It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Middle East on fire

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

I'll try. Factions of the U.S. government still do support the Egyptian government, specifically the more CFR-centric administration now in power. They're probably not very happy about this, and in addition, they want peace there, as did Eqypt. The other faction is the more neocon/Zionist-centric, with their critical interests in the ME and continuing our "wars: there, and who most likely have been viewing the Egyptian government as an impediment to continuing those wars. (Turkey, who might be in some danger here soon.)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

So you're saying the pro-Zionists in the US government instigated this? How?

And again, how does Saudi Arabia want this happening?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Theres no deep conspiracy here.

Its the wheels finally coming off the wagon of a dictator funded by the western world. These people have a right to do what their doing. If they were Iranians or Libyans the media would be hailing them as heroes.

Its embarrassing as we now have to tap dance around the consequences of our gross hypocrisy.

Its dangerous because nobody knows where its going to go.

Supporting bad men and repressive regimes as long as they toe the line always backfires. This is just the latest example.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Cables - Here's What's really going on

"Welcome to Washington, President Mubarack"

09CAIRO874, SCENESETTER: PRESIDENT MUBARAK'S VISIT TO

Date: 2009-05-19 12:12

Cable: wikileaks.ch...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

Exactly. Thank you. No instigation by anyone but the PEOPLE, thank G-d for that.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Do you follow geopolitics? This is a decades-long build up and the plays are neverending. There's tons about this on ATS alone. Look around and see what media outlets say what kinds of things for a start. And how they say it.

It's no accident that this administration is taking steps to simmer the ME down and not get further entrenched there. Then look at where their focus is (Asia). Then look at how they align with the CFR. Then look at the CFRs stance on the ME. Then do the same for the past administrations and who they aligned in relation to these two factions and global events over decades . It's a clear and pretty obvious pattern. At least to me. You may disagree.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
One U.S. Corporation's Role in Egypt's Brutal Crackdown

Egypt also has the ability to spy on Internet and cell phone users, by opening their communication packets and reading their contents. Iran used similar methods during the 2009 unrest to track, imprison and in some cases, "disappear" truckloads of cyber-dissidents.

The companies that profit from sales of this technology need to be held to a higher standard. One in particular is an American firm, Narus of Sunnyvale, Calif., which has sold Telecom Egypt "real-time traffic intelligence" equipment.

Narus, now owned by Boeing, was founded in 1997 by Israeli security experts to create and sell mass surveillance systems for governments and large corporate clients.

The company is best known for creating NarusInsight, a supercomputer system which is allegedly used by the National Security Agency and other entities to perform mass surveillance and monitoring of public and corporate Internet communications in real time.

Narus provides Egypt Telecom with Deep Packet Inspection equipment (DPI), a content-filtering technology that allows network managers to inspect, track and target content from users of the Internet and mobile phones, as it passes through routers on the information superhighway.

Other North American and European companies are selling DPI to enable their business customers "to see, manage and monetize individual flows to individual subscribers." But this "Internet-enhancing" technology has been sought out by regimes in Iran, China and Burma for more brutal purposes.

In addition to Narus, there are a number of companies, including many others in the United States, that produce and traffic in similar spying and control technology. This list of DPI providers includes Zeugma Systems (Canada), Camiant (USA), Procera Networks (USA), Allot (Israel), Ixia (USA), AdvancedIO (Canada) and Sandvine (Canada), among others.

These companies typically partner with Internet Service Providers to insert DPI along the main arteries of the Web. All Net traffic in and out of Iran, for example, travels through one portal -- the Telecommunications Company of Iran -- which facilitates the use of DPI.

When commercial network operators use DPI, the privacy of Internet users is compromised. But in government hands, the use of DPI can crush dissent and lead to human rights violations.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

LOL, yes, I do. Do you? This is grass roots. This is a backlash against all the corruption and meddling by foreign governments. Citizens overthrowing governments is never good for any power structure, which is why the US prefers to replace one dictator with another. The US has lost its grip in the ME. Your assertion that this is a bunch of meddling by foreign powers and not just the people rising up is unsupported, regardless of how many conspiracy threads there are here (and last time I looked, there were far more Nibiru threads than Egypt/US ones----kind of shoots down the credibility of this being a conspiracy just because someone here asserts it is).

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Foregin Policy does NOT change, no matter whether its a DEM or REP in the White House

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Ellen15

Exactly. The US has funded the repression of debate and civil uprising for decades in Egypt; we certainly aren't throwing that all away now to try and depose the regime we prop up.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Yes, I do. Depends what snakes are slithering in the grass, doesn't it?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Meaning what?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ellen15

Sure it does. Sometimes those changes are subtle, but it certainly does change. A recent example was the recent peace talks.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

If you don't know, the discussion here is over. I will not be baited. Agree or disagree. State why you disagree and be done with it.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I don't understand what you mean by "depends on what snakes are slithering in the grass." Who are these snakes? Where is the grass? What part of my post were you replying to? Don't cop out because you posted some cryptic message that's not understandable. I'm asking you to clarify your post.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00
reply to post by Ellen15

Exactly. The US has funded the repression of debate and civil uprising for decades in Egypt; we certainly aren't throwing that all away now to try and depose the regime we prop up.

The US is trying to work out regardless of what happens:

Plan B
Egypt will still be used to torture on behalf of USA (at their request)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~LuciditySure it does. Sometimes those changes are subtle, but it certainly does change. A recent example was the recent peace talks.

oh sheesh

It did NOT changed for the better

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Ellen15

LOL, of course! We'll always try to take advantage of whatever situation arises and come out on top. Sigh.

Funny enough, Fox News is pushing the "Al Qaeda could take over Egypt" line. Not surprising.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Tweet:

telecomix We are now providing dialup modem service at +46850009990. user/pass: telecomix/telecomix (only for #egypt, respect that please!).

From

birgittaj We don´t need powerful leaders, we need to be powerful together!

# Name Birgitta Jónsdóttir
Member of Parliament for the Movement in Iceland

She would know, after the Icelandic people rose up against their OLD government a year back or so

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Western Media Corporations continue to issue buckets of sand for their viewers on behalf of the USA Government Narrative

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join