It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Middle East on fire

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Israel has no right to do those recce's over Lebanese airspace and the Lebanese have the RIGHT to open fire on any intruder's with unidentified tags

War is coming all of us feel it.. Israel will be swallowed by the Arab horde's they will have a minimum of three fronts going.

Perhaps the Zionist's can be defeated...

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Raider of Truth

Perhaps we should remain neutral and recognise the potential suffering on both sides?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Iran uses proxies to avoid confrontations with serious powers. It has financed and armed Hezbollah and Hamas to provoke Israel, and is now interfering with regimes in Syria, Lebanon, Yemen and the Sudan.

A thrashing around in Iran as the Ayatollahs and Revolutionary Guard are feeling a war might consolidate their loss of grip on the population.

Russia is not as eager to protect Iran. They like to profit from selling them second rate equipment and technology at premium prices but don't really want an aggressive nuclear regime run by religious fanatics as neighbours.

The US, Britain, Israel, France have been waiting for Iran to make a misstep as an excuse to put down their disruption of the entire region. Iran has few allies.

This might be all be more about Yemen. The Saudis want to reassert their controls and Iran is their biggest competitor.

The Iranians make a lot of noise but back down when it comes to direct warfare. We'll see if the hold to pattern.

M

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Hmm very interesting. I have noticed some people saying that they are just running training ops on the borders. But I believe that to be only a cover.

They would not need to instigate by tapping into Lebonese water supply if that was the case.

It appears that within the coming weeks something is going to give and we could have a large scale conflict on our hands. If this is the case then the US is going to be a major participant in this.

This could open a serious gash in the already unstable diplomatic situation the United States is involved with over in the middle east. The cards are on the table ladies and gentlemen. Lets see how this one plays out.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Well... it's been coming but is this more words and no action...

part of me wants them to just sort it out and have done with it but the other part of me knows that if this kicks off then World War III will begin. If Isreal is losing then it fires Nuclear weapons and millions of innocent civilians die... if Isreal is winning then millions of innocent civilians die...

Isreal will fight to the death and Isreal has the weapons to kill millions...

Not good, although from a strategic point of view, Isreal without nukes but with all their technological supremacy versus Syria, Lebannon and Iran would be an interesting battle... shame it really does not work like that and the first casulty of war is innocence.

Let's just hope for all our sakes that this is just words or if not it quickly dies down like it did in the past.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
As people have also said... The MSM in the West has nothing about this at all.

All i've found on Sky News is loads of Haiti quake reports followed by one report on Anti-Semetic hackers... and the rest about the suicide bombings in Kabul... The UK is most definately distracted...

Anti-Semetic Hackers

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
#s going to hit the fan real soon, its quite obviouse Isreal is bolstering its military in preperation for a strike on Iran, it's only a matter of time.

We wont know anything on mainstream news untill things have escalated a bit more, they need to be sure #s gonna hit the fan before they scare millions on people with the thought of WW3

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Yeah if Israel is dumb enough to bomb Tartus and kill russians...

Israel is a small country which is besieged daily by extremist Islamic militants with the backing of Islamic countries... The Russians, the Chinese, and some others provide arms, military technology, and even training to muslim nations and to Islamic extremist militants...

You think Israel should just watch as these countries keep arming their sworn enemies who want the total destruction of Israel?....

I really wish all the people who keep bashing Israel would live for one week in Israel, as a Jewish person and see what happens there...

Yes, unfortunately there are innocent people also on the Palestinian side, as well as some other islamic countries but you all should know by now that the Islamic militants and the Islamic governments all want the total destruction of Israel and are working towards this goal every freaking day.... and these Islamic extremist countries, and extremist militants don't give a crap if many innocent people on their own side die... it actually gives them more propaganda to use against Irael...

What would you do if you were the Israeli government?...and please don't start with the "move somewhere else"... the Jewish people have as much right as Arab Muslims, and other ethnic people to live in that area and to have their own country...

Would you just watch as your sworn enemies keep getting armed, and getting ready for the total destruction of your country, and your people?....

[edited to add comments]

[edit on 18-1-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Ahhhh... a refreshing new rumor of war. Great thread !

Will our humar race ever learn? I guess this is what we do best, we war with eachother and kill eachother! Amazing!!!! WAR = the essence of ignorance !

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Syria is a real problem that isn't getting enough time in the western eye.

It's a dictatorship, it's anti american, anti israeli and pro islamo-fascist.

however, they also are a good landing spot for rendition flights and don't take issue with torturing people for other people on behalf of their governments who are not allowed totorture due to their you know...laws and constitution and what not.

Saudi Arabia and the UAE have loads of people in them that fund these terrorists and sympathize with them all day long. And to discipline them and get them on board? NOTHING.

afghanistan = dirt hole that hasn't been civilized for 3 generations and is now just an ordinance targeting area.

iraq= a sand hole weakened by 12 years of sanctions and then beaten to a pulp in a falsely declared war.

Iran = sunni muslim country. Fairly proud and highly defensive. If I was them I'd be breaking my back to develop an adequate threat that would keep the west out of my face with their brutal "foreign policy" in the rest of the area.

Yemen = pile of crap/powerless

Oman= pile of crap/powerless

Dubai = boot lick for anyone with cash

Pakistan = should be the target but isn't because?

India = Just as bad as Pakistan, but at least they spend most of their time trying to do business with us instead of blowing us up. They just blow themselves up internally. In which case, who cares right?

Indonesia = problems, but nothing that can't be held in check

anyway, beside oil and ideology, it behooves all the west to not let the Caliphate rise again under any circumstance. New Crusades anyone?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
USA = pile of crap/puts their nose in other countrys business where it doesnt belong.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
dupe

[edit on 18-1-2010 by Itop1]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Woah hey Russia's in on this now too? And on the opposing side of Israel? Interesting...

It really does read out like a Tom Clancy novel, as someone said before. However, they're almost constantly on the brink of war over there. So, if something's going to happen, I doubt we will have much warning as whatever it is might just seem like the norm over there...

[edit on 18-1-2010 by CaptainIraq]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by wiredamerican

Israel about to go into Lebanon/strike Iran?

I really hope so. Something has got to give here. All countries in that corner live in a constant state of fear of missiles and bombs. I hope they all fight each other , the whole middle east, and whoever is best shall win and live in peace.

It sounds so bad that I am longing for the day they blow each other up, but it has got to happen sometime, and diplomacy is not going to do it.

There is only one 800 pound gorilla in that region and that is Israel, a full blown conflict and they will be victorious. No one really want a war, its hideous (Jericho) and if Iran also have nuclear weapons capability it would be devastating. Does everyone really believe that Iran would strike first if they had nuclear weapons ? What if Iran already have them and when Israel decides to bomb their nuclear facilities it would tip the scale and start a nuclear war in the middle east.

Great post OP btw, it really reads out like a Tom Clancy novel. Scary though, i think of Armageddon.

[edit on 18-1-2010 by rhines]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
This may be nothing...
18:37 Israel temporarily closes border crossings with Egypt, Jordan due to rains (AP)

Due to rain...I hear there's really floods out there... but eh...

A few news...
13:08 Report: Israel to buy naval gear at cost of billion euros from Germany (Army Radio)
15:25 Iran vows to avenge Israel over professor`s murder (AP)
20:19 Iran opposition urges backers to rally during Islamic Revolution anniversary (AP)

And US Ambassador Mitchell going to Beirut tomorrow... maybe to make a deal with the government to side against Hezbollah...

Islamic revolution anniversary coming... striking on the day of the anniversary would be a big blow to the regime...

The celebrations are between January 31 to February 10...

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Another news...

Iran rejects call to ship nuclear material abroad

This will not help peace...

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
More news...

From Haaretz...

21:42 U.S. says Iran response to nuclear deal is inadequate (Reuters)
04:31 U.S. officials: Iran seen advancing atom bomb research, not full program (Reuters)

11:02 Netanyahu convening political security cabinet for intelligence briefing (Haaretz)

This is interesting... this could be an intelligence briefing on Iran... or Hezbollah and making plans to attack...

11:37 U.S. Mideast envoy: Lebanon is key to regional peace (AP)

Key to regional peace as in ``we've got to get rid of Hezbollah to get peace?`` or ``we've got to make a deal with Hezbollah to have peace``?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
edited..

[edit on 20-1-2010 by December_Rain]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
A possible game changer happened today...

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu slammed the opposition on Wednesday of submitting a no-confidence motion against the government

Meaning this pass, new elections will be held and Netanyahu will probably be kicked out of power...

This could be very good or very bad...

Very good : Netanyahu losses and a moderate comes to power and stop the lies about Iran.

Very bad : Netayahu strikes Iran before being kicked out of power... or an extremist takes power and strike Iran...

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
A possible game changer happened today...

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu slammed the opposition on Wednesday of submitting a no-confidence motion against the government

Meaning this pass, new elections will be held and Netanyahu will probably be kicked out of power...

This could be very good or very bad...

Very good : Netanyahu losses and a moderate comes to power and stop the lies about Iran.

Very bad : Netayahu strikes Iran before being kicked out of power... or an extremist takes power and strike Iran...

A fatal design flaw in the Israeli parliamentary infrastructure. Too many small parties and the larger ones dependent on precarious coalitions of minority groups.

Characteristic of not fully matured political systems.

No one in the Middle East want a nuclear war. They're too close together to escape physical fallout.

Iran will continue to sabre-rattle displaying it's insecurity. Politicians reply but are learning to ignore the rhetoric in their foreign policy decisions.

When and if Iran ever shuts up, it will be time to worry.

M

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join