think about that...
In this day and age, in the United States, a sheriff, had been under the scrutiny of an international human rights organization.
It boggles the mind.
I'm curious as to how this pans out.

I live all the way in NY and people here worship Sheriff Joe. He gets these hour long specials on MSNBC to tout his perfect little world. I know people here that will defend that man to the death and really have no idea what he is all about. They think he is an example to be followed. Sheriff Joe has a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG reach with much media support. I know about as much about him as you posted and what is seen on tv and it is clear that he is painted in a light rather different than reality seems to be discovering. My condolences.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
cop lovers` only argument is "why did these parents bring their kids to such an event?" and they repeat it like parrots.

what about other people who got sprayed? do people stop feeling pain after a certain age? i take it if the cops were more age-discriminate and targeted people only older than 21 and there would be nothing to even talk about.

imagine cops opened hell fire and killed everyone who`s older than 21. i think by the logic above, all would be cool with it, since no one under 21 got harmed.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnny2127

Not sure if you know how pepper stray works, but I assume you don't given your response. Pepper spray will effect everyone in the area it was sprayed. So lets say a 16 year old punk kid throws a water bottle at a cop, and they pepper spray the area, everyone in that area will having burning eyes, nose and mouth, including the children that people brought there.

oh i am loving your logic. if the cops know how pepper spray works then why dont they be careful with it? let`s say you came to a peaceful protesting and are next to a guy who threw a bottle at an officer so the officer decides to punish everyone nearby by spraying. she knows everyone will be affected, but she still sprays. does it make sense to you?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flakey

Phoenix Police pepper spray children at the anti Arpaio protest .

www.youtube.com

The demonstration was peaceful until police say protesters near the end of the procession started throwing water bottles at officers. Phoenix Police Lt. Pat Hofmann said officers used pepper spray as they tried to separate protesters from an officer who was trying to take away the bottles.

Phoenix police spokesman Sgt. Andy Hill said on-scene supervisors described a group of demonstrators purposefully disrupting the demonstration by assaulting several police officers and a police horse.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.yahoo.com
www.upi.com

1. By their signage: ILLEGALS (AND SUPPORTERS). ILLEGAL= NO
RIGHTS
2. Don't be stupid enough to take your kid to a protest.
3. Sheriff Joe is doing what others lack the stones to do.
4. Never saw a kid get sprayed. Teenagers don't count. Your inciting
crap against cops. You mislead by making it seem that the cops are
sticking the cans in the eyes of five year olds. Shame on you for trying
to get posts.

I have no use for these "reconquistas" or azatlan dirtbags. The parents that put their baby in harms way should go to one of the sheriffs "tent prisons" and the kid sent back to mexico to be with family. These people are invaders. Treat them as such AT THE BORDER.

You folks that are constantly down on all of our guys in blue need to get a grip. They are not all a bunch of power mad adrenalin junkies. They have families just like us AND MANY POST HERE!

A question to the op:
Why are you trying to get stuff started against these police? The times we saw them, they were calm and in no way violent. They used defensive measures. No sticks, no rubber bullets, no tazers. There have been a few of "dirt bag cop" videos that were legit. This isn't by a long shot.

could it be that you are anti-American? reconquista? azatlan? i really am curious .

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude

The question remains.

Why was the baby there? I'm a parent. there is no chance in hell I will put my kid in the slightest chance of danger because of my politics.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flakey
reply to post by LadySkadi

Their is documentation. I think it is the yahoo link that states a two year old was taken to the hospital treated and later released. The video is shocking for sure but this does not make it propaganda. I am positive it was not pre-arranged between protesters and police to present an unrealistic image of the events.

As I said before the police had their own cameras as did the regular joes that opposed the Arpaio/immigration protest. If their was video of the crowd getting out of hand it would be up on youtube too. These days everyone with a cellphone also has a camera and people tend to record everything.

[edit on 17-1-2010 by Flakey]

Yeah, that's some stellar logic there: So because no one recorded it - no wait - let me rephrase that - because no one has posted recorded footage if it on the internet, it must not have happened.

Just like your logic that says a policeman/woman would ride her horse into a crowd of people and start macing away for no good reason whatsoever - makes no sense at all. Yeah, I know it's in the video but what else was left out of the video that we didn't see? And before you answer "Nothing!" how could you possibly know that?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
Just like your logic that says a policeman/woman would ride her horse into a crowd of people and start macing away for no good reason whatsoever - makes no sense at all.

I guess that depends on what you mean by "logic." Police do crazy things all the time just like regular folks. Many of them have no logic at all.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius

oh, your cops got families- they gotta be good!!! no other way around it. watch Shawshank Redemption - if you never watched it. i know it`s just a movie, but shows you how these fukcs form the "justice" system can destroy your life on fabricated charges and that even a guy with a family can be evil.
oh wait, how about those people who off their entire families? they had a family before they killed em...

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Children were there to be used as a tool to get sympathy in case something happened, and it did.
They use their kids all the time
such as anchoring.

Getting to protest instead of getting deported is nothing but Wrong ...
and to the illegals:
Keep your many children home at least; sickening .
Shame upon you.

Keep on Rockin' Sheriff Joe;
there is more support For you than against!

The law is the law and illegals are breaking it; like it or not...

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
this kind of naivete is beyond me. just because you were born in USofA and ,let`s be honest, you are white doesnt mean you might not end up in a prison. i bet your beloved sheriff will not be kind to you in that case.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
It is a sad state of affairs when your constitutional right to free speech. Are ruined. Voicing your political belief is a cornerstone of our country. Many people bring children to political events and protests IT is THEIR RIGHT to be able to do that with out fear of governmental repercussions . That is the point incidents are making you voice your option in a protest you should be VERY AFRAID to engage in these acts or you might get hurt . It is there right to do that with out fear of the police and the job of the police their job is to protect the the public . Which would mean judicial use of force .

From the many articles there has been quite a few instances of the police not protecting the populace but dispersing them . In essence it is creating a fear to go voice your opinion in a political rally or protest which is infringing on our free speech right .

To bring a child to a protest or a rally why not get them involved with the political process early . You should be safe to do that .

What they are teaching all of us be afraid to voice our options at a protest or rally even if you are being good you might get hurt or arrested . Be afraid is the message and expect violence and getting sprayed . The posters saying a rally or protest no place for a child you have gotten the message they have sent loud and clear .

Do we listen to the message they send and quite voicing our options or do we continue to exercise our constitutional rights . We quite we will no longer have the right your choice .

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
that's nothing. I've been bear maced. Or it was the hottest ever mace out on the market.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join