It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Middle East on fire

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Back, here's what i'm getting:

english.aljazeera.net... 272.html
"Egypt's Muslims and Christians will go out to fight against corruption, unemployment and oppression and absence of freedom," a page with more than 70,000 signatories said.

JerusalemFilms
BREAKING: State Security has now entered the building where Al Jazeera is reporting from the heart of Cairo #Egypt #1M #Jan28
JerusalemFirstFilms
Al-Jazeera: Curfew declared in the cities of Cairo, Alexandria and Suez #Egypt #1M #Jan28
JerusalemFirstFilms
:: BREAKING ALJAZEERA:: in Alexandria -Police are starting to refuse firing on protesters and are changing sides!! #Egypt #1M #JAN28

majda72
AJE just reported that the police have abandoned Alexandria, Alex is in the hands of the protestors. #jan25 #egypt #jan28

TheTruthNetwork TRUTH by harukosakaedani
♻ BREAKING #Egypt #jan28 BBC Arabic: Egyptian journalist Ahmad Ali estimates that the number of protesters in Alexandria has reached 100,000

english.aljazeera.net...

WATCH NOW.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Mark as SpamReport as AbuseOperation Egypt if people can get word to ppl in Egypt : plz let them know that Wikileaks has released many cables today revealing Mubarak's involvement in organ harvesting of children, torture and many other damaging revelations!! another reason why he shut the internet! we need fax no.s in egypt so we can send u the cables!!

Lets get these cables,can anyone confirm?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
This countdown to curfew is way more exciting than any New Year's Eve I've ever had. (Exciting as in interesting, not as in "cool", to be clear)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I am sorry to say but I saw this happening from last year.
It is not going to get better.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by nickoli

I can't even find Wikileaks itself anymore. There's mirrors, but none of the links or anything work. How are they releasing new cables?

ETA: Wedeman is reporting black smoke, buildings on fire in Cairo, live feed showing lots of traffic, army vehicles everywhere.
edit on 28-1-2011 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

ETA: Tweets saying internet is down in Syria now as well
edit on 28-1-2011 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

Think it might be in here but I cant find it.

wikileaks.ch...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by nickoli

Well done! Thanks! Now, what specifically do you want---the organ harvesting stuff? I will look.....

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I lost the al Jazeera feed.

Apparently via state TV Mubarrak announced that the army would help police in enforcing the curfew. Al Jazeera was still live, despite security police being in the building. A police APC was being dumped into the NIle in front of them

There's already casualties, there will be more tonight i'm sure

Baredei is a good choice, but i doubt the west would be happy about him.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Here it is.

wikileaks.ch...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The ruling Nationalist party's HQ building in Cairo is now on fire in full flames!

From the AJ newsfeed link!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
In thinking about what may be instigating this, beyond the obvious assertions made so far, which may or may not be tools being used to manipulate people into rioting and rebelling, I'd have to say I betcha Saudi Arabia and all her corporate allies want Egypt out of the picture because Egypt was getting far too "westernized" and sane about Middle Eastern geopolitics. Turkey might just be in the same boat. In other words, the same people who want Iran want this to be happening.

May the people stay as safe as possible....

english.aljazeera.net...
edit on 1/28/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I'd say that's unlikely, given the fact that all surrounding nations are on pins and needles hoping their own people won't go the way of Tunisia, Saudi Arabia included. It would be a mighty stupid move on their part. None of the governments want this kind of activity nearby inspiring their own people.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
voices.washingtonpost.com... otests_in_egypt.html

Excellent general update, with a lot of good images.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Heh,Vitchilo is gonna kick himself in the Nuts over and over for missing those Historic Moments

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Live feed.

www.presstv.ir...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Oh, I'm not speaking about overt actions or even necessarily the actions/stances of the leaders that actually face the people. It goes way beyond the country level, but is more entrenched in the bowels of most of these governments, even within the U.S.government, where we see two obvious warring factions playing point-counterpoint.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
www.moonofalabama.org... -protests-in-egypt.html#more

An excellent read.

Unconfirmed reports Mubarak has left Egypt. I noticed that just after he ws supposed to appear on state tv, the crowds immediately surged that way. The live broadcast was cancelled shortly thereafter.

Trees outside the Cairo museum were apparently on fire, but another report says that firemen had arrived.

History in the making tonight.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Hum,Brent Oil up at 99.40 atm

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

You're gonna have to put those dots a little closer for me. How is this good for anyone who's in power in Egypt right now? How is this good for the US's power elite? We've supported the Mubarak regime for decades. Why would any faction in power want to further muddy these particular waters, and with no clear winner after all is done?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I'll try. Factions of the U.S. government still do support the Egyptian government, specifically the more CFR-centric administration now in power. They're probably not very happy about this, and in addition, they want peace there, as did Eqypt. The other faction is the more neocon/Zionist-centric, with their critical interests in the ME and continuing our "wars: there, and who most likely have been viewing the Egyptian government as an impediment to continuing those wars. (Turkey, who might be in some danger here soon.)

new topics

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join