It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Middle East on fire

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

I'm not copping out. I have ADD and I'm just bored. I'm also not a debater. Just put together all my posts and the snakes are pretty evident.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I think that few of us can appreciate all the developments in the middle east.

Hezbollah(sp) takes over Lebanon government

Egypt has sever protests. Will the government fall?

Yemeni sever protests. Will the government fall.

What's really behind all these things? Is it the economy? Is it religion? Is it dissatisfaction with the current government?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
More Tweets

NaomiAKlein Overwhelmed by the courage of Egyptians standing up to a regime they know will show them no mercy.

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.
George Orwell

birgittaj"The 21st Century will be the Century of the Common People."
~ flow

British Prime Minister David Cameron calls for political reform in Egypt

Amr Hamzawy of the Carnegie Middle East Center says that the NDP party is finished.
"There is no more NDP party in Egypt"

Al Jazeera "Thousands of Egyptians form human-chain around Egypt Museum to protect it from looting

The European Union calls on Egypt to release peaceful protesters immediately

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Update from Tunisian New Interim Government:

AntholoJ @weddady Tunisia new interim government used excessive violence today against peaceful protest many dead and injured reported.

Please Note:

There remains some politicans from the OLD regime in Tunisia who have stayed and were given positions by the NEW interim Government

Like Ive stated in other threads - The fight for the Tunisian people is NOT over by a long shot!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Not sure if this is confirmed or not

Algeria: Opposition party RCD announces protests in Bejaia for tomorrow, 29th Jan

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Amid oppression in Egypt, Twitter’s founder stands up for freedom of expression

This kind of oppression and control is beyond disheartening; it is dehumanizing.

We turn to news platforms such as Twitter for real-time communication with our peers and the truth of what’s going on in the world from respected media authorities.

Twitter enables every citizen in the world to access this kind of information with lightning speed.

But with great power, comes great responsibility, and Twitter is defining its media position by standing up for freedom of expression and dealing with any bumps in the road with as much transparency as possible.

In Twitter’s latest blog post, titled “The Tweets Must Flow,”

Twitter founder Biz Stone outlines the company’s goal to “keep the information flowing irrespective of any view we may have about the content.”

thenextweb.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Yeah, it just sounds to me like you tried to assert that there was some "instigation" and conspiracy by outside forces, and got called on it, and couldn't back it up. But if your ADD wears off and you're willing to explain, let me know. I'm all ears.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Think what you want. Doesn't affect me in the least. I think I gave you enough information and hints and answered pretty much all your questions.. You to me appear not to be doing anything but asking questions as if to be setting up a trap. I'm not overly fond of saying too much online to begin with, particularly not to people who ask what I perceive as odd questions while at the same time contributing very little actual discussion. Sorry but that's the way I roll. If you're so unaware as to not see that there is generally more than one faction at work in instances like this, particularly being a member here, then I can't really help you anyway. Peace out.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Hahahaha! I am to follow your "hints" at trying to discern your opinion on a conspiracy? If you have something to add, say it. No one's interested in guessing at your "hints." I am quite informed (and I fact-check my info, I don't just buy wholesale conspiracies), and have contributed to this thread heavily in the last few days. You're the one who came in with nothing but a conspiracy comment which delegitimizes the Egyptian people's movement as some sort of US/Saudi-created plot, and then failed to back it up. If you don't mind, we're trying to talk about news and verifiable facts here. If you want to inject conspiracy theory, you need to support it.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
english.aljazeera.net... mubaric is live on aljazera right now saying pretty much what we all expected but he dosent seem to confident just posting the link i think its already been posted but hes talking right now saying may god save egypt

edit he says hes NOT going anywhere but that there will be a new government tomrrow but hes staying around and i guess the people are still chanting for his removal
edit on 28-1-2011 by KilrathiLG because: more info

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Naharnet:

0:25am Mubarak: I asked the government to resign and I will protect the security of Egypt

I don't think he gets it.

0:24am Mubarak: I call on the youth to serve the interests of the Nation
0:21am Mubarak: I am for the pursuit of reforms however not with this type of violent protest
0:21am Mubarak: I listen to the people's pulse, but this must be done by dialogue
0:20am Mubarak: I am for a free and democratic Egypt

0:15am Mubarak: I gave instructions to the government to give citizens the opportunity to express themselves

Yeah, right. Suuuuuuure.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Off topic, but Jordan now too? Check it english.aljazeera.net...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
not much new from aj but im sure by now the people have all heard his speech and are probably just getting more and more mad minute by minute and does any one know if they ever got that fire out yet? the one threatening the natural history museum?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Not off topic at all. This thread encompasses the entire Middle East! Note this part, though:

In the third consecutive Friday of protests,

Been going on for a while in Jordan.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
This is telling, and exactly the reason the US and all external countries need to stay OUT of these protests and keep their feelings to themselves:

President Mubarak also made mention of the protests which continued into a fourth day across Egypt. He defended the actions of the security forces, and said he 'regretted' the casualties, but described the protests as part of plot to destabilise Egypt and destroy the legitimacy of his regime.

It's unclear whether he's referring to the protesters or external influences, but it's a bit of an intentionally ambiguous statement, if you ask me. Anyone can interpret it the way it suits them best, be that a Zionist plot, a dissident plot, etc.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Okay...today's headline...still going on then. Thanks! I've been on the road and am getting caught up today...nice day off. How's Yemen doing?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
obamas speaking now on the Egyptian issue

mostly said the same as every body else let them protest just not violently turn back on the internet and cellphones and try to get a resoloution to the matter as soon as reasonably possible i kinda expected a harsher tone from him but thats just my opinion
edit on 28-1-2011 by KilrathiLG because: summary

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
GREAT WORK BY EVERYONE!!!!!! Thanks a lot!!!!!

Originally posted by Shenon
Heh,Vitchilo is gonna kick himself in the Nuts over and over for missing those Historic Moments

Yes I am.
`

Mark as SpamReport as AbuseOperation Egypt if people can get word to ppl in Egypt : plz let them know that Wikileaks has released many cables today revealing Mubarak's involvement in organ harvesting of children, torture and many other damaging revelations!! another reason why he shut the internet! we need fax no.s in egypt so we can send u the cables!!

wikileaks.ch...

I've read the entire cable... and it talks about child trafficking, but only in Yemen and Saudi Arabia. Nothing about Egypt. If there's really a cable that links Mubarak to organ harvesting... it's not it.

Linked him to torture, we don't need Wikileak cables for that.

Egypt protests: America's secret backing for rebel leaders behind uprising

Trying to credit themselves for this? When in fact, US money and arms helped the regime stay in power?

Official: Egypt coup may prompt revolution in Israel’s defense doctrine

A fundamental change of government in Egypt may lead to a “revolution in Israel’s security doctrine,” a defense official told Ynet Friday night, as protests against President Hosni Mubarak’s rule continued to intensify.

Meaning : a change of regime in Egypt = probably end of peace treaty with Israel = Israel to change their defense approach concerning Egypt...

British Prime Minister David Cameron calls for political reform in Egypt

Funny how those ``leaders`` in the west call for ``political reform``... bunch of cowards and sell outs. What about saying : WE SUPPORT THE EGYPTIAN PEOPLE, IT'S TIME FOR MUBARAK TO GO.

Mubarak speech was full of it.

And I'm VERY VERY VERY impressed by the Egyptians protesters. Seriously. Helping injured cops, talking with cops, protecting important museums/sites... nothing like protests in the west.

Mubarak dismisses Egyptian government, says he will appoint new government Saturday (Haaretz)

Yep... doesn't get it at all.

Alleged CIA Source Briefing On Egypt Situation

1. If Egypt falls, disaster for US. Put succinctly; "the horse we bet all our life savings on may be about to drop dead in the backstretch."

2. If Egypt gmvt falls, radical Muslim Brotherhood will be the new power, totally...

3. If Egypt falls, Jordan and Saudi are in trouble, but not necessarily gone. Even Syria is not safe.

4. Although Muslim Brotherhood would take over, the cause of revolt is not religion but the lack of jobs, horrible standard of living. Saudi and Jordan citizens have somewhat better conditions, so might be saved.

5. Egyptian Army is the absolute key. If Army stays local, Mubarak may be safe. If they falter, he is absolute toast.

6. Problem is, Army does not like Mubarak. They loved Sadat, he was one of them, but they do not like Hosni.

7. If Egypt falls, biggest winners are Iran and Russia. Iran becomes big kid on block. Russia desperately needs crude oil prices to go up to help economy. They prosper at $90 barrel crude. This could create $220, $250 a barrel crude oil prices

8. Big loser? Surprisingly not Israel. Just more enemies... who all know Israel will take war nuc if necessary to save self.... but due to US aid, Egyptian Army has great American equipment.

9. Biggest loser #2; Western Europe

10. Biggest loser #1; USA. Oil prices cripple economy. Even worse, word in every diplomatic circle becomes "See what happens to America's friends."

edit on 28-1-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
If your in America get involved,contact your rep and give them hell for supporting dictators,spread this link like wildfire. Lets fight for freedom liberty democracy and justice.

writerep.house.gov...

Put it on your fb,tweet it get it out lets do this.

Here it is Vitchilo.

According to Seyaj, local media reports and the Egyptian
government, at least 10 Yemeni children were trafficked to
Egypt for organ harvesting in 2009. The children were
repatriated to Yemen after Egyptian authorities discovered
the trafficking ring.

So Yemeni were involved but so to were somebody in Egypt. The sad part is Egypt sent the poor kids back to Yemen rather than protect them.
edit on 1/28/11 by nickoli because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Welcome back,just got up myself from a few Hours of Sleep. Pretty wild watching things unfold there.

Though if Mubarak isnt stepping down,this may get even worse,i hope the Army does the right thing,and soon.

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join