It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Middle East on fire

page: 53
<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Canadianpride420

No, it was totally my bad---I went back and read my post and it was uber confusing the way I worded it. And I just love the hypocrisy of the media on this! It's like, just because we're friends with the dictator doesn't mean he's not an awful dictator and doesn't make the people suffer. We complain about a freakin' half-cent tax increase for education, and we can't understand why it's legitimate and noble for these people to take prosperity and freedom into their own hands----WITHOUT anyone's help?!? They just saved us a couple hundred billion dollars, if "spreading freedom" is our goal in the world.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by nickoli

Fox News have always been scum, except for Judge Napolitano who's doing a good job most of the time. All the others on Fox are shills.

RT @EgyptFreedomNow: @SultanAlQassemi Mubarak is hiding at his winter home in Sharm-el-Sheikh his jet is at the airport!

Now they know where to get him...

Around 5,000 Egyptian prisoners broke out of a prison in the Fayyoum Govenorate amid the nationwid riots Saturday night, the Dubai-based Arabiya TV reported.

5000? Holy. I bet lots of those were political prisoners... which Egypt had around 20 000 last year...

"Egypt's ambassador to U.S. says he hasn't heard from Cairo"

Good.

How do the Bedouins feel about Gaza? Are they any more for their freedom than anyone else? Is there a possibility they could go into Gaza to try to help start an uprising there too? Or is that a can of worms they don't particularly want to deal with?

I don't know much about the Bedouins... but El Baradei said he would recognize Hamas as the elected leaders in Gaza.
edit on 29-1-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

Fixed the link please review.

2nd line

Here

www.telegraph.co.uk...[e ditby]edit on 1/29/11 by nickoli because: (no reason given)

Edit to add: It doesnt prove we gave the green light but the timing of this revolution is now suspect because it doesnt prove we didnt either. We very well could have been behind this or at least supportive of it.
edit on 1/29/11 by nickoli because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by nickoli

Thanks for the link, man!

The reason I see no evidence of US involvement per this cable, and even evidence to the contrary, is because the cable details that "we" (the US) were highly doubtful of this guy's claims to there being a plan for outing Mubarak, and that any plans would work, and also because this guy was traveling to the US on his own dime, and if we were coordinating it, he would have been flown on a CIA jet. For instance:

He alleged that several opposition parties and movements have accepted an unwritten plan for democratic transition by 2011; we are doubtful of this claim.

xxxxxxxxxxxx described his Washington appointments as positive, saying that on the Hill he met with xxxxxxxxxxxx, a variety of House staff members, including from the offices of xxxxxxxxxxxx and xxxxxxxxxxxx), and with two Senate staffers. xxxxxxxxxxxx also noted that he met with several think tank members.

Not the CIA or SS or anyone who could actually help him in any way except to change US legislation and get the issue heard by Congress. Not exactly a "secret" move, except for the fact that the US helped him keep his identity secret while at these hearings and meetings so that he wouldn't be persecuted back home. We would do that for many people who are seeking audience with Congress in favor of democracy in their country, even if it goes against our fiscal interests. That's where you get into the good part of the US government, where there are some good people working in the less-glamorous positions who aren't involved in anything shady and just do the right thing sometimes.

xxxxxxxxxxxx said that xxxxxxxxxxxx's office invited him to speak at a late January Congressional hearing on House Resolution 1303 regarding religious and political freedom in Egypt. xxxxxxxxxxxx told us he is interested in attending, but conceded he is unsure whether he will have the funds to make the trip. He indicated to us that he has not been focusing on his work as a \"fixer\" for journalists, due to his preoccupation with his U.S. trip.

Dude was and is poor, you know? If we were invested in this in any way, or at least invested in this guy's participation, we would have made sure it didn't financially bind him, don't you think?

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Mubarak’s planning exile to Tel Aviv

According to sources in the Egyptian Embassy in Tel Aviv, Israel is making preparations to welcome Hosni Mubarak into exile after Saudi Arabia rejected overtures.

What a surprise. That's gonna piss off a lot of people.

Cairo regime change could make IDF boost forces in South

Israel Concerned new government in Egypt would allow arms flow to Gaza, cut military dialogue; Muslim Brotherhood previously threatens to rip up Israeli-Egyptian peace treaty if in control.
Israeli defense sources confirmed that the IDF was not currently built to counter a military threat from Egypt and would have to restructure its divisions and the air force to effectively meet the challenge.

Who's scared?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

@RickSanchezTV: Daily Beast: Is Qaddafi Next? Wikileaks Could Stir Domestic Unrest in Libya

Our brothers and sisters in Syria have decided on a day of anger - #Feb5. When they start their revolution, we'll tweet for them too #Jan25

Arab world hashtag dates planned: Sudan #Jan30 Yemen #Feb3 Syria #Feb5 Algeria #Feb12 Bahrain #Feb14

+1

May I wake up to the start of a revolution. #Sudan

eye-witness: several cars leaving now Ministry of Interior in #Cairo and shooting fire on demonstrators. #Egypt

Britain Refuses to Label Miqati's Government as Hizbullah's: We are Not Striking Deals to Halt Justice

British Foreign Minister William Hague refused to label the new government headed by Prime Minister-designate Najib Miqati as a "Hizbullah government," saying that the new premier is not affiliated with the party.
He told al-Watan Online that the Cabinet encompasses a wide alliance in Lebanon that does not strictly include Hizbullah, stressing that the government should be judged by its actions.

+1
Gaddafi Telephones Mubarak on Egypt Crisis

Libyan leader Moammar Gaddafi spoke by telephone with Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak on Saturday, the fifth day of protests calling for the end of Mubarak's regime, the Libyan news agency Jana reported.

Interesting...

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Gaddafi was probably tellin Mubarak that Libya was not gonna take him and his family in.These despots in the ME are crapping themselves right now...I saw on an earlier post that other nations are planning their own Intifadas against the governments good I say,perhaps we are seeing the birth of a massive revolutionary movement in the region.I heard that the new PM in Egypt is the head of intelligence and a close confidant of Mubarak.In other words a total puppet.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
....Those new Abrams make israel now sleeping very badly, I quess?

Besides having 1,000 M1 Abram tanks, Egypt also have 200 F-16 jet fighters. This was provided by the U.S. annual $1.3 billion military aid - initiated by the Camp David Accord. Those M1 Abram tanks are actually manufactured in Egypt.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

good I say,perhaps we are seeing the birth of a massive revolutionary movement in the region.

It is good now, while we are all still high on the excitement of a peaceful revolution in the MIddle East.

But what happens in 5-10 years from now, is what will be telling. Maybe as early as a year from now, we will be able to see any trend.

A working democracy.

Or maybe an Iraqi style, or Lebannese, broken democracy (from the western governments view), with a conservative shiite majority.

Will the western powers allow this?

Will Isreal?

Stay tuned......

And what if the Kingdom of Saud were to fall? 400 dollar a gallon gas.There will be blood.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by coolieno99

Egypt also have 200 F-16 jet fighters

I think the number is closer to 80...www.globalsecurity.org...

But I didn't know about the tanks. Didn't beleive it at first, had to look it up.

They were discussing manufacture of the A2, this must make the Isrealis sweat.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Mubarak’s planning exile to Tel Aviv

According to sources in the Egyptian Embassy in Tel Aviv, Israel is making preparations to welcome Hosni Mubarak into exile after Saudi Arabia rejected overtures.

What a surprise. That's gonna piss off a lot of people.

Cairo regime change could make IDF boost forces in South

Israel Concerned new government in Egypt would allow arms flow to Gaza, cut military dialogue; Muslim Brotherhood previously threatens to rip up Israeli-Egyptian peace treaty if in control.
Israeli defense sources confirmed that the IDF was not currently built to counter a military threat from Egypt and would have to restructure its divisions and the air force to effectively meet the challenge.

Who's scared?

And here we plainly see 100% of the problem. Mubarak was not a man of the people, he was a man of the country next door.

You caught my post on the destruction of the wall? No need for the brotherhood, although i guess that's a worst case scenario, the Egyptians are clearly thinking differently about the issues now. I really do love how this has taken everyone by surprise, no false flag, there's real panic upstairs.

What's happening with mubaraks "suggestions" from washington? Robert Fisk spoke of the puppets Hosni is trying to put in place. I hope the people see through that. An interim military govt is being suggested, thats what the west wants i suppose. I'm hoping for ElBaradei, an intellectual, and a civilian. Nobody will order him around.

I don't see Gadaffi going to Israel

Being allowed to retire in the promised land, is that what all these guys dream at night about?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

I heard that the new PM in Egypt is the head of intelligence and a close confidant of Mubarak.In other words a total puppet.

Indeed he is.

Those M1 Abram tanks are actually manufactured in Egypt.

Which means they can produces as much tanks as they want... of course illegally if the US revoke their license.

And what if the Kingdom of Saud were to fall? 400 dollar a gallon gas.There will be blood.

No way China or NATO would allow that without a fight.

Saudi Arabia's stock exchange tumbled by over 6 percent on Saturday, setting the stage for other regional markets to drop as concerns mounted about the violent protests in Egypt.

The North African country’s benchmark stock index tumbled 16 percent in the past two trading days and Egypt’s dollar bonds fell, pushing yields to record highs yesterday, as protesters clashed with police. Fitch Ratings said it may cut the nation’s credit rating. The exchange is North Africa’s second-largest market by capitalization after Morocco.

There's also big protests in India today against corruption and food prices

An interim military govt is being suggested, thats what the west wants i suppose.

Probably since Egypt's military is very corrupt... after all Mubarak comes from the military.
edit on 30-1-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErEhWoN
I think the number is closer to 80...www.globalsecurity.org...

That quantity 80 is from the year 1990 .
Currently it's listed as 220 F-16 on Wikipedia.

Egyptian Air Force

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

"Egypt is where you send people you never want to see again," - Rober Baer, CIA Department of Operations - Murder, Torture and Genocide R' US Department.

"In Egypt, where torture seems to be a Government sport, Habib was interrogated by the country’s Intelligence Director, General Omar Suleiman, who is is ranked second in power to President Hosni Mubarak. Back in 2001, Suleiman took a personal interest in anyone suspected of links with Al Qaeda. As Habib had visited Afghanistan shortly before 9/11, he was under suspicion. Suleiman slapped Habib’s face so hard, the blindfold was dislodged, revealing the torturer’s identity. According to his memoir, Habib was repeatedly zapped with high-voltage electricity, immersed in water up to his nostrils, beaten, his fingers were broken and he was hung from metal hooks."
"He was again interrogated by Omar Suleiman. To loosen Habib’s tongue, Suleiman ordered a guard to murder a gruesomely shackled Turkistan prisoner in front of Habib – and he did, with a vicious karate kick. Suleiman is expected to be the next President of Egypt." -
'The Torturer's Apprentice,' - May 7, 2009 - by Richard Neville, of 'Oz' fame -

Quoted in comments here: www.informationclearinghouse.info...

No comment.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Egypt also have 47 AH-64 helicopters... which kicks butts. Which Israel has the same number of. Israel also have more and better aircrafts...

But it all comes down to training. I'm sure the Egyptian pilots would get their butts kicked if they tried to take on the IAF.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Woah! - They have those in such large numbers? I really have to make reality check from Egypt military information.

My cousin is commander in army intelligence. Of course he dont speak directly anything what he is doing "inside the rock", but we talk yesterday long time and we were both at same lines, if any outside intervention comes - EU forces is only option to secure Suez at this moment, if chaos takes over in that crucial waterway. He also dont wait any moves from US/Israeli side in this situation.

But I think all powers are making fast many different scenarios and planning for this new situation.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Wow, I stand correcdted.

But wow, thats formidable. Intimidating actually. And M1.

Which way do you think it will fall? Conservative Religious or Secular?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller

"Egypt is where you send people you never want to see again," - Rober Baer, CIA Department of Operations - Murder, Torture and Genocide R' US Department.

"In Egypt, where torture seems to be a Government sport, Habib was interrogated by the country’s Intelligence Director, General Omar Suleiman, who is is ranked second in power to President Hosni Mubarak. Back in 2001, Suleiman took a personal interest in anyone suspected of links with Al Qaeda. As Habib had visited Afghanistan shortly before 9/11, he was under suspicion. Suleiman slapped Habib’s face so hard, the blindfold was dislodged, revealing the torturer’s identity. According to his memoir, Habib was repeatedly zapped with high-voltage electricity, immersed in water up to his nostrils, beaten, his fingers were broken and he was hung from metal hooks."
"He was again interrogated by Omar Suleiman. To loosen Habib’s tongue, Suleiman ordered a guard to murder a gruesomely shackled Turkistan prisoner in front of Habib – and he did, with a vicious karate kick. Suleiman is expected to be the next President of Egypt." -
'The Torturer's Apprentice,' - May 7, 2009 - by Richard Neville, of 'Oz' fame -

Quoted in comments here: www.informationclearinghouse.info...

No comment.
Holy crap!!! Suleiman is a sadistic bastard.He's gonna jump on tv and denounce The Revolutionaries as terrorists which knowing the US government and MSM they would just eat that up and since he was the former head of Intelligence many people in the US would buy it...

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Egyptian banks and schools closed on Sunday (Haaretz)

Taiwan issues travel alert for Egypt (DPA)

Foreign Ministry orders (Israeli) embassy in Cairo to stay closed on Sunday (Army Radio)

Egyptian security prisoners smuggle themselves into Gaza via Rafah tunnels (Israel Radio)

Over 99 percent of south Sudanese vote to split from Sudan (Reuters)

And soon Sudan will be divided. Which hopefully will end the civil war.

Gaza official: Egypt shuts border with Gaza Strip (AP)

Mubarak orders Al Jazeera to stop broadcasting from Egypt

ajtalk: Al Jazeera is now confirming that their Cairo offices have been shut down! Their license to report has been withdrawn! #Jan25 #Jan28 #Egypt

U.S. Embassy advises Americans they should consider leaving #Egypt as soon as possible.

Exiled leader to return to Tunisia Sunday

Leader of Tunisia's main Islamic party Rachid Ghannouchi is due to return to his homeland from Britain on Sunday after more than 20 years in exile.

Oh boy.
edit on 30-1-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Just to give everyone an idea about where exactly our tax dollars go in Egypt..

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join