It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Middle East on fire

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Very concerning about the Israeli troops if they are on the Egyptian side of the border...

the doors are being thrown open that could create the spark we've all been hoping won't come....

very worrisome development indeed..
edit on 30/1/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Hamas are fighting in the Sinai against the Egyptian army.

Oh boy...

RT @shadihamid opposition figure in #Egypt called me, in tears, telling hes hearing army will receive orders to shoot 2 kill tonight

The Israeli and Egyptian troops at the border are working as a TEAM against Hamas

So it seems Mubarak is still in control....

Now we'll see what the reaction from the population/army is.
edit on 30-1-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Al jazheera reporting that troops have been given the order to fire live ammunition on protesters, and they have refused.

Good on them i say

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

"Hearing UNCONFIRMED info that the Egyptian Army getting ready to announce President Hosni Mubarak is stepping down."

All over twitter...

Army ordered to use live fire on protesters! Aljazeera English News Channel

Azhar people (highest religious authority) is joining judges and people on tharir square demanding mubarak to step down!

+1

RT @shadihamid: Apparently, these captured documents say that authorization of shoot-to-kill orders will come at 12 am tonight

AlJaz and Arabeya reporting: Muslim Brotherhood demand #Mubarak to resign or to face criminal trial in Egypt.

+1

AlJaz and Arabeya reporting: Muslim Brotherhood agreeing with parties for Baradei to lead the transition government

Pro-people army just arrived at Mubarak's hideout... so far no shooting

Hopefully they ask him to surrender or else.

Opposition figure tells me regime shutting down all TV (al jazeera, etc.) so it can take harsh action against protestors in the dark

Brotherhood figure tells me: "tonight is the night" & fears major bloodshed

Muslim Brotherhood figure tells me on phone this new govt is a "war government" & that MB is preparing for the worst

El Baradei may make a statement later today and take the lead for a transitional government

MUBARAK IS DONE!!!!!!!!!!!

Cairo tense as curfew approaches. Begins in 25 min. Men, boys on almost every corner with sticks and knives.

Egyptian government tv : "Stop watching Al jazeera, we have the only real news"

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Abd-al-hakim abd-elnasr, son to gamal abd-elnasr (modern egypts founder and Godfather)saying live on aljazeera arabic that he wants a new goverment and a new president

This is big!

Sudan: Police clash with anti-government protesters

RT @draddee: Ajtalk Reporter : Snipers at roof of several buildings as protesters surround State security office

RT @TiagoDF: Muslim Brotherhood and other groups have given @ElBaradei the power to negotiate with Mubarak, Le Monde reports. #jan25 #Egypt

Information Minister and Defense Minister seen entering State Television building.

Hopefully they announce that Mubarak is retiring. But they will probably warn people to obey the curfew or be killed.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Agreement of the national forces to form a delegation headed by ElBaradei which is the Nobel winner of peace to negotiate with the Authority on the stage of transition

+1

BBC source: Explosion in a state security building in Rafah, Egypt, with a number of casualties (deaths and injuries).

Who bombed what?

F16 aircrafts fly over Tahrir square in #Cairo #Egypt #Jan25 #ArabProtest according to eyewitness on Al Jazeera Arabic NOW

GODDAMMIT. They gonna BOMB the protesters....with US jets... I bet the Egyptians will really like that. NOT.

RT @octavianasr: #Egypt State TV anchors reading military statement over & over to heed curfew warnings or face "severe consequences"

FLASH: At least two jet fighters fly low over Cairo: witnesses

BTW Mubarak was air force chief...so the air force is probably loyal to him.

TIME FOR THE ARMY TO GET MUBARAK NOW BEFORE THEY BOMB THE PROTESTERS.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Agreement of the national forces to form a delegation headed by ElBaradei which is the Nobel winner of peace to negotiate with the Authority on the stage of transition

+1

BBC source: Explosion in a state security building in Rafah, Egypt, with a number of casualties (deaths and injuries).

Who bombed what?

F16 aircrafts fly over Tahrir square in #Cairo #Egypt #Jan25 #ArabProtest according to eyewitness on Al Jazeera Arabic NOW

GODDAMMIT. They gonna BOMB the protesters.

RT @octavianasr: #Egypt State TV anchors reading military statement over & over to heed curfew warnings or face "severe consequences"

FLASH: At least two jet fighters fly low over Cairo: witnesses

BTW Mubarak was air force chief...so the air force is probably loyal to him.

Gah damnit i was just going to post about the jet's just heard it from BBC -.- oh well i hope they don't do anything rash but i dont think the jets are armed or at least i hope not :/

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by rationaluser

From the reports I've seen, YES THEY ARE ARMED.

Those sick bastards are about to bomb protesters. Seriously.

Protesters have practically taken over the center of the capital Cairo despite heavy military presence

Al-Jazeera : Jets and Heli getting lower and lower

Now they also have Helicopters.

RT @RAGreeneCNN: WHOA. Fighter jets fly so low over #Cairo that CNN crew can see into the cockpits, 10 mins before curfew. #Egypt #Jan25

Al-Jazeera : Army trucks coming to the square

Crowd is shouting back at the jets... that's courage!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
If they bomb or gun down these protesters things are going to go global very quickly.

Who will step in first is the big question.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Mubarak should better think twice before giving the order to bomb. If he does that, it is highly probable that the army will intervene and it will result in a full scale civil war between the police/gvt and the army/protesters.

It will get very ugly if the situation gets there.

ETA: AH! Catch_a_Fire beat me to it!
edit on 30-1-2011 by flk1331 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Unreal...There is no way anyone will let this go if they start shooting,not even the USA.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

F-16s pushing the sound barrier at around 100ft above ground

Helicopter gunships now there showing machine guns fully armed on the nose

up to 6 f-16 aircraft and they are carrying Air to Ground munitions

THEY ARE ABOUT TO DO A TINANMEN SQUARE!!!!!!!!!!!

RT @muiz: Eyewitness: I can't believe how low they are flying over us - but we just don't give a damn anymore | @AJEnglish | #Egypt | #Jan25

COURAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously the army need to take out Mubarak NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Haha! the journalist shill on the ground in Cairo for CNN International just said that ALL the reports which are saying that rogue cops & security forces would be involved with any organised looting and the freeing of prisoners to create more chaos - would be pure CONSPIRACY THEORIES and just fantasies, according to this Mubarak shill!

CNN! :shk:

The Airforce with planes and helicopters are flying very low over the people in Cairo right now - trying to scare them?

edit on 30-1-2011 by Chevalerous because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
THEY ARE ABOUT TO DO A TINANMEN SQUARE!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a tense situation, but you need to take a breath.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

ElBaradei has called on Mubarak to "leave today and save the country" : CNN

Al-Jazeera : Hill. Clinton: I don't want a takeover

You sick witch. You mean you support Mubarak? Your criminal butt need to go to jail!!!!!!!!!

Mubarak ground forces are moving on cairo now

Journalists report gunfire.

RT @sharifkouddous People are chanting: "where are the journalists?" #Egypt

Even helicopters fly low over Cairo as more army trucks appear in central Tahrir square. The mood is depressing. #egypt #jan25

It's a tense situation, but you need to take a breath.

No. Enough with ``being calm`` when this kind of crap is happening.

AlJazeera: F16 jets over Taharir Sq. but many many more PPL are still on the way 2join in! #jan25 #Egypt

presidential guard massing in Cairo at the square ....

pro mubarak military and police are on the move to the square. Looks like they will face protesters and the pro protest army groups

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
If you're not already watching the live feed, I'll link you to it. The situation is pretty intense. I have already seen a gunship flying over the square, no fighters yet, but you can hear them.

Sick people like Mubarak really manage to annoy the hell out of me. Hope he goes down soon.

AlJazeera Live feed:
"looter.... they were actually policemen!"
"hundreds were killed, kidnapped(*?*)

english.aljazeera.net...

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

@AlArabiya_Eng: Security tightened around water and electricity facilities: #Jan25 #Mubarak #Egypt #Cairo

Protsestors showing the victory symbol to the jets

German news reported that the museum guards themselves looted the museum.

Egyptian State TV showing "calm" pictures.

We are all Khaled Said Urgent situation now: In Tahreer square, there are more than 200 thousand people now including Judges, AlAzhar scholars, Opposition leaders (from all parties) from protesters are made up of women, children, men, young and old, Muslims, Christians & Athiests. Jetfighter planes are flying low in the square with helicopters as well. I'm really scared a massacre is about to happen

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
OMFG WTF is that helicopter doing just INSANE have some respect for the people FFS i feel something bad is about to happen.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I want to continue this but I'm wayyyyyyyy too tired.

I hope I miss the revolution. Know why? Because I want it to happen as soon as possible so death stops.

RT @TheNewsBlotter: After reading what the head of the Arab League said, Mubarak is losing support even in with the Arab countries. #Egypt

Demonstrators are being taken to jail in Tahrir Square

BBC Arabic reporter: There are "much more" than 50,000 protesters in Meydan Tahrir in central Cairo

Al-Jazeera saying plane with presidential seal flew over crowd

What? Hopefully taking a last look before he gets his butt out of there.

The new Secretary of Organisation of the National Democratic Party, Maged al-Sharbini, says Egypt's new cabinet will be announced in a few hours, BBC Arabic reports

Anyway, good night and good luck!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I'm not big on info wars for sure but I find this link very interesting. I do smell some big players behind the scenes here and Egyptians should be very cautious here. I would suggest they find a young educated leader from among the common people,no players with questionable ties to any political organizations.

www.infowars.com... piper-of-the-egyptian-revolt/

I guess only time will tell.
edit on 1/30/11 by nickoli because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join