It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chi/Phi/Psi Does anyone have any information on it?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I want information on how to do it, how it works, why ir works, and the science behind it.

I hate to make a thread just about this, but I figure this is the best place to get information on it.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
here is one of the few videos that has yet to be proven as a fake... guys name is "john chang"

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by The Cloak

HOLY CRAP...that video is seriously intense...that's compelling stuff...I'm watching the video they linked saying "is this how he did it?" now...should be interesting...but I believe he lit that newspaper on fire using chi or what ever...

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
actually they ran alot of tests on him and couldn't figure out how he did what he did....there are a few videos about him on youtube.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Cloak
here is one of the few videos that has yet to be proven as a fake... guys name is "john chang"

I saw that just the other day. That's what has lead me to the questions.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
it doesnt exist, Just another way to scam the ignorant.

there are videos of how this is proven to be fake. im sorry. look up chi energy revealed.

[edit on 17-1-2010 by Wertdagf]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Search engines are your friend, although I am somewhat puzzled as to what you mean. I know of Qi, or badly spelt Chi, the concept of subtle energy originating from Traditional Chinese Medicine, also called Prana by the Vedas. But I have no idea what you mean by phi (a number) or psi? The three things have absolutely nothing in common.

Here you can learn a bit more about Qi (read tchee, or chi):

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
This website is pretty old and dont think it has been updated in quite some time. But it has tons of material on Psi working. It is pretty much the same as Chi is described but more for westerners

www.psionguild.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Dear lord, how can you be so ignorant? I am amused by your very vehement statement, which unfortunately is wildly innacurate.

The concept of Qi has more than (at the very least) two thousand years.

Are you telling me they created a "scam" that long ago? And created an extremely powerful system of medicine based on it (Traditional Chinese Medicine)?

Riiight.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I was under the impression that there were some kind of instrument that could measure chi, could easily have been a hoax though, doesn't really matter to me, to me chi is very real.

Edit: Isn't orgone supposed to be chi/qi/prana?

[edit on 17-1-2010 by TheLaughingGod]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

look up chi energy revealed.
I think that's the video I just watched...but The Cloak reckons they did tests on him and couldn't figure out how he did it...I'll have to do sum more research on the guy...

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

Yes, orgone is a kind of "modern rediscovery" of Qi by wilhelm reich, as they refer to exactly the same thing.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rikhart
Search engines are your friend, although I am somewhat puzzled as to what you mean. I know of Qi, or badly spelt Chi, the concept of subtle energy originating from Traditional Chinese Medicine, also called Prana by the Vedas. But I have no idea what you mean by phi (a number) or psi? The three things have absolutely nothing in common.

Here you can learn a bit more about Qi (read tchee, or chi):

en.wikipedia.org...

I ment Qi, they all sound similar, so I get them confused. Look up Psi. .

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
..been searching for this info for some years myself too..

Incase you find something "real" please feel free to post it here too, or send it to me by private messages.

To anyone claiming Qi energy is fake -> every living organism has an electromagnetic field (that is measurable - every organ has that -> this is why electromagnetic fields affect humans), and every living organism emits also energy -> heat..

[edit on 17-1-2010 by Jussi]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
If you dont believe in Chi or Aura , you might want to take a look here:

en.wikipedia.org...

This is what happens when your Chi or aura suffers a Short-circuit for some reason the aura , chi or body magnetic field is unstable.

You can also read this case about a man that suffered Human spontaneous combustion :
en.wikipedia.org...

See the statements of the expert of the FBI:

Krogman was frequently consulted by the FBI for this reason but after examining the scene and reading the FBI's report, he strongly disputed the FBI's conclusions concerning Reeser. However, the full circumstances of the death—and Krogman's objections to the FBI's version of events—would not become known publicly for a decade.
[edit] Quotations

In a 1961 article for The General Magazine and History Chronicle of the University of Pennsylvania, Krogman wrote extensively about the Reeser case. His remarks included:

"I find it hard to believe that a human body, once ignited, will literally consume itself -- burn itself out, as does a candle wick, guttering in the last residual pool of melted wax [...] Just what did happen on the night of July 1, 1951, in St. Petersburg, Florida? We may never know, though this case still haunts me."

With regard to Reeser's shrunken skull, Krogman wrote:

"[...]The head is not left complete in ordinary burning cases. Certainly it does not shrivel or symmetrically reduce to a smaller size. In presence of heat sufficient to destroy soft tissues, the skull would literally explode in many pieces. I have never known any exception to this rule."

Krogman concluded:

"I cannot conceive of such complete cremation without more burning of the apartment itself. In fact the apartment and everything in it should have been consumed. [...] I regard it as the most amazing thing I have ever seen. As I review it, the short hairs on my neck bristle with vague fear. Were I living in the Middle Ages, I'd mutter something about black magic."

Chi and Aura are the same type of energy, there are ways to control it.
With constant practice you can master the powers of Chi , but of course it takes a LOT of practice, you need to practice every single day for at least 1 hour during 5 years to get a minimum result.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I have personally experienced chi projection from a practitioner in phoenix. Its when i was searching for a tai chi instructor there. I eventually wound up not taking instruction from him, as i found him to be a bit arrogant, however I was impressed with one thing. When i asked him what tai chi did for him, what it brought to his life, and if he could demonstrate "chi" for me, he laid his hand on my arm, and i instantly felt heat flow down my arm on one side from his and, and back up the other side of my arm.

Chi IS the basis upon which most chinese medicine works, and chinese med is the oldest and most successful in the world. It is the basis for all accupuncture, and i can tell you from personal experience that accupuncture can do some amazing things. My girlfriend was a practitioner, and it went far beyond "placebo effect for pain control". There were even 2 accupuncture points that could be used during a breach birth that make a baby turn around in the womb. Absolutely incredible.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
it doesnt exist, Just another way to scam the ignorant.

there are videos of how this is proven to be fake. im sorry. look up chi energy revealed.

[edit on 17-1-2010 by Wertdagf]

Hmmm, I'm not sure your logic is sound in this case.

First, there is the illogical assumption that if I can replicate an instance of a phenomenon by trickery, it implies that the original phenomenon is also the result of trickery. This implication works only if you can establish that the only way to obtain the phenomenon is by trickery. That no one can do since the very best claim any reasonable person can make is that the only way they know of to produce the phenomenon is via trickery, which of course does not invalidate the original phenomenon unless you are also making the outrageous claim of omniscience.

Second is the idea of proof. Even if this one instance of claimed Chi power were shown to be fake, that one instance does not prove that Chi phenomenon does not exist. Suppose that it is raining outside. A number of people come in who are wet from the rain, or at least so they claim. One person fakes going out into the rain by getting into the shower in his clothes. If you find out about this one person's deception, would it then be logical to assume that it is not raining and everyone else also was in the shower? The only way you could prove it is not raining would be if every person who is claiming to be wet from the rain could be shown to be wet from the shower instead.

A scientist would never claim that it is not raining, rather after interviewing half the people he would formulate the hypothesis that it probably is not raining, but he would never rule out the alternative raining hypothesis unless he went and looked outside for himself.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by metamagic]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by pexx421
There were even 2 accupuncture points that could be used during a breach birth that make a baby turn around in the womb. Absolutely incredible.

Just when you think you have heard of every silly story along comes one even sillier - care to show any evidence at all of this?

as to "chi" being used, have a look at this video

[edit on 19/1/10 by dereks]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
You ridicule because you are uneducated. My ex fiancee was a naturopathic doctor, its a prestigious school that is post med, costs about 300k for most students. There are 3 in the US, and they are most learned. While she was attending we learned and tried many things that western medicine had never heard of, and was ineffective for. I personally learned easy and completely effective herbal ways to treat such things as pink eye, ear infections, brown recluse bites, herpes, and many many other things. These doctors learn many different modalities, they learn herbal med, homeopathy, adjustments, accupuncture, as well as pharmacology, so yes, they are licensed to prescribe meds as well. This is not a joke, and your display of ignorance in the form of ridicule does you no benefit here. As i stated, chinese medicine has a rich several thousand year history, and YES there are two points commonly used for breach. They are not 100 percent effective, but that they are effective at all is extremely interesting. I am sure you can ask any chinese doctor....but then you would probably laugh and say that all of them are deluded.

Personally I had a hernia. I had the surgery then went back to tai chi class. My instructor, also a chinese doctor, lamented when i told him, as he then informed me that if i had sought his help, they have ways to fix hernias in chinese medicine without surgery, that brings permanent healing, however once you have western surgery, you will most likely continue to have hernias through your life....and indeed i have had another since. Interestingly enough.... prior to my hernia, several naturopaths at my fiancee's school diagnosed me with "spleen chi deficiency"....after having my hernia, my chinese doctor friend said " a hernia? Ah, that is caused by spleen chi deficiency"...apparently in chinese philosophy, the spleen is the organ responsible for maintaining the integrity of the other internal organs, and holding them all together. Interesting how the students at SCNM (southwest college of naturopathic medicine) could diagnose in me an energetic deficiency that specifically causes what i would later come down with.... a hernia.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

Originally posted by pexx421
There were even 2 accupuncture points that could be used during a breach birth that make a baby turn around in the womb. Absolutely incredible.

Just when you think you have heard of every silly story along comes one even sillier - care to show any evidence at all of this?

as to "chi" being used, have a look at this video

Then explain to me Spontaneous human combustion , there is no other explanation to it, it is Chi or some kind of energy generated by the human body. Not everyone knows how to control it, in fact it is extremely rare if someone does.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join