It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crazy Weather in Melbourne

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Wild weather, including a mini-tornado, hit Melbourne's eastern suburbs overnight testing emergency services already stretched by Victoria's bushfires. State Emergency Service (SES) Central Duty Officer Michael Potter said about 160 SES volunteers worked through the night, to answer about 500 calls for assistance from residents.

The worst storm damage was in suburban Blackburn about 6pm (AEDT) yesterday, but a surge of calls also came from nearby Nunawading and Croydon. "A mini-tornado went through Main Street, Blackburn, and caused extensive damage ... There were roofs with holes, trees uprooted and power lines were downed," Mr Potter said early today. "We've had quite a number of our volunteers assisting with the fires so this has come at the wrong time."

There also were reports of flash flooding, and Mr Potter said more stormy weather was forecast for today and the weekend. The Bureau of Meteorology has a current "severe thunderstorm warning" issued for Melbourne, and it warns residents to be prepared for high winds and even flash flooding. "Severe thunderstorms have redeveloped over the Central District.

Wind gusts to 110 kph are possible with these thunderstorms," says the warning, issued at 5.40am today. "Localised heavy rainfall is also possible." Loose objects on properties - such as picnic umbrellas - should be secured and residents should stay indoors and away from possible falling tree branches. Motorists should not attempt to drive through flooded streets, the bureau said.

The crazy part is just last week it was going through a heatwave! Averaging just over 40 degrees Celsius, Now it's down to 10 degrees with snow falling on Mount Hotham in the middle of summer!!

Seriously, what going on with the weather around the world lately?

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Summer 2009 in the States was utter crap. We had cold rain almost every single day. Not a single day reached 90 degrees in NY for the first time in like 100 years.

It could be a normal earth weather pattern. I do hope this summer is different though. What a bummer that was!

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Crazy weather in Sydney, too

Here were are, mid-January

Ordinarily (and I've been around quite a few decades) we're sweltering at this time of year

Usually, the daytime temps are in the mid to high 30s and the nights aren't much better

Yet here we are, enjoying low 20s and apart from one or two exceptions, it's been this way for weeks (and mild summers, previously big exceptions) have been enjoyed for the past couple of years

There's rain around .. lots of it. You see it build. Big storm clouds building up all around

Then along come the totally out-of-season savage winds which ... in co-oridination with almost continual Chemtrailing -- disperse the rain, send it packing

Yes. THEY control the weather

It's no secret. They were boasting about it not long ago

I don't care WHO claims this is not true. You won't fool me. You won't change my mind. You won't stop me saying it in fora. You won't stop us photographing the blatant Chemtrailing or the Chemtrailed loops and crosses in teh sky above our heads

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

I know right? I live in Sydney too and the weather has actually been pretty nice. Occasionally we'll get a ridiculously humid day but then it'll start raining and be cold as anything.

Compared to every other Summer this one is def the wierdest.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
OMG Mini Tornadoes.... Do you know what is really weird is we are getting hurricans in Tassie of all places to (I originally come from there and its not heard of at all), they have had, I htink, 3 in that last 6 months.
Canberra is getting weird to, normally around this time of year is stinking hot, we are going between cool and just warm (we just got over a hot spell this last week as well).
Pretty much strange things going on all over the place.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Chem Trails here are really bad, we can wake in the morning head out to work, reasonable clear sky, you see the planes going over head spraying what ever it is they are spraying, and the next thing its a really cloudy day. The best thing about the Chemtrails here is that we also get the Contrails as well, and you can certainly see the difference in the lines and what they do....

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
The term "mini-Tornado" is misleading and factually incorrect as there's no such Meteological Term. A Tornado is a Tornado regardless of size, wether its a F1 or a F5. Media outlets have been using the term "mini" to somehow convince the viewers that these F1/F2 events are somehow less of a danger than the larger Tornado's, when infact a F1 will still have enough Mesocyclonic wind to roll a car or rip out entire buildings.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

Yeah the tornado seemed pretty vicious. I ripped off an asbestos roof for a yacht club and now people are panicked about all the asbestos that might've been released. It did rip up roof and cars though too lol

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Seeker

Sorry to hear the Chemtrail devils (very probably Oz Navy) are dousing you too. I know they're dumping it down all along the Queensland coast also

Same in UK. Same everywhere that has access to the Net, in fact

Yet it's humans who're producing the Chems. Obviously we don't import it from Big Satan US .. not in the amounts they use it in Oz. There wouldn't be enough container ships on the planet to transport it from US to Oz at the rate it's dumped on Aussies

So .. somewhere in the Lucky Country are factories producing the Chems flat out. Around the clock, most probably

And those factories employ people. Some of them know what it is they're producing. But they were probably forced to sign confidentiality docs, most likely

Then there's the transportation from the factories to the airports. Planes ? Tankers/trucks ? So there again, some Aussies are paying their mortgages courtesy of the Chemtrail Industry

Once it's at the airports, it has to be stored. So that's more Aussies being paid to help poison Aussies, Aussie water, Aussie foods, etc

It needs to be transferred from storage and into the Chem Planes. So there's another human link in this inhuman agenda

And then the pilots. Picking up good money by spraying this onto Aussies' heads and food and water, school play-grounds, etc

How many Aussies does the Aussie Chemtrail Industry employ ?

Same in the US, UK, Europe generally, etc. etc.

Just about everyone employed by the Chemtrail Industry is connected to others .. family, spouse, in-laws, children, siblings, cousins, neighbours, etc

AND THEY ARE ALL KEEPING VERY QUIET, AREN'T THEY ?

They are traitors to their country and their fellow-man

They are accessories before and after the fact

They are accomplices in more than a decade of grave crimes against society

OUT A CHEMTRAIL WORKER TODAY .. BREAK THE CHAIN OF SILENCE

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Occy Anonymous

It's not that crazy that this sort of storm comes from a heatwave. We usually always have some nasty storm activity after a hot day up here in QLD (i'm looking forward to this afternoons!
), i'm not sure how it all works with the pressure etc, (that's OZ's job
) but i've heard stories about melb and parts of syd copping some awful storms in summer, they don't seem to be as often, but they seem to smash through and cause a bit of damage. We see tornadoes up here every so often in storms apparently - but here's a wiki that lists some all over australia.

Tornadoes in Aust Wiki

just part of living in Australia i guess, be prepared for a storm at any time. Always have your radio, torch, batteries, candles ready & your car insured for hail, storm, flood, falling trees and all other sorts of damage!

[edit on 17/1/2010 by bkaust]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Oh god, the press used the term "mini tornado" again. We hate it when they use that term (here at the Bureau), its either a tornado, or its not...there's no such thing as a mini tornado....grrrrrr

By the way, its nothing unusual. Before the entire global warming concept was even thought of, this type of weather was happening. Summer in Melbourne is always like this, according to my climate records.

The only reason its going to be cold in melbourne is due to the high pressure system (which I am getting right now), bringing in cold wind from the southern ocean. Because high pressure systems have anti-clockwise winds (in the southern hemisphere, opposite in the northern), the leading edge will always bring in cold air if the system is located over the southern coast of Australia.

I can guarantee that as the system moves further east, the temperature will gradually increase as the winds shift from southerly, to easterly and then to northerly again

Nothing unusual, people just need a basic knowledge of meteorology adn they will understand it

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Aha, I was hoping you would turn up.

Thanks for letting us non meteorologists know what's up. It just seems to me these "crazy" weather patterns are getting a lot more press coverage then usual. Could just be going with an apocalyptic theme for ratings though...

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Occy Anonymous
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Aha, I was hoping you would turn up.

Thanks for letting us non meteorologists know what's up. It just seems to me these "crazy" weather patterns are getting a lot more press coverage then usual. Could just be going with an apocalyptic theme for ratings though...

Well as global warming and climate change etc have become more widely known, the press uses severe weather as a source for news storys I think. Combine that with the fact that we use the media as an outlet for our forecasts and warnings, and you have lots of weather news

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Occy Anonymous

Yeah i've noticed when it's a slow news period they really ramp up the weather/earthquake/cyclone topics more then usual. After the samoan earthquake in oct they reported every eq over 5 on our local news site as 'breaking news' then after about 2 weeks, they stopped reporting any at all, you know what i mean? they post what the public are aware about for awhile, then move on to the next 'sensational' news

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by bkaust

Hahaha, yeah it's a sad world when the most exciting news story is the weather... Or maybe I'm just noticing it a bit more because of this site

Here's hoping its just crap journalism like usual

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Melbourne has always got somewhat odd weather, in my opinion. Unusual weather is the... usual. In Melbourne, if we get wind blowing from the north it can get very hot, if it's from the south it can suddenly become quiet cool again, even within the time frame of a couple of hours. I can see across Port Phillip Bay, you can usually see a massive storm storm front approaching.

Here in Melbourne we very seldom get "chemtrails", or more correctly, persistent contrails.

[edit on 18/1/2010 by C0bzz]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Edit - LOL Sorry wrong storm

[edit on 9/3/2010 by wycky]

new topics

top topics

join