It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there Other civilizations & If so Arent they to far away to even come in contact with us?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Considering how far each galaxys are apart even if there were other Lifeforms out there they would be to far away to contact! What are your opinions?

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
At our current level of tecnology it would be near impossible for a human to reach many of the solar systems we see in their lifetime but that's really based on what we know of OUR technology and it's limitations. An advanced civilization may have the technology to make great leaps in distance or time that we cannot comprehend yet.

Of course that's just conjecture but it's interesting to consider.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Well we are not going to find them anytime soon so if it happens it will depend on their ability and technology. It all depends on what sort of transpertation advances that they have mastered: Wormholes, FTL (Faster then light) travel, etc.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
It depends

We could have the tech and know how

But i dont think they would as it could cause many probs back home

cma

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
If there are other civilizations we have come in contact with, the government is hiding it. I think we probably HAVE recieved distant OTHER radio waves. I took apart the info from SETI i downloaded from their website and saw some odd patterns not of interfering (like waves from stars, ect.) qualities.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by cma
If there are other civilizations we have come in contact with, the government is hiding it. I think we probably HAVE recieved distant OTHER radio waves. I took apart the info from SETI i downloaded from their website and saw some odd patterns not of interfering (like waves from stars, ect.) qualities.

So you're saying that an advanced alien civilization is exchanging RADIO waves with us and you've successfully interpreted signals that trained SETI operators have not?

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Preest--I swear that you remind me of someone.

top topics

join