It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Middle East on fire

page: 82
<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

I muted him a while ago. He is crazy. I think the only clear thing is that he will not be leaving without a fight.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
The city of Jerusalem will be destroyed
Messages of Our Lady in Anguera Brazil about Israel, Iran, nuclear attacks, among the many other topics
ourladyanguera2005.blogspot.com...

April 26, 2005 , message 2514

Dear Sons and Daughters, pray much for the conversion of men before the cross. You now live in most difficult moments for humanity. I ask you to return to The Lord as soon as possible. Humanity will suffer and men will have to lament a life lived without God. The city of Jerusalem will be destroyed and when the great tribulation has passed it will not be recognizable; all that remains will be just a big desert. Oh men and women, return. Receive God with love and flee from hatred. Humanity will drink the bitter cup that men have prepared with their own hands. This is the message I give you in the name of the most Holy Trinity. Thank you for permitting me to reunite you here once more. I bless you in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen. Be at peace.

April 30, message 2516 – Dear Sons and Daughters, bend your knees in prayer for peace in the world. Humanity lives in great stress and is heading towards self-destruction. An arrogant man will make an agreement with Iran. He will seems to want peace, but in truth he will be a thorn for many nations. The terrorists, led by one who looks like a prophet, will bring suffering and pain to the nest of the eagle and to the land of the Savior. Behold, the times predicted by Me have come. Pray. Pay attention. I am your Mom and I am with you. Forward with hope. This is the message I give you in the name of the most Holy Trinity. Thank you for permitting me to reunite you here once more. I bless you in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen. Be at peace.

May 3, 2005 message 2518

Dear Sons and Daughters, nuclear and biological weapons will be used by bearded men and terror will spread over various nations. The devil has managed to seduce a great number of my poor children and has taken them away from the grace of My Divine Son. Unhappy are those who cling to material goods. Know that there will be a great chaos in the world economy, and only the meek and humble of heart will manage to survive. I ask you to flee from all vanity. Flee from the styles of this world. Learn to dress modestly. Take care of your body, for you are a temple of the Holy Spirit. Be careful. You belong to The Lord. Whoever offends The Lord with indecent styles runs the risk of eternal damnation. Truly free yourself from the claws of the devil. Don´t turn your soul over to condemnation. This is the message I give you in the name of the most Holy Trinity. Thank you for permitting me to reunite you here once more. I bless you in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen. Be at peace.

July 3, 2005, message 2544

Dear Sons and Daughters, I am your Mom and I love you. Pray much in front of the cross for peace in the world and for conversion of sinners.Humanity has contaminated itself with evil and My poor children are heading on the way to self-destruction. Israel will live the agony of one condemned, for it will be surprised by terrorists. Know that God is saddened by your sins. Repent and return in order to be saved. I don't want to obligate you, but pay attention and listen to Me. Courage. Don't lose heart. I will speak to My Jesus for you. Forward. This is the message I give you in the name of the Most Holy Trinity. Thank you for permitting me to reunite you here once more. I bless you in the
name of The Father, and of The Son, and of The Holy Spirit. Amen. Be at peace.

Message2557 – 4 August, 2005.

Dear Sons and Daughters, stay with The Lord. Oh men and women, where do you want to go? Know that there is no salvation outside of Christ. He is the Light of the world, and whoever is with Christ will have his life transformed. Don´t let yourselves be contaminated. Humanity is going towards destruction. The earth will be agitated and will tremble with a great atomic holocaust. Iran will be devastated by Israel. Behold difficult times for humanity. Return to The Lord. Tell everyone that now is the favorable time for conversion. The day will come when many will have to repent for a life spent without God, but it will be late. Don´t leave what you have to do for tomorrow. This is the message I give you in the name of the Most Holy Trinity. Thank you for permitting me to reunite you here once more. I bless you in the name of The Father, and of The Son, and of The Holy Spirit. Amen. Be at peace.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Ok, so here is a theory of sorts.
The Middle East male driven society is in most part driven by male dominance.
Like it or not, that is the way it is.
Ask anyone that has done any business or any time in the ME.
I am thinking that because the ME as a whole does not see the USA as having any form of dominance there (Military bear with me), this time is seen as a perfect time to cut ties before another Bush style president come back into control.
The people in the ME do know respond to concessions, nor do they as a whole understand live and let live, in reference to those in power.

Military might be what it is, the US is like no other. When the Fed Govt and President tie your hands and fence you in, you have no ability to show force. I love my military brothers and sisters.

edit on 22-2-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
Ok, so here is a theory of sorts.
The Middle East male driven society is in most part driven by male dominance.
Like it or not, that is the way it is.
Ask anyone that has done any business or any time in the ME.
I am thinking that because the ME as a whole does not see the USA as having any form of dominance there (Military bear with me), this time is seen as a perfect time to cut ties before another Bush style president come back into control.
The people in the ME do know respond to concessions, nor do they as a whole understand live and let live, in reference to those in power.

Military might be what it is, the US is like no other. When the Fed Govt and President tie your hands and fence you in, you have no ability to show force. I love my military brothers and sisters.

Yes because when a dictator spends decades in power with rigged or no voting you're supposed to just lye there and take it nice logic there trolololol -.-

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Benghazi Independant from Gadahfi

1950 GMT: Back from an academic break to catch up with a surreal evening in Libya....

The ramble of Muammar Qaddafi's remarks to camera, intercut with images of an audience which wasn't actually there, continued for almost an hour. Amidst the invective, the references to foreign-based subversives plying youth with drugs and money to carry out attacks, readings from his Green Book, and even his poetry, there were some sharp points. Conspiring with foreign entities under the pretext of reforms is something else, he concluded.

2012 GMT: Al Jazeera reports that Libya's Minister of Interior, Major General Abdulfatah Younes Al Obiedi, has resigned, urging the army to join the people and respond to their "legitimate demands".

2010 GMT: Well, Muammar Gaddafi still has some friends, it appears. Nicaraguan leader Daniel Ortega has offered support and the Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi made a phone call.

2020 GMT: Abdul Hakim Walidi of the influential Werfala tribe says, "We have organised a march of anger heading towards Tripoli."

Algeria Ends State of Emergency

Guardian Live Update Blog

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Bahrain

All Eyes on Oil Prices
edit on 22-2-2011 by stephinrazin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by rationaluser

Yes you are correct, but don't get what I am saying.
The ME people see an opportunity to take back their countries from a weakened USA installed ruler.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Is that a bad thing? It may be bad for US corporate interests, and imperial ambition. As far as human liberty, or morality I do not see that as a negative trend.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by stephinrazin

No, it's a good thing, but the whole domino effect is dangerous.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Ah sorry jumped the gun abit there
but i'm inclined to agree as much as regime change or revolution is a good thing it can create instability leading to secondary or tertiary revolutions leading to greater instability etc etc but it does stop it's self or rather the people stop themselves. Hopefully

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

And Israel putting nuclear subs off the coast of Iran is friendly I suppose?

Where is this info coming from?

Finally admitting the truth : NO REAL THREAT.

Admitting what? No one ever said they were a threat, this has political implications, not military.

Netanyahu cracking down on the opposition... typical fascist behavior.

Wasn't it Liberman's idea?

And didn't your headline say "Likud MKs grow increasingly *opposed*"?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

Where is this info coming from?

That was from less than a year ago... Israel stations nuclear missile subs off Iran

The submarines of Flotilla 7 — Dolphin, Tekuma and Leviathan — have visited the Gulf before. But the decision has now been taken to ensure a permanent presence of at least one of the vessels.

So there's at least one sub off Iran RIGHT NOW.

Admitting what? No one ever said they were a threat, this has political implications, not military.

Lieberman was going crazy over it... being a provocation and how Israel might take action.... why take action when there's no implied threat? Anyway, it was just Lieberman's BS, as always.

And didn't your headline say "Likud MKs grow increasingly *opposed*"?

Yeah I failed there... mixed up Kadima and Likud.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Liberman is like the Ahmadinajad of Israel.. These two should have their own sitcom... "Lib man and the jad"..

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eliad

Liberman is like the Ahmadinajad of Israel.. These two should have their own sitcom... "Lib man and the jad"..

But you now agree Israel has atleast one nuclear armed sub stationed off the Iranian coast?

That's a far greater threat than a couple of small Iranian ships...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Great idea. That would be epic.
I very much like Israeli and Iranian cinema. Maybe they could do a movie together.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Quaddafi could be the crazy neighbor who is always getting into shenanigans, and never makes any sense.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by stephinrazin

Then blows up my house cause of his meth lab.Or nuke lab...fill in the blanks.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Gahdaffi is on his way out and we have various ongoing uprisings around the region.Bahrain was a shock for me.They have a US base so I'm sure they had some advisers on site.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Egypt :

Egypt confirms key ministers stay in reshuffle (Reuters)

So it's not really a reshuffle?

Egyptian Finance Minister plans stimulus package after blow to growth (Reuters)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Iraq :
Iraq trades F-16s for food for poor

Amid violent uprisings against autocratic Arab regimes, the Iraqi government says it has taken a novel step to head off trouble: shelving plans to buy 18 Lockheed Martin F-16s and diverting a $900 million down payment to buy food for its poor.

Finally some sanity in this world. Make peace! Not war! The Iraqi government have something to teach to Obama.
Instead of doing a surge, we'll help unemployed people! Wouldn't that have been nice?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palestine :

Palestinians protest in J'lem against U.S. veto on UN settlements resolution (Israel Radio)

Israel army destroys tents, wells: Palestinians

Israeli troops on Tuesday destroyed several tents and two wells, including one from the Roman-era, near the West Bank city of Hebron, Palestinian witnesses told AFP.

And yesterday the Supreme Court said that Hebron had to be left alone... was that payback from angry IDF soldiers? After all, the extreme right wing wants to annex Hebron as it is very important to them. Me thinks this was done independently of the Israeli government.
Bahrain :

Bahrain's king to free political prisoners as protests continue (DPA)

Good. Now time to step down.

U.S. praises Bahrain for taking steps on dialogue (Reuters)

+1
Saudi Arabia :

Saudi king to return home Wednesday after treatment (Reuters)

So he's still alive... now that he's back home...people can revolt against him right?

Saudi Arabia seeks to calm market with words, but no extra oil (Reuters)

Of course. You love rising prices.
Jordan :

Jordan's Muslim opposition to resume protests (AP)

Morocco :

More pro-democracy protests in Morocco (DPA)

Israel :
Israel on high alert as Iran warships enter Med

Israel put its navy on high alert and said it would respond immediately to any "provocation" as two Iranian warships sailed through the Suez Canal into the Mediterranean on Tuesday.

Seriously, Lieberman annoys the hell out of me. I wish the bastard would just go away! Go back to Russia... if they even want you there! And it's not just the Israeli Lieberman that annoys me...

Jittery Israel spars with Iran's navy

Israel announced Tuesday it successfully tested its Arrow anti-ballistic weapon in what appeared to be a timely demonstration of its military might as Iranian warships deploy in the Mediterranean for the first time in three decades.

EU tells Israel: Growing Mideast instability makes peace talks imperative (AP)

+1

Reporter tries to put Lieberman under citizens arrest in Belgium (Haaretz)

That would have been nice. Arrest him for being an annoying nut.
Yemen :
Yemen's president compares protests to 'influenza'
Hopefully a deadly version of it.

Police crackdown kills 22 in Yemen

Thousands of Houthis Take to Streets in Support of Anti-Government Protests

Protesters take to the streets of Sanaa for 12th day but Saleh insists he will step down after serving his term.
LEAVE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.

Two anti-government protesters killed in Yemen, say witnesses (Reuters)

Libya :

Obama faces pressure to intervene in Libya (Reuters)

Find Gadafi and his sons, then drop a few cruise missiles up their butts.

Canada plans to evacuate citizens from Libya (Reuters)

Libya deploys troops in Tripoli suburb after protesters sack gov't buildings (Reuters)

Gadhafi speaks to Italian PM Berlusconi by phone, says Libya is fine (Reuters)

Truly insane.

U.S. urges united front against Libya's protest crackdown (DPA)

+1

Fidel Castro thinks U.S. will order NATO into Libya (DPA)

That won't happen.

Up to 1,000 anti-Gaddafi protesters in London (DPA)

Al-Jazeera says Libya is the source of its signal disruptions (AP)

1,500 Gaza students demonstrate in favor of Libyan leader Gadhafi's ouster (Ch. 10)

Israel weighing request to permit West Bank entry to Palestinians stuck in Libya (Israel Radio)

Weighing request? Are you kidding? People are being slaughtered and you're ``thinking`` about it?

Thousands of Tunisians living in Libya flee after bloody crackdown on protests (Reuters)

Jordan condemns military crackdown on Libyan civilians (DPA)

Libya envoy to U.S. tells Gadhafi 'to go and leave our people alone' (Reuters)

Turkish PM warns Libya against 'cruel steps' (Reuters)

Please Erdogan, bomb Gadafi.

Al Arabiya: Libya's Gadhafi will devolve power to local governments (Reuters)

Pulling a Mubarak. Sorry this ain't enough.

Now waiting at Egypt-Libya border. Tribes arguing with Egyptian police to let aid and journos through. #libya

Starting to see pro-#Gaddafi trolls on Twitter now. For now a petty nuisance, soon they'll be giving counter-reports to cast doubts. #Libya

Italy concerned over its energy as gas supplies from Libya dry up - Reuters

650 dead and climbing fast

#Gaddafi's ppl are cleaning the streets from blood removing dead bodies hiding all mercenaries, bc BBC is coming to #Tripoli.

AlArabiya_Eng We expect mass graves in Libya by the hands of Gaddafi men and mercenaries - ICC member #Libya #feb17 #gaddafi

AlArabiya_Eng: Militants do not allow people to carry corpses of the dead from the streets: Libya Today's website #alarabiya #Libya #feb17 #Feb17

BBC: #Germany's foreign minister: "If #Libya continues to use force against its own people, sanctions will become inevitable." #feb17

Later? You're kidding right? Sanctions should have been put RIGHT THE SECOND AFTER he started killing his own people... decades ago.

Reports from Malta, they are monitoring a naval "asset" from Libya

A ship defecting. They are afraid the Libyan airforce could sink it.

AJ International reports that Austria has sent troops to Malta to evacuate their citizens. Airport of Malta is starting to look like a "military base" with libyan Generals there and european countries evacuating their citizens.

Statement some Libyan Military personals asks all members of the Libyan Army 2 go 2 Tripoli & remove #Gaddafi

+1... from the reports it seems the airforce is with Gadafi, and the majority of the army is with the people... the airforce is bombing the army who is with the people. This is mostly because of the TRIBAL aspect of things. The tribe Gadafi is from is the fourth in population...and he had survived all those years because he made the other three top tribes fight among themselves... but now it's over. It's either civil war that awaits Libya, or Gadafi overthrown. Things will not get back to normal.

#Libya: "We have reached the point of no return. We know if we don´t die in the streets they´ll kill us in our houses" #Feb17

AJA : John Kerry demands all oil companies to halt their work in Libya and urges arabs and african nations to take harsh steps against libyan regime

+1 John Kerry having more balls than Obama.

Gadafi speech : Libya is the center of the world, europe, latin america, africa and asia are under the command of Libya

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight! Seriously dude... take your meds.

Gadafi speech : I can't resign, I'm not a leader, I'm the commander of a revolution and that is a life long mission, this is my country and my grandfather country

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight... meds, pronto!

Gadafi speech : Foreign powers want to give a bad image to Libya, they are rats

Yeah right. You're doing this by yourself you tard.

Gadafi speech : Libya rules the world from east to west thanks to me, I defeated Italy before, I will never leave, I will die as a martyr on this holy land until the end

Dude... MEDS!!!!!

Gadafi speech : US planes bombed the protesters, not me, I'm not a leader or an ordinary man, you can't kill me with poison, protesters are rats on drugs, Libya will never give up, we'll resist till the end, we'll go to war with protesters till the end

Gadafi speech : all men, women and children who loves me, the Gadafi revolution and the Gadafi resistance to go out in the streets and show your love for Gadafi, don't be afraid, if the protesters use force against you, we shall defend you with all we can according to Libyan law and international law

Totally insane.

Gadafi speech : I will not resign because I have nothing to resign, I have my weapon and will use it till the last drop of blood... protesters are terrorists led by Bin Laden and Al-Zawahiri, all those behind the protests will have the death penalty and will cry and beg me for forgiveness in court

EPIC INSANITY!

But even more insane :

Gadafi speech : he just stopped talking, said ``stop cheering and shooting in the air, let people listen``... but there's no sounds of cheering and firing... there's no one in front of him...since the speech is NOT live! All those who love Gadafi, go out in the streets and arrest protesters and bring them to justice!

Seriously, the guy is a freaking joke!

Now he's talking about Waco and the Branch Dravidians! Pity the poor TV interpreter having to sort through this. #Libya #Feb17

Gaddafi: when blacks revolted in California, Yeltsin sent the army to crush them. #Libya #Feb17 (Yes, he said that!)

Ok.... the guy doesn't know where California is... and this never happened.

#Gaddafi: This is the evil eye. I believe it now, this is the evil eye. #Libya #Feb17

Wut?

I will order arrests from house to house, from street to street from desert to desert and nobody will stop us! Tonight it will be peaceful, but tomorrow a holy march will start from house to house to root out the protestors!!

Dude... No. Just no.

#Gaddafi : we are free to use force to stop protesters, army and police have clear orders to eliminate and destroy them. WTF #libya #Feb17

You know gaddafi just confirmed that millions of mercenaries will come from sub Saharan Africa to kill our people? #gaddafi #Libya #feb17

Millions of mercenaries... RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT

And of course, to end the speech, Mutaseem, one of his son, which is a general, kisses him. How cute... NOT.

Qaddafi's Most Bizarre Moments in a Bizarre Speech

They are a group that are sick, taking hallucinatory drugs... They were given drugs, like in Tunisia, are just imitating... We won't lose victory from these greasy rats and cats.... They should be given a lesson and stop taking drugs. They're not good for you, for your heart. Don't destroy the country... Shame on you, you gangsters. Surrender, give up all weapons, or they'll have massacres, drugged kids with machine guns... tonight and tomorrow, youth, all of you, not those who are rats on drugs--form committees for security.

When Tiananmen Square happened, tanks were sent in to deal with them. It's not a joke. Do whatever it takes to stay united... People in front of tanks were crushed. The unity of China is more important than those people in Tiananmen Square.

Armed rebellion is another matter... We won't allow it. Unarmed incidents in Waco were dealt with by force... The Davidian cults in Waco were dealt with by armed vehicles.

He even speaks of himself at the third person...

Qaddafi has no rule if he's not the president, he's leader of a revolution, he has nothing to lose... We left the regime to the Libyan people. We don't have any authority.

#Libya Army is heading it's way West from #Benghazi ,the Army is expanding the "No-Gaddafi Land".Finally Libyans get their Freedom. #Feb17

#Gaddafi: I have not used force until now. But I will if need be. #Libya #Feb17

He opened the Green Book to read the punishment of traitors. Death, of course. #Libya #Feb17

#Gaddafi calls opposition Islamists, followers of Bin Laden whose actions will prompt military intervention from the US #Libya #Feb17

Even now, William Hague speakin live defends Tony #Blair's cosying with #Ghadaffi saying "that was the right thing to do" #feb17 #Libya

Scum, Tony Blair and Hague, both of them.

Helicopters circling Tripoli now. Gaddafi's soldiers are armed with machine guns with ammo

UK is sending a navy ship (HMS Cumberland) to international waters near Libya.

For evacuation purposes for now...

NickKristof Having failed to bomb his people into submission, Qaddafi is now using his TV speech to try to bore them to death.

More like kill them from laughter.

#Gaddafi live: Shoes are being thrown at screens in #Benghazi #Libya #Feb17

+1

#Gaddafi-paid mercenaries are blocking entrances into #Tripoli to prevent #Libyans from other cities from joining protests. #Feb17 #Libya

At least they are not mowing them down.

Libyan Envoy to Ask UN Security Council to Impose No-Fly Zone |Bloomberg| http://(link tracking not allowed)/hCPwh1 (expand) #Libya #Feb17

+1

Extremely heavy gunfire sounding now in Al Farnaj area

Someone told #AJA that #Gaddafi has burned all the bodies from yesterday's massacre to cover up his crime. #Libya #Feb17

heavy gunfire now in Benghazi, Tripoli and Tobruk

Some people are shooting back at Gaddafi goons

Al Jazeera: Sources: heavy gunfire in Jumhuria (Republic) Road in central Tripoli.

Libya was recently the rotating chair on the UN Council for Human Rights

The UN, as always, shows how sick it is.

Britain legitimized #Gaddafi for BP http://(link tracking not allowed)/eKIcbl

BP... what a good corporation... not.

Tunisians are waiting at the border with Medical Teams to take care of the wounded if you can reach there #Libya #Feb17

Good people those Tunisians.

hadeelalsh: New #Libya ambassador to India has taken office, denies "blood baths" on Al-Arabiya #Feb17

Where does he find that kind of sickos?

NicRobertsonCNN: #Tunisians set up soup kitchen at border serving bread and meat for Libyans fleeing country. #Libya

Abd alhakim alwalid from bani walid: There is big caravans moving towards tripoli to help tripoli and capture gaddafi dead or alive...the caravan have been on the move for two days, moves slowly and of road to evade air strikes....

Please let it be true... and that they reach the city as soon as possible.

Wurfla, #Libya's largest tribe, issues a war declaration and states its men are marching on #Tripoli to liberate it. #Feb17

+1

BBC Arabic: Libyan State TV: Those who hand over their weapons will be pardoned. #Libya

Yeah sure. Believe Qaddafi.

President of Nicaragua Daniel Ortega has called Gaddafi to give him his support. #Libya

Like Saudi Arabia gave their support to Mubarak.

‎ People in eastern Libya telling BBC's Jon Leyne they fear Gaddafi may use chemical/bio weapons as the end approaches.

Wouldn't surprise me. The guy is nuts. That's why NATO or anyone should do something before he killes tens of thousands with chemical weapons.

Maj. Gen. Abdulfattah Yunus (high ranking general and interior minister) says Gaddafi's men tried to shoot him but missed

And of course Gaddafi said he was dead, killed by protesters in his speech.

Libya's UN ambassador : I spoke to him [Gaddafi]. I told him: "Muammar, we are getting old, let's give our children a chance." He said: "We give our children plenty of chances." I told him: My children are not with us, they want change." He said: "My children want change, too."

Reports of "hundreds" of Tunisian youths joining armed resistance in #Libya

Opec to convene in emergency summit in Riad because of the situation in libya

Reuters: FLASH: Libyan army deploys in "large numbers" in Sabratah, west of Tripoli, after protesters destroy gov't buildings #Libya

SultanAlQassemi‎ Abdul Fattah Younis: From my knowledge of Gaddafi, he won't leave, he will stay to the end, but he will stay alone. #Libya

SultanAlQassemi‎ Abdul Fattah Younis: To Libyan people, you are a brave people, stand courageously, Libya will become a strong country. #Libya

+1

Tripolitanian‎ Protesters in #Tripoli have said they will continue protesting because they will die anyway if this revolution is not succesful. #Libya

Indeed. Just like Egyptians did.

SultanAlQassemi‎ AOL: Greece Set to Evacuate 15000 Chinese Nationals From #Libya

Sentletse‎ #AlJazeera says the AU is mum on #Libya because some leaders are terrified of Gaddafi. Poor things!

African Union... weaklings. Qaddafi is finished. What about manning up and calling him on his BS?

somaaammar ‎ Heavy deployment of mercenaries in the streets of Spratp

Two warships get across to Malta after their leaders rejected to bomb Benghazi.

Peru just suspended its diplomatic relations with Libya until violence against the people stops.

My Uncle Naser Amer, has just stated on Jazeera that he flew FOREIGN mercenaries into Benghazi he did not know until landed #Libya #Feb17

Don't worry people the #UN has a plan to save #Libya. They issued a press release - that should work. What a clever bunch of diplomats.

doctor in central hospital #tripoli: many dead last night, child shot in front of hosp, old man went to pick him up, shot also #feb17 #libya

Atef al-Atrash, Libyan journalist missing since Feb. 17. Disappeared after reporting live on Al Jazeera.#libya #un #gaddafi #feb17

Every town to benghazi a checkpoint. Reporters as rare as rain here. #libya #feb17

Libyan army in the Green Mountain officially announced joining the People's Revolution Smile #Libya #Feb17

#Libya: U.S. citizens wishing to depart should proceed to As-shahab Port as soon as possible after 9:00 am & arrive no later than 10:00 am to leave at 3PM

That is not long.

The #Libya -n government are sending SMS asking people to go back to there normal lives from tomorrow morning, According to sources. #Feb17

Update #OpLibya: Al Jabal Al Akhdar battalion defects and joins protesters liveword.ca... #libya #feb17

ShababLibya People in #Tripoli are very scared and some just want the violence to be over. I hope they get the help and fast.

#Tripoli: "They are opening up facebook and the phone lines to intimidate us and we are scared of what he has in store" #Gadaffi #libya

Gaddafi's Next Move: Sabotage Oil and Sow Chaos?

There's been virtually no reliable information coming out of Tripoli, but a source close to the Gaddafi regime I did manage to get hold of told me the already terrible situation in Libya will get much worse. Among other things, Gaddafi has ordered security services to start sabotaging oil facilities. They will start by blowing up several oil pipelines, cutting off flow to Mediterranean ports. The sabotage, according to the insider, is meant to serve as a message to Libya's rebellious tribes: It's either me or chaos.

Libyan Tribal Map: Network of loyalties that will determine Gaddafi's fate

Libyan tribes played an important role in the country's fight against Ottoman, and later Italian, colonialism, with many Libyan tribal members sacrificing their lives in this war. It is believed that there are currently around 140 different tribes and clans in Libya, many of which have influences and members outside of the country, from Tunisia to Egypt to Chad. However Dr. Faraj Abdulaziz Najam, a Libyan specialist in Social Sciences and History, told Asharq Al-Awsat that the Libyan tribes and clans that have genuine and demonstrable influence on the country number no more than 30 [tribes and family clans].

In a country that has lived under the brutal dictatorship of one man for more than forty years, namely Colonel Muammar Gaddafi –of the Gaddafi tribe – the majority of Libyans depend on their tribal connection in order to obtain their rights, and for protection, and even in order to find a job, particularly in the state apparatus. In a study conducted by Dr. Amal al-Obeidi at the University of Garyounis in Benghazi, it was revealed that the two largest and most influential Arab tribes in Libya originated from the Arab Peninsula, and these are the Beni Salim tribe that settled in Cyrenaica, the eastern coastal region of Libya, and the Beni Hilal that settled in western Libya around Tripoli. However other Libyan researchers and expert also revealed that around 15 percent of the Libyan population have no tribal affiliation whatsoever, being descendents of the Berber, Turkish, and other communities.

The degree of political allegiance to the ruling regime in Tripoli varies from one tribe to the next, particularly over the forty years that Gaddafi has been in power. The tribe which has the strongest, and longest, ties to the Gaddafi region is the Magariha tribe, who which has yet to announce their position on the bloody demonstrations that have been taking place across the country for the past week. Former Libyan Prime Minister Abdessalam Jalloud, widely regarded as Gaddafi's right-hand man for much of his reign, is a member of the Magariha tribe. Gaddafi's own tribe, the Gaddafi tribe, had historically not been an important tribe in Libya prior to Colonel Gaddafi's ascent to power, and the Gaddafi tribe was not known for playing a major role in Libya's right against colonialism over the last 200 years.

Interesting article.

Gaddafis' hidden billions: Dubai banks, plush London pads and Italian water

Professor Tim Niblock, a specialist in Middle Eastern politics at the University of Exeter, has identified a "gap" of several billion dollars a year between the amount Libya makes from its oil reserves and government spending – a shortfall he expects has contributed greatly to the wealth of Muammar Gaddafi and his nine children.....

Gaddafi under pressure as Libyan death toll mounts

Tripoli/Cairo - Libyan leader Moamer Gaddafi moved to assuage furious protesters with the promise of 'big reforms' Tuesday as estimates on the death toll among anti-government demonstrators entered four-digit figures.

With more and more bodies found in the capital Tripoli, opposition groups and the Arab media spoke of more than 560 dead and 1,400 people still missing since the unrest began last week...

UN ambassadors clash over condemnation of Gaddafi

Russia and China show reluctance to join other security council members' plan to put pressure on Libyan leader

And China is gonna be the new ``leader`` nice...

Libya embassy in Malaysia condemns 'barbaric, criminal massacre' of protesters (Reuters)

Iran condemns Libya's violent crackdown against protesters (DPA)

Ain't that ironic... but at least Iran wasn't THAT violent compared to that nutjob Gadafi.

Hamas calls for a solidarity march in support of Libyan people (Israel Radio)

Egypt FM: Runways at Benghazi airport have been destroyed in Libya violence (Reuters)

And that is Gadafi work.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

I've always thought it's possible, I just didn't think anyone would admit it..

To be honest, I find that having nuclear subs parked just outside Iran is pretty damn awesome.. I mean, it's not like they're not trying to spy on us, right? And it's not like they don't have rockets aimed at us, right?

But, yeah, provocative. I wonder why the Iranians aren't making a big deal out of it.. I guess 'out of sight, out of mind'..

top topics

<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join