It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Middle East on fire

page: 62
<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Well if you were still in Cairo today because you didn't know what was happening/didn't want to have trouble... you would be a retard since this all started a week ago and the biggest protests were in Cairo. So those who are still ``stuck`` in Cairo deserve it.

Aljazeera : over 2 million protesting in cairo today

Hospitals in #Alexandria 'overloaded' with protestors injured in clashes with the police #Egypt #Jan25

protestors stops a car FULL of heavy weapons on its way in to tahrir square

Of course those weapons were brought in by the SECURITY FORCES...which are loyal to Mubarak. The army is now after them trying to find those who try to smuggle weapons in.

"Clashes with police in Alexandria, Mansoura, Damnahour.. Injured already reported in Alexandria !!"

protesters marching in Alexandria, local lawyers association and judges 'Law Asssociation says Down, Down with Mubarak.".

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

In a week our numbers have grown to millions. We will stay in Tahrir sq. until Mubarak is out. #jan25

Reports that a huge march of Coptic Christians is heading from Shubra to Tahrir Square! Go #Egypt #jan25

AlArabiya_Eng: Egypt debt rating downgraded by Standard & Poor's #egypt #cairo #jan25 #FREEEGYPT #Internet #25jan

Al Jazeera Arabic: Reports that a pro-Mubarak rally of several hundred are heading towards Meydan Tahrir. #Jan25

AlArabiya_Eng: ElBaradei wants 'safe exit' for Egypt's Mubarak #Jan25 #Jan28 #Egypt #Cairo #FREEGYPT

Protesters make human chain around Army check points to keep them safe #egypt #jan25

BREAKING: US State Dept orders departure of all non-emergency US govt personnel and families from #egypt #jan25

Tanks and troops stationed along the route of the march being held in cairo #jan25 #egypt

***BREAKING*** #Alexandria demonstrators also reached million man figure according to #Aljazeera #Jan25 #Egypt #Tahrir

AJ Live:

Woman:

to Mubarak's regime, we're just cockroaches

Looks like the new jordanian cabinet is as funny as Mubarak's new cabinet. #Jan25

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Actually if *I* personally was still in Cairo it would be because I was in Tahrir Square
alongside friends and colleagues (yes the middle classes) and I yep, I guess that would make me a retard

I've personally seen how badly treated Egyptians are at the hands of their police
.. I found it quite sickening and never got used to seeing them beat the street kids, they are bullies with guns
So I'm "really" glad the people are making their voices heard.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

I agree, the Israeli-U.S partnership touches on every subject of middle eastern politics, *but it isn't in the center of every occurrence in the middle east!* (Which in this case is the autocratic regime in Egypt).

You can not just ignore British and French colonialism, the Soviets, the Pan Arabic alliance, the oil, Iran-Hamas, Syria-Hezbollah, Saudi's influence, etc (Basically- The entire history of the region), and just put Israeli-U.S relations in the center of all things, otherwise you'd come up with gems like "Mubarak oppressed his people for 30 years because of Israeli security".
Take off those narrative goggles, I can see why you might not like Israel, and I respect that, I don't like Israel all the time either, but you've got to stay connected to reality, regardless of your political views.

Mossad and CIA? Israel is a part of the region, how wouldn't it affect it, for christ's sake, but even then it has never been on the same level as the CIA has, and yet again you're fixated on the U.S and are ignoring Soviet influence, British influence, French influence.. All these nations butted in and turned this place into place it is today.

The entire region is centered around Israel, and historically it is both Israeli land, and Israeli security that is the overwhelming motivator in the region. If not for Israel, the USA would not even need presence in that part of the region, being content with presence in the oil and poppy fields to the east.

Oh.. I thought it was control of oil...

And please, stop with cheap insults

It wasn't meant as an insult, but as an observation. You completely ignored Egypt's history when you made your assertion that Israel is at fault for Egypt's dictatorship, which led me to believe you're lacking in historical knowledge, and your willingness to blame Israel for every atrocity under the sun leads me to believe your opinion is extremely one sided and unbalanced.
I apologize if it seemed offensive.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

JORDANIAN government have resigned amid protests in the country!!

I'm assuming this move was driven by the king behind the scenes?

Will changing governments even change anything in a country where the ruler behind the scenes is the king?

"among all the signs about 95% anti mubark, 4% anti USA, 1% anti Israël"

This is a good sign. I keep telling everyone in Israel that this revolution is a good thing, that this will work in everyone's advantage.

When will they admit AT LEAST a million? This is ridiculous!

How can *you* tell it's at least a million?

Will Syria/Saudi Arabia do the same to avoid a revolution?

Don't know about Saudi, but I think that trick would be difficult to pule in Syria..

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I hate to say it but after much study this is a nwo regime change. Soros,CFR et al are behind this and these brave people are just "useful idiots". They'll get either a new puppet that will be pushed upon them or they'll have to keep Mubarak.

Thats why it hasnt ended ElBarabei (CFR) hasnt been embraced like the puppetmasters had hoped. Thats the thing about "useful idiots" once you unleash them,they're hard to control enmass.

If you study the profiles of the active tweeters that are somehow majically (cia sattellitte phones)still tweeting from Egypt and the profiles of their followers it all becomes clear. Facts are facts,and these marxist,progressive liberal pushers are the ones with Egyptian blood on their hands.

I'll do a thread on it soon,I've done my homework on this and we'll discuss my points and proof there. Sorry, all revolutions in history have powerful forces behind them and this one is no different. The NWO is marching,prepare accordingly cause its not over yet.
edit on 2/1/11 by nickoli because: sp to add

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
HOLY **** on a ****stick BBC was reporting that Al arabiya was reporting that mabarack would step down next election and that would be conformed in a televised address. 2nd line for epic awesomeness although i doubt this will appease the protesters that want him out by friday if even what alarabiya is true i hope it is

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Panicked young soldier pulls pistol out on protesters

Truly powerful scenes- If you look at the guy's face you can see that he's completely and utterly terrified.

To his credit- As scared as he was, he didn't shoot.

Edit- Also I should mention the intense coverage of the situation in Egypt by Israeli news channels and papers- Sunday's "Israel Hayom" paper had 25 out of 40 pages on the Egyptian revolution.

So far there is a lot of support for the protesters in all Israeli news channels while at the same time there is an ongoing debate about the possibility of the Muslim Brothers/Radical Islam taking over Egypt at the end of it all.
edit on 1-2-2011 by Eliad because: Added second part.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Indeed. I am not capable of imagining the stress these guys have been going through in the last couple of days. The situations in Egypt and nearby countries are pretty desperate and the next couple of days are going to be vital for the end game phase of their actions.

ETA:

www.foxnews.com...

It is a little too late for him to do that, though.
edit on 1-2-2011 by flk1331 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Mubarack speaking right now he is saying protests have been manipulated by political forces...he just doesn't seem to get it....says he will die on egpyt soil...Protestors are pretty pumped up chanting "leave, leave" I think they are going to march on the place soon as their demands were not met
edit on 1-2-2011 by Canadianpride420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I dont know when the Egyptian elections are held but if Mubarak stays untill then,its bad news for the organizers of this movement and the key players. Can you say disappear? Thats what they better be doing if this speach takes the fire out of the movement.

Many will be disappeared,his hated police will take care of them. IOW they cant stop now and since they refused to accept there appointed puppet their little network will be crushed brutally. Politics is a full contact sport better not get involved in these type things if you dont know the game.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by nickoli

This is more the people just fed up with mubarack's BS more than anything else...sure some political opposition may be taking part in some protests but this is a peoples protest

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Canadianpride420

I would like to add that some of the interviewed people in Tahrir Square have made bitter statements about Mubarak's political opponents, saying that, as you stated, it's their revolution, not a political game and that they should focus on removing Mubarak from power first.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Things getting violent in alexandria sry for one line but put on al jazeera now its chaos!

Shots being fired by the military to bring things to acalm....pro mubarack and anti mubarack groups clashing...

Might not be pro mubarack crowd one demonstrater says security forces approached anti mubarack crowd with weapons and that sparked this....

Al Jazeera is offically the best news station in the world...live feed of alexandria they captured the whole conflict it was awesone

We got pro mubarack groups in cairo now approcaching the protestors...about 300 or so riding motorcycles and driving cars

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Told you,you better get up to speed. These groups are in big trouble now at least the organizers are. Mubarak saying he'll leave will take the fire out of the revolt and many will not show tomorrow leaving the core and they'll be slaughtered,Mubarak made a masterful move in that speech. Oh I hate him he is evil and all but you see the left calling him evil now but Clinton,Carter et al sent him money too. This aint play,this is hardball,kiddies stay home.

Edit heard the machine gun,thats a heavy machine gun,it belongs to the army its fixed not shoulder fired.
edit on 2/1/11 by nickoli because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Palestinian Authority to hold local council elections as soon as possible (AP)

Report: Turkish authorities to remove monument honoring Armenia friendship (AP)

U.S. sanctions 6 Iranian, Turkish firms for missile aid (Reuters)

Still no sanctions on the CHINESE corporations who built a MISSILE FACTORY in Iran? No?

Barak, Netanyahu announce Galant no longer new IDF chief (Haaretz)

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD. Galant was a war criminal and a crook.

German FM to Egypt: Give democracy movement a chance (DPA)

Report: Obama envoy tells Mubarak his time is up (AP)

Mubarak: Riots organized by political groups that wanted to threaten stability (Haaretz)

Mubarak: There are political forces holding on to private agendas (Haaretz)

Mubarak: It is not in my nature to give up responsibility (Haaretz)

Translation : I'm not leaving.

Mubarak: I never wanted power or prestige, people know what I have given to their homeland (Haaretz)

Lie.

Mubarak: I will pursue transfer of power in a way that will fulfill the people's demands (Haaretz)

Hmmm no. The people wants you gone NOW.

Mubarak: I ask censorship authorities to carry out every measure to pursue the corrupt (Haaretz)

Censorship authorities? Pursue the corrupt? So journalists who reported the truth are gonna disappear?

U.S. sees Suez Canal closure amid Egypt unrest as inconceivable (Reuters)

Yeah hopefully there's no surprise there.

ElBaradei says he will consider running for Egypt president in Sept. (Reuters)

+1

ElBaradei: Mubarak statement is a 'trick' to stay in power (Reuters)

+1

Obama set to make statement on Egypt crisis (News Agencies)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
It may be a dirty move on Mubarak's half. The people are starving and are enduring the conditions of the revolution, as we may call it now, but nonetheless, they're not backing up. Don't forget that maybe not the entire army is sided with the people. Some could still be loyal to the gvt. Nights are always bad in these situations. Things can go haywire anytime soon in Egypt. I don't like it. A lot of blood was, is and will be spilled just because of one man's obsession.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Dont spin this,the radical left is behind this, yet Clinton Carter Democratic congresses are just as guilty of supporting Mubarak for years too. They were sloppy, its a different world, you cant hide these type things like before.

This is a color revolution, formulated by the radical left, thats all it is, and they have failed. Mubarak will kill these useful idiots now you watch,its over now,he'll leave, after he is done killing alot of people.

These useful idiots can be replaced, the big players behind this know that,Mubarak knows this so he'll go,but the useful idiots, they'll be slaughtered.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by nickoli

These useful idiots can be replaced, the big players behind this know that,Mubarak knows this so he'll go,but the useful idiots, they'll be slaughtered.

I don't see it ending if they do that...
Killing too many will lead to more riots, not just in Egypt but in other countries aswell..
News spreads too fast nowadays to stop it..

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

They always get rid of the useful idiots,history proves this. Time will tell but I am right,not arrogant,I got alot of time researching my theorys and I changed my mind,I wont do a thread. I dont have to,I gave you the key if you'll just do the research.

top topics

<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join