It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Programming: Meltdown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Amazing, the Colonel is actually posting outside of the Mudpit. In any event, something strange struck me last night as I was watching my favorite TV show, The Shield.

See, FX has a new movie coming out called "Meltdown." Its about Midlde Eastern terrorists taking over a nuclear facility and threatening to blow it up: Instant nuclear bomb. I thought to myself, "Why would you have a movie like this on TV. Terrorists watch TV too. Why give them the idea?"

Then, it occured to me that maybe this is actually what they do have planned and this movie is just getting us primed for what may occur---without government news scares? Maybe the government is getting us primed to hate and fear Arabs even more with this movie? Maybe the government is programming us for future events?

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
Amazing, the Colonel is actually posting outside of the Mudpit. In any event, something strange struck me last night as I was watching my favorite TV show, The Shield.

Nothing good can become of this.

Then, it occured to me that maybe this is actually what they do have planned and this movie is just getting us primed for what may occur---without government news scares? Maybe the government is getting us primed to hate and fear Arabs even more with this movie? Maybe the government is programming us for future events?

Then why would they put it on cable? Wouldn't the government prefer to go to the networks to broadcast it so as to get more people to watch it and thus be programmed?

Or, are you trying to imply that the goverment only wants to program people who have the ability to watch cable television?

Personally I think it is a big plot by FX to get what we call "viewers."

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I had the same though Colonel. I've been seeing the previews for the movie for about 2 weeks now, I can't wait to see it.

I even posted something about it in an ATSSN news article earlier this week, I don't remember which one though.

I also know what CoolHand is saying, they want viewers, and today's news is covered with terrorist related reports, so they're going for what's hot at the moment.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
First of all, Cooll Hand, no insults here. I offered none and I will accept none. We're not in the mudpit. Next, why would they go to the networks? A film like that is a big ratings gamble in sweeps season while FX can take on more riskier projects. Its better for the netowrks to go with their powerhouses like American Idol or Fear Factor rather than a movie.

Also, Murdoch, owner of FX, is friends with the Bush administration. So, again, maybe they are trying to prime us for a future event. The government has been saying everyday that an attack is inevitable this summer.

[Edited on 26-5-2004 by Colonel]

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   

First of all, Cooll Hand, no insults here. I offered none and I will accept none. We're not in the mudpit. Next, why would they go to the networks? A film like that is a big ratings gamble in sweeps season while FX can take on more riskier projects.

Where did I insult anyone?

Also, Murdoch, owner of FX, is friends with the Bush administration. So, again, maybe they are trying to prime us for a future event. The government has been saying everyday that an attack is inevitable this summer.

They need to pick a more realisitic topic to prepare us for. FX did little in the way of research as to how nuclear power plants work. Look at the feedback that is being generated at the website for the movie.

However, I guess that FX is playing up to its audience here. They know that for the most part, the people that would watch something like that do not know how a reactor works and would be willing to accept whatever is placed in front of them as the truth.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I think most of these movies and shows are to get us prepared but also to keep us as the "unbelieving" crowd. You look through alot of these threads and most of them have a common thread. Most people just don't believe that anything will happen, 911 was the exception. The masses are being brainwashed by all this propaganda, entertainment and the like. They want us to be numb to anything that is real.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Alternately maybe they want us to be unprepared. "Its just a TV show - it couldn't possibly happen in real life' ... and then it does.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 01:25 AM
link   
It's a huge case of mind control. I for one am very skeptical about what is right in front of me. I have a tendency to tear it apart, see through it and discern what it is. I take NOTHING as fact.

Colonel, when is this movie/show going to be on TV?

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Its the media, they will show anything that attracts people's attention. Right now people are aware of terrorism more than ever before in some countries like the US.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Like prior to 911 there were at least 3 tv shows where terrorist hijacked airliners and tried to crash them into manhattan. One was Lone Gunmen episode, one Marshall Law episode and the third one I cant recall. In Lone Gunmen it was remote piloted airliner and in Marshall Law there was 3 different planes used if I remember right. When I saw these I thought to myself that "that's where they got the idea".

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Its because Hollywood gets ratings and a lot of money playing on peoples fears and current events imo. Fear sells.

I just said this on another post earlier today. It could also be what you suggest, but my opinion is that it is most likely because they know it will get ratings. Look at The Day After back in the 80's when everyone was talking about nuclear war.

And The Day After Tomorrow coming out, that was also based on facts and fears of people and global warming, its Hollywood making a buck.

But, I think some things are dumb, like when the media hypes how vulnerable we are...thats just dumb, don't tell the terrorists that!! Geeze.

[Edited on 27-5-2004 by Darkblade71]

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 01:44 AM
link   
If the government is in on the media, and pulling this kind of tricks, then we have a lot to worry about.

And, frankly, I wouldn't doubt for a second that they are. Just take a look at the pilot episode of "The Lone Gunmen" for a chilling example... I'd offer to host it, but I deleted it ten minutes ago when I was searching for a virus

Anyway, the possiblity is certainly there. If the dark side of the government that's so popularly theorized is out there (and I don't doubt that it is), then this kind of thing could be happening all around us. From the popularization of UFO lore and "space age" bullcrap in the 50s to modern-day obsession with disaster stories and fictionalized terrorist attacks, there are a lot of angles they could be coming from.

I think I'm going to go hide under my bed now

new topics

top topics

join