It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Middle East on fire

page: 59
<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

The really wild thing is that, in Egypt at least, the army has been the major force for political liberalization. They're the one who pressed for public education, for instance.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that the Egyptian army was first created by an American

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

That is good, because the alternative being that if the Egyptian army massacred it's people, then the entire world would have to do something...WWIII...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/821c57bbd38f.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Sorry it took me so long to reply, had to run off to work..

Egyptians look at that border and say to themselves, "We're better people than this."

Errr, okay.. I can accept that, but that isn't exactly "for the last 30 years he's crushed his own people to support amongst other things, Israeli security", now is it? More like.. For the last 30 years he's made his own people feel kind of bad about themselves to support, amongst other things, Israeli security.. Well, I can live with that on my conscience.

Which is a valid reason for worry, given Israel's proven history of doing ridiculously stupid things. Having the unquestioned backing of a superpower has that effect.

Instead of writing the long nasty and sarcastic response I had in mind, I'll just say this-
Both of us know nothing is going to happen between Israel and Egypt anytime soon, and your attempt to make Israel seem like a petty little crazy person is based on flawed logic, centered around slamming Israel (Which is beneath you, if you ask me). We can continue this via U2U, if you're really interested.

Peace is just the lulls between conflicts.

Us, me and you, the people.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Also because Army service is compulsory for Egyptian men between 18-30. So it IS the people.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eliad
Errr, okay.. I can accept that, but that isn't exactly "for the last 30 years he's crushed his own people to support amongst other things, Israeli security", now is it? More like.. For the last 30 years he's made his own people feel kind of bad about themselves to support, amongst other things, Israeli security.. Well, I can live with that on my conscience.

Well, I wasn't making the claim that he's been crushing his own people for Israel's sake; that's certainly not true. But you did ask how supporting Israel hurts the people of Egypt, and there's your answer. Your average Egyptian looks at their closing of Gaza pretty much like how the average American looks at keeping Guantanamo Bay open. Politically, it's an open wound.

Instead of writing the long nasty and sarcastic response I had in mind, I'll just say this-
Both of us know nothing is going to happen between Israel and Egypt anytime soon, and your attempt to make Israel seem like a petty little crazy person is based on flawed logic, centered around slamming Israel (Which is beneath you, if you ask me). We can continue this via U2U, if you're really interested.

That you felt the need to write out such a reply kind of tells me you probably have more of an axe to grind on the subject than I do. Israel is certainly no paragon of virtue, and I see no reason to pretend it is. It does maintain a lot of very irrational and counter-productive policies, it has often engaged in military ventures that bring nothing but harm to the people of Israel and its neighbors, and it probably does this because it has the unyielding backing of the United States. I imagine if the US were to take a more neutral stance - say on par with how we treat the UK or Canada, even - Israeli policy would start making more sense almost overnight.

I don't see Israel as the "evil overlord" that you might find from other posters. However, "petty" and "irrational" are fitting descriptors. It's not a "slam," it's just me drawing an informed judgment from the situation at hand.

We both know that Israel isn't likely to make a move on Egypt. However, i'm not going to rule it out as totally impossible. if the US gives a green light, my money will be on Israel doing something

(That's another thing; I don't think Israel controls the US, I realize that if anything, it's hte other way around
)
edit on 31-1-2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

We can debate the matter in U2U if you're really interested in hearing what I have to say on it.

I think that even with a green light from the U.S there is nothing for Israel to gain from attacking Egypt.

Gaining land? That's not going to happen. Securing the border with Gaza? No one knows yet how they're going to handle it. Weakening the Egyptian army? By attacking? If they want to attack let them grind against our defenses.

As I said, it is beneath you, I find you to be reasonable person, logical, which is why I didn't get why you were making such leaps of logic to make Israel seem so petty and hostile.

At any rate this is not the place, so either we end it at that, or you U2U me and explain what makes you think the 67' war was started based on a hunch...

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

We (here on ATS) could debate wars and viewpoints of those wars until were blue in the face ...or until MY OPINION>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>your opinion creeps in
But what i'm seeing here is historic, anger throughout the M.E. at how the people are being treated regardless of nationality binding together under one cause "Freedom" whether that be of expression speech or opinions of the government pro or anti to be listened to and acknowledged.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

We can debate the matter in U2U if you're really interested in hearing what I have to say on it.

I think that even with a green light from the U.S there is nothing for Israel to gain from attacking Egypt.

Gaining land? That's not going to happen. Securing the border with Gaza? No one knows yet how they're going to handle it. Weakening the Egyptian army? By attacking? If they want to attack let them grind against our defenses.

Israel didn't stand to gain much from attacking Egypt in 1956, either; except the favor of France and the UK. Still, they attacked Egypt. So I have a niggling notion that Israel very well might have a go at it to prove its bestest-buddy status with the US, if the US gives the go-ahead. Even though it's not really in the interests of the Israeli people to do so. 'Course you know as well as I do that what the governments want is often a very different thing from what the people want.

As I said, it is beneath you, I find you to be reasonable person, logical, which is why I didn't get why you were making such leaps of logic to make Israel seem so petty and hostile.

I'm hardly making leaps of logic. I'm making allowance for a possibility. It may be a slim possibility, but it's there. Saying that Israel would absolutely never contemplate such a thing is actually the irrational position. Of course they would, if the gains were judged to be great enough versus the cost. And if the US were to volunteer to offset those costs?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Israel didn't stand to gain much from attacking Egypt in 1956

56' was 56'.. There were a myriad of political conditions that led to that attack, all of which are lacking at this point.

So I have a niggling notion that Israel very well might have a go at it to prove its bestest-buddy status with the US, if the US gives the go-ahead

If America says jump...

But if it just gives it the green light, I really don't think Israel would want to go for it.

And again, this is highly hypothetical, and unlikely to happen, so what's the point of discussing it?

'Course you know as well as I do that what the governments want is often a very different thing from what the people want.

Tru dat.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

Imagine if the orthodox Jewish party took over the Israeli government.. What would your thoughts be on that?

They already did! They are called Netanyahu!
And because of Ehud Barak little trick, the coalition have just gotten stronger. Time for Israelis to elect a government that is not crazy.

Even a temporary dissident group could hold hostages for demands if the revolution turns south and there is a fragmented power base in Egypt.

Totally possible.

Is there a shortage of gravel in Gaza, that I have not heard of?

Actually yes there is. They cannot import many things, no building material, especially concrete because it could be used to build ``bunkers``.

News Aljazeera: The PRC has refused to allow police to enter Alexandria

+1

#Jan25 #aljazeera #Egypt Egypt stopped train services fearing to transfer more people to main squares

President = military general
PM = military general
Vice President = army general
Interior minister = army general

That's a democracy right there!

Netanyahu : Mubarak have made mistakes, but have done important things and he is guaranteer/keeper of peace : aljazeera live

Netanyahu... seriously.

Morocco royal family member: Our country will not escape spreading Arab unrest (DPA)

Finally one high ranking guy who faces the reality.

Egypt banks close on Tuesday, no date set for reopen (Reuters)

Report: Syria will not grant IAEA inspectors unrestricted access to possible nuclear sites (Reuters)

Still no IAEA in Pakistan/India/Israel/North Korea.

Egypt to shut down rail system ahead of Tuesday's 'million man march' (DPA)

Of course. And with fuel being scarce across Egypt, it will be hard to make it to Cairo.

Egypt releases detained Al-Jazeera journalists (Reuters)

+1

Israel allows Egypt troops in Sinai for fist time since 1979 peace treaty (AP)

AP is what... 12+ hours late on that news?

Germany's Merkel: Israel-Palestinian talks must move forward in light of Egypt riots (Haaretz)

Right now? Really? With the Palestine papers released, protests against Abbas, and the continuing of settlements building in East Jerusalem?

Netanyahu: What happened in Iran could happen in Egypt (Haaretz)

Hmm no. Egypt is very different. Or you know it could be like Saudi Arabia...another bunch of radical extremists but who are bought and paid for.

U.K. defense secretary: Iran could have nuclear weapon by 2012 (AP)

Been said every year since the 90s. ``Iran is getting nukes next year``... tiring.

Hezbollah releases statement supporting Egypt protesters (Israel Radio)

Obama officials: U.S. seeks credible Egypt elections (AP)

Like the US elections with electronic voting? Or with the crooked candidates where both sides are bought and paid for?

Rocket lands in city of Netivot; no initial reports on injuries or damage (Haaretz)

Hopefully this won't trigger Cast Lead 2.

U.S. sends special envoy to Egypt to press for democratic reforms (AP)

Reforms... what about convincing Mubarak to leave?

State Dept: 1,200 Americans evacuated from Egypt (AP)

About 1200 left who wanted to leave.

Egypt to shut down mobile phone networks ahead of Tuesday million man march (DPA)

Hamas blocks Egypt solidarity demonstrations in Gaza, Human Rights Watch says (DPA)

Arabeya: Former Trade Minister Rasheed declines to be part of the new government and declines post, so did Boutros-Ghali (Finance Minster)

At least one have a conscience.

Sofian M Ali Enough is Enough.......The Police Forces are back now and all of the sudden they are talking to all the international media and saying that they were wearing Civil clothing to protect themselves but they were protecting the country and the people

Epic lies.

AJEnglish‎ #Egypt names Mahmoud Wagdy, former head of the country's prisons, as new interior minister, responsible for police

Some Cairo life returns..some shops open, traffic on streets, police are back, but calls for a strike and march.

jranck: Egyptian Internet Blackout Cripples E-Commerce in Egypt

Of course.

Dan Nolan Al-Jazeera : 4 soldiers entered room took our camera. We are under military arrest

Apparently they released them later... but I doubt they gave them their camera back.

DPA: Israeli President: A fanatic religious regime in Egypt not better than a lack of democracy

Pakistan's nuclear arsenal tops 100: report

Pakistan has doubled its nuclear weapons stockpile over the past several years, increasing its arsenal to more than 100 deployed weapons, The Washington Post reported late Sunday.

They now have more nukes than India.

"Something big was brought into the Gaza Strip," said an informed security official.
They think it might be anti-air missiles. But eh, I wouldn't give much credence to this since since they broke the wall, the Israel-Egypt army was already there. And also the source is WND... neo-cons.

The cost of insuring Egyptian government debt against non-payment continued to rise Monday after Moody's Investors Service downgraded the country's credit rating amid ongoing political unrest. Spreads on five-year credit default swaps, or CDS, widened to 450 basis points from 428 on Friday, according to data provider Markit.
Certainly not helping.

Rep. Ron Paul calls Egypt a "mess" made by U.S. intervention

More news coming up.
edit on 31-1-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Mood on #Alexandria streets more determined than ever, now calling for #Mubarak execution not just his ouster

+1

ATMs Running Out Of Cash In Egypt, While Traders Pull Up To $500 Million Per Day From Country

Not helping things..

Skynews : Soldiers have been firing rounds from a heavy artillery gun into the air amid angry scenes in the Egyptian city of Alexandria.

Army drive thru center #Alexandria firing heavy machine guns.

To scare people.

Danish shipping, oil giant Maersk says suspending activities in Egypt -

RT @jpmlynch: Pro-Mubarak march toward Tahrir expected from Ramses Sq. Army closing roads in surrounding area. Violence expected. #Jan25 #Egypt.

EGYPT’S military will continue to operate the Suez Canal throughout the threatened general strike, although all other port activity in the country would come to a standstill, according to a prominent ex-pat source in Alexandria

bencnn: Lots of gunfire in Maadi. Many foreigners, Egyptians have left or are leaving. Stores full of buyers stocking up. #Jan28 #Egypt

more passages of F-16s over Alexandria with sonic booms at low altitude

People in alexandria driving with megafones calling for big demonstrations tomorrow!

+1

stbwien: Russian crew films soldiers in #egypt confiscating cameras from journos at #Cairo's int. airport

qualiabyte: A nation starved at gunpoint... | #Egypt Rapidly Running Out Of Food

AJ : Ministry of traffic in flames.

new cabinet is trying to command the army. Order has been given to fire on any protesters not obeying instructions

Hopefully they don't follow those orders.

Breaking: people on tahrir square refuse the new goverment!!

+1

Al Arabiya: Mubarak is currently meeting with the newly appointed cabinet.

While nobody accepts them.

shabbirh: reports: over 300,000 protesters have gathered in #tahrirsquare #cairo #egypt #resistance #jan25 viva la revolucion #die #mubarak #die

+1

Umm_Issa: The Al-Jazeera 6 have been released. However their equipment remains in custody #Jan25 #Egypt

See?

I am hearing increasing reports of people buying guns off the black market. Things could turn pretty violent!

Duh.

MediaFocusUK: army building a 1m high concrete wall around Tahrir Square #Jan25 #Egypt start of something big?

Which is gonna be brought down tomorrow.

Arabeya: Call in from Refaat El Said (Opposition leader) worried of clashes tomorrow between the people and the army

Yep. The army is doing nothing. They are not siding with the government, but not with the people either.

Jimmy Carter says ‘people have decided’ in Egypt

+1

RT @iyad_elbaghdadi: #Alexandria: Neighborhood watches refuse to allow policemen back into neighborhoods #Egypt #Jan25 #Tahrir

+1

Al Jazeera: former military intelligence officer saying environment for coup coming soon #egypt #jan25

+1

And now why lots of people in the US and in Israel are afraid of ``democracy`` in Egypt...

If this poll is to believed :

Islamist Future Looms in the Mideast

The latest Pew poll finds considerable favor for Islamists among Egyptians (30% Hezbollah, 49% Hamas, and 20% al Qaeda). Egyptians, according to Pew, overwhelmingly (95%) welcome Islamic influence over their country’s politics, including 82% support for severe laws such as stoning for those who commit adultery, while 77% support whippings and hands cut off for robbery and 84% favor the death penalty for any Muslim who changes his religion.

Now... is that poll right? Only people on the ground would know. Hezbollah was elected, Hezbollah too, Al-Ciada is seen as the ones striking back at the ``evil ones`` who funded and armed those who have been oppressing and exploiting them all their life. As for the other percentages, they are quite scary if true. Death penalty for changing religion? Really?

I doubt this poll is really reflecting the views of the Egyptians. Remember that you can make any poll say anything.

Sudan protestor 'dies after police assault' in Khartoum, Sudan

And if that bastard Mubarak doesn't resign, I bet extremists groups are gonna gain ground since ``peaceful protests`` didn't work. Wouldn't surprise me if Mubarak ain't overthrown and the protests calm down we see car bombs and the like.

And a lot of what is happening in the middle-east is due to (hyper)inflation of basic necessities... due to the Egyptian peg to the dollar... due to Bernanke's QE2.

More news coming up.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

RT @ajtalk AJ Talk Reporter : More than 150 Thousand protesters In Alexandria Heading to Egypt Station

Egypt station being the train station in Alexandria.

Egypt opposition says won't accept new government

WTNH: RT @abc: RT @laraabcnews: Massive tank presence and concrete barriers going up along the Nile, blocking protests #Jan25 #Egypt

Army numbers constantly reducing in Cairo

India Airlines is asking 1.000 USD to get people out of Egypt. That is more than double the normal price!

300 000 people in tahrir square (central cairo)
100 000 people in madina el mahala (antother square in cairo)

Egypt death toll hits at least 138, according to Reuters tally of reports from medical sources, hospitals, witnesses

CNN: About 52,000 Americans were estimated to be in Egypt. As of Monday, about 2,400 have asked for help getting out of the country

1200 have left so far.

Protesters give army deadline to choose sides

Oh boy.

Number of protesters in Tahrir Square now at 500,000

Al Jazeera: Mubarak's former officer manager "The President didn't care about reports concerning the well-being of the Egyptian people"

Egyptian TV is actually broadcasting images of protestors in Tahrir. Up until now they been censoring these images

That is quite major.

NBC News--Muslim Brotherhood says it rejects new government, calls on Egyptians to continue with demonstrations until regime has fallen

+1

Just left Tora prison: standoff between prisoners inside and army continues, with live fire audible from army or police positions shooting into the prison. Army refused Human Rights Watch access. Soldiers threatened to shoot us if we didn't leave.

How nice.

RT @SabzBrach: AJE reports Muslim Brotherhood's first protest is being held in Shubra (north of Tahrir Sq). #egypt #jan25

Christians and Muslims work together to provide security in Alexandria

ericstraatsma: #Egyptians experience long lines for bread, water, gasoline. #Mubarak #Egypt #jan25

military from other areas will be relocated overnight towards Cairo ready for the major demo tomorrow

muslim brotherhood planning their own march tomorrow to join up with the primary one in Freedom Square

Sky News reporters in Cairo attacked by Muslim Brotherhood members for being "too pro-Muburak" .

Al Jazeera: 120,000 protesters take to the streets in Mansoura demanding Mubarak steps down (pop 420,000, 120 km NE of Cairo)
Al Jazeera: 50,000 protesters in Beni Suef (115 km/72 miles south of Cairo. Population 220,000) demand end to Mubarak's rule.

Police not redeployed yet. At Cairo/Giza interior ministries earlier, saw dozens loading up in trucks; but still not visible in many areas

Driving arnd Cairo there r more checkpoints than I've ever seen -- easily, every 2 blocks. Sometimes it's the army, sometimes local watch.

Times photojournalist has had his photographs and memory cards confiscated by army #Jan25 #Egypt

Hussein Salem caught in Dubai with $500m

Hussein Salem, an Egyptian partner of Israeli businessman Yosef Maiman in the East Mediterranean Gas Company (EMG), which has long term agreements to supply natural gas to Israel, has been caught in Dubai with $500 million in cash in his possession, according to agency reports this morning.

Leaving the boat? And... how the hell do you transport 500 million$ in cash?

In a few hours it will be the ``million march`` on Cairo. They expect 4 million people in Cairo! Insane.

More news coming up.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

"Egyptian Television is quoting a military source on their banner saying: we will not use force against the Egyptian people."

+1

CIA chief meets Saudi Interior Minister

What are they planning... save the Saudi government from protests?

AJ reporting the Army has completely sealed off Tahrir square with concrete barricades.

They won't last.

Sky report some tanks have been withdrawn from Square.

+1

RT @Farrah3m: People are trying to get to CAIRO, to join the MILLION MARCH, but they have LOCKED DOWN ALL ENTRANCES TO CAIRO! #jan25 #egypt

They will be overwhelmed.

AFP: Egypt army considers people's demands 'legitimate'

+1

Wael Tawfik The Egyptian TV is turning the poor classes against the protesters. They are accusing them of being the reason for the lack of food! We have to take down the government TV (peacefully if possible)

Good luck with that since the State TV is fortified and protected by Mubarak's special forces who will fire. You would need the army with a few tanks to take it.

aljazeera Reports that clans in Egyptian Rafah are protecting police/internal security forces, while Bedouin clans try to attack them.

RT @nicolealjazeera: At Gaza's Rafah crossing you can hear heavy gunfire in the Egyptian town of Rafah. A government building was also on fire.

RT @AmoonaE: BREAKING: via phone from an egyptian friend #Suez is being surrounded no food supplies is being allowed to go in #Jan25. (via @TrellaLB)

Looters pillage Egyptian antiquities warehouses

Sad.

On patrol, met stock broker: "The market has crashed, tourism collapsed, nothing's working. What more can Mubarak destroy?" #Egypt #Jan25 6 minutes ago via web

Stock broker: "Mubarak's internet crackdown, cellphone cut, bloody attacks on protesters have killed confidence in Egyptian economy #Egypt 1 minute ago via web

SuadHani: Million Man March planned for Alexandria alongside the million man march planned for Cairo cuz trains are down #egypt #jan25

+1

Small group of Marines sent to Cairo to protect the embassy as per CNN.

URGENT: dissenting Army officers in ranks of General, Colonel, Lieut-Colonel. The Air Force on the other hand is fully behind Mubarak #Jan25 5 minutes ago via Tweetie for Mac "

Fight between 50% army + protesters VS 50% army + airforce with Mubarak. But the army is increasingly going with the people.

UK TIMES: fear of Islamist plan to take over Egypt

Duh.

Mohamed Ghanem, one of the leaders of the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt, calls Egypt to stop pumping gas to Israel and prepare the Egyptian army for a war with it’s eastern neighbor.

Rumors probably... and even then, the Muslim Brotherhood is not strong enough to do anything real.

Reuters: Brent oil goes over $101, highest in 28 months, with increase worry over protests in Egypt #jan25 #egypt 5 minutes ago via jan25live "

Giving more money to Iran and Saudi Arabia.

Breaking: Amro Mousa The Arab League Secretary General (he is himself egyptian) says peaceful transition of power must happen!

Arab League dropping Mubarak!

Mayor of Suez: give the new government a chance to work. #jan25

Are you kidding?

DeskCNN: Robert Gibbs: We are not picking between the people on the streets and the people in the government #Egypt #jan25

Still being a shill for Mubarak and his thugs uh White House?

BreakingNews Food giant Nestle closing Egypt operations for now, Coca-Cola doing same in Cairo - wsj.com

Al Jazeera: Protesters in Meydan Tahrir install 4 TV screens to receive Al Jazeera Arabic & Al Jazeera Mubasher (Live) Both blocked in Egypt

+1

More news coming up.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
+1 for you Vitchilo!

Thanks for keeping this thread going, and keeping people informed!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Well thanks!

Pres. Mubarak has closed down internet, sms, banks, schools, universities, courts, now the trains in all of #Egypt. "Stability?" #Jan25 9 minutes ago via web "

Omar Suleiman "I have been asked by the President to contact all the political parties about constitutional reform"

Constitutional reform? Please. The country is under military rule since 1967. They don't give a flying turtle about the constitution.

Omar Suleiman "Elections will be held once again in contested districts in Egypt in the coming weeks"

Still won't change a thing.

I'll remember you that Suleiman is responsible for the torture of prisoners.. you know, the usual, breaking fingers, electrocution, ect.. and many times he was doing it HIMSELF... maybe because he enjoyed it... so this guy is a real psycho.

Omar Suleiman "We will fight corruption and unemployment. The contested election circles will be addressed immediately."

Fighting corruption? Commit suicide then!

According to journalists on the ground, the speech just pissed off more people.

RT @rassdwehda (Ar.) Youth for Egypt Front: "We refuse Omar Suleiman´s statement & we will continue 2 demonstrate until regime falls. #Jan25

Israel shocked by Obama's "betrayal" of Mubarak

Shimon Peres on crisis in Egypt, "an oligarchy religious fanatic is not better than the lack of democracy"

Canadian embassy in #Cairo closed indefinitely

BBC Arabic reporter in Alexandria says he saw Muslims protecting Churches as part of the newly formed up public protection legans (groups). He says there is an amazing unity amongst all Egyptians both Muslims & Christians against the regime.

+1

Basic needs at international airport Cairo running out. Food and drinking water hard to get. #Cairo #Egypt #Jan25 #Weissink #FD

The Israeli military says two rockets fired from Gaza have exploded in Israeli towns. No one was hurt, but there was some damage.

The military says the range indicates the rockets were Grads. Israel charges that Iran supplies Gaza militants with Grads.

"alaa noor net the last ISP standing in egypt is taken offline, there is now no internet in egypt at all #Jan25

AJE is showing the military keeping the pro Mubarak and anti Mubarak protestors separated.

Egyptian Information Ministry official tells CNN all cell phone networks will be shut down shortly ahead of expected "Million Man March"

AJ: Police give weapons to drug dealers order attack military tomorrow Reports that will be blood bath btwn police + military #egypt #jan25

If true that is sick.

Port Closures Could Mean Shortages In Egypt Soon

Report: Egyptian military heading to port city of Sharm el-Sheikh to secure the Suez Canal.

And the Egyptians are :

Rumors that the military leaders that were in the US before the whole thing began were given the order to take down Mubarak when they come back... but it would probably just for image...and no real changes would happen.

And now apparently the big ``ONE MILLION MAN MARCH`` is set to start at around 9AM local. Which is 2AM EST.
edit on 31-1-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Iran Says it Arrested Israeli Spies Linked to Ron Arad Foundation

White House urges calm ahead of Egypt's mass protest

Gibbs : "We are thus far pleased with the restraint that has taken place and encourage that, even as we see reports of increased participation tomorrow by protestors."

PLEASED WITH THE RESTRAINT? Are you freaking kidding? 150+ dead protesters, kids being killed, water turned off, electricity turned off, food stopped, arrest and beating of journalists... that is freaking restraint right there you sicko!

A Pakistani judge has banned any move to hand over to US authorities an American government employee, who is under investigation for double murder.
And the US is screaming ``diplomatic immunity``... yeah right!

'Israeli troops swarm Lebanon border'

Israel has escalated its military presence near the southern Lebanese border, stepping up their surveillance activities along the Lebanese frontier, reports say.

That is confirmed by other sources. They are just there to protect their border apparently.

So...waiting for the mass protest now...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

reply to post by harryhaller

This does *not* revolve around Israel, it revolves around American-Egyptian interests..

I'm sorry, but with ANY middle east politics today, you cannot ignore the Israeli-USA partnership. The 2 are inextricably linked, and Mossad and the CIA have been the primary players in shaping the region into what it is today. The entire region is centered around Israel, and historically it is both Israeli land, and Israeli security that is the overwhelming motivator in the region. If not for Israel, the USA would not even need presence in that part of the region, being content with presence in the oil and poppy fields to the east.

Mubarak's aquiesence made the $1.5 billion cheap at the price, cheaper than any military solution, but at the cost of the entire Egyptian nationality and well being. The money was for stability, not internal to Egypt, but for Israel. What do Egypt and Israel have in common? The both buy US made military hardware.

And please, stop with cheap insults, your argument is weak as it is, now you are undercutting what credibility you have left.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Hey vitchilo is al jazeera the best place to keep an eye on this protest?
edit on 1-2-2011 by Canadianpride420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Canadianpride420

That, and go to twitter and search for #Egypt where most of this information is coming from.

peace...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Canadianpride420

Probably. And twitter.

To watch Al-Jazeera live on streaming : Here

Twitter with #Egypt and #Jan25 and #revolution

But since Al-Jazeera have been banned from Egypt, they have less live reports...

So better watch Sky/CNN/BBC too.
edit on 1-2-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join