It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Or are we being desensatized to the utmost right now? What I mean by that is, in recent months there has been several movies both Big screen and television, that input the notion of some kind of cataclysmic occurence.

You had 10.5, which was about major earthquakes. (did they take that off the air? I only seen part I) anyway, you have Day after tomm. you have the one about the Nuclear plant takeover, and a host of others I am sure I am forgetting.

I just feel as if, we ae being told well in advance that things are getting bad, and to prepare. Hollywood would be there best (information) outlet, as the entire country seemingly watches TV and Movies.... See Shrek opening weekend earnings for verification.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
What about the Abu prison photos and Berg killing??

When have you ever seen orgy photos run on the front page and acepted and "news"?

Berg is essentially a "snuff" film.

SO yeah I would say that desensitization is taking place on many levels!!

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
We've been having gruesome images thrust at us for quite a while but I think it's reached a new height recently. I don't know if we are being deliberately desensitised, but deliberate or not, its certainly happening.
Its as if the news media are going out of their way to report worse and worse atrocities. When will it ever end ?

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Well think back to the 80's. A lot of nuclear information was thrown out then, the movie the day after etc. Its a double bladed sword. On the one hand, it makes you more aware of problems, on the other hand, you get slightly desensitized. I think its the media's fault. I doubt its intentional, but it could be.

Look at all of the hollywood movies over the last 10 or so years...armaggedon and the core to name a few. Now we have The day after, I forget its total name. Its hollywoods attemp to put things into a certain perspective, plus it generates a lot of money preying on peoples fears. It has unintened effects. Makes people more paranoid, I don't think its as much desensatizing sometimes as it is creating more fear. Hollywood is great at twisting things subtly to make movies.

[Edited on 26-5-2004 by Darkblade71]

top topics

join