It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Middle East on fire

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
We see only older tanks taking place at Cairo - I dont say those can be updated models, but am I wrong... - I thought Abrams are also sold there?

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Yes. The Egyptian army has a Large number of M1A1 tanks. None of these have been seen on any of the video or photos. The only pictures have been of APCs or of old M60 tanks.

Makes sense really. If you just want to project authority to members of the public any tank will do.

No point in getting your good tanks trapped and possibly damaged in the middle of a riot.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Honestly,the longer Mubarak waits to step down and leave peacefully,the more angry his own Military will get at him i think,and decide to remove him by force....there is no way for him to stay in Power anymore.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

Right. Thanks from confirm!

Using scary attack weaponry can be also provocative against crowds, even effectiness in arms actually is better - outcome can be bad, because this psychological reason - as our country has learned in UN peace-corps missions.

Those new Abrams make israel now sleeping very badly, I quess?

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Uh Oh this may end quickly now if this is true.

People have taken over a tank and are driving it down Falaky towards Min. of Int.#jan25

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by nickoli

That's from January 25th, it shows it right there on your post.

edit on 1/29/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

That is just one of many twitter feeds being used it isnt relative to date. And now english.aljazeera.net... is showing people live riding on apc! It wont be long now.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
reply to post by nickoli

That's from January 25th, it shows it right there on your post.

edit on 1/29/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

I have to admit i was a bit worried there for a second but then I laughed xD I don't think the army would just let them take a tank regardless of whether it's armed or not down the highway.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
"Head of Egyptian Intelligence Omar Soliman sworn in as Vice President"

This could mean Mubarak is going to step down and leave,according to Al Jazeera

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
nevermind

edit on 29-1-2011 by paradiselost333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Al Jazeera reports protesters attempting to seize Ministry of Interior

Protester s Attempt to Storm Interior Ministry

JorgeContrerasN‎ RT @CNNValencia: BREAKING- Our freelancer in Cairo reports gunfire between security & protestors outside the Interior Ministry in #Egypt via @iDeskCNN

ThreePeasArt‎ RT @BreakingNews: Police open fire on 1000 Egyptian protesters trying to storm the interior ministry in Cairo - Al Jazeera
Twitter - seconds ago

fashioncitizen‎ RT @BreakingNews: Police open fire on crowd trying to storm the Interior Ministry, killing at least one demonstrator - AP #Egypt
Twitter - seconds ago

edit on 29-1-2011 by stephinrazin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shenon
Honestly,the longer Mubarak waits to step down and leave peacefully,the more angry his own Military will get at him i think,and decide to remove him by force....there is no way for him to stay in Power anymore.

I see that also. I think the US want to keep their man (Mubarak) in there, it has been said that Egypt is America's greatest ally in the region, and Israel's only friend. I remember reading somewhere a few years ago that the US State Dept paid Egypt to be friends with Israel, and that wouldn't surprise me any. Here is what I hope happens. I hope the PEOPLE rise up and throw the extremest governments and the Muslim Brotherhood out of their country, and become a free nation for once. I mean every one of them. Being a Muslim is one thing, but calling for death all the time, stoning people, beheading people is just wrong in any book. Religion is for Church, not for government policy. The People of Egypt have my full support, as a matter of fact I am part Egyptian, through my Great Great Grandmother. Let Freedom Ring!

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by nickoli
Uh Oh this may end quickly now if this is true.

People have taken over a tank and are driving it down Falaky towards Min. of Int.#jan25

You got a link for that mate?>

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

It was just a tweet I copied and pasted,doesnt seem to be credible as far as I can tell. Here is another one I just saw that gives me alarm. I hope this isnt true.

A prisoner from a #Cairo prison (name: Qatta?), claims police is shooting prisoners, told AlJAzeera there are 70 bodies. #Egypt #jan25

Then there is this,this is quite probably true,co-intelpro. Rumours are that the regime has let prisoners out to do the looting and justify military crackdown.

Almost all police stations ransacked, arsenals looted. Suddenly weapons in the streets wielded by thugs. Where is the army? #Jan25 #Egypt

More tweets coming in of this evil plan.

TextMuslim Brotherhood claims that Police has released all 18,000 criminals imprisoned in Borg Al-Arab Prison outside Alexandria

edit on 1/29/11 by nickoli because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

You think the U.S doesn't see that Mubarak is done?

What they're probably doing right now is looking for a candidate in the race to support before the Muslim brothers come into the picture.
edit on 29-1-2011 by Eliad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
More and more info coming out of the use of agent provacatuers,all this type activity will be documented,the Egyptians are smart people.

A doctor at Tahrir "the army were beating looters at the museum. Stopped when the looters said they were police." #jan25

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
If the government is really releasing prisoners to make the protestors look bad then that is just pathetic. It's the people's country and they have the right to kick him out! Go Egypt

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
To add to my previous post I just saw on the english feed that protestors have caught looters on motorcycles who were looting stores and homes. They had ID cards saying they were from the government security forces..they had government issued weapons but were dressed in plain clothes...absolutely pathetic...can't wait til that scumbag mubarack is kicked out or worse......

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Canadianpride420

That is just more justification for us in America to call our reps and demand withdrawal of support for this evil regime. I've done contacted mine last night. This is despicable behavior.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by nickoli

I applaud you for getting involved...We people have the power and it's about time we showed it...like our egyptian brothers and sisters are doing

new topics

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join