It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan, Afghanistan And Iran Unite

page: 1

join
share:
la2

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
News that Iran, Pakistan and Afghanistan have agreed to collaborate can only have bought a cold shudder to the occupant of the Oval Office and his Situation Room.

There are however a number of issues his brings up,

1) The amount of Allied troops in Afghanistan means that the so called 'millitants' would be even better equipt, seeing as Iran was now an ally of the Afghans, this makes higher casulaties for the UK and US.

2) Pakistan is a nuclear country, this would be the most chilling part of this news for Obama and Brown, an unstable nuclear state, in alliance with a state they feel has nuclear ambitions, but what would come of it, its not necesarily going to be Pakistan sharing the technology, could be Iran further supplying the Taliban, aiding them in taking control of Pakistan, before sharing the nuclear tech

The next step is reaction, I imagine China is fully aware of whats going on and together with Russia isnt too concerned, India however has to be extremely worried, knowing how bogged down the UK has become in Afghanistan, and would ultimatly appeal to the commonwealth for some back up should trouble come (could be why we had reports last week of Australia wanting nuclear weapons).

All in all this is a very worrying development, here follows the original artical i read before writing this.

www.google.com...

Any thought would be greatly appreciated, and i will be keeping an eye on developments as and when they occur, something is definatly coming.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Agreeing and doing are two different things. Remains to be seen just how they will accomplish this agreement.

On top of that, they agreed to work together more closely to combat extremism, illegal weapons trading and drug trafficking.

BUT I don't think Iran would need an agreement in order to arm the militants or to share nuclear interests if they so desire.

Guess the agreement could be used as a front. Will just have to wait and see how this agreement plays out.

la2

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
it will be interesting to see how it plays out, Iranian backing of the Afghan president would install somesort of stability, even if it is just a front, how would the Allies react to a joint Iran/Pakistan wargames sinario?

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I think this article has more to do with Iran getting in before the US.
Saying they are going to work with Afghanistan and Pakistan just as the US is doing will counter any reason for the US to target militants in Iran.

The USA isnt at war with Afghanistan or Pakistan, just the militant extremests that live there.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Hey LA2 !

Just read your thread - two things - Do yoy REALLY believe in EVERYTHING you say - that is, that which is derived from your
(no insult tyu intended-but your observation of the MSM (MainStreamMedia)?..is suspect..
ok - we all know what the war on terror z all about ?

(or do we?

What Im saying is that DO YOU REALLY BELIEVE THAT The -
well.. "Terrorists/Good taliban/Bad Taliban/Al Quaida etc - have ANYTHING to do with whats being sold to us as the 'war on terror'?
No - "its oil about money!" (cudnt rzist that-sorrry!

In 5 lines i will explain the same...

1.'U.S PISSED WITH USSR (Who dared to ? its supremacy)'

2. 'U.S supported & created a rebellion in Afghanistan against soviets'

3. ' U.S ' got 9/11. Decides to retaliate against - (by their own admission!)

NO ! - NOT Al Quaida but IRAQ ! Ostensibly, To eliminate his WMD's (HAH!)

4. Primary goal=OIL Secondary goal - Dominance in mid east (for the US's DEAREST FRIEND, IS_REAL ?)

5. Been there done that.
Move on.

Afghanistan.
On to another FAK-AP ..er..i mean AF-PAK - sigh- whatever.

any ideas/dissidents?
THIS IS WHAT THE TRUTH IS - HOWEVER LOVELY A SHADE OF BLUE YOU MAY TURN INTO EXPLAINING OR JUSTIFYING !

sorry if i broke a bubble of someone-somewhere.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by XSVIQ

You missed out a bit:

2a) US funded and trained / armed new militants in Afghanistan, creating what would become the Taliban leadership - despite being cautioned against doing so.

2b) US recognises new Taliban government and sends in the boys to look at what deals can be struck for pipelines across Afghanistan.

2c) High level Taliban delegation visits US for talks about pipelines, invitation to dinner with then Texas Governor at official residence - one Mr. G. W. Bush and, guess who UNOCALs man on the ground in Kabul was...... (drumroll)...... yep!, one Mr Karzai....... whodathunkit?

2d) US pipeline consortium UNOCAL tries stiffing Taliban on fuel transport tariffs, who promptly tell them where they can go stick their pipelines.

2e) ...... well, whadya know.....9/11 happens and the US is into Afghanistan before the dust settled over NY.

Convenient? Coincidence?

new topics

top topics

join