It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Middle East on fire

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
EDIT : I fail, the report was from January 25.

protesters chanting, 'down with the regime'. show no signs of stopping or letting up.

"King Abdullah of SA throws weight behind Mubarak -"

Oh boy. If this is true... The Saudis just committed suicide.

CONFIRMED :

AFP: Saudi King Abdullah bin Abdel Aziz slams Egypt protests, supports President Hosni Mubarak

And... Saudi Arabia is next!!!!!!!!!

Al-Jazeera : at least 95 killed countrywide

RNN: ~60,000 protester now in Shbin El Koum #jan25

edit on 29-1-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I don't know you. Only your thread. But you appear to have a grasp of the situation in the middle east.

If YOU say nuclear war, then I need to find a bunker.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
I don't know you. Only your thread. But you appear to have a grasp of the situation in the middle east.

If YOU say nuclear war, then I need to find a bunker.

Nuclear war in the middle-east. Worst case scenario. If extremists take control of Egypt and attack Israel.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Just a thought, what if whomever takes over is worse? This is an awesome thread, but what if a new nightmare emerges in the coming days?
Idle speculation. . . .

A nightmare for who?

A lot of people having been living your worst nightmare of a police state for the last 30+ years, a nightmare that was largely bankrolled by the west.

Maybe it's time to switch ends?

Hopefully moderates win the day. But whatever happens, the choice of the people should be respected. If it's respected and supported honestly and openly, the potential for nightmare scenarios is a lot lower. ( but that's probably not likely, is it? )

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Hum,Saudi next? That could crash the World-Economy (Oil Skyrocking) then...and Game Over.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

Hopefully moderates win the day. But whatever happens, the choice of the people should be respected. If it's respected and supported honestly and openly, the potential for nightmare scenarios is a lot lower. ( but that's probably not likely, is it? )

History shows us that Israel will claim they were attacked although the facts show they attacked first because they saw a threat..
Worrying times are ahead...

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

I think open chaos in Suez canal is the most terrible worst case scenario. Because we dont see any clear opposition taking over government in Cairo - but just demands for change, I see that army and Martial Law is only option to handle situation back to "normal" in Egypt - but is that enough for west? - Or do we see fast deployments of western forces to Suez securing waterways?

That really can anger arabic countries, if operation will be started.

Many have said, even here in ATS, that this cant happen in Egypt - but it did, like I assumed after Gaza war. Where I would be looking now is Saudi Arabia and Jordania - those kingdoms are most far from democracy in region, and if "fear factor" is lost now in Arabic countries, and armies are taking place with the people - we can see many revolts and very soon all over Middle East.

This is worst case scenario for oil prices, Israeli government and US interests.

Something what I have waited is stance of SCO - China and Russia - balance of power and their stance will decide if this fight for democracy is just case of west and Middle east, or will it be frontier of superpowers? i think Putin is making moves with China behind curtains, as usual - and their stance will decide everything.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Ruling party's HQ in Luxor have been torched!

Huge number of people are gathering today again, right now!

english.aljazeera.net...

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Al-Jazeera : Breaking: Diffrences between political leadership and military leadership about how to handle protestors

Time for the military to do a coup. The end of Mubarak is near.

Aluf Benn in Haaretz: "Without Egypt, Israel will be left with no friends in Mideast"

They will have Saudi Arabia and Jordan.... but for how long.

NNG: Palestinian teen brain dead after being shot by settlers in Beit Ummar

national party heard quarter on fire in Said and tanks entering the city

Al Jazeera reporter: Talks that Mushir Tantawi(Egyptian chief of the armed forces) may be chosen as interim president of Egypt

Still won't change a thing.

Well China is censoring the word EGYPT on chinese twitter.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I have tried to find news from whats Putin is saying and doing about movements in Arabic countries - but silence is only reply from Kreml and also Bejing... I think SCO is gathered right now in some special meeting. What we can wait is this: if China starts taking stance in this issue, Russia keeeps silence, and if its Russia is the one, who starts to lead speaks - China keeps their silence.

That is how SCO works for years now, and in every crisis since SCO had taken its place in world politics - they do have only one, and a very strong voice. I will keep updated, when I find something from eastern superpowers.

Syria and Turkey is now strong ally of SCO --- will Egypt be next?

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
I have tried to find news from whats Putin is saying and doing about movements in Arabic countries - but silence is only reply from Kreml and also Bejing... I think SCO is gathered right now in some special meeting. What we can wait is this: if China starts taking stance in this issue, Russia keeeps silence, and if its Russia is the one, who starts to lead speaks - China keeps their silence

This is not the type of thing that China can afford to give any kind of publicity to. They will avoid any kind of comment until it's absolutely mandatory. Especially if this government falls.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   

The Egyptian stock market will remain closed tomorrow. (Market lost $12Billion on Wednesday & Thursday trading, was suspended)

Unconfirmed from army officer: Movements inside the army led by General Anan to overthrow Mubarak

Hopefully this is true.

Army closed the roads leading to tourist sites and the pyramids #jan25 #EGYPT

At least 12 killed in Egyptian police clashes with Sinai Bedouin in El Arish

AlJazeera: Talks of people entering Egypt via Rafa border from Gaza (via Hatem Al Buloq, reporter)

Al Jazeera Net: Protesters besiege the headquarters of the cabinet meeting at the Smart Village entrance through the Cairo-Alexandria Desert and the movement of army tanks to protect the Minister

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
how wonderful to see a PEACEFUL revolution in the ME!!! One where the Army is actually there to protect the people, not hunt them down and smash them.

This is a new paradigm for the region. I think Mubarak will yield. The pressure is palpable, even way over here in the states.

I only hope the Army stays on the side of the people, and no Iranian style crackdown develops.

For those who pray, give thanks for the safety of ALL the people of EGYPT. And hope that it continues this way.

Russia/China, interesting to be a fly on those walls!

Congratulations to the people of Egypt, for taking back their country.

Don't eff it up, right-o?
edit on 29-1-2011 by ErEhWoN because: spelling

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Al-Jazeera : No confrontation what so ever between military forces and people.

Breaking: Amro musa, an egyptian and permanent arab league leader is saying, politics in egypt must change and protestors demands considered

+1

Al-Jazeera : Breaking: Amro musa, is also saying High level people in egypt discussing solutions to the problems

From all the news, seems the military will kick that bastard out because he won't leave by his own will. Hopefully as soon as possible.

Big update :

Egyptian security fence between Gaza and Sinai smashed...

Shouldn't be long now before Israel gets itself involved.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Aluf Benn in Haaretz: "Without Egypt, Israel will be left with no friends in Mideast"

So interesting, we are at a moment in history, where all the 'chips' are in the air.

Caught in an instant of free fall, no one knowing, where they will land.

If Jordan and SA fall, an interesting picture to develop, no?

Lot's of heartburn medication to be sold in the following days to those whose pay grade includes developing strategy\tactics for the region.

No matter what country they work for.

Poor Isreal if they all swing (conservative) shiite. There will be war for her people.

Probably ours also. China/Russia? Chips in the air.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Shouldn't be long now before Israel gets itself involved.

If anyone in the Israeli government has any damned sense, they'll stay as far out of this one as possible.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Curfew starts soon. We will see what the military does now.

Egypt is a US client state along with Jordan and Saudi Arabia. All eyes on the Generals now.

I am sure that China and Russia are looking to make new friends!

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
A Manifesto for Change in Egypt

By Mohamed ElBaradei

www.informationclearinghouse.info...

He is an intellectual, the situation calls for one i think. His tenure at the IAEI showed both his competence, and his forthrightness. He was one of the few dissenters to the war, both professionally and personally.

I'll call him as next Egyptian President, leading a transitional government. Egyptian military look to be standing with the people, they'll respect his leadership too.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I'm going to say that Egypt will be governed by the military as a transition government for a few months after Mubarak is ousted.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Here's some nice news:

www.timesonline.co.uk... .ece

But a Hamas border guard interviewed by The Times at the border admitted that the Islamist group was responsible and had been involved for months in slicing through the heavy metal wall using oxy-acetylene cutting torches. That meant that when the explosive charges were set off in 17 different locations between midnight and 1am the 40ft wall came tumbling down, leaving it lying like a broken concertina down the middle of no-man's land as an estimated 350,000 Gazans flooded into Egypt.
The destruction of the wall prompted hundreds of thousands to cross into Egypt – and Egyptian border guards did not try to stem the tide of humanity.

Instead Rafah became a huge Middle Eastern bazaar. Thousands of people were herding back cows, sheep and even camels from Egypt into the Gaza strip. Others brought back motorbikes while many women lugged back cans of olive oil and men could be seen weighed down with jerry-cans full of fuel.

Excellent news.

new topics

top topics

<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join