It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2nd Ammendment , Right to bear arms , Legally to be Challenged

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Challenge THIS!

No chance in hell that this will fly

[edit on 1/18/2010 by Lemon.Fresh]

Haha nice collection you can come over my place and shoot anytime.
"Happiness is a warm gun."

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Can't say it any better myself.
Long live uncle Ted.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

your a typical internet mucscles person im an am. kickboxer you call me a pansy???
Statistics cool way ta go i wasnt trying to prove anything to you i was stating an observation.
Give me a call if your ever in the NYC
Pansy

Let me guess your from well im not gonna even gonna go there im trying to be as nice as i can to someone trying to insult me if your worried about the government taking your guns maybe you shouldnt say it on the internet they might be watching you.
i just implied their seems to be a lot of gun nut ego petting goin on AT ats. guess i was right

Little stressed are we?? better leave the saftey on today buddy you might hurt someone.
staistcally speaking of course

I hope the NWO takes your gun first o wait let me guess youd like to see them try!!!. NWO

Have a good one

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by triplescorpio
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

your a typical internet mucscles person im an am. kickboxer you call me a pansy???
Statistics cool way ta go i wasnt trying to prove anything to you i was stating an observation.
Give me a call if your ever in the NYC
Pansy

Let me guess your from well im not gonna even gonna go there im trying to be as nice as i can to someone trying to insult me if your worried about the government taking your guns maybe you shouldnt say it on the internet they might be watching you.
i just implied their seems to be a lot of gun nut ego petting goin on AT ats. guess i was right

Little stressed are we?? better leave the saftey on today buddy you might hurt someone.
staistcally speaking of course

I hope the NWO takes your gun first o wait let me guess youd like to see them try!!!. NWO

Have a good one
Awesome. You have shown exactly how libs debate when faced with FACTS. Thank you so much. Not LOL, just smiling....

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by triplescorpio

Relax this is all fantasy land.You know who flyingfish is? A made up character on ATS Who is armed to the teeth

Peace

[edit on 18-1-2010 by flyingfish]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by nicm01

Ahh comon sense how i dig theee. Goodluck trying to make the fringe element gun owners understand they think more guns equal safety there was another thread recently about airport screening it was scary to see how many ignorant people thought guns should be allowed on airplanes. and that securtiy is a not needed cause it infringes on some right theyd rather be blown up in an airbourne fireball.
The law of probaility doesnt apply to the ego maniac they re blind to the truth.
Its sad

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by flyingfish

dude im calm and definately not interested in how many guns you have

Try not to shoot yourslef in the foot
laughing for sure

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by triplescorpio

dude im calm and definately not interested in how many guns you have

Try not to shoot yourslef in the foot
laughing for sure

"Dude" This cheese burger has a better chance of killing me than my gun.
There is a chance I could shoot my foot if I were aiming at it,but that would be stupid now wouldn't it.
Grow up "dude."

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Grow up your on the internet bragging about how many guns you have and patting yourself on the back good luck if you think your words will be little me your probably....
ehh your not worth it peace out i hope i dnt read about you in the newspapper we ve had enough tragedy lately the factory worker who snapped the other day and shot a bunch of innocent people at his job enough ..... did he really need to own the Machine gun ask the victims familys about your rights

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
A U.S. President CANNOT overturn an ammendment to the U.S. constitution. Period. It requires a 2/3rds majority of BOTH houses and that's just to start. Then it goes to the states and it reqires 3/4ths of the states. It only takes 13 states to NOT approve the ammendment and it's a no-go.

. . .

All it does is get ignorant people all upset, which frankly makes it clear it was done to serve a political agenda.

[edit on 18-1-2010 by jackel]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by triplescorpio

should i even bother pointing out your hypocrisy? you down him for "bragging on the internet" - yet 2 posts up you brag about being an "am. kickboxer", then go on to personally attack him? wow - they truly do walk amongst us, hell some even post on this site.

as for me, i live in texas - you can pry my guns from my cold, dead hands - if you're still alive after trying to take them. and even then, good luck.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
called me a pansy i should say ????

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by I.C. Weiner

you go wit yo bad self!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I said am. kB Im a bike shop owner with my bro we make bikes i can BRAG about them if youd like i do the latter to stay in shape i drink too much beer.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

Here it is again.....www.abovetopsecret.com...

Excellent...thanks for posting this. I find it essential to note that the morons that are trying to destroy our rights to bear arms are the exact same fools that utilize guns for the protection that they want to strip us of.

Here's information of a senator who is against the right to bear arms that shot an invader in his home. Why did he have a gun in the first place? Wasn't he trying to destroy our rights to protect ourselves???

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by nicm01
There seems to be a central issue that most of you are missing here - or have you Americans become too jaded? The tighter restriction on guns will hopefully stop the prevalence of gun massacres.

The case I point to is the Port Arthur Massecre in Tasmainia, Australia, 1996. A mentally ill man killed 35 men, women and children and wounded 21 others. The government swiftly imposed gun restrictions and cash-for-guns programs (fortunately there was no ridiculous 2nd amendment standing in their way).

How many gun massacres have there been in Australian since? NONE.

How many have there been in America in the last year alone? Can you count them all?

Well, one is too many as far as I'm concerned.

And for all you so-called hunters out there, RESPONSIBLE people are still issued gun licences for hunting here in Australia. (Most Aussie pig hunters don't need them - they hunt pigs the REAL way.)

Get real, people. Until you get rid of guns you will never will never get rid of gun violence. Simple as that.

Is that the same way you hunted down and stock pileded the skulls of the Tasmanian population? Did you hunt them to extinction with dog and knives mate?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer

Originally posted by Sean48
Sounds to me like there could be a challenge of the 2nd Amendment.

It's definitely a challenge. The Supreme Court ruled long ago that the 2nd Amendment does specify that the individual Citizen does have the Right to own & Bear Arms, not merely the military or Militias. Another "control freak" who sees the inherent danger of violating the Supreme Law of the Land against the People...And wants to cover his own butt. Supporting the "status quo" that advocates being a career criminal & trying to avoid accountability for those crimes is more dangerous than simply obeying the Oath of Office, after all.

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
One of their prime goals is to rewrite the U.S. Constitution by bypassing the amendment system laid down in it.

This is perhaps one of the primary initiatives that has nearly half the States calling for a Constitutional Convention...This is a convention with the goal of re-writing the Constitution. I would suggest people contact their State governments & oppose the convention altogether...We don't need a new constitution because it's getting hard to make them obey the one we have now! The only enforcement mechanism the Constitution really has is We the People & they must be made to obey it, as per the Oath of Office.

Originally posted by phattyphatmatt
I'm sure most of you have heard "I would never invade the United States, there would be a gun behind every blade of grass."- Isoroku Yamamoto.

Hey, I've used that quote before in several posts...He was a Japanese General during WW2 who was asked about the possibility of invading the US & that was his answer. I forgot the source of that quote, so thanks for finding it for me.

Originally posted by ventian
They will soon try and remove powers of the congress then they will pass laws that further destroy the Bill of Rights.

Congress already has lost of lot of its Powers, some even voluntarily! The Federal Reserve has taken the Power to "coin" our money & determine its value, Congress refuses to use the Power to punish counterfeiters. The Executive Branch consistently starts wars even without Congress to declare such. They raise money to support Armies, but with no consideration to the 2-year time limit. Post Offices are not truly government anymore, having been turned into a Federal "Commerce." They've given up the lawful use of Militias to the President. Seems to me that the overall goal of the Executive Branch is to render Congress meaningless.
Hmmm...Where have I heard of something similar?...
"The last remnants of the old Republic have been swept away."
"Impossible! How will the Emperor maintain control without the bureaucracy?"
"The regional governors now have direct control."
After all, the government wants to set up another (expensive for taxpayers) layer of 10 regional governors between the People & themselves...I think that once such a new layer is set up, they'll just disband Congress altogether. So much for "job security."

Originally posted by Signals
Someone should perform a Citizen's Arrest on Czar Sunstein immediately, he is a traitor.

Well, according to the Constitution's definition of Treason:

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

But then again, weren't Waco, Kent State & Ruby Ridge but a mere few examples where the government has already attacked Citizens? It seems to me that these were some "test runs" for the government, to see if they could BS their way out of accountability for such blatant attacks. Sad to say, it worked at the time, but I doubt they can get away with it for much longer.

Originally posted by Kieithsage
No guns is one step closer to martial law..

because we wont have anything to fight back with.

This much is true...There are numerous examples in history. Countries that actually succeed in disarming the population have initiated mass slaughter. Giving up the Natural Right to defend yourself is just begging to have the government shoot you. That's right...The 2nd Amendment is not what grants us that Right, it merely points it out as a Natural Right that the government has zero authority to mess with.

Originally posted by ClintK
When people float this nonsense --Obama is going to overturn the 2nd ammendment-- it' clear they are completely ignorant of how laws are made in their own country.

True, Obama has no legal authority to overturn an Amendment & neither does the Judiciary or Congress...But look at how well the past few administrations in government have actually obeyed the laws so far...

As for Congress, take a look at all of the gun regulations they've "passed," & then you should start to wonder; exactly what part of "shall not be infringed" do they have trouble understanding?

Originally posted by itsawild1
they can try--but they will find out different, so dont worry all they can do is impose a tax.

Even though the Supreme Court has ruled against the taxation, licensing, or any other kind of fee-structure on any Rights? Yes, when that ruling came out, the SCOTUS knew that the lawful exercise of a Right could never be subjected to regulation or taxation of any kind, because they knew that if it could be done, then all or our Rights could simply be taxed into oblivion by making our Rights too expensive to keep. But look what has already been done against pretty much all of our Rights at this point.

Originally posted by Realtruth
American people can be led and controlled very easily, by means of financial slavery or media manipulation.

Well, I already addressed "financial slavery" just above, but the problem with MSM is that they've allowed (by just "going along" with it) the government to falsely lead us into a Democracy, when it's in violation of their Oath of Office to do so...America is a Republic under Common Law & cannot be a democracy, even with an overwhelming public mandate! In short, the Constitution doesn't allow us to forfeit our Rights for any reason. The Constitution doesn't give any part of the government any leeway to mess with our Rights, even if we choose to waive them vountarily! So any time you hear any government pundit talking about "upholding our democracy" or "the spread of democracy worldwide," they're already acting in Breech of Oath & committing a felony crime by doing so!

Originally posted by mrno1
The entire population of that state can vote against something, and the sen. and rep. can vote yes!

Ah, but you seem to forget that the States have the power to nullify US government infringement within State boundaries...And many are doing so, right now, on various issues. Best place to start is right in your home State...As the US government has been trying to effect tyrannical rule from the "top-down," We the People can counter it from the "bottom-up." But we also must not forget that all political power originates from the People; We the People ordained & established the Constitution, delegating specific limited powers through the US government, but then (with the 10th Amendment) granted Powers to the States & then came full circle back to the People! The Feds have been ignoring their limits & the ultimate source of their delegated powers all this time, but I feel that a serious "wake up call" is coming.

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple
Don't kill the 2nd ammendment. Modify it. Nobody is going to bitch and moan if you take firearms away from the gangbangers except maybe the gangbangers and they don't vote anyway.

The 2nd Amendment needs no modification; The Law itself has the means to remove guns from those who abuse their Rights. The Supreme Court has ruled that no lawful exercise of Rights can be converted into a crime. However, this also means that exercising a Right in an unlawful manner constitutes a lawful revocation of Rights...In essence, with each Right comes the inherent responsibility to not violate the Equal Rights of others. As long as you do not violate someone else's Equal Rights under Law, the government has absolutely no lawful authority to mess around with your Rights.

---------Concluded Below---------------

This is good common sense. Star for this dedication.
Continued below

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ClintK

and an ignorance of the individual writings of the current justices, all of whom have given VERY strong support to gun ownership.

On 06/26/2008, the SCOTUS vote was 5-4, striking down the Washington D.C. handgun ban. That means 4 supported the handgun ban. That is not "VERY strong support". The replacement of just 1 of the 5 supporters can tip that decision the other way. That is why the appointment of replacement SCOTUS Justices is the greatest power of the POTUS.

The dissenting justices, led by Stevens, scoffed at the majority's historical analysis of the Second Amendment. "There is no indication that (the amendment's drafters) intended to enshrine the common-law right of self-defense in the Constitution," wrote Stevens, who took the rare step of reading from the bench. He listed eight specific grounds on which he believed the majority was wrong.

www.usatoday.com...

Justice Steven's dissent is here: www.law.cornell.edu...

and, clearly, states his opinion that only individuals who are members of a "well regulated militia" are protected gun owners.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
'Don't be surprised to see blah blah blah in the next 3-4 years....'

Sounds to me like he's telling us we have about 4 more years to buy whatever guns we want before all hell breaks loose.

Get em while the gettin's good! And if you register them, you might want to consider "losing" your weapon and filing a report saying as much before they are banned so that maybe you will have an excuse when they come to your house as to why you can't produce yours anymore. Just a thought. Can't take a lost gun!

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

All the while the price of firearms and bullets are getting out of control.
Maybe this is one way they think they can stimulate the economy.BS.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join