It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Middle East on fire

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

I offered to look at your evidence , I do check out rebuttle thoughts

Would you do the same ?

If I link a thought provoking Vid , would you check it out ?

What harm can it do.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Would you care to show some kind of eveidence to this quote above .

You serious in asking someone for proof of this? What exactly was fired on Israel during 2006 war?
So if you want proof and speak Arabian watch this:
www.blinkx.com... q7uXrTxRmioQ3eA
Second clip will give you proof.
If you do not speak Arabian - AlMannar (Hizbollah news source) will probably suit you too.

Sayyed nasrallah underlined Hezbollah possesses more than 20,000 missiles despite Israel's military offensive.

www.almanar.com.lb...
Hope it helps you in some way.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

I read your 2nd link, I only speak English

Who ever this guy is, He states 20,000 rockets.

Now my turn sir, seeing you are from Israel , after the Vid , maybe you can

give us more details on this lady ? A Jewish ,Mother , Professor who had a child killed by Palestinians, surely she would want revenge.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

This is an important thread when some one tries to disrupt it use the ignore button.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Israeli State Minister Yossi Peled on Saturday warned that both policies of Israel and Hizbullah pave the way for the eruption of a new war, accusing the international community of contributing in mounting the military capabilities of Hizbullah.

So now Israel wants to blame the world for its' own problems, what's new.

In remarks carried by military radio and the popular Ynet news website, Peled said: "We are heading toward a new confrontation in the north but I don't know when it will happen, just as we did not know when the second Lebanon war would erupt."

You know exactly when it will happen you just don't want anyone else to know when it will happen, especially not Lebanon.

"Although Hizbullah is part of the Lebanese government, the latter has no influence on it," Peled said, adding the Jewish state will hold Hizbullah and its ally Syria responsible for any attack on Israel.

www.naharnet.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I has been brought up before. Israel was in an awkward position in 2006, fighting Hezbollah, technically a guest militant group. But with Hez being a component of the government now, it would be war with Lebanon.

The gloves would be off. A concern overriding not to do damage to the Lebanese infrastructure. The country has suffered a lot. Complicated by the Shiites trying to strong arm their way up the the chain of command and Syria wanting the country as a vassal state for themselves and Iran.

Messy.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Taking all the current information in to account, it sounds as if they are just throwing stones over the fence at each other at the moment.

Iran wants nuclear technology.
-
UK, America, France, Germany want strong sanctions against Iran
-
China, Russia want to go easy on Iran and wait a bit longer.
-
Israel is strongly against Iran having nuclear weapons, that they believe they are trying to produce, and it is believed Isreal is laying the foundations for an attack on Iran.
-
Israel will not allow Iran to produce nukes.

Personally i don't see any happy ending to this, either Iran or Israel is gonna get a pounding eventually, which one it is remains to be seen.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Quoting Middle East analysts, The Washington Post report went on to say Hizbullah launch sites now likely extend past Beirut.

The IDF believes that Hizbullah has obtained Iranian-made Fajr missiles, either the Fajr 3 or Fajr 5. The Fajr 3 is five meters long and can carry a 45-kilogram warhead. www.jpost.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I'm back... had good sleep...

German sources: Israel-Hamas prisoner swap deal about to collapse
Not good.

PM's Office: Israel seeks no war with Lebanon
Yeah right... hopefully he will keep his dogs under his leash.

Also, if Israeli troops are attacked in ANY WAY, this will be war since Netanyahu, already under severe criticism cannot be seen as ``weak``... so hopefully no retard from Hamas, Hezbollah or Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine will take a shot at them ``to test them``... that would be a big error.

Uh oh...

16:19 U.S. envoy George Mitchell to meet with Defense Minister Barak Saturday eve. (Ch. 10)

18:18 Hezbollah: Israel afraid of retaliation as anniversary of Mughniyah death nears (Ch. 10)

Probably true...

EDIT:UNIFIL: Israel unlikely to wage war against Lebanon soon

[edit on 23-1-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
An interesting article...

Article

I suggest you read it...

And Sayed Hassan Nasrallah, the chairman of the Hizbollah, has been making some even more interesting threats: that his forces will "change the face of the Middle East region" if there is another war with Israel. No-one is in much doubt about what this means. The newly resurfaced Lebanese roads near the border – courtesy of Hizbollah money – suggest that someone might want to move men at high speed towards the frontier. Perhaps even to cross the border.

That's what the Israelis suspect, too – and it makes sense of Nasrallah's warning last week. The Hizbollah claimed that the 2006 war with Israel was a "divine victory" – it didn't feel that way to us in southern Lebanon at the time – yet even Israel admits it was a near-defeat for its own ill-trained soldiers. But how would Israel react if the Hizbollah managed to enter Israel itself? Israeli army commanders are talking about this in the Israeli press. A fast, dramatic spring across the frontier to the west – in the direction of Naharia, perhaps, or a grab at the settlement of Kiryat Shmona – and Hizbollah would announce it had "liberated" part of historic "Palestine". Israel would have to bomb its own territory to get them out.

Wouldn't that be interesting?

[edit on 23-1-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I found it very revealing that in December the Iranian military, specifically the air force, came out publicly in favour of the opposition and critical of the Revolutionary Guard.

A friend from Iran with contacts interprets this as the air force knowing they'd get totally clobbered in an outright war with a properly maintained air force and have been informed of plans they don't want to comply with.

Recall that when the US and Britain invaded Iraq, the very first thing that happened was the Iraqi air force went en mass to Iran and stayed there for the duration of the war.

Side comment, Iran is losing a battle economically with it's rampant spending based on projected high oil prices (4150-00 per barrel) that never happened. They know wars escalate oil demand and prices, and are in a position to blockade the Straits of Hormuz.

Iranian sabre-rattling has always been about oil prices. Maybe they're getting the war they keep promising. And maybe they'll have no air force.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Other news...

From Haaretz:

U.S. officials: No breakthroughs expected on peace talks
<
No you think?

Lebanese Min.: Situation now similar to one prior to 1982 Israel invasion

Now reported by Haaretz..

Ahmadinejad promises new developments in nuclear fuel upgrade

This won't help tensions...

Outgoing UNIFIL commander: Israel is violating UN resolutions

No ya think?

While all this is going on, North Korea is heating things up again...

05:29 North Korea accuses South of declaring war

EDIT: I have thought of something... What if Israel were to start the invasion of Lebanon, or stage a provocation, the day Obama is scheduled to do his State Of The Union speech? Then Obama would say that he supports democracy in the middle-east and Hezbollah must be destroyed so he will help Israel accomplish this...

Just a thought...

EDIT 2 : More news...

11:27 GOC Northern Command: No truth to talk of tension on northern border (Army Radio)

We'll see...we'll see.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Any attempt by Iran to close the straight of Hormuz would be suicide.I promise the U.S. would regard this as a declaration of war.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
It sounds like everyone wants a piece of the Cake, now north korea are starting to flap their wings again, i guess they are upset because everyone else is getting attention except them.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichael

Originally posted by Sean48
reply to post by mmiichael

So your source is from Israel??

They kind of have a vested interest in that propaganda, don't you think?

Any proof from other sources, other than the aggressor"s .

I remember a Government ..had undeniable proof of WMD ,

we all know how that played out.

Did you check Google Earth? Do you have a denial from Hezbollah?

Do you know anything about any of this beyond the stuff that passes for information on conspiracy sites? Are yo capable of anything beyond the standard knee-jerk responses? Are you over 15?

Don't reply please.

......................So, in other words.. No, you don't have any other sources other than Israel, which of course is going to make outrageous claims in order to get backing from the international community to start another "pre-emptive" war.

Do you really think Hizbollah would make a claim denying the strength of their arsenal? Do you think they would want to say.. "Stop the presses!! We only have a few hundred rockets guys!" Do you think they would want to seem weak? Of course they wont deny it, even if it's not true.

I will believe you on your claim as soon as you show an impartial claim, or maybe even a claim from Hizbollah themselves.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
More news...

Ahmadinejad hints at enriching nuclear fuel

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad hinted on Sunday that Iran was determined to enrich uranium to 20% if Western powers failed to accept Tehran's counter-proposal concerning a UN-brokered nuclear fuel deal.

"Therefore, during the 10 days of dawn [February 1 to 11] we will announce good news regarding the production of 20 percent enriched fuel in our country," he said, referring to the period marking the 1979 Islamic revolution.

Israel will not like this. Even if the only thing you can do with 20% uranium is a dirty bomb.

12:15pm Hizbullah leader Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah visited top Shiite cleric Sayyed Mohammed Hussein Fadlallah who called for consolidation of the Lebanese interior to confront a psychological war with Israel.

More ``proof`` that Hizbullah is part of the lebanese government (it wasn't needed anyway) and if Israel goes to war with Hizbollah, they will destroy everything, hospitals, roads, water, everything.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

What do you mean by more proof? It's already public knowledge Hezbollah is part of Lebanon Govt. They have never hidden it in first place.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by seattletruth
No, you don't have any other sources other than Israel, which of course is going to make outrageous claims in order to get backing from the international community to start another "pre-emptive" war.

Do you really think Hizbollah would make a claim denying the strength of their arsenal? Do you think they would want to say.. "Stop the presses!! We only have a few hundred rockets guys!" Do you think they would want to seem weak? Of course they wont deny it, even if it's not true.

I will believe you on your claim as soon as you show an impartial claim, or maybe even a claim from Hizbollah themselves.

If you don't believe something in a message and want to disprove it - it's up to you to find countering information. Something more than "Evil Zionists always lie"

The Wikipedia below entry states it. Time online sources checked themselves and confirms. Only a small portion of the arsenal was used in the aborted 2006 war, when Hezb acknowledge their reserves. Thousands of missiles have been in production and shipped to Lebanon in large qualities since - sometimes caught and seized.

All this is online detailed in a hundred places if you make any effort to find it, Ace Investigator.

You'll be pleased to find out in 2006 one rocket with ball bearing killed 12 Israelis.

en.wikipedia.org...

Hezbollah claims to have an arsenal of at least 33,000 rockets. In 2009 The Mossad confirmed that Hezbollah has 80,000 rockets and has become stronger after the 2006 War. Katyusha rockets were the main offensive weapons used by Hezbollah in the 2006 Lebanon War in which it fired some 3,970 rockets into Israel from southern Lebanon.

The main arsenal of Hezbollah's rocket force consists of 40,000 rockets[7], including the 122mm BM-21 rockets which have a range of 25 km. Hezbollah is also believed to have fired Shahin I missile which was described as a Ra'ad 1 missile by Hezbollah's TV station and has a range of 13 km.[6] However, the vast majority of their rocket arsenal are made up of 122mm Katyusha rockets.[8]

At least some of the rockets appear to have been modified to improve their effectiveness ; Human Rights Watch reported that the rocket that killed eight people at Haifa's main railway depot on July 16, 2006 had been packed with metal ball bearings which acted as lethal shrapnel.[9] Another rocket, filled with ball bearings, killed 12 Israeli reservists on August 6.

[6] "Hezbollah's rocket force". BBC. 2006-07-18. news.bbc.co.uk...

[7] www.timesonline.co.uk... 08/05/2009

[8] www.jamestown.org...

[9] "Lebanon: Hezbollah Rocket Attacks on Haifa Designed to Kill Civilians". Human Rights Watch, Reuters. 2006-07-18. www.alertnet.org...

[10] Richard A. Oppel and Greg Myre (2006-08-06). "Hezbollah Rockets Kill 15 in Deadly Blow to Israel". The New York Times. www.nytimes.com...

[edit on 24-1-2010 by mmiichael]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Regardless of all the things happening, i just have that gut feeling nobody is going to attack Iran, things will just get dragged out for another year with puny sanctions untill Iran has nukes, and then everything will go silent....

My gut tells me that nothing of any great interest will happen in the foreseable future, sanctions will carry on and Iran doesnt care if they do.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Iran seems to get it's kicks playing chicken with the rest of the world. So the natural assumption is this is just more of the same.

Watching every world leader get on their knees to beg them to halt their nuclear program, watching ships and planes move back and forth every time they utter a veiled threat. Seeing Israel go into convulsion every time they drop a hint. Making the American Iraqi campaign degenerate into chaos.

It's hard to gauge the effectiveness of the mighty Islamic
Persian forces. Much smaller Iraqi forces kept them at bey for years. Their super-duper Revolutionary Guard 100 man task force got wiped out in Gaza. They howl about violations of their air space but their air force never responds.

Too early to tell how they're doing against the Saudis in Yemen.

But hard not to draw skeptical conclusions from their past performances.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by mmiichael]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join